K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

Guest 1nonlydawb

I was thinking $59.95 is a real bargain from scarecrow but was hesitant because I have never heard of them before but since YAE recommends them I will definitely go for it. Other sites are selling FH for $105 yikes <_<

Do you know how many extra minutes are being added since it's Director's Cut version? No where was it labeled.

I actually bought my Full House set along with other dramas from Scarecrow.. I'd recommend it. Most of their prices are a lot cheaper than YA...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kdramafanusa

I actually bought my Full House set along with other dramas from Scarecrow.. I'd recommend it. Most of their prices are a lot cheaper than YA...

Thanks for sharing, I usually buy my sets from other online stores for less than Yesasia too.

I have ordered from HKFLIX.net, they are good as well. I haven't tried DVDPACIFIC.com yet, their prices seem reasonable too.

YESASIA is having a sale on selected K-drama sets right now.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/Specials/KVLClearance/Index.aspx

I was thinking $59.95 is a real bargain from scarecrow but was hesitant because I have never heard of them before but since YAE recommends them I will definitely go for it. Other sites are selling FH for $105 yikes <_<

Do you know how many extra minutes are being added since it's Director's Cut version? No where was it labeled.

I'm not sure. Members in SHK or Rain threads might know.

Special Features : Interviews with Director, Behind the Scenes, Bloopers, Love Story Featurette, Variety Show, Photo Gallery.

http://www.dvdasian.com/_e/Korea/product/2...gion_1_DVD_.htm

Gummi Bear

As for Scarecrow, I haven't bought from them before; YAENTERTAINMENT recommends them. Other sites sell the same Full House for a lot more too.

http://www.scarecrow.com/sales/item.asp?ProductID=8083

Hey everybody, I live in Seattle where the actual Scarecrow video store is located :) and it is absolutely the best, most respected video store. One of the best if not the best in the US. And it isn't a chain and truly it is the greatest video store ever so buy from them. You definitely won't get ripped off and you are supporting a really great independent store. I walk there and buy all my dramas and movies from them.

Guest Gummi Bear

Thank you everybody for all your feedback, the discounted prices from yesasia are soooo tempting but unfortunately I am on a budget (sigh).

Guest kdramafanusa

Thank you everybody for all your feedback, the discounted prices from yesasia are soooo tempting but unfortunately I am on a budget (sigh).

They run these special sale several times a year, you can get them in the future. =)

Melica, thanks for sharing. =)

Guest Gummi Bear

They run these special sale several times a year, you can get them in the future. =)

Melica, thanks for sharing. =)

That's great news for me, I was thinking of getting My Girl and Stairway to Heaven but since I already purchased Full House and with my limited budget I have to resist the urge!

I didn't recognize you at first kdramafanusa since you change your avatar :lol:

Guest kdramafanusa

That's great news for me, I was thinking of getting My Girl and Stairway to Heaven but since I already purchased Full House and with my limited budget I have to resist the urge!

I didn't recognize you at first kdramafanusa since you change your avatar :lol:

Gummi Bear, I checked out their sale. I know that Stairway to Heaven is priced exactly the same as their last sale, same for My Girl too I think. Hotelier's gone down this time though.

I just changed my avatar last night, have you seen Autumn In My Heart? =)

Guest Gummi Bear

You'll be surprise to hear this kdramafanusa but the answer is no. I know Autumn In My Heart is consider one of the best series and a fan fav but because someone spoil the ending for me so I didn't watch it. They also said that Won Bin should have got the girl and that SSH was really annoying in it. That's why I am hesitant to watch it.

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: YA Entertainment E-mail

Medical Brothers: NOW AVAILABLE!

Country Princess: April 8, 2008

My Beautiful Days: April 8, 2008

Into the Sunlight: May, 2008

One Fine Day: May, 2008

Delicious Proposal: June, 2008

Be Strong Geum Soon: July, 2008

I Really Really Like You: July, 2008

King and I: 3rd Quarter 2008

You'll be surprise to hear this kdramafanusa but the answer is no. I know Autumn In My Heart is consider one of the best series and a fan fav but because someone spoil the ending for me so I didn't watch it. They also said that Won Bin should have got the girl and that SSH was really annoying in it. That's why I am hesitant to watch it.

Gummi Bear, I don't think SSH's annoying in AIMH at all. :)

I have the impression that younger viewers prefer Won Bin & wanted his character to end up with SHK's; could it be why this fan fav found SSH unlikable?

Guest Gummi Bear

Hey everybody, I live in Seattle where the actual Scarecrow video store is located :) and it is absolutely the best, most respected video store. One of the best if not the best in the US. And it isn't a chain and truly it is the greatest video store ever so buy from them. You definitely won't get ripped off and you are supporting a really great independent store. I walk there and buy all my dramas and movies from them.

Hi melica, do you know if Scarecrow have an annual sale or semi-annual sale event that we fans should know about?

kdramafanusa, who do you like better in AIMH? Won Bin or SSH character?

Hi melica, do you know if Scarecrow have an annual sale or semi-annual sale event that we fans should know about?

I don't think that Scarecrow has a big annual sale but if one happens like that I'll be sure to post in this thread. They mostly just have prices a little cheaper year round. It makes me happy that they became one of the YA Kdrama retail outlets because it is such a nice video store. You can even rent region 3 KDramas and movies there. It's an incredible video store.

Guest kdramafanusa

kdramafanusa, who do you like better in AIMH? Won Bin or SSH character?

Among the 4-season dramas, AIMH is my personal favorite. I am huge fan of SSH all b/c of this drama; after all these years & countless K-dramas, he's still my most favorite Korean actor. =) His eyes/gaze capture my heart. Heehee. ~fan mode~

Their roles are different though; SSH is more manly/matured (his role is very gentle, he considers other's feelings) & Won Bin is cute in a boyish way. Unlike other dramas where the 2nd leading man is annoying (won't let the main couple be), Won Bin is likable (he would put a smile on one's face). They both love SHK's role in a touching way. When I watch a drama, I subscribe to the idea that love is one-and-only (doesn't change in spite of everything that goes on around them) & that it conquers all so I rooted for SSH & SHK all the way. There was no doubt that she loved him throughout her life, but some fans felt that she should have accepted WB's love.

The 2 young stars who played the young version of SSH & SHK were simply unforgettable, they are part of the reasons why viewers are glued to this drama from early on. Other dramas with similar childhood setups (Stairway to Heaven, Sad Love Story) didn't come close to me, some other parts of their storylines were similar to AIMH too.

To me, AIMH has the best looking cast ever - SSH, SHK, WB.

I don't think that Scarecrow has a big annual sale but if one happens like that I'll be sure to post in this thread. They mostly just have prices a little cheaper year round. It makes me happy that they became one of the YA Kdrama retail outlets because it is such a nice video store. You can even rent region 3 KDramas and movies there. It's an incredible video store.

Melica, I agree with you that Scarcrow's price is cheaper than other stores most of the time.

Hopefully, they will have a bigger selection of Kdramas/movies in the future. =)

received the following from KBS America, I hope you guys email them!

RE: KBS New DVD release survey

Dear KBS Drama Fans,

KBS America appreciates for the love you have shown to KBS programs.

Fans like you are the reason KBS America exists. We feel obliged to produce and provide better programs.

We have a plan to produce new DVD box sets this year, so we are doing a survey about our programs for future releases.

Please answer questions below.

l What is your favorite KBS program in 2007?

l What KBS program(s) do you want to see again (on TV or DVD)?

l What KBS program(s) do you want to have on DVD box set(s)?

l Do you prefer subtitling or dubbing?

l Any actor, actress or singer you want to see?

Thank you for participating in the survey. Your answer is very precious to us. It will give us more understandings about KBS viewers, and will help us to make better programs.

We always would like to hear from Korean drama fans like you. Please don’t hesitate to email or call us if you have any question or suggestion. Again, we appreciate your interests in KBS programs.

Sincerely,

DVD Sales.

the email address you need to send it to: dvdsales@kbs-america.com (or kjlee@kbs-america.com who will also forward it to dvdsales@kbs-america.com)

^ thanks for the info! i'm going to send 'em emails requesting DalJa's Spring :lol:

The Four Guardian Gods of the King / Taio Shijinki / The Legend /

By MBC America

US$119.79

http://hanbooks.com/stoffikifogo.html

(i've bought from hanbooks before so they're reliable too)

are you sure it's from MBC America? because I don't see MBC America on that page.

Guest kdramafanusa

received the following from KBS America, I hope you guys email them!

Creidesca, thanks for posting this here. Will sure to e-mail them.

BTW, has anyone ordered from KBS America recently? Some of the sets I'm interested in have been listed as Out-of-stock for months now, I wonder if they'll ever restock them.

Creidesca & Chula, do you have their toll-free number? I remember seeing it (in this thread i think) before, I looked through pages & still couldn't find it.

Thanks. =)

are you sure it's from MBC America? because I don't see MBC America on that page.

I recognize the logo from the lower left corner, it's not from MBC America. Hanbooks listed the Studio as Multimedia Entertainment (M). According to HKFlIX, it's a Malaysia-Based Distributor. This set is available at HKFLIX for a lot less.

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.545731/qx/details.htm

The Legend, Part 1 [4-Disc Set]

US$31.95

Cast: Bae Yong Joon || Lee Ji Ah || Moon So Ri || Oh Kwang Rok || Choi Min Soo || Yoon Tae Young

Running Time: 820 mins. (approx.)

Languages: Korean (2.0 - Stereo)

Mandarin (2.0 - Stereo)

Subtitles: ENGLISH, Chinese, Bahasa (Malaysian)

Distributor: Multimedia Entertainment Sdn. Bhd [A Malaysia-Based Distributor]

Rating: UN - "Unrated. This film has not been rated by the review board."

Features: Letterboxed

Stereo

16 Episodes

I see releases from [Multimedia Entertainment Sdn. Bhd] & [PMP Entertainment] (listed as Malaysia-based distributors) at various online stores, anyone familiar with them? Are they authentic? How are their english subtitles?

Dalja's Spring [4-Disc Set] from PMP Entertainment [A Malaysia-Based Distributor]

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.545673/qx/details.htm

Guest kdramafanusa

DVDasian has the front & back covers of Legend

Story of the First King's Four Gods ( Taio Shijinki,The Legend): Korean TV Complete Series (8 DVD)

Starring: Bae Yong-Joon, Lee Ji-Ah, Moon So-Ri, Choi Min-Su

Director: Kim Jong-Hak, Yun Sang-Ho

Studio: Multimedia Entertainment (M)

Our Price: $99.95 {more expensive than HKFLIX}

Product Detail

Audio Format: DD 2.0

Video Format: Widescreen 1.85:1 (Anamorphic)

Languages: Korean, Taiwanese

Subtitles: English, Chinese (S), Malay

Region Code: ALL

Year Made: 2007

Running Time:

Release Date: 03/17/2008

28518_1201886553.jpg28518_1204557589.jpg

Guest shred

i could've sworn it still said MBC America when i saw it yesterday.

didn't mean to misinform people ... sorry.

thanks for the info kdramafanusa.

Guest GenDaVinci

So far, i'm not impressed with any Malaysian or Chinese version of Korean drama for their English sub. Until then, i'm sticking with only the US and Korea based distributor.

Guest kdramafanusa

from dvdfromkorea

[3/27/2008] His Last Gift: Special Edition

- Shin Hyun-jun, Huh Joon-ho

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=6472

[3/27/2008] Once Upon A Time: Special Edition (2disc, dts)

- Park Yong-woo, Lee Bo-yeong

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=6471

[4/08/2008] Hell Cats (2disc, dts)

- Lee Mi-sook, Kim Min-hee, Ahn So-hee

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=6464

[4/10/2008] Open City: Limited Edition (2disc, Digipack)

- Kim Myung-min, Son Ye-jin, Kim Hae-sook

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=6512

[4/11/2008] The Devil's Game (2disc)

- Sin Ha-gyoon, Byeon Hee-bong

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=6514

[4/18/2008] Miss Gold Digger Special Edition (2disc)

- Han Ye-seul, Lee Jong-hyuk

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=6519

Archived