스타일 ^^ (fob Style Thread?)

Guest sunmi_byul

Guest jess7ca

Wow.. I love this thread ><

I always wondered how to top off the korean style look. Thanks for these! Such a great style

Aww I love the pics! The outfits are so fab ><

Man.. if only I had a korean fashion stylist to dress me up everyday lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PandaKiss

Ooh, I love Chinese fashion, 'cause I can't get Korean clothing.

Haha, my brother has one of those jackets, the army green one, with the hood.

Its pretty cool.

But fashion is always changing.

Last year I went back to HK, the stuff weren't really flattering.

Lets hope this year is better.

: )

Guest white-skin-girl

contrary to what another member had said (forgot who), clothes pictures can be found in cheap shops such at TEMT, Valleygirl, Supre (ugh) etc and even shops in Chinatown sell a lot of that stuff - but it tends to be overpriced e.g. Sydney 97, Peace Nation, In Wear - all in market city...you just got to be patient and know how to style it that way....more expensive shopssuch as Witchery, CUE, Portmans etc will definitely not sell clothes like that.

are u referring to me?

shouldnt be the other way around? cause my dad works all different stores with them... I dont find those clothes cheap in CUE, seduce and fcuk etc... Go look at their factories and u will see its more updated... but the cheap stores (teens) usually take few months to be released those styles because they have to produce their own... of course they dont want to copy each other clothes... thats why it takes longer and copy their styles in a teen way and use cheap fabric so pplecan afford them....

For chinatown, thats because its where all the fobby clothes are all imported so u will see the current styles as overseas. Most of the chinatown stores are way too expensive, rip off....

That's it! I'm officially gonna stalk this thread haha.

Gaaahh so sad that I'm broke right now and there aren't any korean shops near me. :(

I want to dress like that,I really want to but too fat hehe I tend to dress more conservative

Thank you for contributing.

My few-chaa goal is to pull off the look someday

are u referring to me?

shouldnt be the other way around? cause my dad works all different stores with them... I dont find those clothes cheap in CUE, seduce and fcuk etc... Go look at their factories and u will see its more updated... but the cheap stores (teens) usually take few months to be released those styles because they have to produce their own... of course they dont want to copy each other clothes... thats why it takes longer and copy their styles in a teen way and use cheap fabric so pplecan afford them....

For chinatown, thats because its where all the fobby clothes are all imported so u will see the current styles as overseas. Most of the chinatown stores are way too expensive, rip off....

i never said stores like CUE were cheap - if anything, they're pretty expensive/overpriced. However, what i did say was that those stores do not sell 'fobby' clothes. Stores like CUE, Witchery and Country Road sell more smart casual looks - targeted to females in their 20s - women who shop in those shops do not wear clothes in the first post. Most of the pieces in the first post are not 'in' amongst people who shop in CUE, Witchery, FCUK, Portmans, Kookai, MNG etc. Right now, most of the styles in stock include shifts, smocks, pinafores - most of the stores above follow the trends off the catwalks of NY, London, Milan and Paris. They do not advertise a 'fobby' style.

Those vests, flannalette shirts, leggings/tights and miniskirts are found in cheap (teen) stores.

Guest twinkle_l0ve

cute outfits and gives me such inspiration

but makes me wanan go shopping more ==;

i love how plaid, zebra print and oversized tees are in<3

Guest white-skin-girl

i never said stores like CUE were cheap - if anything, they're pretty expensive/overpriced. However, what i did say was that those stores do not sell 'fobby' clothes. Stores like CUE, Witchery and Country Road sell more smart casual looks - targeted to females in their 20s - women who shop in those shops do not wear clothes in the first post. Most of the pieces in the first post are not 'in' amongst people who shop in CUE, Witchery, FCUK, Portmans, Kookai, MNG etc. Right now, most of the styles in stock include shifts, smocks, pinafores - most of the stores above follow the trends off the catwalks of NY, London, Milan and Paris. They do not advertise a 'fobby' style.

Those vests, flannalette shirts, leggings/tights and miniskirts are found in cheap (teen) stores.

to tell u the truth, most of the expensive stores are actually imported from overseas.... i dont usually tell pple but if u work there u will know(so do u now consider these fobby?) anyways, i meant the style not fob. Their style of clothing is more updated and thats wat i said its for more older pple and YES its in haha.... i know a chinese fashion designer who lives in australia was talking about how asian fashions are more updated and so the australians copied their style.... for Catwalks, their styles are usually copy from asia but sumtimes of their own design and thats why the americans are late in fashion....

Its not just korea, its also taiwan or other parts of china who has the same styles... and thats wat i meant by copying each other styles....

Fobby style does not mean they owned evrything of their style....

for miniskirts, leggings etc theyre different to the expensive stores because its meant for older pple so those australian designers from the expensive stores have their own choice ie. they might not want to design leggings but rather design others that suit the olders...Dont just focus on the very teen clothes, just look at where older pple could wear them eg. long coats.... although, you dont see much aussie teens wearing long coats....

^yes, i know they are imported from overseas - you need not tell me - one of the reasons are Australia's high wage rates.

Actually, what do you consider fobby? Because right now, i don't understand your definition of it.

Yes i do agree that a lot of key pieces are inspired from trends in Asia - but i wouldn't go as far as 'copy' because it is appropriated. Furthermore, I wouldn't say that international catwalk fashions are copied from Asia - many of the key trends and styles come from Europe as well as the US - YSL, Balenciaga (Nicolas Ghesquière), Oscar De La Renta, Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney, Chloe - no point in naming all of them. True, a lot street wear is copied from Asia, but the season's key shapes and silouhettes are taken from the RTW shows.

What I'm trying to say is that 'fobby' styles is not mainstream in Australia - therefore, the shops that we've mentioned (i'm not going to name all of them again) will not stock the pieces that appear in the photos posted by sunmi_byul. Also, many Aussies go around wearing more casual clothes paired together with flip-flops - hardly copying from Asia.

The issue, as brought up by tramy is where to buy the pieces pictured in the first post - these clothes do NOT appear in stores like CUE etc. I've focused on teen clothes because this thread is basically about what teens were - you don't see 25+ people wearing these sort of clothes.

Guest thequondam

Wow, I love this thread already. :P Here's an update. I'm adding this thread to favourites.

CLOTHES

rich_doraemon-img517x513-11681583868082__2_____-6.jpg

dodono1220-img500x500-1168271039222-4.jpg

These are like the most famous thing in Singapore, HK and TW. I think its equally popular in korea as well. Throw on a puffed sleeve shirt and wear it together with a necklace and you're good to go.

rich_doraemon-img567x309-11708508398001-8.jpg

rich_doraemon-img513x600-11688383688092_75_40_43_46__1_-8.jpg

rich_doraemon-img431x600-11688406748090_75_40_43_46____2_-11.jpg

The huge oversized pullover look. Wear it with leggings and fit on a beanie 8D

rich_doraemon-img595x309-11707449488033-8.jpg

The famous I love NY long top

yumidolls-img600x593-116238819719_1-6.jpg

If you have jeans that you really dislike wearing, why not fold it up and wear it with a long tunic and throw one a huge oversized outerwear. Pair this with heels for a slimming feet effect (Heels are <33)

dodono1220-img600x600-116169926142118169-4.jpg

Skinny jeans + Loose top + Boots + Messy hairdo = *thumbs up*

yumidolls-img400x599-117082408203-6.jpg

Oversized long tunic and the very popular heart necklace. Pair it with boots and its super chinese style. :P

yumidolls-img450x600-1164728543kuen72806_img450x600_1164378209___02552______6-6.jpg

Who says the weather need to be uber cold to wear furs? This vest is reversible (next picture.) I think the leggings+oversizedtunic+heels are really popular now.

yumidolls-img450x600-1164728543kuen72806_img450x600_1164289921___02637______6-6.jpg

Reversible (previous picture) and hoodie removed. I like this very muchhhh, lol.

yumidolls-img600x449-116320435274-6.jpg

Simple camisole and short denim shorts. Throw in a sling bag to complete the look.

yumidolls-img400x599-117082461701-11.jpg

Hiphop style. I love thissss, reminds me of KimOkBin in Over the rainbow. Hahaha

bigi0107000-img599x446-1170472296bigi0107000_img600x446_1169553139n_______bigi0107000_img600x442_1169530095001_6_11-8.jpg

Bags like that are really popular now. Similar ones to the LV monogram. My mum passed me her LV, I love it so much 8D

rich_doraemon-img360x600-1161178456_017_1____-10.jpg

The long outerwear layered look

Will update more if I have time. I hope you all liked this update.. itsprettyboring :X

Quick update on what is really popular in HK/ Singapore/ TW:

1. Pinafores

2. Layered styles

3. Short fluffly skirts

4. Polka dots and stripes and floral patterns

5. Flats

Hmm, I think what sunmi_byul said about red patent stillettos. I think patent was really famous/popular last year. This year is more of clean cut and plain style. Layers are most important (but please, color crash -_-)

TIP You don't need to buy expensive clothes from so-called Korean sites or what. I don't really do that because I find it really not worth the money. Its really expensive and my mum doesn't let me spend that much money on clothes. So what do you do? Start outttttttt by going to a lot of cheap thrift stores (Walmart!) or always look out things on sale. Its the best to check out if that piece of clothing is worth it. Check where they are from. From my experience, the cheapest kind of clothings would be from China because of their workmanship (which is not so good) and the material they use. The mid-range one would be HK and Taiwan (though TW gets most of their clothes from China). Korea's clothes are the most expensive and you're paying for the quality. I remember seeing one really nice puffy shirt for about 20USD and its plain white. But this kind of shirt, you could practically get it anywhere. So shop smart ;) If you're not sure if a piece of clothing is worth it or not, feel free to PM me. IseriouslyknowtherealbuyingpriceinAsia. xD

Guest TrainDriver

some of them have way too many layers to be worn in places like australia. heck even HK isn't cold enough to wear that many layers :P

Guest white-skin-girl

^yes, i know they are imported from overseas - you need not tell me - one of the reasons are Australia's high wage rates.

Actually, what do you consider fobby? Because right now, i don't understand your definition of it.

Yes i do agree that a lot of key pieces are inspired from trends in Asia - but i wouldn't go as far as 'copy' because it is appropriated. Furthermore, I wouldn't say that international catwalk fashions are copied from Asia - many of the key trends and styles come from Europe as well as the US - YSL, Balenciaga (Nicolas Ghesquière), Oscar De La Renta, Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney, Chloe - no point in naming all of them. True, a lot street wear is copied from Asia, but the season's key shapes and silouhettes are taken from the RTW shows.

What I'm trying to say is that 'fobby' styles is not mainstream in Australia - therefore, the shops that we've mentioned (i'm not going to name all of them again) will not stock the pieces that appear in the photos posted by sunmi_byul. Also, many Aussies go around wearing more casual clothes paired together with flip-flops - hardly copying from Asia.

The issue, as brought up by tramy is where to buy the pieces pictured in the first post - these clothes do NOT appear in stores like CUE etc. I've focused on teen clothes because this thread is basically about what teens were - you don't see 25+ people wearing these sort of clothes.

1.okay, why cant i say theyre imported because how would i know if u already knew that, since we're talking about fob style...i didnt know that till my dad told me this... and im sure alot of pple didnt know that...

2. we were talking about fobby 'styles'..... read the thread title..... infact i was trying not to talk much about fobby, i was trying to talk about the fashion styles that we have in australia...

3. do u mean inappropiate? (im confused) if ur saying its inappropiate to say copy, then how would i explain it.... i had to use this word because its easier to understand. I dont see wats the point when u say what styles comes from and then after that u agreed with what i said about how most copied from asia.... If u agreed it then this explains why the expensive stores are imported and therefore those catwalks u said in previous posts...

4. Wat im saying is their STYLES not just the fobby, i already said this many times in my previous posts. The whole time we were talking about the australian styles. Fobby is not just only clothes, it could meant their hair, lifestlye, language etc.... Did u even look through those expensive stores? because u keep assuming theyre not in....

5. i was trying to help pple where they could find those styles in australia.... Do u even work for CUE, Seduce, fcuk and other expensive stores?????

these models look older..... i wouldnt say 25+ age, it would be more like 40+ that u dont see much pple wearing them...

Archived