LDW & SJH's friendship is one of my fave friendships in the industry. It's the quiet, caring and supporting type. They're such close friends and it's adorable. If these rumors happen to be true (the reporters is just basically quoting a lot of opinions among neitzens about LDW&SJH) I will definitely support. 

But what makes me sad is that a celebrity has to subject to limited friends due to rumors. If a male celebrity speaks or smiles a little to female, automatically a ship begins and people just assume they're dating?? 

Most male/female friendships don't share their hangouts bc they're afraid of just that. I hope this doesn't happen to SJH. I love that she's a very private person, we don't see much of her outside of shows/dramas unless she posts rare selfies. I hate rumors w/o real concrete evidence mainly due to what it could do to a friendship.

• Like 3

@mary-ann

Thanks for posting the English translation. So there are mixed opinions regarding Song Ji Hyo and Lee Dong Wook's closeness. As for me, I really think they are close friends, but not sure if anything romantic might develop between them.

@joyspartace_stv

I agree with you. It's okay to ship, but not to the point of creating baseless rumors and spread it on social media. In the case of Ji Hyo, seems like she has more male celebrity friends than female that's why people ship her with lots of guys. 

• Like 2

I hope SJH will star in a new drama soon. I have just become a fan recently, but to be honest, this is the first time I fangirl over someone that hard.

I was really sad when RM announced its ending, especially saw her hurting eyes throughout the last few episodes. I have always get the feelings that RM means A LOT to SJH, compared to other members. I am an introvert myself, and I know introvert have only small inner circle, but each person and thing they value are the world to them. That makes it even sadder.

While I am more glad that RM will not end, I am sad of the way they and some audiences treat JH. As someone who watch RM episodes in just a short time, it hurts me when I clearly see the different treatments for JH over the regimes of PD. One can criticise her for being quiet, but for me they did not even give her a chance. She has never been talkative, but her appearance in RM was extremely pleasant and exciting for viewer. Then she got cut out, and people keep saying that because she did not do things for screen time. 

It may be Korean taste, but I do not get the hate for someone not trying to steal screen time. Isn't it make the person even better? Why do an hour full of screen time stealing interesting (and it is not, bcoz the rating drop significantly in recent years, when RM become a platform for those activities and guest promotion)? Ji Hyo did try hard in games, but not in the way that will step in others' screen time, and it was enough to maintain the competitive spirit of the game.That is why I do not get it when she keeps getting cut out of the episodes (esp in 2015 and 2016) despite her/her team finish first in many games. Maybe she is not good with banter, but I think her charm lie in her sincerity and maturity. 

Besides, one things that annoy me to no end is when the views complain about JH getting special treatment just because she is girl. Hell, it is REALLY HARD for a girl to be in these outdoor activities among men, and in this case the girl is an actress. Even without the physical part, being under the sun , mud.. is already something not so many girls can endure. Besides, I know it is quite ... sensitive, but girls do have certain days that they are not comfortable - sighed.. Yet people still think that her small advantage is too much. Besides, it is not even her fault. And all the female guests so far receive advantage. 

For that, I really hope that RM will stop under-appreciate JH. If not, it is a good thing for JH to move on. She deserves better treatment. Plus, despite what others say, I really like her acting. It may not extremely awesome, but it certainly have some depth that others do not possess.

P.S : Another one I feel sorry for is JSJ, he is funny, and never really try that hard to obtain screen time (while I do believe he can if he wants to), and sadly he got poor treatment as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, coffeecoffee said:

I was really sad when RM announced its ending, especially saw her hurting eyes throughout the last few episodes. I have always get the feelings that RM means A LOT to SJH, compared to other members. I am an introvert myself, and I know introvert have only small inner circle, but each person and thing they value are the world to them. That makes it even sadder.

While I am more glad that RM will not end, I am sad of the way they and some audiences treat JH. As someone who watch RM episodes in just a short time, it hurts me when I clearly see the different treatments for JH over the regimes of PD. One can criticise her for being quiet, but for me they did not even give her a chance. She has never been talkative, but her appearance in RM was extremely pleasant and exciting for viewer. Then she got cut out, and people keep saying that because she did not do things for screen time. 

It may be Korean taste, but I do not get the hate for someone not trying to steal screen time. Isn't it make the person even better? Why do an hour full of screen time stealing interesting (and it is not, bcoz the rating drop significantly in recent years, when RM become a platform for those activities and guest promotion)? Ji Hyo did try hard in games, but not in the way that will step in others' screen time, and it was enough to maintain the competitive spirit of the game.That is why I do not get it when she keeps getting cut out of the episodes (esp in 2015 and 2016) despite her/her team finish first in many games. Maybe she is not good with banter, but I think her charm lie in her sincerity and maturity. 

Besides, one things that annoy me to no end is when the views complain about JH getting special treatment just because she is girl. Hell, it is REALLY HARD for a girl to be in these outdoor activities among men, and in this case the girl is an actress. Even without the physical part, being under the sun , mud.. is already something not so many girls can endure. Besides, I know it is quite ... sensitive, but girls do have certain days that they are not comfortable - sighed.. Yet people still think that her small advantage is too much. Besides, it is not even her fault. And all the female guests so far receive advantage. 

For that, I really hope that RM will stop under-appreciate JH. If not, it is a good thing for JH to move on. She deserves better treatment. Plus, despite what others say, I really like her acting. It may not extremely awesome, but it certainly have some depth that others do not possess.

P.S : Another one I feel sorry for is JSJ, he is funny, and never really try that hard to obtain screen time (while I do believe he can if he wants to), and sadly he got poor treatment as well.

Welcome to the club heh, we are all eagerly waiting for her next drama and modeling photoshoot, and i like you wish she would reduce the number of variety shows and instead do more dramas, she is such a beautiful and talented actress and model, despite loving her as a variety star too, i love her even more as an actress and model, her acting performance is always raw, real and with soo much depth and her modeling photoshoot always mindbobling beautiful showcasing what a rare beauty she is, and that she is born to stand in front of the camera!

• Like 2

@coffeecoffee

"but to be honest, this is the first time I fangirl over someone that hard."

So do I, and I agree with everything you said. xD

It's sad that the RM is not the same anymore, I do not think it's Ji Hyo's fault either, maybe a little now she's gotten so used to not having screentime that she does not try that harder. I also agree that suk jin is naturally funny. I love him.
But I think members with the biggest screentime (like Jae suk and Kwang soo) also do not do it with bad intentions, since the show has a low audience now, they try very hard to make everything funnier and ends up getting forced, and only they appear, I preferred when everyone was more natural, real, without forcing a character very much, that way we could see more of the interactions between the members and it was more fun (at least for me, but maybe there are people, like the new PDs, who like the kind of comedy they're bringing now).

Is a bit sad, although I also think that RM means a lot to her, I also think it might be time for something different. I'm happy with her new show. I hope more shows and more dramas this year. It's time to make new contacts, she spent 7 years with these same people ... I agree that she is introverted, but she knows how to make friends too, like David belle for example, how not to conquer people with such a cute personality that she has? <3 hope she can show it to more people.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pinsc said:

@coffeecoffee

But I think members with the biggest screentime (like Jae suk and Kwang soo) also do not do it with bad intentions, since the show has a low audience now, they try very hard to make everything funnier and ends up getting forced, and only they appear, I preferred when everyone was more natural, real, without forcing a character very much, that way we could see more of the interactions between the members and it was more fun (at least for me, but maybe there are people, like the new PDs, who like the kind of comedy they're bringing now).

Thanks guys for welcoming me. And please don't get me wrong, I love all the members, especially JS and KS are someone who have taken care of Ji Hyo ever since the beginning. They all tried their best, and I do not think they are being selfish by any means. I just wish that the editing has not gone this direction, it should have just stayed like from ep 1-150 : a relatively fair distribution among them and guests. It worked back then, because of the natural chemistry between members who had unique characteristics. If people are looking for ""gag"" and ""bantering"", there are many other options out there. Sadly...

And I agree that it is good for her to try something different. But RM is a good base for her in this transition, because I dont think she would participate in any drama soon for the next 2-3 months (it seems like actress in Korea only join Drama once a year). and the beauty show is only for 10 episodes for now, besides that I really wish RM would be her last variety show, since it really damage one''s acting career. It does damage to KS career as an actor too (It was a fortune to them, but acting career wise it does not help that much).

(The making friend part reminds me of an episode when JH only invited 1. I felt so bad, I even read some comments making fun of her for that. The way it showed on screen made her look like a loner, while in fact it does not mean much. SJH does not open up easily, so quantity-wise is not definite the strength of her social group. But people like that tend to be extremely loyal, and have close but small inner group. Besides, she did not lie to her friend at all, that made me respect her even more. )

Wish I can see her in another role that is as deep as ""My wife is having an affair"", she is so good in that one. Her eyes convey emotion very well, she just need a suitable script, and a chance. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, coffeecoffee said:

But, ye ji won is already in another drama now T.T and I forgot to say too, welcome ^^

And I agree, I was happy that at least we can still see her every week, but, I think RM leaves her too tired to focus on other things sometimes, and I honestly can not watch with the same enthusiasm, I try but all the rest seems boring, I end up just looking and jumping from parts to parts, looking for when she appears. And Ji hyo looks so tired recently, I think she's got too skinny, does not look very healthy :(

I remember feeling bad for her too. But I did not know that they were making fun of her, you say the Korean comments? I also remember an episode that they needed invite a friend, and her friend (who had the baby) was more talking about herself, I felt bad because she did not look like a very nice friend.

In her special she said to Haha "Oppa, I'm a very lacking person ...." something like that, and that she tries to become friends, but even so, he stayed with her for those 7 years... I think Haha is really a good friend, I'm really happy about it <3

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pinsc said:

But, ye ji won is already in another drama now T.T and I forgot to say too, welcome ^^

And I agree, I was happy that at least we can still see her every week, but, I think RM leaves her too tired to focus on other things sometimes, and I honestly can not watch with the same enthusiasm, I try but all the rest seems boring, I end up just looking and jumping from parts to parts, looking for when she appears. And Ji hyo looks so tired recently, I think she's got too skinny, does not look very healthy :(

I remember feeling bad for her too. But I did not know that they were making fun of her, you say the Korean comments? I also remember an episode that they needed invite a friend, and her friend (who had the baby) was more talking about herself, I felt bad because she did not look like a very nice friend.

In her special she said to Haha "Oppa, I'm a very lacking person ...." something like that, and that she tries to become friends, but even so, he stayed with her for those 7 years... I think Haha is really a good friend, I'm really happy about it <3

There will always be some salty comments, from salty people, also I think the reason JH invited that "friend" was because she wanted to try to keep her private life private, you could clearly see the girl she called was not someone she kept in contact with for a long time, she didn't even know that the friend had gotten a child. I think Song Ji Hyo has alot of Male friends, and with the curious netizens, she didn't want them to misunderstand her relationship with her male friends, so she couldn't invite them!

• Like 4

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/kim-jong-kook-convinced-the-members-of-running-man-to-continue

I knew that Ji Hyo had been convinced by the members :(
I did not find that very cool. Is not fair with her. I wish she had left. and this PDs words "quite upset" its so annoying...

They said it was for the fans, but as a fan, I don't mind this show anymore. A show that she barely shows up now...
I've seen a lot more of her in 12 episodes of WGM with chenbolin than in years of that show.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pinsc said:

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/kim-jong-kook-convinced-the-members-of-running-man-to-continue

I knew that Ji Hyo had been convinced by the members :(
I did not find that very cool. Is not fair with her. I wish she had left. and this PDs words "quite upset" its so annoying...

They said it was for the fans, but as a fan, I don't mind this show anymore. A show that she barely shows up now...
I've seen a lot more of her in 12 episodes of WGM with chenbolin than in years of that show.

I feel the same, I think it's time for SJH to take new path's, I really really want to see her do more then just one or two dramas a year, and with all these variety shows she is hosting she won't be able to do that, she is far to talented as an actress and model to focus on variety shows, she is kinda wasting her talents on it, and i agree she does look very skinny and tired recently which suggest that it's a very hectic schedule

• Like 3

On the bright side, we can take this as the relationship between JH and SBS is getting better. I was worried when I read firm statement from her agency regarding SBS, I mean, after all SBS is still a big name. Besides, the agency is a start-up company, which has not gained much power yet.

I imagine her dramas such as EC and My Wife... would be much more popular if it was aired in Free-To-Air channel, not just cable. One more thing I am wondering is that how come SJH did not get many projects with big channels in the past - is it because of her old agency?

She broke up with the CEO around 2013, and during 2013/2014/2015 she only got 2 big drama projects - Emergency Couple, both with cable TV. It turned out to be good, but it was so odd that she received few offers from big channels during her prime time with RM. RM schedule can be hectic, but still, CJeS has SJH as one of their biggest actors/actresses power, it was suspicious that they were not just active enough for her acting career.

• Like 2