Eric's writing on the waggon is nice!!  OK, I'll stop the Eric spazz fest :P 

tumblr_inline_of18k7b8u81qcufwd_400.jpg

161014 ‘THREE MEALS A DAY’ - SHINHWA’S ERIC: “ERICAR MEANS ERIC’S CAR… IT’S ALSO MY ELDEST SISTER’S NAME TOO”

Three Meals A DayEric mentioned about the 3 wheeler wagon “Ericar” he drove in Deukryang-do.

Eric who was present at the tvN’s new variety show ‘Three Meals A Day - Fishing Village 3’ press conference held on October 13th afternoon, got a question about ‘Ericar’.  

Eric said “It’s Ericar because it’s Eric’s car but it’s my eldest sister’s name  too. I haven’t seen her for a while but I see her name in Deukryang-do” (Note: Eric’s eldest sister is Erica, which sounds like “Ericar”.  Noona got a shout-out :))

tumblr_inline_of170zkNWa1qcufwd_500.jpg

He said about the Ericar’s use “When hyung (Lee Seojin) goes to the field and maknae (Yoon Gyunsang) goes fishing, I did only pick ups. I was usually at home”, he explained

Eric continued “It was my first time driving the 3 wheeled car but I like it. Back seat is bad because it’s unpaved road, cornering is not good either. So I think I have to get myself a sitting cushion next time.

Also about the bright smile of Yoon Gyunsang and Lee Seojin on the "Ericar", Eric said “You laugh when you are dumbfounded. It’s that smile you caught”, made the crowd laugh.

‘Three Meals A Day’ is an outdoor variety program making ‘a meal’ which you can get easily get in the city but getting it in the hardest way possible in fishing village. On season 3, Lee Seojin, Eric and Yoon Gyunsang will be living the fishing village life in Jeonla-namdo Goheung, Deukryang-do. It’ll premiere on Octhober 14th, at 9:15 pm

Source: MBN Star + Translation by EricMun.tumblr

• Like 2

161012 A 13 MILLION USD WORTH GOLF CASUAL BRAND + “ROCO KING HAS COME” SHINHWA’S ERIC AUTOGRAPH EVENT WAS SUCCESSFUL

tumblr_inline_of0nxgVCtz1qcufwd_1280.jpg

CJ OhShopping is exclusively launching the work of famous graffiti artist ‘Jean Michel Basquiat’ into a golf casual clothing line.

On October 12th, CJ OhShopping revealed that they made a license contract with Jean Michel Basquiat Foundation to feature selected Basquiat’s works into their products for every season as a theme.

CJ OhShopping has had 6 golf casual brands since last year, but this is the first time for them to put famous artists’ work into their products. CJ OhShopping has set their goal for Basquiat golf ware to make 13 million USD annually. They selected singer and actor ‘Eric’ to be the brand model.

Represented by CJ OHshopping, ‘Jean Michel Basquiat’ threw an autograph event in AK Plaza Suwon on October 11th to celebrate Eric being selected to be their brand’s model. And it was successful.

tumblr_inline_of0nu0sXDY1qcufwd_1280.jpg

It was packed with fans. Roco King, Eric, greeted them with his unique smiles. He was styled with grey color knit zip-up, black pants, and sneakers, making the ladies gasp.

A spoke person for Jean Michel Basquiat said, “Thanks for all the support to celebrate our brand launching and model selection

‘Jean Michel Basquiat’ will be exclusively sold on CJ OhShopping and will be introduced by CJ malls and catalogues. At CJ OhShopping’s offline ‘Style on Air’ stores in Suwon AK Plaza, Yeoju Premium Outlet, you can get ‘Jean Michel Basquiat’s accessories such as caddie bag, boston bag, drive cover.

Cho Ilhyun from CJ OhShopping Fashion department said “It’s our strategy to differentiate CJ OhShopping from others by launching ‘Jean Michel Basquiat’ golf casual brand since it’s been a trend to collaborate with famous artists for clothing and accessories. It’s our plan to make ‘Jean Michel Basquiat’ to make 13 million USD in sales annually, making the brand as premium golf casual brand.

tumblr_inline_of0nuuAA9n1qcufwd_1280.jpg

Source: EBN, News1 + Translation by EricMun.tumblr

Eric for Jean Michel Basquiat is on Naver's header!

Cuu-XICVUAA1bKt.jpg:large

screencap by mozu

• Like 1

Eric Does Not Smell Something Burning, Nails His 1st Meal On “Three Meals A Day”

Shinhwa Eric

Cable channel tvN aired the first episode of “Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village Edition 3” on October 14.

During the episode, newcomer Eric of Shinhwa prepares the cast’s first meal in Deuk Ryang island, and he impresses with his cooking skills as he makes gamja soo je bi (potato dough soup) from scratch.

Shinhwa Eric

Shinhwa Eric 2

So no, Eric does not smell something burning and finishes making his soup without any mishaps (We couldn’t help ourselves).

Three Meals a Day

Eric feeds the cast members, who take turns complimenting his cooking. “It’s good,” Lee Seo Jin says. “It’s yummy, seriously,” Yoon Kyun Sang adds.

PD (producing director) Na Young Suk straight up takes the entire pot and grubs using the serving ladle.

Three Meals a Day2

Source (1) (2soompi

• Like 2

So... I watched first episode of Three Meals and kinda get what kinda concept actually Na PD wants. He wants to see a strong team work that can survive in a certain condition. That's why he gives the groups different kinda conditions. No TV, no refrigerator or other important facilities only farm, motor bike, boat and small aquarium that they have to use to survive in that isolated place.

To survive, they should use their brain of how to be able to cook with whatever provided, divide works and  strong bonding. 

I know Eric is good in cooking but I surprise of how smart he is to use everything available to be used in their condition. He might be seen slow but we saw how he actually observe every conditions at first he arrived there. He take a look what available and what is not available and started to use whatever they provided. And he is so detailed about everything either cooking or fishing and even give some loves to the maknae, Kyun Sang that seems so lost. He doesn't show strange face though Kyun Sang asked so many things to him and he taking care his hyung well and cook sincerely for them. he cooked pretty many food from the available source. I think, I can say that Eric could really survive everywhere we put him because he knows what he's going to do with that strange place. I'm sure he did nature travels a lot from how easy he understand the island field. 

I'm so pride that he can do everything. From cooking, fishing, washing the dishes, provide woods for fire, even as human transporter for them.

Kyun Sang, such a giant baby. A cute and very diligent dongsaeng and asked to give him works more lol... How cute when he waited for Eric picking something left at home and said "Hyung, I was waiting for you. No one knows what to do it"....And Eric just gave fatherly smile to him. It is funny how he seems a bit afraid to Seo Jin and always tailing Eric arounds....hahaha...

Seo Jinnie... He's not that scary that I thought. He actually alpha male character. Very strong minded and doesn't like people to disobey him but actually what he asked to do it actually for their beneifit. It was sweet that he offered to wash the dishes since the dongsaengs already make food. I can see he adores Eric a lot. He doesn't reject everytime Eric hug him or doing such an aegyo thing. He's a bit strict to Kyun Sang but I'm sure they will be closer later on. 

I love the trio chemistry. They really reminds me Song triplets. Daehan is more likely Seo Jin. Eric, Minguk and Kyun Sang, Mansae. Minguk and Mansae is closer each other and like to play together just like Eric-Kyun Sang. But all hyungs really protect the giant baby a lot XD

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, nessanonejja said:

I trying to find the full episode but I cant found it. Do you know its link.. I really need that. Its really okay even just raw, need vitamin right now. And by the are @PutriSalju from Indonesia? 

They have the raw file on AsianTorrents (= Avistaz) ;)

And thanks to FishingSubTeam... we'll get English subs this time around :D

• Like 1

the show really hit big time numbers... and I personally super loved it... and reading @PutriSalju thought on it as a first time watcher of the show at what are your guys first impression@Phi @joyue_1 @innasalvatore @nessanonejja

LSJ was pretty chill in this season, and I do think this version seems the easiest on the first day as compared to other version... this time around, I think Eric and YKS are pretty much prepared and informed of the show... thus the mat-hyung was less grumpy and bossy that he usually is.. Na PD got him dongsaengs that pretty much all he needs to live quite comfortably in this season, the food and the work....

MEDIA VIDEO COVERAGE of  3MAD Fishing 3 Press Conference

credit TongTongtv
FULL VIDEO 3MAD Press Conference  
[duration 57:13]

Q&A portion
[duration 9:42 & 40:29]

credit FocusNews

FULL COVERAGE  [ duration 60:19]

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

So... I watched first episode of Three Meals and kinda get what kinda concept actually Na PD wants. He wants to see a strong team work that can survive in a certain condition. That's why he gives the groups different kinda conditions. No TV, no refrigerator or other important facilities only farm, motor bike, boat and small aquarium that they have to use to survive in that isolated place.

To survive, they should use their brain of how to be able to cook with whatever provided, divide works and  strong bonding. 

I know Eric is good in cooking but I surprise of how smart he is to use everything available to be used in their condition. He might be seen slow but we saw how he actually observe every conditions at first he arrived there. He take a look what available and what is not available and started to use whatever they provided. And he is so detailed about everything either cooking or fishing and even give some loves to the maknae, Kyun Sang that seems so lost. He doesn't show strange face though Kyun Sang asked so many things to him and he taking care his hyung well and cook sincerely for them. he cooked pretty many food from the available source. I think, I can say that Eric could really survive everywhere we put him because he knows what he's going to do with that strange place. I'm sure he did nature travels a lot from how easy he understand the island field. 

I'm so pride that he can do everything. From cooking, fishing, washing the dishes, provide woods for fire, even as human transporter for them.

Kyun Sang, such a giant baby. A cute and very diligent dongsaeng and asked to give him works more lol... How cute when he waited for Eric picking something left at home and said "Hyung, I was waiting for you. No one knows what to do it"....And Eric just gave fatherly smile to him. It is funny how he seems a bit afraid to Seo Jin and always tailing Eric arounds....hahaha...

Seo Jinnie... He's not that scary that I thought. He actually alpha male character. Very strong minded and doesn't like people to disobey him but actually what he asked to do it actually for their beneifit. It was sweet that he offered to wash the dishes since the dongsaengs already make food. I can see he adores Eric a lot. He doesn't reject everytime Eric hug him or doing such an aegyo thing. He's a bit strict to Kyun Sang but I'm sure they will be closer later on. 

I love the trio chemistry. They really reminds me Song triplets. Daehan is more likely Seo Jin. Eric, Minguk and Kyun Sang, Mansae. Minguk and Mansae is closer each other and like to play together just like Eric-Kyun Sang. But all hyungs really protect the giant baby a lot XD

Na PD actually really wants LSJ to suffer hahaha... that's why the conditions he gets are always worse than Chajumma's team. One of LSJ's biggest charms is that though he constantly complains, he still does it no matter what... and that's what's endearing about him. 

Eric is amazing in the first episode and he really surprised everyone on set. I think he shows a totally different side to him where he really thinks things through, plans it in his head, and does it without complaints. He's also very mindful of others' feelings... he even takes care of LSJ's feelings - when LSJ was feeling a bit sad that he doesn't have a good team member like how Eric and YKS have become, and Eric said, "Hyung actually does way more work than they showed it on TV", then LSJ jumped at the chance and was like, "coz they edited everything out!" Eric: "That's right... everyone thinks you do nothing" LSJ: "People don't know... coz they edited everything out!" You can tell LSJ felt so much better and felt understood finally... hehehe :lol:
The background music in this scene is - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" hahahahaha... Na PD is a musical genius!... as always.

And yes... LSJ is MUCH MORE tolerant with Eric... he might not like the cutesy stuff but at least he doesn't stop him like he usually does with the others. It kinda reminds me of his relationship with Lee Seung Gi ;)

• Like 3

Yup...I'm from Indonesia^^

Oh, I don't know Na PD wants LSJ to suffer alot because from what I see, Lee Seo Jin actually very smart guy with principle lol...He doesn't like wishy washy words, very honest but he knows when he'll take the lead and when he'll let the dongsaeng enjoy their playing time. He reminds me of Eric's personality when he's with his member or his juniors.

Just like he said, Eric and Kyun Sang has good chemistry and when the dongsaeng busy to admire the crabs in aquarium...(lol)...he was busy for doing something else (sweeping something near the fire wood, but the caption wrote NO INTEREST lol). I think he just doesn't want to disturb his dongsaeng happiness. Same just like how he shout "don't do that" when Eric-Kyun Sang played Jack n Rose in the boat (hahaha...).

Seo Jin was pretty close with Eric during Bulsae and Eric told it was Seo Jin who taught him many things during his early debut as an actor. So, I think they both adore each other. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, czakhareina1 said:

the show really hit big time numbers... and I personally super loved it... and reading @PutriSalju thought on it as a first time watcher of the show at what are your guys first impression@Phi @joyue_1 @innasalvatore @nessanonejja

LSJ was pretty chill in this season, and I do think this version seems the easiest on the first day as compared to other version... this time around, I think Eric and YKS are pretty much prepared and informed of the show... thus the mat-hyung was less grumpy and bossy that he usually is.. Na PD got him dongsaengs that pretty much all he needs to live quite comfortably in this season, the food and the work....

I just finished watching the Chinese subbed version, so I can finally weigh in on my two cents...

I love this first episode! I have watched the previous two Farm Village seasons numerous of times, and also the previous Fishing Village seasons (though for some reason I never really got into the Chajumma's team)... this is by far, the best... and I hope I'm not jinxing it!

The chemistry in this first season is impeccable... and I think a lot of it is because of the relationship that Mr Dimple already has with Jung Hyukie. I mean, LSJ was good with Taecyeon in the first two seasons, but it didn't come as naturally, because you could really feel that gap between the two (even though they were brought together because they were in the same drama together) - maybe it's age, maybe it's seniority. And then with Kim Kwang Kyu added in in the second season, it didn't help one bit either... so at the end they had to rely on the guests.
(On that note - I think Na PD knows LSJ really well in the sense that he really can't put LSJ together with someone he's totally new with because he's even more shy and elusive with strangers than Jung Hyukie)
Whereas with Jung Hyukie, LSJ feels much more at ease and his affection towards Jung Hyukie is no joke... like they're equals, yet at the same time, Jung Hyukie gives LSJ the right amount of respect and aegyo which LSJ cannot resist - so LSJ doesn't boss Jung Hyukie around like he does with Taecyeon, but instead, he goes into his supporting role function... like building the brick stove, starting the fire, cooking the rice, peeling the potato, washing the dishes... knowing full well and rest assured that Jung Hyukie will take care of the rest. YET, though LSJ acts like he's just sitting around, not really caring all that much... he's also paying attention to what YKS does, and when he spots that maybe YKS would not be able to do it, he steps in... for example, when YKS is hesitant with grabbing the crabs from the tank with his rubber gloved hands... LSJ steps in and does it for him with a pair of tongs.

But our dear Jung Hyukie is really the one who carries this episode... because he is also able to create a camaraderie with YKS in such a short time (and given his shy character), who's new to not only this dynamic, but to a variety show setting... and I guess that could be the reason why YKS brought his kitties to the island too (so @czakhareina1 it turns out Na PD didn't kidnap them hahaha but YKS brought them along). Anyways, as I mentioned in my previous post, Jung Hyukie really shows that he's such a caring individual... he's always paying attention to the others though he doesn't seem like it. He's so patient with YKS' constant questions, and he also really takes the time to teach him what to do, how to do it etc so YKS could feel more at ease... he even suggests YKS to dry the dishes seeing that he's so uneasy with nothing to do... WHILE caring about LSJ's feelings as well... because LSJ is really often misunderstood! It is amazing to see that! 

The newness, freshness, and constant curiosity of YKS is exactly what's needed for this season - because if we only had Mr Dimple and Jung Hyukie, then it might not work as well since they are quite similar in the sense that they're not exactly the most open and talkative type... so they really need a newbie in the equation so there's someone who's "dependent" on them and to make it more interesting. 

I'm very impressed so far... and I think Na PD would probably think so, as I have a feeling this even surpasses what he was expecting out of these three. I actually wonder if they would invite any guests this time around... maybe they don't need to, just like how they didn't with Chajumma's team this past season. I feel like there's still so much more to explore with these three... the guests might actually ruin this dynamic, and will be even more stressful for these three.

And then the two kitties... it's so heartwarming to see how quickly LSJ got attached to Kkoong (such a perfect name by the way coz my heart also melts whenever I see him)... I think that is the unexpected hook to bring out the really soft side of LSJ because he does have it... much like whenever you see him with his niece, you then realize what a good husband and father he also could be! :wub:

• Like 2

Some bit & pieces from 1st episode of 3MAD - S3 last night

LSJ: Who are (the new casts)? They're not close with me, right?
PD Na: Who is close with you!?!? LOL

Cux6LPkUIAEwXEh.jpg

Eric: This is really unbelievable~
Producer: You're really handsome
Eric: ()

Cux60CzVUAA2H4s.jpg

Cux60ezUEAEomuF.png

PD Na: You just catch the cockroach like that!

Cux76L0UAAQECvF.jpg

Cux8NgPUIAEKUWw.jpg

Cux8OCVUMAAy8as.jpg

LSJ: On (Eric's) first day of filming (for Phoenix), for his first scene, he took 3, 4 hours to film it so the director...

Cux8nZPVYAIxD_G.jpg

Eric: (shyly) Is he (Kyunsang) the quiet kind?
PD Na: Don't ask me, ask him yourself!! LOL

Cux9I4NUkAEmQYF.jpg

Cux9JPsUkAALr68.jpg

Eric: Then, Hyung, are you going to be the one swimming?
LSJ: You should do that, why would I do it? YES PLS

Cux9jntVMAA5uGR.jpg

Cux9kJIUsAAk1B0.jpg

Eric:....... What do we do? Should..should we get off now? HAHA

Cux-V4kUsAAfyaV.png

Cux-WcvVYAAD5ET.png

"We..we..we will be alright, yeah?" the moment when all you can do is laugh hahahahaha

Cux--Q6VUAEAn9k.png

Eric: Kyunsang ah, let's make a picture. (does Titanic pose) aw, looks like they're no longer awkward! :)

Cux_9nHVMAAZrxw.png

guess he's no longer worried about Lee Seojin's driving skills so can focus on wiping his shades xd

CuyA47KVIAAIqrN.jpg

Eric lovingly(?) calls out "Nuna" at Ericar XDDD (Eric's eldest sister's name is Erica :))

CuyBaH9UAAAIu_C.png

LOL the three presents from the producers xDDDD

CuyCslnUsAEGNjo.png

Michael the abalone XDDDDD

CuyCdAYVYAA-opc.png

CuyDBwUUkAAQOQP.jpg

after pacing around and sighing for a while..
Eric: Shall we slice Michael?

CuyDnCPUsAA_CQE.jpg

How to make dough without getting your hands dirty and minimizing dish-washing

CuyE4KcUkAA_DH4.jpg

Eric's cooking tip 2: peeling(?) potato skin with the steel sponge.

CuyFur0VMAEu559.jpg

Eric: Kyunsang ah, you want to switch with me?
YKS: No, it's ok.
Eric: No, you need to go and find some zucchini

CuyHDmmUsAAmELQ.jpg

CuyHKBfVIAAJZmU.jpg

Eric's refusal to use more utensils than necessary causes PD Na to volunteer to do the dish washing HAHAHA :lol:

CuyJ0MIUMAAVYbQ.jpg

Eric: This (cutting the dough) is really fun ↘︎

CuyKhNbVMAEAelz.png

Kyunsang uses the three meals a day towel but Eric is using Another Miss Oh towel.

CuyK_9gUMAAWuNH.jpg

after a whole bunch of "will it be cold? what should we wear? do we need a cap? sun cream?" they came out looking the same.. haha

CuyNZgoVUAAPYqv.jpg

cr: malpabo

• Like 4

Hi... Greetings...  I am from Indonesia too... Just content being a silent reader of this thread... I am a new fans of Eric oppa, love him, got attracted to him cause of Another miss oh... Then fall in love with Shinhwa boys, hahaha... 

Can't wait to watch the subbed episode... Please do share the link (if it's already out)...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nessanonejja said:

I trying to find the full episode but I cant found it. Do you know its link.. I really need that. Its really okay even just raw, need vitamin right now. And by the are @PutriSalju from Indonesia? 

here's the raw episode in full

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lee79 said:

Hi... Greetings...  I am from Indonesia too... Just content being a silent reader of this thread... I am a new fans of Eric oppa, love him, got attracted to him cause of Another miss oh... Then fall in love with Shinhwa boys, hahaha... 

Can't wait to watch the subbed episode... Please do share the link (if it's already out)...

Hello!!  Nice to see you coming out of the lurker mode :)   For many it's often start with Actor Mun then moving on to Shinhwa :)   Hope you can also support them when they make a comeback next month.  I'm not sure if it's ok to post sub link here but I hope it will get subbed...

2 hours ago, joyue_1 said:

By the way... did anyone else notice that our Jung Hyukie is using the "Another Oh Hae Young" towel when he was cooking lunch? Hehehehe :P

bdf40b50-a62f-4dfc-8a11-078b2f8095b2_zps

yep, I notice the Oh Hae Young Again towel right away! hahahaha  I believe the towel and the t-shirt of the same color (Eric wore it at OHYA wrapped up party) are from Eric's fansite.

I can't find the towel at the moment but here's the fanmade t-shirt of the same color and design for the towel that was sent to the staffs at OHYA's presscon.

btw, how can Chinese sub out so fast???  hahaha I'm so freakin' envy!!! :)

http://cfile25.uf.tistory.com/original/2375D93D571F8EBC25386A

http://cfile27.uf.tistory.com/original/265B483D571F8EC114D2A9

Production staffs wore it  too  :)

http://cfile21.uf.tistory.com/original/2513344A57A134CF012745

cr: http://19790216.com/bbs/view.php?id=support&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=109

• Like 2

@joyue_1, @PutriSalju, @czakhareina1, love reading your thoughts on EP.01 of S3.  Watching it without sub and being the newbie to this show, I don't fully understand quite a lot of things.  But the main vibe, I feel exactly the same.

I don't know how LSJ was with other cast in the previous episode but I see he's more quiet this 1st episode. I guess I was expecting more grumbling from Seojinnie because how everyone said he was in previous seasons.  But then it's obvious that things seem to go quite calmly and he has 2 capable donsaeng.  Eric was so comfy and totally in his element.   Despite being quite impressed with his cooking, his prepping skills and improvising with whatever they had IS what impress me the most!!  He's like a walking Eric-pedia  lol

I also think LSJ doesn't quite connect with Kyunsang as he does with Eric probably because the age gap.  @joyue_1, the cats wasn't a surprise?  I thought he looked surprised when called into the room where the 2 cats were. :)   It's really a nice gesture for Kyunsang being the youngest and probably 1st time being thrown in such condition, something from home makes it more comfy for him.   Love the white cat is bonding with LSJ who isn't fond of pets before.

Sorry to cut short your post but gosh I agree with everything you had to say about uri Junghyukie!!!

3 hours ago, joyue_1 said:

Eric is amazing in the first episode and he really surprised everyone on set. I think he shows a totally different side to him where he really thinks things through, plans it in his head, and does it without complaints. He's also very mindful of others' feelings... he even takes care of LSJ's feelings - when LSJ was feeling a bit sad that he doesn't have a good team member like how Eric and YKS have become, and Eric said, "Hyung actually does way more work than they showed it on TV", then LSJ jumped at the chance and was like, "coz they edited everything out!" Eric: "That's right... everyone thinks you do nothing" LSJ: "People don't know... coz they edited everything out!" You can tell LSJ felt so much better and felt understood finally... hehehe :lol:

The background music in this scene is - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" hahahahaha... Na PD is a musical genius!... as always.

And yes... LSJ is MUCH MORE tolerant with Eric... he might not like the cutesy stuff but at least he doesn't stop him like he usually does with the others. It kinda reminds me of his relationship with Lee Seung Gi ;)

Exactly how I feel about Eric, not just on this show or for the camera but from other's words as well. He's often quiet but very observing and will give you the support when time calls.  Like you notice how Eric asked Kyunsang to dry the dishes after Seojinnie finished washing them when he saw Kyunsang is looking for things to do as he felt a bit uneasy with nothing to do.... and consoling Seojinnie about the editing part.  Eric doesn't shower sweet words but small, subtle things like that showing he cares & attentive about the people / his team.  It's not the in-your-face for the camera kinda care that makes it sweet.

Eric is like a friend that I'd love to have.  Very supportive and dependable!!

2 hours ago, joyue_1 said:

I just finished watched the Chinese subbed version, so I can finally weigh in on my two cents...

I love this first episode! I have watched the previous two Farm Village seasons numerous of times, and also the previous Fishing Village seasons (though for some reason I never really got into the Chajumma's team)... this is by far, the best... and I hope I'm not jinxing it!

The chemistry in this first season is impeccable... and I think a lot of it is because of the relationship that Mr Dimple already has with Jung Hyukie. I mean, LSJ was good with Taecyeon in the first two seasons, but it didn't come as naturally, because you could really feel that gap between the two (even though they were brought together because they were in the same drama together) - maybe it's age, maybe it's seniority. And then with Kim Kwang Kyu added in in the second season, it didn't help one bit either... so at the end they had to rely on the guests.
(On that note - I think Na PD knows LSJ really well in the sense that he really can't put LSJ together with someone he's totally new with because he's even more shy and elusive with strangers than Jung Hyukie)
Whereas with Jung Hyukie, LSJ feels much more at ease and his affection towards Jung Hyukie is no joke... like they're equals, yet at the same time, Jung Hyukie gives LSJ the right amount of respect and aegyo which LSJ cannot resist - so LSJ doesn't boss Jung Hyukie around like he does with Taecyeon, but instead, he goes into his supporting role function... like building the brick stove, starting the fire, cooking the rice, peeling the potato, washing the dishes... knowing full well and rest assured that Jung Hyukie will take care of the rest. YET, though LSJ acts like he's just sitting around, not really caring all that much... he's also paying attention to what YKS does, and when he spots that maybe YKS would not be able to do it, he steps in... for example, when YKS is hesitant with grabbing the crabs from the tank with his rubber gloved hands... LSJ steps in and does it for him with a pair of tongs.

But our dear Jung Hyukie is really the one who carries this episode... because he is also able to create a camaraderie with YKS in such a short time (and given his shy character), who's new to not only this dynamic, but to a variety show setting... and I guess that could be the reason why YKS brought his kitties to the island too (so @czakhareina1 it turns out Na PD didn't kidnap them hahaha but YKS brought them along). Anyways, as I mentioned in my previous post, Jung Hyukie really shows that he's such a caring individual... he's always paying attention to the others though he doesn't seem like it. He's so patient with YKS' constant questions, and he also really takes the time to teach him what to do, how to do it etc so YKS could feel more at ease... he even suggests YKS to dry the dishes seeing that he's so uneasy with nothing to do... WHILE caring about LSJ's feelings as well... because LSJ is really often misunderstood! It is amazing to see that! 

The newness, freshness, and constant curiosity of YKS is exactly what's needed for this season - because if we only had Mr Dimple and Jung Hyukie, then it might not work as well since they are quite similar in the sense that they're not exactly the most open and talkative type... so they really need a newbie in the equation so there's someone who's "dependent" on them and to make it more interesting. 

I'm very impressed so far... and I think Na PD would probably think so, as I have a feeling this even surpasses what he was expecting out of these three. I actually wonder if they would invite any guests this time around... maybe they don't need to, just like how they didn't with Chajumma's team this past season. I feel like there's still so much more to explore with these three... the guests might actually ruin this dynamic, and will be even more stressful for these three.

And then the two kitties... it's so heartwarming to see how quickly LSJ got attached to Kkoong (such a perfect name by the way coz my heart also melts whenever I see him)... I think that is the unexpected hook to bring out the really soft side of LSJ because he does have it... much like whenever you see him with his niece, you then realize what a good husband and father he also could be! :wub:

I didn't now much about Seojinnie but he's also shy with people he doesn't know well?  I guess Eric & LSJ are similar on that note, though I think Seojinnie is more chatty with people he doesn't know well than Eric.  I do think these 2 did have some contact after Firebird drama.  Not sure if you saw but I post before that at the presscon with Han Ji Min (who was Eric's leading lady in KSA) for their period drama, she teasingly complained that Seojin kept tapping her head and LSJ said he got a text from Eric asking him Seojinnie to do that for him lmao

Kyunsang really attached to Eric.  It's funny how he was happy seeing coming back to the pier and Eric can feel that too.  You see he cracked up seeing the excited Kyunsang... some how it reminds me a bit of the OHYA bts clip on the beach when Hyunjin was longing for Eric coming toward them hahaha

Do they explore the town they're in or just mainly about cooking and finding foods?  They should be returning to the same house or it's different for each filming?

I'd also like to see they explore the island abit aside from cooking and fishing? :)  How I wish to see they settling at night and if there's any small chat..

I wonder if next filming session Na PD would sake them up since them trio seem to get everything under control so effortlessly haha... It's nice and calm and I love the chemistry, especially the 1st episode when they're getting to be comfy with each other but some mishaps would make great laugh  :lol:

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Phi said:

yep, I notice the Oh Hae Young Again towel right away! hahahaha  I believe the towel and the t-shirt of the same color (Eric wore it at OHYA wrapped up party) are from Eric's fansite.

I can't find the towel at the moment but here's the fanmade t-shirt of the same color and design for the towel that was sent to the staffs at OHYA's presscon.

btw, how can Chinese sub out so fast???  hahaha I'm so freakin' envy!!! :)

Ahhhh... love it that he's really keeping and making use of what his fans made for him! :)

Apparently, my friend told me tvN partners up with this Chinese online portal site so they release the already subbed version of these shows the same time as they air in Korea! My Chinese ain't all that good (especially with simplified Chinese, which is what they use in China)... but enough for me to know what's going on hehehe ;)

For lunch, Eric kept thinking if the portion was big enough for 3 people... and he said "it's because I have never cooked for 3 before"... which makes me wonder if it's because he often cooks for 2... hmmmm :mellow:

Is it me?... or does Eric not look like the typical blood type B + Aquarius personality?

And am I the only one who thinks he looks way handsomer without his bangs covering his forehead, because his beautiful features are more prominent that way? :wub:

• Like 2