Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest lovemickytobits

Your teacher means the resonance in the voice is not there although the sound is? That problem occurs from many things, far too many to name, but one major one is imbalance of voice registers and the mixing of middle voice. Experimenting on notes till you get it right is what I recommend. Takes a while, but you know when you are improving or not. Experiment is your best friend in singing.

thanks for replying.

i've no idea. cuz she isn't my singing teacher, she said i have a powerful voice after hear me singing 'quietly' in the class. but then all my friends said there's something to do with my style and pronounciation.

and powerful voice doesnt equals to nice voice right? i think she's just trying to make me happy. *no no, i didnt ask her bout how's my voice* LOL and damn, it's kinda imbalance when i try to hit high notes like ' for the oneeee~~~ who i can runnnnnnn~~~ to' in christina aguilera - i turn to you. i really feel like tearing my throat out whenever i cant hit the notes. ><

gah, i talk a lot eyh? HAHAHAH. straight to the point, I WANT TO CHANGE MY VOICE. gah, i hate it. i wanna smoothen it and thickened it. ><

Guest nitesamba

hi fellow soompiers smile.gif

i wanna know if theres any tips for a guy who wants to sing. i cannot sing very well at all right now, but i at least want to sounds decent everytime i open my mouth. so is there any way possible to smooth my voice, or are you just born with singin talent? thinks for reading.

Guest cakesniffer

hmm... the easiest way you can learn how to harmonize is by trying to sing the third octave of the base note.. i dont know how to really explain this unless i show you.. but like if the key is Do then sing Mi get it? kind of ? Well im not a singer but i am a beatmaker/programmer recording asst. and thats what i see producers doing, they always say "sing the third" so .. I HOPE THAT HELPED...if you or anyone else has questions on recording or techniques i can help, well ill tell ya whatever i know

hmm.. i've tried doing that before though im not very good at it. do you know if i usually go 3 up or 3 down? im a girl btw if that helps. thanks though!

wat i might ask mya be a little stupid but bear with me .. with recording a song on the computer, i've heard some ppl leave the backing vocals/original in the bg.. i wonder how they do this, do they sing it along with the music on the comp or just from outside (and singin along with it)? the thing is i wanna record but i dunno how to, as in what program and stuff ..

Guest love<3changmin

how can i make my voice fade nicely or with a little vibratto?

when i sing til the high parts and wanted to stop it, i can only stop it abruptly.. it doesnt sound nice.. how do we make our voice fade and not just stop. i continue singing the high part n wanted to fade it by continue singing n hoping it will eventually fade nicely but i can only stop it 0_0~

and also im using a headset mic.. coz i only have that, comes with the pc..

i cant record high parts because it will bzzzz.. any suggestions on what mic to buy

Guest JunRi<3

Hi, does anyone know an effective way to improve/get your middle voice? It's like the voice between your deep diaphragm and high head voice. Some believe the bridge between those two voices don't exist, but there's gotta be something inbetween :sweatingbullets:. Generally a lot of high/strong parts of songs I like are done with the middle voice, but I can't reach that voice at all! I've taken tips from last time, but I really just can't hit those notes o.o. I either crack, strain, or just die during those parts ROFL. I've tried many approaches and practiced a lot, but I'm probably not doing something right x_x. Sooo, can anyone give me advice?

Guest PecanPie02

Hi guys.. I just suck at singing and I really want to get better

heres my problem

my low notes are not controlled...

my voice sounds nasalish especially going up high

how the heck do you "breathe with your stomach.." <-- even when my clarinet teacher tells me to use my stomach i feel like im doing it wrong...

how do i improve.. i want my voice to sound decent... does listening to music help...

(i recorded my voice with my mp3 and it sounded real BAD of course without any music in the background....)

PLEASE can someone help me~~~

Guest punkrocker2829

I have a question about recording with a shure microphone. it's a unidirectional dynamic microphone..

i'm having a problem how to set everything up. it comes with an xlr adapter but what am i supposed to do with it?? how do i record my songs and transfer it into my computer? PLEASE! I AM DESPERATE...

Guest kfr3sh

hmm.. i've tried doing that before though im not very good at it. do you know if i usually go 3 up or 3 down? im a girl btw if that helps. thanks though!

hmm.. usually you would sing 3 up but that really doesn't matter, its whatever sounds better... it really doesn't matter if you sing 3 down or up, do what works for you.. and theres a saying "if it sounds good, it is good" ....gotta catch the base note first of what your trying to harmonize and work on it.. im sure if you practice you will get better in time... :D

Guest kfr3sh

I have a question about recording with a shure microphone. it's a unidirectional dynamic microphone..

i'm having a problem how to set everything up. it comes with an xlr adapter but what am i supposed to do with it?? how do i record my songs and transfer it into my computer? PLEASE! I AM DESPERATE...

you would need a recording console, like an mbox. It will catch your analog sound and digitalize it into your computer using protools which comes with the mbox anyway. I suggest if you or anyone is really interested in recording yourself get one. Its industry standard for recording. you can make pro quality demos at home with it. once you have that , its so simple to set up, its usb connected so all you have to do is install, plug in and start recording..

Guest punkrocker2829

you would need a recording console, like an mbox. It will catch your analog sound and digitalize it into your computer using protools which comes with the mbox anyway. I suggest if you or anyone is really interested in recording yourself get one. Its industry standard for recording. you can make pro quality demos at home with it. once you have that , its so simple to set up, its usb connected so all you have to do is install, plug in and start recording..

thank you for replying... where can you purchase an mbox? can you buy them at any electronic store?

is it expensive?? i'm kinda poor....

Guest Scy91

i have a pretty deep voice but i still have a weak chest voice/lower register. is that possible? or am i singing with wrong technique.

Guest cindy-yang

Hi guys.. I just suck at singing and I really want to get better

heres my problem

my low notes are not controlled...

my voice sounds nasalish especially going up high

how the heck do you "breathe with your stomach.." <-- even when my clarinet teacher tells me to use my stomach i feel like im doing it wrong...

how do i improve.. i want my voice to sound decent... does listening to music help...

(i recorded my voice with my mp3 and it sounded real BAD of course without any music in the background....)

PLEASE can someone help me~~~

about the controlling your voice just practice

when they say breath with your stomach(diaphragm) it means that when your breath in your stomach expands out words (your shoulders shouldn't be moving)

to improve just keep singing (when i started singing again i STUNK but now i got a bit better ^^)

for wanting to reach higher notes sing a song that is a bit higher then your range and just practice till you can reach the notes

you should record with a mic instead of your mp3 player

Guest PecanPie02

^^ hhheeheh thanks for your help~~

Practice Practice Practice ^_______________^ ... okie ~~ thanks again~~

Guest kfr3sh

thank you for replying... where can you purchase an mbox? can you buy them at any electronic store?

is it expensive?? i'm kinda poor....

well you can go to digidesign.com, they are the creators of the mbox/protools system. I have a mbox 2, but they have lower models. I'm not sure exactly how much it is cause i got mine for free from school, but i'd say you should be looking around 300-400 dollars for the system, maybe cheaper for other models but, yea its not cheap. you can also get them at like music stores like sam ash or guitar center.

Guest lovemickytobits

i heard some people say that.. singing is just.. hmm, talking with melody? is that true? i dont know how to say, but someone told me.. use your voice to talk to sing? is that true?i heard some people say that.. singing is just.. hmm, talking with melody? is that true? i dont know how to say, but someone told me.. use your voice to talk to sing? is that true?

Guest jiyuhnn

im like incredibly tone death.. but people say i have a good voice .

grr. and i have like NO time for vocal lessons..

what to do ?!

Guest thesweetestkrn

Alright so here's my problem

I have a problem keeping pitch at times

i've tried, closing off your ear thing, i sing with my stomach, but still i'm slightly off

also .. another problem

i'm naturally loud .. when speaking and singing; it seems almost as if i'm yelling even i'm not

how do i ... soften my voice but still keep powerful?

understand what i'm asking?

o.O?

Guest babiepooh

here's my problem - i've been practicing mariah carey love takes time and evanessence my immortal. I can match the pitch and harmonize with the song but when i listen to my recording, there seem to be no feeling to it. I have tried putting feelings to it but it still doesnt sound like it. Any suggestions?