Want To Be Part Of My First Project?

Guest Solly

Guest poofie

I dont know if you still need more people doing the survey but i'll post my replies :]

001. From the scale 1-10, what rating would you give for your voice? I would give myself a four? Basicly because I have much more improvement to go ^^;

002. Besides singing, what other musical talent do you have? (Please state how many years you have learned) Uhmm I would have to say dancing and writing lyrics? If those two count that is xD uhmm i'd say ive been dancing for two years? and than writing lyrics uhmm. cant remember?

003. Besides playing an instrument or singing, have you written any lyrics or composed any songs? Ahaha yes i have many ^^ but the worse thing about it is not having any beat to it so you have to make a beat first xD

004. What type of genre of music would you like to sing if you were a singer? possibly a soul/r&b one or maybe a pop one?

005. Do you think you have the star quality look? (This does not mean "Do you think you're hot?") Im an average looking person ^^;

006. How much are you willing to give to a record company? 100% except that when making songs i want them to be MY songs i want the fans to know who i really am you know?

007. What makes YOU stand out most from the crowd? i like to communicate with people make them fit in ^^;

008. Give me four adjectives to describe yourself. Mysterious- random - Friendly - Compationate

009. If I were to give you a pencil, a sheet of paper, and a picture of yourself, what would you do with them? a mesage to the people listening to my music so i can communicate with them and not have them think that i take them for granted.

010. Most important question, how serious are you about music? I am very serious about it, i spend nights on end practicing. I can never live without music, If i dont get certain things right or feel helpless when singing etc. i brake down but than pull myself together and try even harder. I even have night mares from my last performances and it was a long time ago too. :] so yup that must show how serious i am about it.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 꿈DREAM

001. From the scale 1-10, what rating would you give for your voice?

I think my voice is like..a 5 rofl. >_< I think I sing pretty decent but I'm not really good.

002. Besides singing, what other musical talent do you have? (Please state how many years you have learned)

I used to play the flute for about 3 years.

003. Besides playing an instrument or singing, have you written any lyrics or composed any songs?

I've written lyrics, but..They are not good. T_T boohoo.

004. What type of genre of music would you like to sing if you were a singer?

Either Pop music or R&B.

005. Do you think you have the star quality look? (This does not mean "Do you think you're hot?")

No I'm too big. o.o;;

006. How much are you willing to give to a record company?

My all? lol.

007. What makes YOU stand out most from the crowd?

I wear red hot chilli pepper tye dye shirts and I don't like either. I have the weirdest sense of style, I'm naturally a quiet shy person. I guess the only thing that makes me stand out is my clothes. Other than that I've no special thing that makes me stand out.

008. Give me four adjectives to describe yourself.

crazy, nice, quiet, and fun

009. If I were to give you a pencil, a sheet of paper, and a picture of yourself, what would you do with them?

I'd write my favorite lyrics down, paste my picture on the paper, and decorate around me.

010. Most important question, how serious are you about music?

Music is my life, there is not a day that goes by that I don't sing. Even though music is my life it's just for fun right now.

Guest SweetsLove

Uhm... a 6

002. Besides singing, what other musical talent do you have? (Please state how many years you have learned)

Piano - 12 years // Flute - half a year

003. Besides playing an instrument or singing, have you written any lyrics or composed any songs?

Not really songs, but I do compose tiny little things here and there.

Pop + RnB

005. Do you think you have the star quality look? (This does not mean "Do you think you're hot?")

No.. LOL Not at all XD.. I'm only okay looking -_______-

My all =D

I'm loud and crazy XD

Crazy, Energetic, Friendly, Funny

009. If I were to give you a pencil, a sheet of paper, and a picture of yourself, what would you do with them?

I'd draw a picture of myself in anime form lol

Very. My career's going to based on music. Be it a teacher or something else, it's going to be music related.

Guest banggutbanggut3

001~

Umm....consider myself a 3 or 4.....when I hear myself I sound fine...but this person told me you don't sound what you hear....I recorded myself once on my mom's camera and I sounded almost the same as I heard...but maybe I was wrong...so since I don't know if I'm hearing things, I'd give myself just 3-4.

002~

Piano, since 1st grade (kind of old), Saxophone, a year and a half

003~

I've wriiten some lyrics...but I've never really gotten the song together..x_x

004~

R&B, maybe rap if I got better, and pop

005~

Uh..all the ujjumas at church say I've grown tall and pretty, but I think they're lying...all of the boys say I'm ugly, but then they're all jerks, so I don't know....

006~

I would give up a lot, but if my mom said no I'd probably have to listen to her... <_<

007~

Uh, not really anything but I'm kind of tall, and once you get to know me I'm pretty outgoing....and I never have really let out my feelings to anyone, not even a diary....and I'm currently learning Mandarin like my brother (Ge Ge), even though we're Korean and we speak Korean....but, wait that doesn't really count, does it? And I hate typing stuff like 'lol' for some reason...I'm weird...=D..Oh yeah, and I don't judje people of how they look..if a girl is fat, I don't automatically think, "Oh, she's fat." I just think that she's a girl. And if someone is acting like a fink, I know they are one, so yeah..my judgment is good (?!).

008~

Uh, I don't think this is applicant to me because I'll sound like a snob....

009~

Start drawing me, but then erase and fix up the places that I find myself ugly...

010~

I've always enjoyed music, and I' going to try my best until I'm 22, and then I'll just have it as a hobby in my mind...but I might go back on this and backtrack, so I don't know exactly...

d=)

Guest rache114

-to be honest, i don't really think i'm good^^ lol, so i'll give myself a 5

-none

-yehp^^!

-probably pop, cuz i know i can't sing anything else^^

-sure why not? i'm tall and skinny

-mainly just a little portion of my life

-i'm taller than most asian chicks, but not taller than the asian guys :sweatingbullets:

-i'm funny, goofy, nice, and sweet(only when i want to be)

-i would sketch and draw the pic...that seems fun^^!

-well if you were to ask me that a while back i would've said "very SERIOUS!"...but now i don't really think i want to actually be a singer, cuz there are so many people who are better than me at singing^^...so i guess i'm not very serious

Probably 6-8/10 . i don't think i'm AWESOME, but people have said that i have potential.

Not much. LOL. I can play a bit of the piano, but that's for fun. I've never taken lessons, but my friend told me I play well for someone that has never learnt before.

I've never composed any songs before (I think I attempted once, but that was for fun.. it was only for 3 seconds xD) but I'd love to, some day. I've been writing lyrics for 4 years now.. whenever I'm feeling down, or happy, I'll write a song about it..

R&B/Pop. ^^ Jang Ri In-type. ^^ But I really don't mind, just nothing extreme.

I don't think I'm drop dead gorgeous, or a total mess. Maybe I need to lose some flab, and that's about it.

My everything.

Hmm... If I wasn't so shy and afraid in front of others, I think I would say my "strong" voice.. I really do have that sort of singing voice like Jang Ri In, but I'm just shy in front of others, I can't hit it when I'm with them.

Determined, Dedicated, Hard-working (for something I WANT), Committed

I'd draw a music note next to the picture of myself, saying "Music's my life".

I'm quite serious about it. I'm willing to audition, but I'm afraid. I'd be VERY willing to audition if a representative from YG approached me and wanted to hear me sing. Like, personal encounters. LOL like that's ever going to happen.

But I don't know what my family would say. I don't think they would approve. But if I ever get a career in Korea, hopefully when I'm still young-ish, I would be willing to audition in Korea in YG. <3

I practice my singing almost every day for the past year of wanting to sing. I try to improve my lyrical talent when I can.

If I was ever accepted, I would work my butt off to prove to others that I CAN sing, and that I LOVE singing.

Guest dbskhwaiting

Ive just started taking vocal lessons, and the teacher said i had great pitch, and a sweet voice, so i think im a 4, because although i sometimes sound nice, my control is all over the place. :] Im improving though!! ^^

Ahem...please dont laugh at this.. i play the drumkit (is this even musical), ive learnt for about half a year, but i quit even though im still doing it at school band :]

Ive written lyrics, but because ive only done like a term of piano, i havent composed any songs worthy of mentioning yet, but ive tried.

Because ive got a somewhat soft and sweet voice, i think ballads, and not really pop songs, but ive mainly focused on slow songs so far, so i dont really know.. ^^

Im not sure.. Ive been called pretty... 0.o but not like grabbing you glamourous style. I have pretty big eyes and small lips, and this weird peachy head shape lolz.

Im only 13, so i probably wouldnt be able to travel, and my parents dont approve of me going into this area because they dont think ill make it in any market because im chinese/canto , i live in AUStralia, and my writing chinese skills are ZIP!! :] But being a singer is really my goal, and im going to give everything possible to become the best i can be <<cheesey ^^

I guess i do stand out, because im loud (speaking wise, not when i sing) and im really energetic hyper when im with my friends. at least this is wat my friends tell me. :]

Hyper, short, loud, and dramatic :]

I would try and draw my self, then give up and find something else to draw

IM very serious about it...but my parents ARNT and thats the whole problem.. :] I really want to become a singer, its like everytime i listen to music or watch someone perform, i find myself wishing it was me, standing on a stage performing... ]

OK lol thats my life... Hope you have success with the recording company!! ^^

Guest cassiopeia<3

I would give it a 7. I'm still not able to really hit the high notes when I want to.

I comes when I need it the least.

I guess my dancing is improving little by little.

No, but I have tried writing songs. I don't have much experience with writing the melodys though.

BALLADE! Of course. ^.^

I can't really answer.

Almost everything but a couple of things.

My determination and my love for music.

Don't really have a clue.

Write my audition letter and be ready for auditioning.

I'm so serious that I could kill somebody. I'M JUST KIDDING.

But I'm very serious about music.

Guest orangetree

001. From the scale 1-10, what rating would you give for your voice? honestly a 3

002. Besides singing, what other musical talent do you have? piano, flute, and dance

003. Besides playing an instrument or singing, have you written any lyrics or composed any songs? yes

004. What type of genre of music would you like to sing if you were a singer? ballad/electronic

005. Do you think you have the star quality look? it depends on what style your looking for

006. How much are you willing to give to a record company? a lot

007. What makes YOU stand out most from the crowd? personality

008. Give me four adjectives to describe yourself. individual, nostalgic, nice, and hard-worker

009. If I were to give you a pencil, a sheet of paper, and a picture of yourself, what would you do with them? i would draw eyes. because it usually tells what your true emotions are. it either tells the truth, fear, or just lies.

010. Most important question, how serious are you about music? more than enough.

i have a question. i am studying how to use MIDI technologies and i was wondering if i could help you produce your cousin's company. i already recieved a full scholorship to a a college that studies mass communications in New York. I am a Junior in highschool. I know that I have a 65% of becoming a star to peform. As I get older, my chances are becoming smaller. I have studied Dance and hardcore Music Theory.

-(edit)

if you are interested. my friend was accepted into the final auditions of an entertainment. He has not only been accepted for singing/dancing but also for acting. I could show you a picture of him. If he fails the final audition, your cousin can probably take him as a trainee? I have pictures of him if you would like to see.

Guest lilaznstar

i guess i would say 7-8-ish.

for the most part i only sing. I've done dancing here and there tho.

I haven't written lyrics or composed songs, but i've written poetry if that counts for anything.

i can sing a decent range of songs. pop, ballads, etc.

I'm not exactly sure how i should answer this. I read that you want us to sorta brag. Well everyone says I have really nice big eyes, so yeah. And I have distinct double-eyelids. LOL~and my friends say I have an hour-glass figure, although I'm not super skinny, i'm decently fit, from my perspective.

As much time as i possibly can.

My personality I guess. And I don't really follow clothing trends, I wear what I like.

Optimistic, Energetic, Determined, Artistic

I would most likely try to draw the picture. And draw other things on the paper as well.

Music is very important in my life. I'm very passionate about it. I'd probably go crazy without it. lol. I love music. Even my mom knows how important it is to me, so when I got in trouble she'd punish me by taking away my ipod and music. I'm always singing when I can, and I'm almost always listening to music. I'm practicing a lot so I can send in demos to places.

Guest kokoling

Use the word "develop" instead of "create" Solly. I know you don't mean harm by it, but I always feel really awful about any industry person saying the word "creation" towards another artist. It's sort of demeaning.

Guest Solly

caught up with the reading! [x

thanks everyone for taking

the survey. it is really helping

me understanding you guys.

by the way ling, i honestly think you

should have PMed me. your post

sounded offended to me. you've

pinched my self motivation. i don't

mean to sound rude, but i really

think it was necessary for you

to PM me rather than posting it

on my thread for a SURVEY.

that's right, i didn't mean any harm

in using that word. creating doesn't

necessarily mean changing someone

because he or she is from "scratch",

creating could also mean to make

someone become better of who they

are in order for them to reach for their

dream. develop may be a good word to

you, but to me, i don't think that is the

kind of word i would like to use. to you

it may sound demeaning, but to me,

i don't feel like i'm using it in any harm

like you have said. plus, i'm not even in

an industry. i may be later on, but right now,

i want to get to know others who have the same

love and dream for music from filling out this survey.

i know that your post didn't mean any harm,

but it did offend me.

Guest XIAHT!C

- a 7... im still shaky on the high notes, but im pretty sure i could get them out well soon enough.

- ermm, i've been playing the flute for 3 years now. i played piano for like a year and a half... haha

- i've tried, but i could never get them out on paper T_T

- pop/r&b

- i guess i'll say im OKAY looking. like, i'm not uber skinny nor am i an uber good singer, but i guess if you fix me up a bit and lose a bit of weight and practice a lot a lot on singing, i'll probably be the star quality look.

- we're supposed to pay record companies? hahaha well i dunno, as much as it takes me to really fulfil my dream to become a singer :]

- i'm absolutely a serious LOUD MOUTH. i'm really just a happy girl and i'm usually neverr sad or anything, and i'm really just serious about what i work on, including my singing. =]

- outgoing, loud, determined, strange x]

- i would doodle on the paper with the pencil, and the picture... well, i'd probably doodle on the back too. or maybe try to draw me :]

- hmm. how serious is a heart attack? how serious is a funeral?

THAT SERIOUS. wow, i think singing is everything to me! i could NEVER give it up, and i'm always always ALWAYS going to be reaching until i finally make the top! you`ll find me singing and dancing absolutely everywhere, and i'll always be recording myself, trying to improve. :] music is my lifeeeeee! <333333333

Guest lshluvr

Pwahaha! Right now, I'd rate it 5 XD I'm out of practice..it's terrible.

Piano definitely =D Started when I was like 2 years old and formally had lessons for like 7-ish or more years XD

Violin..it's just meh...but my friends have nicknamed me the "violin prodigy", but I don't believe that crap.

Haha! One of my very first song (that I still remember) is this song that I made up (lyrics and all) about Morgan Le Fay and those Magic Treehouse books XD Right now, I am writing English lyrics to Ayu's JEWEL =D

I would LIKE to sing R&B but if I can't, then I would choose ballads.

Honestly...I don't believe I do but some people seem to be smoking something and think I do :lol:

Whatever it takes to succeed.

Depends on the crowd =) Many people think of me as someone extremely shy but that is not true. I am actually pretty outgoing but it seems "hidden" because a lot of the time, I choose not to talk. The thing (<--My world studies teacher would kill me if I used that while talking or writing) that makes me stand out is emotion. I can get pretty emotional about a song :lol: I have even cried several times while singing a song because it was not only the tune but the lyrics. I have been through many difficulties in life and those are what comes out when I sing a sad song that I enjoy.

Emotional, kind, determined, and umm..you choose XD

I would put the picture on one side and in the back, I would draw what I would like to see myself doing when I am older.

Very serious. Ever since I was in 2nd grade, I knew that I wanted to be a singer ever since I opened my mouth to audition for the school play. I found that I really liked being in front of the class singing for my classmates and my teacher. I must have been singing a lot at home or something because one day (in 2nd grade), my dad bought me a microphone. He told me to hook it up to the stereo and sing XD And just hearing my voice coming out of the stereo...I was fascinated and was like, "Is that really me?" and I knew for sure singing was something I wanted to do. And the feeling was incredible.

Unfortunately, right now, my family is very unsupportive of my decision to be a singer in Korea (it took me A LOT of guts and praying to tell my parents) and are trying to discourage me and criticize me for my dream and telling me it's a phase or telling me I don't have what it takes. But with the help from 2 friends (you know who you are), I am slowly gaining the strength to have the ability to stand up for what I want because now, I am sick and tired of singing only when no one is home and having a craving for singing and not being able to satisfy it.

And because of these 2 friends, I am also gaining the courage to sing a little even if my family is home to show them that this is what I want. When I grow older, I really want to be able to sing in front of billions of people to my heart's content and replay the recorded video and think, "Is that really me?" instead of being something that makes my parents happy and wondering 'what if's.

• 3 months later...
Guest Reese!

Good luck with everything Solly~ Hope your trainee realizes that she's one lucky girl.

Wish you were taking in guys as well. -sweat- XD

Guest ginaaax3

Name: Gina

Link to your filled out survey: I'll fill it out again

Clip of your voice: soundclick.com/ginax3 (so far i've had bad microphone quality, but guess what? i'm getting a new microphone from my friend for a bet she lost. haha. so i'll get it around this week. so i'll record somethingg.)

Why do you want to do this? because singing is my life. i'm not gonna write a LONGG thing, i just want to say singing is something i love to do.

001. From the scale 1-10, what rating would you give for your voice? 7.5/10

002. Besides singing, what other musical talent do you have? piano for 6 years, clarinet for 3, and korean instrument (danso) for 1 year

003. Besides playing an instrument or singing, have you written any lyrics or composed any songs? i've written some lyrics in korean

004. What type of genre of music would you like to sing if you were a singer? r&b, pop, dance. but honestly, i'd actually isng anything because i just love singing in general, but a song that'd show my voice.

005. Do you think you have the star quality look? i used to think no, but after getting asked by two companies to become a cf model, i guess i do (not trying to sound conceited) because they were willing to put me on air without a long break. Also, maybe because I'm half blooded, people have been saying I'm pretty? Haha. No, not on Soompi but on the streets.

006. How much are you willing to give to a record company? As in money? Or as in how much I can put into it? I'm not sure money wise but if it's on how hard I work, 100%

007. What makes YOU stand out most from the crowd? I've heard that my voice is unique, and that is one reason I can stand out from the crowd. I've also heard my voice is a voice you don't get tired of, and it's mysterious, cause it sounds a bit different in everysong.

008. Give me four adjectives to describe yourself. Hardworking, devoted, focused, and passionate.

009. If I were to give you a pencil, a sheet of paper, and a picture of yourself, what would you do with them? I'd probably write up an audition form. lol. or even if it had my picture, i'd just keep the picture (haha), and write my own music.

010. Most important question, how serious are you about music? I'm really serious. Singing is my life, and I really want to become a singer. A lot of people are saying "No you can't." in my family but I want to show them I can, because I believe I can.

Guest Sakura Li

Good luck with all of this, Sol!! I actually had to go thru all of the pages and read everyone's comments before I decided that this probably isn't the best time for me to do something like this... but it's sure exciting and you know I support you 150%! ^^

Archived