Want To Be Part Of My First Project?

Guest Solly

Guest miss_xchunsah

001. From the scale 1-10, what rating would you give for your voice?

002. Besides singing, what other musical talent do you have? (Please state how many years you have learned)

003. Besides playing an instrument or singing, have you written any lyrics or composed any songs?

004. What type of genre of music would you like to sing if you were a singer?

005. Do you think you have the star quality look? (This does not mean "Do you think you're hot?")

006. How much are you willing to give to a record company?

007. What makes YOU stand out most from the crowd?

008. Give me four adjectives to describe yourself.

009. If I were to give you a pencil, a sheet of paper, and a picture of yourself, what would you do with them?

010. Most important question, how serious are you about music?

001-i would say... 7 or 8?

002-well, my dad's a musician.. so i had to learn quite a few instruments, but my main ones are piano and flute. i played piano since i was 5, but i'm not like OMG PROFFESIONAL! sort of good, and i've been playing the flute for about 4-5 years.

003-well i've written lyrics since i was about 12 (two years ago) ;but i usually forget the beat or never end up finishing the song >_< it's something i'm not that good at..

004-i'd say either.. balllad,r&b, or hip hop. i can rap too.

005-Truthfully.. no.. but i think i have a sort of cute look, not really hot.

006-I'm willing to give everything. i really wanted to be a singer since i was little, and i love singing..i've been wanting to be in a record company for a bit, even though im young xD i'm willing to give my absolute best, and work until i've reached my goal, and still then to work hard.

007-i'm the sort of person that's really nice and crazy and random too.. some people call me a bit weird, but weird in a good way since everyone's so normal.. lol

008-friendly,random,crazy,intellectual.

009-i would think of what's missing in the picture ( friend, crush, family member) think of what would match in the picture with which person and write a song dedicated to how special they are to me.

010-i'm very very very serious about music.. i sing for hours and hours a day without even knowing, i listen to music countless times a day, and without music, i dont know what i'd be..i love everything about music, and i'd love to be a big part of the music industry as my father was as well.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest appledapple

Ya you are probably right. I don't really watch the Korean scene that much due to the fact that I can't really speak Korean that well and trying to understand it is virtually impossible. I mean I am good at understanding I just need to expand my vocabulary. What I was trying to say was, if there is someone out there who can sing like Charlotte Church or Jo Sumi or Andrea Bocelli or Pavarotti, then let them audition.Damn it, I mean it is one of those things where only the superficial people get noticed but the people with real talent are rejected all the time.You can understand the frustration in that right?

Well, honestly, you should follow a little closer if you want in.

As far as being "superficial", it's a business and they want what's going to sell. When the fans stop wanting beautiful stars they'll quit putting out gorgeous "mediocre" talent.

Guest lovablekrnstar63

wowww...

this is such a big step

(for anybody to be doing this, not just you)

and i have a question

i'm a little confused..

is this like .. a little project on the side?

(as in, use this to gain experience in the whole 'managing an entertainment business')

or you're actually going to choose your singers and develop this into a fully-fledged company (with the singers you pick here?)

wow.. looks like you have a lot to choose from.

i want to do this but i dont want to make a commitment and back out.

i'll have to think it through first.

(and even if i did try i wouldnt make the cut with all these people so, haha)

good luck =]

How long are you gonna look for someone, because im interestd but im in korea and im not gonna be back until august 2nd and i don't think i can get a clip of myself singing while im in korea.

8,9 ish

002. Besides singing, what other musical talent do you have? (Please state how many years you have learned)]

I learned piano for about seven years, but it's been about a year since i stopped learning.

003. Besides playing an instrument or singing, have you written any lyrics or composed any songs?

No.

Something popish, r&bish

005. Do you think you have the star quality look? (This does not mean "Do you think you're hot?")

I think im pretty confident with my look. I can adapt to many different kind of looks.

I think i have potential to look better. I know i need to lose a couple of pounds.

Since singing is something i've always wanted to do professionally, i would probably give it my all and try my very best to show that i have wat it takes to make it.

My personality. I don't get offended easily and im able to take criticisms without becoming offended. I'm really outgoing and crazy once you get to know me. My jokes are really cheesy and lame, but im able to laugh at my own jokes and make everyone else laugh. I'm pretty confident. Im the type of girl who doesnt become all nervous and embarrassed when a more attractive person is staring down at me. I stare right back them.

-driven

-Hard-working

-Talented

-Confident

009. If I were to give you a pencil, a sheet of paper, and a picture of yourself, what would you do with them?

Ignore the picture of myself and probably doodle on the sheet of paper. :P

010. Most important question, how serious are you about music

I'm serious about it when i have to like when im performing and trying to look professional, but otherwise, i don't think music should be taken so seriously because then you'd be missing the whole point about music. Music is suppose to be something fun that brings joy to your life. If you take it too seriously all the time then your missing the whole point.

Guest peachesapples123

(This is my friend, I'm just putting hers down. She's not hacking, Lol. She doesn't have a file.)

002. Besides singing, what other musical talent do you have? (Please state how many years you have learned)

Piano for under a year, flute for one year, and cello for one year

Kinda.

Pop

I think I'm pretty okay, I'm not too bad.

I don't know.

I'm motivated and talented.

Happy, eccentric, straightforward, and determined

I'd start drawing mustaches and monocles on my face. And I'd fold the piece of paper into a star!

Extremely.

Guest ilovemesomekorean

oh man.... i would so love to do this.. and im on the internet like all day. haha.. but i dont have a mic.. im so sad!

but i wish everyone good luck~~

i give it a 5 cuz i still need to improve so much more

i used to play piano...but i guess it doesnt count. [2 yrs learning]

i tried writing lyrics...but never finished one whole song...:( cuz nothing was good.

R&B or sumthing a bit jazzy, ballad, hiphop

i guess im okay

my life. if its a good place like YG.

im kinda loud. im comfortable to be in front of people. i dance and sing to music a lot.

determined. honest. smart [not in a genius way]

i'll put the pic on the paper...then start planning on how i will make my dream or write myself sumthing to remember how i started off with my dream.

dead serious.

probably about a 7 or 8

I've taken piano lessons, but not that long. ONly about a half a year XD

Sadly no. I haven't written lyrics of my own or composed any songs.

hop or r&b, ballad

I think I'm alright

all it takes

my personality and my voice

honest, determined, dedicated, hard-working

I would attempt to draw myself and the doodle around the edges

Music is my life...I love it. I'm very very serious about it

Guest ke-ai

-piano, guitar

-i haven't composed any yet, but i've written quite a few

-ballads

-i think so.

-i'll give them my all, whatever it takes.

-i have passion

-motivated, honest, intellegent, friendly

-either draw myself, or write what my goals are that i want to achieve

-music is my life, i live and breathe music.

Guest SOUL'd to:GD

Aw Hey Solly, ^^ hope you don't mind if I call you that..

this is a GREAT idea! :D <3

Without any vocal lessons and stuff, I think I'd give myself a 7? I think I need to practice more.

I don't have any other musical talent though I AM looking forward to taking a guitar and piano lesson.

I actually HAVE written lyrics before, but because I didn't know how to compose music to go with my lyrics,

I end up forgetting my song's beats and tunes >< because I wrote so much so I stopped, realizing it was no use anyway :/

R&B / Hip Hop :) Like YG style.

I honestly don't think I have the "star quality look", maybe it's because I'm not Korean ><

But anywho, I might be okay... not sure.

All I have. I'm dedicating my life to this, and I've dropped all my backup plans to give my true dreams my fullest.

I think it would be my personality, I wouldn't say because of my singing voice because not everyone knows what I sound like.

But with my ipod earphones plugged in my ears, I'd always be singing and dancing around so that may be one too hehe

Dedicated, Honest, Artistic, Outgoing

I'd probably paste my picture on the paper and I'd write who I am (not just my name but like everything about me, and what makes me, me), and my dreams (YG Artist) and doodle around and draw :D

“ Music is oxygen. If you don't have oxygen you can't breathe. To me music is something that's always there, wherever I go it's a part of me, without it I can't live. It breathes with me. - Kwon Jiyong”

He pulled the words out of my mouth. I love music, so much my heart beats along with the tunes.

My heart would stop if music would no longer exist in this world.

i joined your forum btw and i pmmed you too about the contest ><

Guest Solly

thank you for filling out the survery you guys. keep them coming! also, if you are wanting to join the contest, PM any questions, comments, suggestions, etc. at my music forum. thanks!

HELP ME ADVERTISE! THANK YOU!

- piano .. learned it for 10 years but had stopped since 3 years ago due to my final highsch year exams and moving away from home to college, sigh~ i miss my piano >.<

- lyrics yes, sometimes .. but it turned out weird o.O" more like a story than a lyric lookalike and i tend to randomly hum out some melody which will b forgotten later :lol:

- any that suit my vocal .. dun really mind since i nearly like all types of music .. mayb something with catchy beats or ballads

- i'm rather plain looking but i guess with some fixing here n there, yep, anyone could have a star quality look

- as much as i love music as my career

- prolly my striking hair color sometimes (i tend to hav the habit of bleaching my hair)

- stubborn, innovative, patient and observant

- fold the paper into half, paste my picture onto one of the pages i folded, write a testimony, story or biography .. something about me & my life

- hMm, i like music but i couldn't tell the serious level yet since my reality world doesn't hav anything to do with music, yet .. but serious enough to keep me going and improving for the sake of chasing this dream XD

Guest sugarrrxxx

Im actually really shy and modest so i dont really wanna seem like cocky but i also dont wanna seem like too...shy xD

so im probably giving it a 7 or 8 because i do need to work on some things but i have a pretty good range and such.

I have no experience whatsoever. if you consider trying to beatbox for a month a musical talent...

Yes, but same story, the lyrics seem good when you write it but when i re-read i think "wow, this sucks" but i do write some lyrics from time to time.

Im actually not that picky because my voice almost fits everything, besides gospel because that takes a LOT of power and i have like half of the power of that...but my voice can do everything but scream and go as high as mariah carey.

No i dont. considering that well, here in the usa, they kind of expect you to be pretty i guess? like makeup and such. but i think im pretty.

Truth is, if they ever make me do something thats totally against my beliefs ill probably drop them and get a different record company. it might take me 5 months or 5 years, im not changing myself to do something they want me to do that i dont.

Im actually part of the crowd really :S i guess. all my friends know me as funny, crazy, energetic most of the time, so good personality, but i also know when to be serious.

Outgoing :), committed, hard working and always will be myself.

Write a random song about how i feel at the moment and then put a picture of me after the "song written by" part.

Enough so that it will be the career i will do no matter what happens, also, so I will be able to let my parents know it was worth the wait, enough for me to let people know that i've been there, that they're not alone on what they're going through, enough that I can show all those who doubted me that I did what I really wanted to do, enough that all of those people who have rejected me regret what they've done, wishing that i was part of that musical or song or whatever, enough so that i was willing to go on a forum and tell everyone my answers to these questions :P So that no matter what happens, this is the one and only career i will ever do. no backup plans.

Edit:

x__X i cant sing in korean *rotfl* oh well! it was fun filling out the survey. it kills time =]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Solly

CONTEST IS CANCELLED.

Thank you to those who were interested, but I've decided to cancel it since there weren't a lot of people joining. Read the first post for an update!!!! Thank you mucho!!!

-Solly

Guest sarang-hyesung

-- 5 the middle. i guess.

-- nope, but looking into piano.

-- no. i am a bad mixer. and but i wrote down lyrics just like a chorus or so.

-- i like singing ballad. or RnB. but i want to go into hiphop style too. i really wanna

learn how to rap.

-- Fair.

-- everything i got.

-- i dont know. i sometimes i am the crowd.

-- committed, hard working, patient, listener

-- write a poem in third person veiw about me or the actions have in the picture.

-- dead serious.

Guest jaen_genji

hello... would you mind if i ask??... what kind of project?

> 7.5 / 8

> playing guitar (5 years, since my elementary days)

> Composing songs

> yes!!! (there are already 50 songs)

> any genre will do, as long as it's not reggae or hard rock or sumthing hardcore!

> yeah!!! i do... (sorry, im just confident), i already won a modeling contest coz of that

> very much... it's my dream Soompiers...

> tall (joke)

> i'm very eager to pursue my dreams, do everything but in the right way...

> talented

> energetic

> friendly

> photogenic (this not means im not good-looking in person)

> i would write sumthing on the back and give it to one person...

> 75% of my life will be on it!!!! that's big enough... 15% to myself and 10% to others... but if i come to edge where im loving sumone 14% of myself will be given to him and 1% for me...

Guest m1sz_x_p1ggy

5-6

---

I have written lyrics for a song before

R&B

no... hahahaha

My all

I'm loud.. hahaha yeah... thats why a lot of people know me although i might not know them

loud, crazy, happy, positive

I would start to write random love quotes. or start to draw myself

I started to sing ever since i was in 2nd grade. Both of my parents are music teachers so i just live my life in music. ^^

Hoped I helped out in some part ^^

Guest in.side

7/8. not to be cocky. I know i'm good, but not THAT good.

piano. (my whole life, almost. i'm 14 now, so... about 9 years?)

guitar. (like.. 5 months? haha)

flute? (band. hehe.)

i've tried. but in the end, some singer always comes out with a song similar to it.

i would like to sing KPOP, since I also like dancing. i would also like to sing ROCK. but not like.. screamo or anything.

i've been told i look CUTE and my body is HOTT.. so i don't know. i don't think i'm UGLY, but.. i'm not that great looking.

depends. all my TALENT. not my LOOKS. [ex: christiana aguilera's company forced her to do all that slutty stuff.]

my voice sounds like a man, but apparently when i sing i actually sound like a girl.

my family members have been singers, so i guess i can say it's IN MY BLOOD. but a lot of people are related to famous people.

VERY stubborn.

independent.

open-minded.

honestly? i'm DESPERATE.

hmm..

redraw myself on the piece of paper. i'm a perfectionist so i wouldn't stop until they look somewhat similar.

after that, i'd probably be bored and start doodling on the other side of the paper.

dead serious. it's literally my life goal, since college isn't looking so good in the future. [yeah, i know, i'm 14, but still. i know college won't really do anything for me but waste money. DON'T BASH ME PEOPLE!!]

Archived