Jung Il Woo 정일우 -♥- We Love You, Oppa!

ilwoo_aein

29 minutes ago, hugo10 said:

It earns about 400.000 USD for the first day.

Hi hugo, thanks for sharing this figure. I'm happy that JIW is part of the movie. Seeing him in this film is just great. We should take this chance to see a different side of him:lol:

• Like 1

Jung il woo Appears in the Movie 'The Discloser' Without Any Guarantee

27072548_535048443517456_839259936486055

Korean actor Jung il woo made a brief, but powerful special appearance in the movie 'The Discloser'.

'The Discloser' is a story of a reporter and lieutenant colonel delving into military secrets to uncover the source of a corruption case.

It is the first-ever Korean film to disclose real stories of corruption in the military that actually happened in Korea.

The actor is currently serving his alternative military service as a public service worker, and found the stories of the movie to be very meaningful.

The actor decided to appear in the movie without any guarantee in respect of the director, Hong Ki-seon, since 'The Discloser' is his posthumous work.

In the movie, he plays a role as the captain of the Air Force pilots, Kang Young-woo.

Kang Young-woo becomes suspicious of the supply in the parts of Air Force jets, and asks a lieutenant colonel, Park Dae-ik (Kim Sang Kyung), for help.

Although he has only appeared in the movie for a short time, he surely has caught the audience's attention, especially of female audience―with the perfect fit of the Air Force pilot uniform on him.

'The Discloser' has been released on January 24, and it is shown in movie theaters throughout Korea.

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1004591772

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, evie7 said:

I'm not sure but it would be great if it's for real.

Hi eviePresident Moon unveiled a five-year plan to scale back the mandatory military service period to 18 months from the current 21. This shortened mandatory military service will not fully take in effect until 2020.  However, those who are currently serving will get a reduction on service length based on their time of enlistment.  Starting from October 2016, they will take away 1 day for every 2 weeks up until the enlistment date. :lol:

On 3/5/2018 at 7:11 PM, Jeannie Teo said:

Is this for real? It mentioned that Jung Il Woo will be discharged on 15 July..

http://m.industry.co.id/read/27316/mulai-ryeowook-hingga-jung-il-woo-ini-dia-daftar-seleb-korea-akan-selesai-wamil

Hi Jeannie Teo, thanks for sharing the link. This is good news for JIW! Looking forward to his discharge.....:lol:

• Like 2

On 3/7/2018 at 3:55 AM, willenette said:

Hi eviePresident Moon unveiled a five-year plan to scale back the mandatory military service period to 18 months from the current 21. This shortened mandatory military service will not fully take in effect until 2020.  However, those who are currently serving will get a reduction on service length based on their time of enlistment.  Starting from October 2016, they will take away 1 day for every 2 weeks up until the enlistment date. :lol:

Wow, when @Jeannie Teo posted this my first thought was to tag you to see if you had any insight into this. I don't know why I didn't but I will never dismiss that first thought again! Thank you for letting us know what was going on.:wub:  We can begin the count down!!!!

• Like 2

Actor Jung Il Woo Controversially Pays Respect To Late Actor Jo Min Ki

Jung Il Woo uploaded an Instagram post, where he paid respect to actor Jo Min Ki, who died by suicide amidst his sexual harassment allegations.

Lizwxxa2eSgksPQsjCAcNywX0aOKaaaAlnJiNm9i

Actor Jung Il Woo posted on his Instagram a black imaged background along with the words, “Pray for you,” causing many netizens to argue whether it was appropriate or not.

PWeTQ_WQPiiKRlQCtauBcinfuktngrm6AhRBp7cq

His post comes to light after it was reported that actor Jo Min Ki died by suicide following the numerous sexual harassment allegations against him.

Jo Min Ki was supposed to be brought in for questioning by the police on March 12 but was found dead in the storage area where he lived.

Jung Il Woo and Jo Min Ki worked together on the the K-Drama Golden Rainbow back in 2013.

MqPAI9XYco_q2GZ1SALyWJZS8kqKTavIHUZpLY-z

The netizens are split in their reaction to his Instagram post.

0C9M0TP79zdzg-PINKkQ-WSJbTNydpZFYxTAswO7

Spoiler

Jung Il Woo immediately deleted his post after numerous negative remarks were left on his feed.

source : koreaboo

Spoiler

• Like 1

17 hours ago, willenette said:

Actor Jung Il Woo posted on his Instagram a black imaged background along with the words, “Pray for you,” causing many netizens to argue whether it was appropriate or not.

I don't blame him for posting it, I was shocked by the allegations against JMK. He was one of my favorite actors, but his actions were just inexcusable, to say the least.  I'm still sad that he is gone.  So I think this is where I can try to understand Il Woo's post.  I don't think he was trying to glorify him but the netizens really don't need much to get riled up. I'm happy a lot did try to understand. 

• Like 1

***Gosh, I almost forgot this web-drama but so NICE to know that finally………… now they will air this on SK. How come just now? It’s been quite a while since it was shown in China. This is good news, though. Can't wait! :lol:

'High-End Crush' starring Jung Il Woo and Jin Se Yeon announces airing date

jung-il-woo-jin-se-yeon.jpg

'High-End Crush' announced its airing date. 

On March 20, MBN announced that the new, 5-episode Korean/Chinese web drama will be airing on MBN. The first episode is scheduled for April 4 at 11 pm. 

'High-End Crush' is a romantic comedy telling the story of Se Hoon, a talented man who can turn any rookies into a top star, trying to cast a country girl Yi RyungActor Lee Si Eon and Bora are also playing roles in the web drama. 

SEE ALSO: Actor Jung Il Woo receives criticism for expressing condolences to late actor Jo Min Ki on SNS, deletes post soon afterward

'High-End Crush' is gaining tremendous attention in China, and it's also expected to attract many Korean viewers.

Make sure to check out the first episode on April 4. 

jung-il-woo_jin-se-yeon_1521571589_js.jp

source : allkpop

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 12:33 AM, realistic2280 said:

He got exemption from serving his military service but he still went for it, and at the same time he can make movies?

I'm curious as to where he is now, I thought he was active in China and not making any projects in Korea anymore? Hmmm

Hi realistic, JIW was exempted for being an active-duty soldier because of an injury, instead he's currently serving as a public service worker only just like his buddy, Lee Min Ho. I guess you heard about their injury last some years back? While Lee Min Ho’s injuries were severe, Jung Il Woo’s injuries were considered much worse. He suffered a concussion, brain hemorrhage, and suffered partial amnesia. He had a broken wrist and pelvic bone. Like Lee Min Ho, he had to spend months in the hospital but still didn’t receive enough rehab due to his busy schedule doing dramas & CFs. While serving mandatory for security reasons, military personnel must not take part in commercial activities. At the same time, soldiers/recruits who are serving their national service cannot engage in any profit-making activity, even if they are on leave. The movie you were referring was filmed prior his MS.  Jung Il Woo is currently serving as a public service worker in Seoul.  :lol:

• Like 2