Jung Il Woo 정일우 -♥- We Love You, Oppa!

ilwoo_aein

3 hours ago, ilwoo_aein said:

Actor Jung Il Woo is another male star who's ready to enlist to the sadness of his fans. On November 29, his agency, HB Entertainment, said, "Jung Il Woo will be enlisting next month.  He told us he wanted to leave quietly, so it is difficult for us to reveal the exact date of enlistment."

depressed1-onion-head-emoticon.gif I knew this was coming but...I'm so sad he will be gone for 2 years. I'm going to miss him

I am so shocked and horrified and sad to find out about his illness.  :dissapointed_relieved:

Is this really true???

Jung Il Woo diagnosed with deadly brain disease + enlists in military

jungilwoo

Amongst all the male artists preparing for their enlistment next year, one actor is making a quiet one. 

On November 29th, Jung Il Woo’s management agency confirmed, “Jung Il Woo is scheduled to enlist in December.” However, they did not reveal a specific date as the actor plans to enlist quietly.

Jung Il Woo is expected to serve as a public service worker due to a car crash in 2006 where both him and Lee Min Ho were severely injured. Jung Il Woo had his wrist bone shattered and fractured his pelvic bone, showed internal bleeding in the head and suffered from partial but mild memory loss. Lee Min Ho broke his right thigh and ankle bone, the ligaments in his left knee were also. He was hospitalized for 7 months due to the incident and had to have metal pins in his thigh due to the injury. The passenger and driver of the car that crashed into them both passed away.

Scheduled to go through a 4 week training program for his military service, Jung Il Woo recently met with his Japanese fans for his last fan meeting in quite a while.

After news of his enlistment broke, however, it was revealed that he was recently diagnosed with a cerebral aneurysm. A close friend of Jung Ilwoo told Dispatch, “He began complaining about severe headaches 3 years ago and recently had a very detailed examination where he was diagnosed with cerebral aneurysm.”

The condition is considered a ticking time bomb as if the blood vessel ruptures, the fatality rate varies from 30% ~ 40%. According to The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, “Aneurysms may burst and bleed into the brain, causing serious complications, including hemorrhagic stroke, permanent nerve damage, or death. Once it has burst, the aneurysm may burst again and bleed into the brain, and additional aneurysms may also occur.”

This condition alone is enough for Jung Il Woo to request exemption from the military service but he stated that he will still enlist in the military and even said, “It’s a shame that I cannot serve in the fullest way due to my condition.”

Jung Il Woo made his debut through High Kick Through The Roof back in 2006 followed by popular drama projects such as The Moon That Embraces The Sun and The Night Watchman’s Journal. 

source

• Like 2

Unfortunately the terrible news appears to be true. I checked the Dispatch article on naver and the English version available (and posted above) it's pretty much a translation of said Korean one. The only part missing is that the only treatment seems to be surgery. I am so shocked. Speechless. Of course I've known of the car accident with bestie LMH but I didn't expect this aftermath. I am praying for all the best, I wish JIW all the best. You are amazing, please be well!

• Like 3

Wow @irilight This is very shocking news my friend green-scarf-emoticon-06.gifGod bless him. I'm sure the only reason this even came out was to try to shield him from criticism for doing the public service instead of service w/the troops. 

@yeonka Thank you for researching this. I knew that that car accident was a bad one but like you never thought something like this would happen. I happy that at least he has the option of surgery. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, irilight said:

I am so shocked and horrified and sad to find out about his illness.  :dissapointed_relieved:

Is this really true???

Jung Il Woo diagnosed with deadly brain disease + enlists in military

Amongst all the male artists preparing for their enlistment next year, one actor is making a quiet one. 

On November 29th, Jung Il Woo’s management agency confirmed, “Jung Il Woo is scheduled to enlist in December.” However, they did not reveal a specific date as the actor plans to enlist quietly.

Jung Il Woo is expected to serve as a public service worker due to a car crash in 2006 where both him and Lee Min Ho were severely injured. Jung Il Woo had his wrist bone shattered and fractured his pelvic bone, showed internal bleeding in the head and suffered from partial but mild memory loss. Lee Min Ho broke his right thigh and ankle bone, the ligaments in his left knee were also. He was hospitalized for 7 months due to the incident and had to have metal pins in his thigh due to the injury. The passenger and driver of the car that crashed into them both passed away.

Scheduled to go through a 4 week training program for his military service, Jung Il Woo recently met with his Japanese fans for his last fan meeting in quite a while.

After news of his enlistment broke, however, it was revealed that he was recently diagnosed with a cerebral aneurysm. A close friend of Jung Ilwoo told Dispatch, “He began complaining about severe headaches 3 years ago and recently had a very detailed examination where he was diagnosed with cerebral aneurysm.”

The condition is considered a ticking time bomb as if the blood vessel ruptures, the fatality rate varies from 30% ~ 40%. According to The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, “Aneurysms may burst and bleed into the brain, causing serious complications, including hemorrhagic stroke, permanent nerve damage, or death. Once it has burst, the aneurysm may burst again and bleed into the brain, and additional aneurysms may also occur.”

This condition alone is enough for Jung Il Woo to request exemption from the military service but he stated that he will still enlist in the military and even said, “It’s a shame that I cannot serve in the fullest way due to my condition.”

Jung Il Woo made his debut through High Kick Through The Roof back in 2006 followed by popular drama projects such as The Moon That Embraces The Sun and The Night Watchman’s Journal. 

source

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this news. I'm so proud of him that despite of his illness he's still willing to enlist. Ye, he could be exempted in case he wants to due to his condition. To be exempt for military service -includes those who suffer from medical problems like eye problem. In the military even if you have an  eye-problem, is one of the reasons to be exempted. Now, I'm just curious the exact date of his MS. Now they're allowed to choose their own enlistment dates & they could be enlisted together with their brothers or friends. I feel sad & bad that he's about to go soon. Spending two years away from the public eye is taxing for anyone not looking to pursue a career in the military. But, well, they won't be serving as an active-duty with LMH instead a public-service personnel. Being a public-service personnel deals with public services, such as working at train stations and selling tickets or transporting goods for the military or working in parking lots & cultural centers. It’s a fixed hourly job that doesn’t involve a lot of physical stress.Usually, those who are assigned here are those not strong enough condition to handle the physical stresses of active duty. People with medical issues are either exempt completely or they are instead ordered to serve their military terms as a public service worker (Civil service) So, the mandatory social service is given to men in Korea in place of military service for some reasons. Being a Public Service Personnel you could only work regular working hours and you’re allowed to spend your free time on your own.  I'm sure he received Level 4 for his physical exam so, he will serve as public personnel, still will go through the same basic military training for (4) weeks while commuting from home. :phew:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, evie7 said:

Wow @irilight This is very shocking news my friend green-scarf-emoticon-06.gifGod bless him. I'm sure the only reason this even came out was to try to shield him from criticism for doing the public service instead of service w/the troops. 

@yeonka Thank you for researching this. I knew that that car accident was a bad one but like you never thought something like this would happen. I happy that at least he has the option of surgery. 

Hi evie, I heard that he plans to enlist quietly. It is the rule that the admission ceremony opens to the public unless you request & wish to enlist quietly. The same thing upon discharge,  if you want your discharge to happen discreetly, there will be nothing special. Celebrities usually hold a brief photo session and press conference ahead of entering the gates of the training camp. :P So, his last for us was his drama, "Cinderella & the Four Knights" & his FM in Japan. :phew:

• Like 2

@yeonka, thank you for checking in the Korean press and verifying the truth of this article. 

@evie7, I think you are correct, and the news came because of his enlistment in public service

@willenette, thank you for all the information you provided on public service. I love you sharing your knowledge with us.

Still very shocked and sad with this news.   Praying for Jung Il-Woo. For his health, and to be able to complete the military service as he wishes for. What a brave man he is.

• Like 2

sorry for not being around lately due to soompi are blocking me somehow in the past few weeks :(

i go around Twitter where Jung Il Woo has trending for about 2 days due to his MS and illness. I am so shock and even feel sad to hear about it. I just know about him and now he already went for MS and on top of that has deadly illness ? like any time he will be gone forever ??? well of course i didnt want to aspect for the worse.

as he has already decide about still going to go through his duty for his country, let us just pray and hope that he will come back safely to the Kdrama world and to his fans.

Jung Il Woo fighting !!!

• Like 2