Jung Hye Young 정혜영

Guest lieulylom

February 20, 2011

Jung Hye-young for Marie Claire

Via Marie Claire Korea by girlfriday dramabeans.com

JungHyeYoung3.jpg

Gorgeous actress Jung Hye-young (Playful Kiss, Return of Iljimae) shows that being 38 and the mother of three doesn’t mean you can’t work it on the pages of a magazine, and then some. What’s your secret, and can you share with the rest of the class?

The shoot is decidedly bridal, but regardless, the styling is lovely, and Jung looks as doll-like as she always does. She’s been on a great run with her last two dramas, showing her broad range playing two very different moms to Kim Hyun-joong and Jung Il-woo, despite being only 13-14 years older than both actors. In Playful Kiss she played the quirky, energetic matchmaking mom, who liked to dress her son in girls’ clothing for fun. She was meddlesome and tiring for the hero, but we always loved her crazy antics because they were in service of getting the couple together.

And that came after her heartbreaking role as Iljimae’s mom in Return of Iljimae, who spent her whole life separated from the son she loved so much. Her relationship with Kim Min-jong‘s character just killed me. Such classic love/duty/honor conflict, and so beautifully acted by both. I certainly hope to see her in more roles like this one, that showcase her emotional range and strengths as an actress.

JungHyeYoung4.jpg

JungHyeYoung5.jpg

JungHyeYoung6.jpg

JungHyeYoung7.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 7, 2011

Sean, Jung Hye-young Donate Book Proceeds to Hard-Up Students

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

2011070701211_0.jpg

Singer Sean and actress Jung Hye-young, who are known for their charitable activities, are donating W130 million for university students struggling to pay for tuition, the Holt Foundation said Wednesday.

The couple have been goodwill ambassadors for Holt International Children's Services since 2007 and will donate the entire proceeds from the sales of their essay collection on love and family. The book has sold 130,000 copies since it was published in May 2008.

"A few days ago, I was deeply saddened by the news of a university student who died in an accident while working hard in a supermarket warehouse to earn money for tuition," Jung said. "I hope the money reaches those in need."

• 2 weeks later...

July 16, 2011

Sean and Jung Hye Young welcome their fourth child

Source + Photos: Star News via Nate by VITALSIGN allkpop.com

2011071621425931993_1.jpg

One of the representative couples of the Korean entertainment industry, Sean and actress Jung Hye Young, were blessed with the birth of a baby girl!

On July 16th, Jung Hye Young gave birth to her fourth child at a hospital in Seoul. Weighing in at 3.1 kg, hospital representatives revealed that “both the mother and her daughter are in great health.”

Sean tweeted about the joyous occasion by writing, “God has given us a fourth precious present. A beautiful princess has been born. Our fourth baby, little Jung Hye Young ^^ The baby and Hye Young are both healthy and doing fine. Today is just a day of joy for me.”

Their new daughter is now the youngest sister to the couple’s three older children, Harang, Hayul, and Haeum. Congratulations to the happy family!

July 18, 2011

Sean-Jung couple celebrates fourth baby

By Chung Ah-young chungay@koreatimes.co.kr

1107191601.jpg

Jung Hye-young, left, and Sean

Singer Sean’s wife, actress Jung Hye-young gave birth to their fourth baby at a hospital in southern Seoul July 16.

YG Entertainment said that Jung and her daughter are doing fine. Her daughter was born weighing 3.1 kilograms.

“God gave us a fourth present as our precious pretty baby girl was born today. Both the mother and baby are healthy and pretty. We are happier today,” Sean tweeted.

Jung and Sean married in 2004 and now have two daughters and two sons.

As good-will ambassadors of Compassion Korea, the celebrity couple is renowned for helping needy children around the world and for other charitable activities. They support 100 children in 26 developing countries. Recently, they pledged to sponsor 100 Haitian children.

• 3 weeks later...

August 5, 2011

Sean takes a meaningful picture of his newborn child

Source + Photos: Star News via Nate by VITALSIGN allkpop.com

2011080511362516460_1.jpg

Ⓒ Source = Sean Twitter

Rapper Sean has shared a photo of his fourth child, whom he welcomed into the world last month.

Through his Twitter on August 5th, the proud father wrote, “I’m looking forward to the day our loving maknae daughter Ha El takes her first steps with her beautiful feet. I dream of a future where Ha El grows up and transforms the places her feet take her to into a place of love and happiness.”

Netizens commented, “She’s adorable”, “I’m envious that she has such a caring father”, and “So the fourth daughter’s name is Ha El. Her name is beautiful.”

• 3 weeks later...

August 26, 2011

Sean shares an angelic photo of his youngest daughter, Ha Eul

by cduswnl allkpop.com

2011082613145752378_1.jpg

Ⓒ Source = Sean Twitter

On August 26th, rapper Sean shared the photo shown above with his fans along with the tweet, “Introducing our Ha Eul.”

In the photo, Sean’s youngest daughter Ha Eul looks absolutely adorable with a floral handkerchief wrapped around her head.

Netizens noted that her lovable smile resembles that of her mother, actress Jung Hye Young.

Sean expressed his loving feelings towards his daughter by tweeting, “Ha Eul, the little Jung Hye Young. I pray that you will share not only your mother’s beautiful face, but also her beautiful heart ^^”.

After seeing the sweet photo, fans left comments like, “I hope she grows up to be beautiful and healthy” and “She’s like a baby angel, she’s so cute. You seem to always be happy thanks to your daughters“.

Source + Photo: Star News via Nate

• 2 months later...

October 26, 2011

Jung Hye-young's "luxury classic" Parisian shoot

Via Review Star by javabeans dramabeans.com l Nate 1 l 2 l 3 l4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 l 9 l 10 l 11 l 12 l 13 l 14 l 15 l 16 l 17 l 18 l 19 l 20 l 21

20111026_1319607490_19415700_1.jpg

20111026_1319596350.jpg

How gorgeous is she? Jung Hye-young has been transitioning into roles playing mothers more than leading ladies (Return of Iljimae, Playful Kiss), but that doesn’t mean she looks at all like an ajumma. Exhibit A: This photo spread for luxury magazine Heren, shot in Paris.

She’s dressed in “European luxury classic” fashions, and at 37, she gets my vote for prettiest, daintiest K-drama mother ever. Even if she’s really only about a dozen years older than the boys she’s supposedly mothered onscreen (Jung Il-woo, Kim Hyun-joong). While this kind of look is not at all my bag, Jung rocks the short hair and the blood-red lips. Having Paris as the backdrop doesn’t hurt, either.

She’s a mother in real life as well, with four kiddos of her own with husband Sean (of former Jinusean fame). They are, perhaps, the adorablest family ever.

Jung’s shoot is in Heren’s November issue.

1319603756936.jpg

201110260952221001_1.jpg

PP11102600056.JPG

PP11102600059.JPG

PP11102600055.JPG

PP11102600054.JPG

PP11102600057.JPG

PP11102600058.JPG

Via Review Star

• 3 weeks later...

November 11, 2011

What special gift did Sean give his wife for Pepero day?

by hlkim allkpop.com

Sean is gaining much attention for a special donation he made under his wife’s name.

On November 11th, Sean wrote on his Twitter, “I gave my wife Hye Young a special gift for Pepero day.”

2011111117543385867_1.jpg

Photo: Sean ⓒ Twitter

“On November 11th, 2011 at 11:11:11,” he continued, “I wrote a check for 20,111,111 won (around $20,111.11 USD) under Hye Young’s name.” Sean then attached a proof shot of his donation slip, earning the awe of fans and netizens alike.

They commented, “Such an inspirational couple“, “Is there another man like Sean for me?“, “I wish the best for your lovely family“, and “Doing good deeds is like a habit for you two.”

[For those of you who aren't familiar with Pepero Day, it's like the Korean equivalent of Valentine's Day, where couples exchange boxes of Pepero to show their expression. It's celebrated on November 11th since the numbers '11/11' represent four sticks of the confectionary treat.]

Source: Star News

• 3 weeks later...

December 9, 2011

Sean sends his wife a huge bouquet for their 4,000th day anniversary

by *Miso* allkpop.com

29aq.jpg

YG Entertainment‘s Sean is famous for being part of hip hop duo Jinusean, but he’s also gained a reputation for being a really devoted husband and father.

On December 8th, Sean added to his family man image with his latest tweet. He wrote, “(My wife is) more beautiful than a flower. It’s our 4,000th day anniversary since Hye Young and I have been together. She became my air, helped me to breathe, took my heart and made it flutter. I live with her love. Hye Young, I only have eyes for you”.

He then attached a photo of an extremely large bouquet he gave his wife for their anniversary.

After seeing such a romantic gesture, netizens gushed, “SO CUTE~”, “I’m jealous of Hye Young”, and “Can my future husband be like that please?”

Source + Image: Sean’s Twitter

• 1 month later...

February 8, 2012

Sean & Jung Hye-young Donate Another 100 million won To Kids In Poverty

Source: KBS Global

en_120208_07.jpg

This is the fourth year already that the star charity couple Sean and Jung Hye-young have donated 100 million won to kids who grow up in poverty. The two said they hope their total of 400 million won will help these children to grow up with hopes and dreams despite their discouraging environments.

According to Holt's Children's Services, the married couple known for their charitable acts, has been donating 100 million won a year each year for the past four years.

• 4 weeks later...

March 7, 2012

Jinusean’s Sean shows off his wife’s culinary skills

by leesa86 allkpop.com

201203061820111001_1.jpg

Nate

Not only is she one of the most generous celebrity philanthropists, a busy mom, and a supportive wife, it looks like actress Jung Hye Young is also quite the chef in the kitchen.

On March 6th, Jinusean member Sean shared a photo to show off his wife’s culinary talent.

In addition to posting the photo on his official Twitter page, he wrote, “Introducing you to a new tasty restaurant! Hye Young’s Korean Restaurant. Fried sweet mushrooms, soy-pickled perilla leaves and radish, almond-walnut anchovy stir fry, grilled pork belly, organic lettuce wraps… I can’t even express all this in words. Italian yesterday, Korean today… looking forward to tomorrow’s menu!”

Upon seeing her impressive dinner spread, netizens remarked, “Best couple ever“, “Jung Hye Young is the queen of all wives“, and “I want to live like that couple.”

Source & Image : Sean’s Twitter

• 5 months later...

August 14, 2012

'Social-tainers' are talking about the issues  
By Ki Sun-min, Kang Na-hyun Korea JoongAng Daily

Celebrities in Korea increasingly opening up about their views

14211729.jpg

In the middle of last month, those who passed by Daehanmun, the main gate of Deoksu Palace in central Seoul, walked by actor Yoo Ji-tae. He wasn’t in the middle of a shoot or signing autographs at a fan-meet. Rather, he stood there silently in the heavy rain holding up a sign that read “Immigrant women have the right to live.”

He was participating in a campaign against the domestic violence that has taken place between Korean men and their migrant wives. Two women were killed by their husbands in early July. 

“I hope they are the last victims,” Yoo said to reporters at the site of his protest. “I’m so ashamed as a Korean man.” He added that he is preparing to direct a film about the issue. 

Celebrities in Korea are increasingly raising their voices on social issues, from domestic concerns like the abuse of migrant wives to international disputes like Korea’s sovereignty over the Dokdo islets. The trend has led to the use of the term “Social-tainer,” a portmanteau of “social” and “entertainer” that refers to stars who act and comment on the issues. 

While the idea of celebrities involving themselves in politics or social movements is familiar to many in the West, it is a relatively new phenomenon in the Korean entertainment industry. 

Yoo is an outspoken exemplification of this trend. He has been volunteering in Africa and says he has always wanted to be a social worker. He recently promoted the adoption of abandoned dogs on his Twitter account.

Singer Lee Hyo-ri is also enthusiastically promoting the protection of abandoned dogs and hopes to convince more fans to become vegetarians. Breaking from her original sexy fashion celebrity image, she gave up leather bags and fur coats for cotton, eco-friendly purses. 

Actress Park Jin-hee is also participating in many environmental campaigns. She is now honorary ambassador of the NGO Korea Green Foundation. Cha In-pyo and Shin Ae-ra have taken on a different cause, promoting the rights of North Korean defectors.

It is no exaggeration to say that singer Sean, together with his actor wife Jung Hye-yeong, is almost a full-time social worker. He is currently holding a fund-raiser for building a rehabilitation hospital for disabled children. 

Books have been a primary medium for social-tainers to get their voices heard. So far, books published by celebrities have mainly been autobiographies or professional analyses of fashion, makeup and diet trends. Nowadays, celebrities are writing books about their opinions on social issues. 

Lee Hyo-ri’s essay on animal welfare, “Closer,” has sold over 30,000 copies since its May release. Even Park Won-soon, mayor of Seoul, commented on the book, saying he’s planning on establishing a new department regarding animal welfare later this year. 

Gong Hyo-jin also published an essay, “Notebook,” listing small tips on how to save the environment, such as using shower gels sparingly, reusing Ziplock bags and unplugging electronics. It has sold over 40,000 copies.

“Both of them hoped their social influence would be used in a good way, making a difference. Their deep considerations and studies on the related fields were very impressive,” said Kim Su-jin, the director of the publisher Bookhouse who planned both celebrities’ books. 

Social networking services have played a major role in the celebrities’ social participation. Kim Yeo-jin, Kim Je-dong and Kim Mi-wwa began voicing their opinions on issues through Twitter. Other stars such as Lee Hyo-ri and Yoo Ji-tae also actively tweet, proving celebrities are no longer afraid of directly communicating with the public. 

Jang Duk-jin, professor of Seoul National University’s College of Social Sciences, even predicted that the ability to communicate with the public through SNS will also be counted as a qualification of top stars in the future, as much as appearance and talent. 

The transformation in the public’s view of celebrities could be the primary contributor to these social participation trends. 

“The originally vertical relationship between stars and the public has become horizontal,” said Jung Duk-hyun, a popular-culture critic. “Celebrities, who were once just an object of envy, are now seen as another member of society.” 

Hyun Taek-soo, professor of Korea University’s College of Social Sciences, said that as corporate social responsibility is required of companies, the same principle is increasingly being applied to celebrities.

The effects have been positive for society as well as the celebrities’ image. Choi Soo-jong and Ha Hee-ra’s pledge to donate their body tissues after death is a good example. Unlike organ donation, tissue donation is lesser known to the public, but right after the couple’s announcement, donations skyrocketed in less than two weeks. 

However, many people still doubt the authenticity of social-tainers and view their actions as part of a planned promotional strategy. Celebrities often try to raise their reputations through social participation and donations. Some stars don’t assume great prominence in their regular field (singing or acting) but gain popularity through volunteer work, earning roles in films and commercials. 

“It requires a lot of willpower and devotion to be an active social-tainer in the long term. Uninterested stars, reluctantly participating, rarely make it to the end,” said Lee Hyun-woo, the PR manager of Unicef. 

Critical voices are particularly aimed at the celebrities who are widely expressing their political opinions. “Entertainment is a field appealing to emotional sides of people. By interfering in politically sensitive issues or supporting particular political parties, stars might elicit an emotionalization of politics,” said Shin Yool, professor at Myongji University. 

Revealing political colors often backfires on celebrities, which explains why most celebrities’ participation remains in social areas related to universal values such as environmental, children, animal and human rights. 

“American celebrities usually don’t get in trouble for revealing their political colors,” said Lee Dong-yeon, professor at Korea National University of Arts. “No one being criticized or disadvantaged for their personal opinions is a sign of a mature society,” 

Criticisms exist, but most people consider social-tainers’ movements to be positive. “Celebrities expand the social issues from originally confined political ones to various questions we have to solve, contributing to an advance towards pluralism in the society,” said Kim Hyung-joon, professor of political science and diplomacy at Myongji University.

• 4 months later...

December 21, 2012
Photographer Marks Decade of Holding Exhibition for Babies Up for Adoption
The ChosunIlbo
It has become a tradition for photographer Cho Sei-hon to hold an exhibition just before Christmas featuring pictures of celebrities posing with babies who have been put up for adoption. 
Now in its 10th year, the show aims to promote awareness of the issue, and this year it features celebrity couples including Kim Seung-woo and Kim Nam-joo, Sean and Jung Hye-young, and Yoo Joon-sang and Hong Eun-hee. 
Photos of the families who adopt the babies are also added to the display. Prior to the opening of the exhibition on Thursday at Insa Art Gallery in Seoul, Cho said he hopes to soon see the day when there is no longer any need for it. 
"It's better for this kind of exhibition to disappear as soon as possible. In a way, it's sad and also embarrassing that this has been held every year," he said, lamenting the high number of children given up for adoption in Korea each year.
2012122100394_1.jpgClockwise from top left, photographer Cho Sei-hon; A mother and son living in North Carolina, the U.S. show a photo of the boy with actress Ko So-young, taken before he was adopted by the family in 2005; celebrity couple Sean and Jung Hye-young pose with a baby put up for adoption. /Courtesy of Cho Sei-hon
Cho began taking an interest in the issue in 2003 when a social worker at the Social Welfare Society sent him an email asking him whether he could "take pictures of these babies celebrating their 100-day birthdays, as they usually get adopted when they are three or four months old." 
Cho said he felt as though it was his destiny to reach out and help. "I felt that this was something I had to do -- that I had been waiting for -- and that it had finally arrived on my doorstep," he recalled. 
Initially thinking it would be a one-time affair, he happily snapped photos of 22 babies waiting to find new parents, and 30 children with disabilities who would mostly end up living in state-sponsored welfare facilities as few were willing to adopt them. However, Cho said he was unable to walk away after the first year when he saw how much joy it gave the kids to see their photos. He has since recruited many celebrities to help them find new homes by posing in photos together, including Rain, Lee Byung-hun, Kim Hye-soo, Ko So-young, Big Bang, Yoon Eun-hye and Yoo Seung-ho. 
In 2006, three years after Cho began his crusade, the government designated May 11 as Adoption Day. Cho said he feels proud of having helped improve public sentiment about adoption, which was formerly considered a taboo subject and source of acute embarrassment in polite social circles. 
"I will take more pictures of unmarried single mothers from next year in the hope that more women are brave enough to [deal with the negative stigma and] keep caring for their kids themselves rather than put them up for adoption overseas," he said.

• 1 month later...

January 21, 2013
Celebrity Couple Donate W100 Million for Underprivileged Kids
The ChosunIlbo
2013012100679_0.jpg
Sean and Jung Hye-young have given W100 million to Holt Children's Services, it said on Thursday.
The money will be used to help pay for the education of orphans and children from low-income families.
They have been serving as promotional ambassadors for the adoption agency since 2007, since which time they have made donations totaling W630 million.

January 26, 2013
With both beauty and experience! Return of Korean super actresses  Source: Innolife Korea
4742_1.jpg
Missy stars with both beauty and experience are coming back to screen. Jeong Hye-Young, who has become the role model of all as good deed couple, has entered screen for the first time since her debut with movie ‘Shaman Good For Nothing’. In the movie, she appears as an attractive doctor that captivates Park Shin-Yang’s heart. Jeong Hye-Young made a debut in screen with absolute support from her husband Sean and become the leading part of movie drawing 3,000,000 audiences as the role of single mam taking care of a daughter. 
And next was the comeback of Oh Yeon-Soo. She appeared on movie in 15 years, and gained 8kg for the movie and took a role of mother and fighter ‘Ahn Bong-Hee’, who is strong even though she looks young, in movie ‘Run to South’. She acted a quiet, but strong mother with a nickname of ‘Ahn Darc’. In the screen, she is going to captivate the audiences with feminine and innocent attraction. 
Moon So-Ri, who has been concentrating on taking care of baby after giving birth, is coming back with two movies this year. The first movie she’s going to come back is ‘Ethics of Rage’, in which she is going to take the role of bad woman who gets to know about her husband’s affair after a death of a beautiful student. The new movie of Moon So-Ri is going to premiere in February.

February 1, 2013
Jung Hye-young added to Gu Family Book
by javabeans dramabeans.com
NISI20130117_0007592448_web.jpg
Her recent drama roles have had her playing Jung Il-woo’s mom and Kim Hyun-joong’s mom, but real life mother-of-four Jung Hye-young won’t be playing a maternal role this time around for Gu Family Book, the fusion fantasy drama starring Lee Seung-gi and Suzy.
Instead, Jung has been cast as head gisaeng Chun Soo-ryun at an establishment named Chunhwagwan. Having been a gisaeng from her youth, she’s amassed a reputation for her beauty and wisdom as she serves a clientele that includes the rich and famous. Soo-ryun puts in constant efforts to elevate her junior gisaengs to becoming artists, so I suppose there’s a bit of mothering going on there, though maybe it’s more like perfect-older-sister-ing. You know, the unni who’s sweet and awesome and who’d be infuriatingly perfect if only you didn’t love her so. Jung will act her character from her thirties through fifties, which seems crazy till I remember she’s approaching 40 (though she certainly doesn’t look it).
No word yet on how she fits into the actual storyline of our half-gumiho, half-human hero, but since sageuks often place a lot of the action at gisaeng houses I anticipate we’ll see a good amount of her character. Or I hope we do; Jung Hye-young has such wonderful screen presence in everything, whether she’s being regal and stately (Return of Iljimae) or giddy and schoolgirlish (Playful Kiss).
Gu Family Book will follow Horse Healer in April.
Via Joy News

• 4 weeks later...

February 26, 2013
Scholarship Named After Jung Hye-young Helps Students in Need
The ChosunIlbo
Celebrity couple Sean and Jung Hye-young established a scholarship fund and offered support to 20 university students in need on Monday.
The scholarship in the name of Jung was arranged with proceeds from sales of the couple's photo essay books.
2013022600805_0.jpg
Actress Jung Hye-young poses with recipients of a scholarship she set up with her husband in Seoul on Monday. /Newsis
The couple have been serving as promotional ambassadors for Holt International Children's Services since 2007.

• 3 months later...

May 27, 2013
Jung Hye-young Donates W100 Million to Help Sick Children
The Chosun Ilbo
Actress Jung Hye-young donated W100 million to help children with rare and difficult-to-cure diseases at Yonsei University Hospital on Friday.
In her debut film, "The Gangster Shaman," which was released in January, Jung played the role of a mother with a sick child, which required some of the scenes to be shot at the hospital's children's clinic.
2013052700971_0.jpg
Actress Jung Hye-young (right) and her husband Sean spend time with a child while visiting Yonsei University Hospital to make a donation on Friday. /Courtesy of Yonsei University Hospital
She decided to pledge all of her earnings from the film after her husband Sean suggested she give it to a good cause.
The couple wed in 2004 and have since become known for their charitable endeavors.

• 4 months later...

October 21, 2013
Jung Hye-young chosen as beauty icon
By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily

20131021_1382317173_92328800_1.jpg

Actress Jung Hye-young has been selected as a beauty icon of the month for November by the fashion magazine Elle, according to her agency YG Entertainment yesterday.
Elle reportedly made the decision not only because of Jung’s style, but also because of her “inner beauty,” as she is known to dedicate significant time to helping people in need. 
“It is not easy to keep my life in order as I raise children and work at the same time,” she said in the interview. 
“I just try to put forth the best effort every time and be thankful for my life.”
She also talked about her schedule and how she maintains her beauty. Jung says she works out in the mornings and then, after sending her children to school, she studies the violin or goes to a pottery-making class. 
“It is important to focus on the basics,” she said, adding that she watches what she eats and uses a personal trainer. 
“It is also important to have a role model that gives inspiration and positive energy.”
Jung, who is married to Sean Noh of the hip hop group Jinusean, is well-known for giving generously to social causes and charities.
She also volunteered her time and donated money to celebrate herself and her husband’s ninth wedding anniversary, which was earlier this month. 
Jung gave her 100 million won salary for the movie “Man on the Edge” to Severance Hospital in May to help patients suffering from rare diseases. 

Archived