Jung Hye Young 정혜영

Guest lieulylom

Guest lieulylom

Pretty actress from Lawyers
260pxjungmp1.jpg

Name: 정혜영 / Jung Hye-young (Jeong Hye-yeong)

Also Named as: Jung Hae Yong

Profession: Actress

Date of birth: December 14, 1973

Height: 163cm

Weight: 47kg

Blood type: AB

Family: Husband/singer Sean Noh, member of Korean hip hop, and one daughter

Talent agency: Cyclone

Dramas:

90 Days, Falling in Love Days (MBC, 2006)

Lawyers (MBC, 2005)

Phoenix (MBC, 2004)

Sister-in-law (MBC, 2003)

Swan Lake (MBC, 2003)

Hello Balbali (KBS, 2003)

To Be with You (KBS, 2002)

I Love You (MBC, 2002)

Lovers (MBC, 2001)

Mr. Right (KBS, 1998)

My Lady (KBS, 1997)

Starting to Happy (1997)

Jazz (SBS, 1996)

You are so Nice (1995)

Teacher (1993)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest miimisunshine

YAY! first post! she is soo pretty! if you look at her now she doens't look like she was never prego. her daughter with Sean is soo cute! BTW do you know their daughter's name?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi lieulylom, thanks for starting this thread for JHY. Yes! :blush:

First saw Jung Hye Young in Phoenix, she was awesome as the evil Miran. Honestly... I wouldn't have finished watching the series if it wasn't for her never-ending craziness that keeps the storyline afloat. Then, watched her very different persona in The Lawyers... although everything is obviously toned down from Miran, I just adore this actress more and more. Totally love her conscreen chemistry with Kim Sang Kyung, too.

And her baby is just so adorable. Great actress with great family.

jhy19xs.jpg

^ Pic of JHY & her family that I just love.

Something to share from the Korean celeb photos sub-forum :) with family photos

[news]the Angelic Couple--sean&jhy, --donate 10,400 to the hospital. again.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...108987&st=0

• 7 months later...

September 14, 2007

Sean and His Wife to Hold Charity Bazaar

070914ent1ay4.jpg

Singer Sean, his wife Chung Hye-young and TV personality Kim Jun-hee will hold a charity bazaar Sept. 14 at Holt Children's Services in Hapjeong-dong, Seoul to help single mothers and abandoned babies who were born prematurely or with disabilities.

Sean and his wife, who are also the PR ambassadors of the Holt Children's Services, will put up for sale their memorabilia, while Kim will volunteer as a sales worker. All proceeds from the bazaar will be donated to help single mothers find employment and become financially independent, as well as to prematurely born babies and children with disabilities.

Sponsors of the event will include Boryung Medians, Soda Shoes and other corporations. Several individuals have also donated their items.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/new...8106_11858.html

• 1 year later...
Guest kdramafanusa

isn't she the lobbyist in the drama east of eden?

Yes.

I didn't know that there's a thread for Jung Hye-Young on Soompi, I couldn't find it. Sigh...

She will also be appearing in MBC drama "The Return Of Iljimae" next year. :)

Source: Javabeans

O’live’s inaugural Style Icon Awards

October 30th, 2008 // by javabeans

Cable channel O’live TV hosted its first Style Icon Awards on the night of October 30, and a parade of stars turned out on the “orange carpet” for the event. Held at Club Answer in the upscale Seoul neighborhood of Cheongdamdong, the event awarded select members from not only entertainment sphere to honor as icons, but also some from society and the arts.

Actor Jung Jun-ho (The Last Scandal of My Life) acted as host, and awards were handed out to stars like Rain, above (Style Icon of the Year), Jung Ryeo-won, Park Tae-hwan, Sohn Ye-jin, and more.

WINNERS LIST

Actor: Lee Jung-jae

Actress: Sohn Ye-jin

Male Singer(s): Big Bang

Female Singer: Seo In-young

Culture and Arts: Violist Richard Yongjae O’Neill; photographer Kim Yong-ho

Politics: Member of Parliament Na Kyung-won

Sports : Martial artist Chu Seong-hoon

Model: Jang Yoon-joo

TV: actress Kim Hee-ae

There was also a “Special Awards” section, which I take to mean “Where we include really idiotic categories aping something you’d see at an Mnet awards show“:

SPECIAL AWARDS

“Beautiful Sharing”: Sean and Jung Hye-young

“Fun Fearless Female”: Sohn Ye-jin

New Icon: Shinee

Special Award: deceased model Lee Eon

Fashionista: Jung Ryeo-won

World Icon: Olympic gold-medalist swimmer Park Tae-hwan

Style Icon of the Year: Rain, Jang Mi-hee

This couple is ridiculously sweet and warm-fuzzy sappiness. Singer Sean and wifey Jung Hye-young (The Return of Iljimae) always look so happy to be together, even after four years and two kids. They’re super-happy and they’re not even annoying. How do they do that?

iconsean118ae96wq7.jpgiconsean219451bju8.jpg

iconsean419fcd5tv0.jpg

Via O’live TV

• 5 months later...

I didn't know that there's a thread for Jung Hye-Young on Soompi, I couldn't find it. Sigh...

She will also be appearing in MBC drama "The Return Of Iljimae" next year. :)

It's been listed in the Actress threads index at the directory. :sweatingbullets:

And related to 'The Return Of Iljimae'..

Jung Hye-young donates her paycheck

April 10th, 2009 // by javabeans

200904101108041114_1.jpg

Jung Hye-young, who played Iljimae’s mother in the just-ended Return of Iljimae, is blessed with a ridiculously adorable family and a doting husband (Sean of old-school kpop duo Jinusean). She was also pregnant while filming the drama with their third child.

The couple has revealed (through a mini-homepage posting — who needs publicists when you have the internet?) that she will be donating part of her Return of Iljimae paycheck to charity in the name of her unborn baby, Ha-yul (Jung is due in June).

Sean wrote, “Hye-young said that she wanted to share her proceeds from the work she did filming with our unborn Ha-yul. She felt particularly sympathetic with children in difficult situations because, as a result of filming for Return of Iljimae, she had to spend time apart from the children.” He added, “As my wife and baby Ha-yul wrap up with Return of Iljimae, we also wanted to show our love in a small way. We give part of her paycheck in Ha-yul’s name to the Social Welfare Society along with our love.”

Via My Daily; thanks to dramabeans.com

Celebrity couple Sean and Jung Hye Young have announced that they will be donating a portion of Jung’s salary for Return of Iljimae to the Social Welfare Society. The donation will be made in the name of their unborn child, Ha Yul (which means God’s Law). They found out about her pregnancy while she was filming the drama, which completed its run on April 9.

200904100913361010_1.jpg

Sean & Jung Hye Young

Source: news.nate.com ; with thanks to kpculture.com

• 9 months later...

January 8, 2010

Sean, Jung Hye-young: Committed to Charity

2010010800237_1.jpg

Jung Hye-young (left) and Sean

Sean and Jung Hye-young, a couple known for their charitable donations, have given W100 million they made from appearing in an advertising together to a convalescent home for patients of Lou Gehrig's disease (US$1=W1,135). The couple visited the Clinical Research Institute at Seoul National University Hospital in November last year to deliver the money and ask for construction of a care home for patients with the disease also known as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.

"I'm proud that my husband agreed without a second's hesitation to the idea of donating this money," said Jung. "He said nothing about the money we earned from the advert for three months after we shot it. When we'd appeared in another ad together early last year, he immediately suggested to me that we donate that money, but this time he didn't. I have to admit I was relieved thinking we'd be able to save the money for the family this time. But after meeting a friend of mine, I changed my mind. My friend told me that she never cut down on regular donations even during difficult periods, because there must be people who are struggling harder. I told Sean the story and about donating the W100 million from the advert we shot together. He said okay instantly."

Sean and Jung have been notably active in charity and voluntary work for needy people, including annual donations to celebrate their children's birthdays and their wedding anniversary. "It's impossible for one person to help the needy. We decided to make our donations public to encourage others to participate so that more people can benefit," the couple said.

Credits: englishnews@chosun.com

Sean and Hye Young are human angels that were sent to us from GOD. I have never seen a person so giving and selfless, always thinking and doing things for others. Today, my mom and I were listening to the Korean news on the radio and the reporter reported that Sean and Hye Young had 5 children in Haiti that they send donations/support on regular basis and Hye Young was really sad not to know what happened to those 5 children. After hearing this, my mom was crying her eyes out because she truly felt that Hye Young is an angel. I am 5 years younger than Hye Young and when I get married and have my own family, I want to follow her example. Sean and Hye Young are the example that we should all follow. Sean and Hye Young fighting!! =)

• 2 weeks later...

February 4, 2010

Jung Hye Young celebrates daughter’s birthday

by sweetrevenge on February 4, 2010

20100204082515194e7_083512_0.jpg

kr.news.yahoo.com

More heart warming news from Sean and Jung Hye Young!

To celebrate their eldest daughter Ha Eum’s 4th birthday, the couple helped yet another disabled child.

On February 2nd, Jung Hye Young wrote an entry on her minihompy titled,

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Ha Eum!”

Underneath the title, Jung Hye Young continued,

“First congratulations on your 4th birthday Ha Eum. Ha Eum probably doesn’t know that you have given mommy the present of spending 1461 days together. After God has given Ha Eum to mommy, there have been so many ‘first’ experiences, and now as mommy’s eldest daughter, seeing Ha Eum as a wonderful loving older sister to Ha Rang and Ha Yul makes mommy so happy.”

Jung Hye Young also told Ha Eum about yet another “disabled deaf friend” that she and Sean had helped to receive surgery by donating around 10 dollars a day. This is the fourth child that the couple has helped.

20100204190147164g6_190505_0.jpg

kr.news.yahoo.com

Happy birthday Ha Eum, and kudos to Jung Hye Young and Sean couple for always being a role model figure by helping others.

Source: allkpop.com

• 3 months later...

May 15, 2010

Sean loves his family

by xvntbk on May 15, 2010

SSI_20100515142732_V.jpg

On the 15th, Korea’s most affectionate celebrity daddy, Sean updated his mini-hompy with pictures of his family.

The pictures are of his wife, actress Jung Hye Young, and his three children.

The first picture is of his wife and their first child, Ha-eum (4), and along with the picture he posted, “My princess and my little princess.”

Of the picture of his second child, Harang (3), he posted, “My handsome little prince.”

Lastly, of the picture of his youngest child, Ha-Yul (1), he posted, “My superstar.”

Sean has, hands down, the cutest and most fashionable children amongst fellow celebrities in Korea.

tn_1273889643_-1951927171_0.jpg

news.nate.com l consumernews.co.kr l news.nate.com

May 18, 2010

Sean’s happy family in Prague

by heartfacee on May 18, 2010

201005181005491001_1.jpg

Sean and wife Jung Hye Young went on a family vacation to Prague with their three children.

He revealed a picture on his minihompy of his family in Prague and it’s been gaining lots of attention from netizens.

He captioned, “Household is…”

And wrote, “The small heaven God allowed on this land.”

The boys were a baby blue matching shirt whereas the girls matched with a baby pink shirt. I don’t mean to be a downer but that is just too cheesy. Other than that, it’s amazing how happy they are. It kind of scares me actually.

Netizens wrote,

“I’m jealous of a happy family.”

“I want to live like them.”

“So cute.”

Look at the little one!

Source: allkpop.com news.nate.com

• 2 weeks later...

June 1, 2010

Star Couples Picked to Promote National Tax Service

2010060100911_0.jpg

Two star couples have been appointed as goodwill ambassadors for the National Tax Service. Actor couple Choi Soo-jong and Ha Hee-ra, and singer Sean and his wife, actress Jung Hye-young, are the new faces of the tax collection agency.

"The two couples have been named the agency's goodwill ambassadors since they honestly pay their taxes and donate to the needy," the National Tax Service said.

They will appear in the agency's promotional posters and videos and join in street campaigns promoting tax payment over the next two years. /Courtesy of National Tax Service

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

June 8, 2010

Sean’s family gets dressed in red for World Cup

by rameninmybowl on June 8, 2010

Sean and Jung Hye Young and their adorable three musketeers are at it again! Korea’s nationally-beloved family was recently seen dressed in crimson red to elevate the World Cup spirit, before the big game—Korea vs. Greece—this Saturday.

tn_1275966302_238293492_0.jpg

The daddy of the crew, Sean has been keeping his fans updated on what his family was up to via Cyworld ever since the babies were born. Thanks to his constant update on his children, Haeum, Harang, and Hayul have become quite famous among netizens.

Along with the new pictures, Sean commented, “Our family wishes for Korea’s victory for the Greece match this Saturday. Let’s all shout! Korea, hwaiting!”

tn_1275966302_238712121_1.jpg

Sean also revealed that the family will be cheering at Korea University’s gymnasium, which is the location of the upcoming World Cup event.

• 1 month later...

July 22, 2010

Many more cast additions to Playful Kiss

July 22nd, 2010 // by javabeans

junghyeyoung_38.jpg

After all those rumors and teases about possible cast additions, it’s good to know this drama is actually making decisions now. Some make me happy, others I have no opinion on, and others are decidedly meh.

Let’s start with one that makes me happy: Jung Hye-young, the actress married to former k-popper Sean, whose casting makes sense given that she starred in director Hwang In-roi’s last project, Return of Iljimae. This role will allow her to show a much lighter side, as she plays a cheery matchmaker who helps along the main loveline between Kim Hyun-joong and Jung So-min’s characters.

I’m not getting hopes up that Jung Hye-young’s role here will be too significant, which would be too bad because I loved her acting in Return of Iljimae. She was brilliant in it, as luminous as she was melancholy, and was a tremendous source of pathos and heart as Iljimae’s mother.

If interested, please read the rest at dramabeans.com Via TV Report, Hankyung *thank you*

• 4 months later...

December 9, 2010

Celebrity couple spreads the joy of charitable giving

By Kim Joon-sool [so@joongang.co.kr] joongangdaily.com

08203255.jpg

Jung Hye-young and Sean Ro say that making a donation

is something that everyone can do, whether it’s 100 won

or 100 million won. The couple makes regular contributions

to a variety of charities. [JoongAng Ilbo]

It’s one thing to talk about sharing the wealth, but it’s another thing entirely to actually do it. Celebrity couple Sean Ro, whose real name is Ro Seung-hwan, and Jung Hye-young have been giving their money away on a regular basis since they wed six years ago.

Ro, who is a rapper, and Jung, an actress, are famous for their annual ritual of donating 3.65 million won ($3,318) every October to celebrate their wedding anniversary. They save 10,000 won every day, and when the amount reaches 3.65 million won they give it to a charity that supports the homeless.

But their philanthropic spirit doesn’t end there.

The couple sponsors about 100 children in developing countries through Compassion Korea, a Christian charity. And instead of throwing parties to celebrate the first birthdays of each of their children - a significant event for Koreans - Ro and Jung donated the money they would have spent to a variety of charities. They also lead a Happy Family campaign, through which they fund wedding ceremonies for couples that can’t afford them on their own.

In June, netizens ranked the couple No. 1 among celebrity role models. The JoongAng Ilbo sat down with Ro and Jung to talk about their philosophy on sharing wealth.

Q. You were recently chosen as promotional representatives for Compassion Korea. Tell us about your relationship with the charity.

A. Ro: The first time I got to know Compassion Korea was in the summer of 2005. That was around the time when my wife and I had our first child. Everyone stresses the importance of early education, so I was thinking about what I could do for our unborn child. I decided I wanted her to learn what love is. So we sponsored three children overseas. One for me, one for my wife and one for my first child.

So how did you end up sponsoring more than 100 children?

We had originally planned to have four children. So we decided to support three more children, even though we only had one child at the time. [Ro and Jung now have three children.] The crucial moment came in May 2008 when my wife went to the Philippines to meet one of the children we were supporting. She realized that our monthly donation of 45,000 won had changed the life of one small girl. That was when we decided to give up buying our own house and keep donating.

But it must be difficult to help others.

Right. I always thought about helping others but it was hard to put my ideas into action. When I was working as a member of Jinusean [a hip-hop duo that was popular in the 1990s], I would donate money if I had much more than I needed. It was just a one-time donation. But when I settled down, I asked myself what would make us a happy family. My answer was sharing what we had.

Did your wife agree with the idea?

Jung: Absolutely!

What do you think about people who are suspicious of your intentions?

Ro: I know there are some people like that. About six years ago, there were more people who were suspicious about our motives, but now people know we’re not doing this to impress others.

What is your definition of sharing?

It’s something everyone can do. Everyone says they will start making donations when they become richer, but I don’t think that’s right. There are all different types of sharing. You can donate just a single 100 won coin or 100 million won.

What do you hope for your children?

I hope they will grow into people who make their neighbors happy.

• 1 month later...

January 19, 2011

Celebrity Couple Step Up Support for Haitian Children

2011011900607_1.jpg

Sean (left) and Jung Hye-young

Sean and Jung Hye-young will sponsor 100 more Haitian children in addition to six they already support.

The celebrity couple, known for their charitable donations, have helped over 100 children in 26 countries through Compassion Korea, which they are involved with as promotional ambassadors.

They will donate W45,000 (US$1=W1,116) monthly per each child in Haiti to help pay for their education and health care until they graduate from high school. "We thought about what we can do now as a year has passed since the earthquake," Sean said. "We decided that we need to give more support to the country."

The couple also donated W100 million for the reconstruction of the devastated country last year.

• 2 weeks later...

January 27, 2011

Sean, Jung Hye-young Expect 4th Child

2011012700543_0.jpg

Jung Hye-young (left) and Sean

Singer Sean and actress Jung Hye-young will be adding one more child to their family in August. They already have a daughter and two sons.

The couple are known for their charitable activities including sponsorship of more than 200 children in Korea and abroad as goodwill ambassadors for a children's charity.

Sean and Jeong Hye Young to Have Fourth Child

Source:

The most popular "good-deed couple," singer Sean and actress Jeong Hye Young, will deliver their fourth child. A close friend of the couple said on January 26, "Jeong is expecting her fourth child, and she is in the third month of pragnancy. The expected delivery date will be around August."

7667_2171_l.jpg

The couple already has three children, Ha Eum, Ha Rang, and Ha Yeul, and the couple is the representative star couple who has many children. A person in the entertainment industry said, "Sean and Jeong, who have actively participated in many good deeds so far by taking care of poor children through the Christian child sponsorship organization named Compassion International, has become another good example of having many children in this age of low fertility."

Guest adikkeluangman

Sean and Jung Hye Young donate on their daughter’s 5th birthday

Sean and his wife Jung Hye Young recently celebrated the 5th birthday of their first daughter, Ha Eum. In addition to this happy news, the couple shared an announcement about another donation that warmed the hearts of many.

On January 25th, Sean wrote on his minihompy, “Happy birthday to my daughter Ha Eum! Your presence alone brings me so much joy.” Adding on, “For you, I saved 10,000 won everyday for the past year. The 3,650,000 won will be a great gift to give to the 6th grade girl, who can’t hear, for her surgery. When you went to visit her at the hospital yesterday and said we should buy her a gift too, I choked up.”

Netizens who read this commented, “This is wonderful” and “I am touched”.

Meanwhile, the happy couple is expecting their fourth child.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/01/sean-and-jung-hye-young-donate-on-their-daughters-5th-birthday

Archived