[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA 신화 THREAD

Guest lenakeem

Guest Curly

Oh all these updates make my heart flutter so much!!!

It's the first time I'm experiencing Shinhwa as a whole in full action and I can't calm down from excitement!!!! I watched WinWin yesterday and I can't wait for a subbed version. They were fabulous in it and loooooooooove seeing their interactions and how they complete each other's sentences >< Oh gosh T_T

So looking forward to next weeeeeeek >''<

• Replies 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shinhwa Broadcast Pictures

Reminder: First opening special on March 17

4kg1n7.jpg

MINDY!! (is it just me or MinDy is so rare to come around...which makes me crave for them even more...honestly I ship everyone because each and every pairing has its own charm but...I'm craving for MinDy these days ^^)

rkrl82.jpg

Filming

k39c04.jpg

wb2hol.jpg

mcglg4.jpg

30hyi3s.jpg

Press conference for the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzihCl8pKg8

English translations credit: absolutshinhwa

SHINHWA BROADCAST Press Conference

2012.03.15 Jamsil Students’ Gymnasium

Eric: It’s a variety program starring the 6 members of Shinhwa. Under the format of ‘Shinhwa Broadcasting Station’, we will be presenting different concepts such as documentary, music, comedy, we’ll be trying out each genre. We’ll have fun recording and produce a show that will bring laughter to everyone.

Q: In ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’, is there a member who will take up the same type of role as Yoo Jae Suk?

Junjin: The format of our show makes all of us MCs. It’s not led by anyone in particular. Like what Eric-hyung said, we’re a group that has spent more than 14 years together and we’ve spent a lot of time living together, just like real brothers. We’ll work hard to show you things that are real, and also moving and interesting.

Dongwan: There’s no one here who can fill the shoes of someone like Yoo Jae Suk-sshi. As the 6 of us are working on this, although it’s important to have a leader, we’ll like to try a concept where we don’t have the equivalent of a Yoo Jae Suk-sshi.

Junjin: It will be a program brought to you by Shinhwa.

Q: Who’s the member with the best stamina?

Eric: Personally, from what I see, Junjin has natural stamina, whether it’s the start or up at the very end, he’s like our energizer. Junjin, please say something.

Junjin: I’ll embark on our activities with more energy. This has been the Energizer.

Get on Running Man and reunite with Yoo JaeSuk already~ :lol:

edit: haha I almost forgot about this silly one they took after recording for radio star

169f4g2.jpg

Guest LittlePinky82

I'm so glad the boys are back! I've been waiting for this for quite a long time. Love seeing the updates with their pictures and them on "Win Win." I haven't seen it yet. I think it's great they were honest about the plastic surgery. I personally don't care.  I just think it means more with people if you're honest about it. So good for them. Maybe they're at a time where they're comfortable with just being honest with the public compared to newer idol groups or something.

I love their pictures of them like working men haha. So cute. 

I'm kinda disappointed HOT isn't coming back. It would be great if them, Shinhwa, Babyvox, FINKL, SES could all be around again lol. 

Oh and a question on something I've been trying to wreck my brain trying to remember. Does anyone remember what year the boys went to North Korea with Babyvox? I can't remember what year that was. I'm wondering because their appearance with that is when I fell for them with "Perfect Man" and I'm just wondering how long it's been haha. 

Get on Running Man and reunite with Yoo JaeSuk already~ :lol:

edit: haha I almost forgot about this silly one they took after recording for radio star

Shinhwa on Running Man is top for us fans.... hope they'll get that in after their Seoul concerts and the other shows.... That silly feet photos after I stares at it for a while I start hallucinating which one is Junjin & Hyesung feets... I wonder who comes up with silly ideas for their selcas XDD

Oh and a question on something I've been trying to wreck my brain trying to remember. Does anyone remember what year the boys went to North Korea with Babyvox? I can't remember what year that was. I'm wondering because their appearance with that is when I fell for them with "Perfect Man" and I'm just wondering how long it's been haha. 

you meant the one where Shinhwa performed in front of an emotionless North Korean crowd? I think it was 2004? Some one correct me if I'm wrong :) I didn't know Babyvox went to North Korea with Shinhwa :)

[12.03.15] Shinhwa is the top choice for variety shows – “We’ll try our best to make as many appearances as possible”

Shinhwa, the original ‘variety idols’ who are celebrating their 14th anniversary this year, have been receiving a flurry of invitations from broadcasters.

Shinhwa recorded MBC’s ‘Golden Fishery – Radio Star’ on the afternoon of 14 March and will be recording for jTBC’s ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’ on 15 March. In addition, they are also in the process of fine-tuning appearance schedules for various variety programs. Among these programs is a leading reality variety show, and these appearances are set to allow the members to fully demonstrate their ‘variety sense’.

A rep for Shinhwa told OSEN, “They will be making more variety show appearances compared to before. Before and after the concert they will also try their best to make as many variety program appearances as possibly, so as to interact more closely with audiences. Of course the concert is still the most important thing so we re carefully fine-tuning the schedules.”

201203141607777622_1.jpg

‘Shinhwa Broadcast’ will air its first episode on 17 March. The rep added, “Although we haven’t seen the final edited version, the members have already finished one session of recording and things went very well. The expectations for the show are very high.”

Meanwhile, Shinhwa will be holding their comeback concert at the Olympic Park Gymnastics Arena over 24 and 25 March.

Credits: OSEN + Absolut Shinhwa

[12.03.15] Did you take a ride on Shinhwa’s time machine on ‘Win Win’?

‘Why aren’t there any of such thirty-somethings around me?’

After watching Shinhwa I let out a sigh. Such a shame, why don’t we have such thirty-somethings around us? Shinhwa, the longest-running idol group celebrating their 14th year, is as fabulous as ever.

On the 13 March episode of KBS 2TV’s ‘Win Win’, Shinhwa made their return to television after 4 years, and shared previously unknown behind-the-scenes stories from their 14 years together, as well as touched on topics like plastic surgery and relationships.

As the original ‘variety idols’, the Shinhwa members showed off their eloquence on the show. Kim Dongwan said amidst applause and laughter, “These days I’m slowly starting to look at the outward appearances of women”; and Junjin greatly amused the audience as he imitated the very pose he struck for Shinhwa’s nude photobook. Even the other members – Eric, Lee Minwoo, Shin Hyesung, Andy – drew fits of laughter from the studio audience.

But what drew the most attention was their unchanging appearances. Eric, Lee Minwoo, Shin Hyesung and Kim Dongwan were born in 1979 and are 34 years old this year; Junjin was born in 1980 while maknae Andy was born in 1981 and turned 32 this year. As they danced to their hit ‘T.O.P’ from 12 years ago, no traces of their thirty-something years could be seen.

Shinhwa, whose dazzling pretty boy looks are still intact, drew positive responses from viewers. “Looks like maintenance is really important”, “Did they take the time machine back to 10 years ago?”, “Counting down to their comeback”, “I hope the original idols Shinhwa will be together forever”.

Shinhwa, who were active as youth idols together with groups like H.O.T, have fulfilled their promise to “never disband” and have returned once again. Starting their 14th year of activities together, Shinhwa has truly become the legend of the idol world.

Credits: Newsen + Absolut Shinhwa

This one is a very long article but I really love it and it also mention about Andrew Jackson (who produces the music for the title track Venus) and his previous works. I tried to look up him up just to have feel for what to expect but was not able to find anything till this article ^^

[12.03.15] Now every step that Shinhwa takes is ‘the first’… It’s more than just selling memories

Currently, Korea’s music scene is mainly dominated by idols. Like it or not, it’s an undeniable fact. Because boy bands and girl groups are driving Korea’s digital music sales, album sales, concert sales, and they are also at the centre of the rapidly expanding K-pop wave.

And at this point in time, a somewhat unique group has returned to their fans. Seeing how the members have all passed the age of 30, this group can’t really be included into the ‘normal’ category of idols as we know it. But because they began as an idol group 14 years ago, placing the term ‘idol group’ in front of their group name doesn’t seem as awkward. The group in question is Shinhwa, made up of Eric, Lee Minwoo, Shin Hyesung, Kim Dongwan, Junjin and Andy. Of course the title of ‘longest-running’ will always follow them.

6-member Shinhwa debuted in March 1998, and after a 4-year hiatus, will be staging their comeback concert on 24th and 25th March at one of Korea’s largest indoor concert venues, the Olympic Park Gymnastics Arena. With the concert, they will also be resuming their group activities. The Shinhwa members couldn’t help but had to leave their fans for the past 4 years due to military obligations.

2012031509344337422_1.jpg

In the world of idol groups where groups blossom and fade fast, Shinhwa holds a special place. Because Shinhwa, celebrating their 14th anniversary this year, is Korea’s longest-running idol group. The fact that they haven’t had any change of members already places them at a very lofty position in the music industry.

Now, Shinhwa’s every step will all be firsts for not just the idol world, but the music industry. Because up until now, Korea has never seen an idol group that has lasted longer than Shinhwa has. This is also one of the reasons why the music industry is so interested in Shinhwa’s next steps.

Although Shinhwa is already attracting attention in every way, the one thing that cannot be overlooked is public opinion. What people call ‘selling memories’, which is to emphasize past glories and popularity, is exactly what shouldn’t be done.

Actually, the truth is, when singers or groups popular in the 80s and 90s make their comeback, most of them rely on their past fame, rather than to get in touch with current trends or to undergo a thorough transformation. Of course the outcome is obvious. They are welcomed only by the few hardcore fans they have left, while the general masses do not pay too much attention.

This can be applicable to Shinhwa too. So what Shinhwa has to face now is to make music that cater to the teens and the early 20s, who form the largest consumer demographics in today’s music industry, and to embark on ‘-ing’* type of activities. (*Translator's note: I take it to mean activities that are relevant for this day and age) At this point, the outlook for them is bright.

In the past 4 years, not only has the popularity of the members remained high, they have also been improving their music and performance skills, which they will be using to take on new challenges for their upcoming 10th album.

Lee Minwoo is proficient as a songwriter and a producer, Eric has demonstrated excellent rap-making skills, while Shin Hyesung, Kim Dongwan, Junjin and Andy have also released solo albums, further broadening their musical spectrum.

Based on such potential, for the title track of their 10th album, Shinhwa has chosen ‘Venus’, which is in the genre of electronica, a genre that Shinhwa has yet to try before. Electronica is currently very popular around the world, and ‘Venus’ has a melody written by foreign songwriters and lyrics penned by Lee Minwoo.

Shinhwa’s 10th album features the participation of several songwriters with distinctive personalities, including Yoon Il Sang, Kim Do Hyun who also wrote Lee Hyori’s ’10 Minutes’, Jae Chong, and Andrew Jackson who has worked with Aziatix, Britney Spears and Leona Lewis. It’s clear that Shinhwa has paid a lot of attention to the quality and popular appeal for the album.

Shinhwa has also spent 200 million won on producing the music video for ‘Venus’, putting their heart and soul into servicing the fans.

The comeback concert will also be an opportunity to reaffirm Shinhwa’s potential and development, and anticipation is high for this reason.

In the past 14 years, Shinhwa has held more domestic and overseas concerts than any other idol group, and the members would feel more at ease on stage.

Unlike other idol groups, Shinhwa’s concerts are not bound to a specific framework and enjoy greater freedom. Once the members get in the mood, they would have endless impromptu performances. It’s very common for a concert that was supposed to last 2 hours to go on close to 4 hours. This is why Shinhwa has often been said to be a group that shines even more at concerts. Based on this, Shinhwa will be able to fully demonstrate their worth at their comeback concert.

Shinhwa, who has been receiving attention in so many ways, every step they take from now on will be a first step for the music industry. Not just for their own musical development, but also for their junior idols, they have to keep evolving.

Credits: Star News + Absolut Shinhwa

Saw this popping up on my twitter T-line today....

SHCJ are such trolls HAHAHA

67dd6729tw1dr0lobb0xmj.jpg

Guest rice_baby

Ahhh.... sooo many updates.

I thought their Shinhwa special show was just doing to document their comeback but I'm excited to hear that it's going to be a variety program. This will be a great vehicle for them to stay current and in the front page. Arashi is a similar group that has had success with many variety shows of their own. Can't wait for the subtitled Win Win episode.

Guest bluecheese

sooooo anyone know where to buy the new album? i cant find it on yesasia and i want a limited edition release :/

i see that shcj is doing a pre-order thing, but is there an english website that sells it?

sooooo anyone know where to buy the new album? i cant find it on yesasia and i want a limited edition release :/

i see that shcj is doing a pre-order thing, but is there an english website that sells it?

yes, shinhwachangjo.net is doing the preorder and I think it helps boosts Shinhwa album sales too. I'm not too sure on that though.

haha so sorry, my brain is not functioning well right now. Well, but I think if we want to boost Shinhwa album sales, buying through shcj.net would help...

I made a thread for Shinhwa's variety show if you have anything to share, please do. Let's spread the love~

Shinhwa on Running Man is top for us fans.... hope they'll get that in after their Seoul concerts and the other shows.... That silly feet photos after I stares at it for a while I start hallucinating which one is Junjin & Hyesung feets... I wonder who comes up with silly ideas for their selcas XDD

Saw this popping up on my twitter T-line today....

SHCJ are such trolls HAHAHA

*quoted image*

I think every SHCJ are waiting for the day they'll announce they'll be going on RM haha....though I can't help thinking, that article you post about them: "Among these programs is a leading reality variety show" ...maybe I'm just being hopeful but are they talking about RM? XD

And I would like to nominate Eric for the weird feet idea lol....

That picture about members' height is hilarious...SHCJ are still at it like a boss :phew:

News

Shinhwa Fulfills Its Dreams with Its Own Variety Show

CJ E&M enewsWorld Kim, JiYeon

Translation Credit : Erika Kim

Shinhwa already had its official comeback press conference on March 5, but just 10 days later, on March 15, they appeared again in front of the press…in sweatsuits. What was going on?

On March 15, Shinhwa held a public shoot and press conference for its upcoming very own jTBC variety show, Shinhwa Broadcast.

fvd0zo.jpg

Eric couldn’t seem to hide how excited he was about the show, saying, “We’ve always wanted a program with just the six Shinhwa members in it, and now we’ve fulfilled that dream.”

The same went for the other members. “We finished shooting the first episode, and after the shoot I was so surprised. In the past, the members didn’t go this far for shoots. I was touched at how sincere they were and how hard they worked,” Jun Jin said.

The members were probably driven to work hard because it was their first comeback in four years, as each member individually went on hiatuses for many reasons, the biggest being their mandatory military services. They showed they were happy to be back, and were cheerful and lively all throughout the conference.

Shinhwa Broadcast is a variety show featuring the six Shinhwa members, that will have the members shoot various programs including documentaries, music shows and even comedy shows under the concept that the members own their own ‘Shinhwa Broadcasting System’.

More than anything, Shinhwa emphasized that the program would show how unreserved the members are when they come together.

Jun Jin said, “We’ll be showing the relationships and energy we built up during the 14 years the six of us were together without a specific MC,” a quote that shows that Shinhwa now hopes to approach the public with honesty more than outside appearances.

Eric finished, “While we shoot the program with our members for the first time in four years, we hope this program will become one that will age with our viewers, like Countryside Diaries.”

Photo credit: Hea Jung Min

source: http://www.enewsworld.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=4386

"Shinhwa emphasized that the program would show how unreserved the members are when they come together. "

I'm ready! :w00t:

Guest LittlePinky82

sooooo anyone know where to buy the new album?  i cant find it on yesasia and i want a limited edition release  :/

You can try Kpoptown.com maybe? They're great and their prices are very good. I ordered a cd from them for Christmas and it took me a week to get it. The cd I ordered was like $18. It came with a poster but I was silly and didn't order it right and didn't get it so I dunno how much a cd would be if it comes with a poster. I figure a little over $20? But I love Kpoptown. Everything there is priced reasonably. YesAsia last summer I ordered a cd and one more week it would have taken a month to get to me. They packaged everything nicely though it just took so long for some reason (and I don't live in the middle of nowhere or anything). Oh and they do count album's that you buy on Haneto! 

Ahhh.... sooo many updates.

I thought their Shinhwa special show was just doing to document their comeback but I'm excited to hear that it's going to be a variety program. This will be a great vehicle for them to stay current and in the front page. Arashi is a similar group that has had success with many variety shows of their own. Can't wait for the subtitled Win Win episode.

Any details about the variety program and what it's going to be? Oh gosh I love Arashi too! And yes them and Kat-Tun have had programs. Kat-tun had a talk show type of program you can see on AsianRice.tv I dunno how popular it was though. Even though I have a few Jpop groups I like I don't really follow them like I do Kpop. I'm mostly just a fan of the music and stuff. 

Shinhwa on Running Man is top for us fans.... hope they'll get that in after their Seoul concerts and the other shows....  That silly feet photos after I stares at it for a while I start hallucinating which one is Junjin & Hyesung feets... I wonder who comes up with silly ideas for their selcas XDD

you meant the one where Shinhwa performed in front of an emotionless North Korean crowd?  I think it was 2004?  Some one correct me if I'm wrong :)  I didn't know Babyvox went to North Korea with Shinhwa :)

Omg I'd love them to be on RM. I've only seen it once with another act (a girl group) and I so enjoyed it.

Lol yes that one. I tried to find it on Youtube but I couldn't find either performance anymore. I'm sure I have it on one of my Babyvox data discs where I kept everything lol. Who knows where they are though. Yeah. They both went. It was well let's say awkward lol.  I remember in the Shinhwa performance they showed some girls like in military uniforms (Navy maybe?They were wearing navy blue)  and they were giggling to each other I liked that lol. I just couldn't for the life of me remember what yr it was.  I just remember I was already a Babyvox fan and I'd seen Shinhwa with them before but didn't know they were an idol group haha. 

Guest battleuphoria

thank you for sharing the pictures! i am really excited for their variety show. the first time i heard it, i was really really expecting it to be more of a 'physical' game since it's more entertaining - something along the line of xman games. :D now that i see the pictures, i think i am going to enjoy it too much, but i am not hoping for them to get hurt in their physical game. seeing all 6 of them together is very exciting!! can't wait to watch their shows subbed. :)

Guest lady_b

shinhw is back, the 1st group or korean singer ever that made fall into Kpop deeply and even now, Shinhwa is my no 1 kpop star ^^

Guest rice_baby

Shinhwa’s Minwoo wants to invite Girls’ Generation as guests on ‘Shinhwa Broadcast’

20210316_shinhwabroadcast_2.jpg

On March 15th, the members of Shinhwa gathered for the press conference of their upcoming variety show, ‘Shinhwa Broadcast‘.

The men were asked who they would want to invite as a guest on their show, to which Minwoo replied, “I want to meet every female idol group. Girl groups are a source of big strength for male groups.”

He continued, “Right now, I can’t think of anyone but Girls’ Generation. I think it’d be fun if we pretended to be them, too.”

Hyesung added, “For now, the show’s concept is according to what we want. I’d love to invite Jun Jin’s father, Charlie Park. We’ve worked with him for a long time so it’d make for a fun episode. I think it’d also be fun to bring in our parents in a later episode.”

Their new show will air on March 17th through jTBC!

20120316_shinhwabroadcast_1.jpg

Credits: allkpop

Crazy pic spam

2012031606407_2012031696321.jpg

2012031606877_2012031696251.jpg

105508_67801_1326.jpg

105506_67799_1132.jpg

105510_67803_1514.jpg

105509_67802_1422.jpg

105507_67800_1236.jpg

2012031607197_2012031696101.jpg

20120316093457_1_rstarjun.jpg

32380f21000293c14b09fc11e7e12ff8.jpg

2012031606627_2012031696301.jpg

2012031606907_2012031696241.jpg

2012031606557_2012031696311.jpg

89e15ea5bc9eb99dda111ae1d4dd5ee5.jpg

2012031607167_2012031696161.jpg

Credits: vitalsign@ allkpop.com, nate, absoluteshinhwa

Guest kfosho

okay i have been all over shinhwa again...just like i did when i was 15ish.

so i always and i mean always re watch shinhwa in love letter.

however, all the videos are like gone???? where are they?

i remember clicking favorite on every video on youtube, but looks like they have been all deleted.

anybody know where i can watch them? i don't need subs, just the videos (:

and can't wait for tom!!! yeek so excited. i hope that its like 5 hours long.

so glad shinhwa is back (: (: (: (:

Guest LittlePinky82

Looking forward to the new show! On the Soompi article Eric said the show is planned for longterm so I'm happy about that. They're doing that as a way to keep a relationship with the public. It would be cute to see the guys with a girl group that's popular today. GG is good with variety programs. SME has a good relationship with JTBC since they did the "Dangerous Boys" show (which was great imo). 

Guest Clah_Kyo

is so nice to see this thread active and to hear them. 

Hiii blush.gif  I'm Clara,brazilian living in Portugal.

Archived