[Variety] Infinity Challenge 무한도전

Guest luckyyou

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

PD Kim Tae ho is set to leave Infinity Challenge at the end of February.  Kim Tae ho was promoted recently so hard to juggle two jobs at once plus he seems exhausted.  Infinite Challenge Season 2 will start in March.   The PD(isn't she female?) from I Live Alone is set to replace him.  The current cast remaining seems to be up in the air.

http://www.viva100.com/main/view.php?key=20180204010001100

MBC is considering moving the show to a seasonal format.  I can see the advantages in a seasonal format , more time to prep shows,  improved quality of writing, less over worked cast  and crew members, better audience figures due to anticipation.   Look at the viewing figures that PD Na 9-10 episode  show runs  get and all of them can be considered seasonal.

• 4 weeks later...

Producer Kim Tae-ho to leave popular variety show ‘Infinite Challenge’

MBC producer Kim Tae-ho will leave popular variety show “Infinite Challenge,” where he’s been since the inception of the show in 2006, an official at the network told Yonhap News Agency Tuesday.

Kwon Seok, head of the entertainment department at MBC, said “Kim is going to stop producing ‘Infinite Challenge.’

“But he will be involved in ‘Infinite Challenge’ one way or another, and we are discussing the matter at the moment,” he said. 

Earlier this month, the network said it would revamp the popular variety program in March in line with its spring season program restructuring. Soon after, rumors were circulating that Kim would leave the network, as he had often talked about his fatigue from having produced the show for more than 10 years without a break.

This file photo shows MBC producer Kim Tae-ho. (Yonhap)

In a phone interview with Yonhap, he rejected the rumor, saying that he would continue working at the network.
Asked about his departure from “Infinite Challenge,” he avoided answering directly but said, “It is already out there.”

“I feel uncomfortable about my issue being discussed. And I feel sorry for the team at ‘Infinite Challenge,’” he said. “The company is discussing the issue at the moment and it will tell you about the spring restructuring.”

Other members of the cast, including popular comedians Yoo Jae-suk and Park Myeong-su, are reported to have opposed his leaving the show. 

The long-running program is arguably the most successful entertainment show in Korea. 

The program has 40 advertisers and generates 522 million won ($487,750) a week in TV advertising. It makes a handsome profit from other promotional activities, such as selling calendars, part of which is donated to charity.

For the two previous weeks, the show has aired special episodes in which disbanded first-generation K-pop boy band H.O.T. temporarily regrouped for the first time in 17 years to stage a special performance. The viewership ratings were over 13 percent according to Nielsen Korea.

“It feels like we all time-traveled. It was possible thanks to the hard work by our writers and the members of H.O.T.,” Kim said.
“We can’t be carried away over the success of the episodes. We are preparing for the next episode.” (Yonhap)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201802271533525855709_2

hope ol member still can join this show.. i just dont  like sehyung-saeho on this show esp sehyung . i find he dont funny when he always say bad toward junha-myungsoo. and he always right etc...

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/06/infinite-challenge-announces-end-date-current-season/

Infinite Challenge” Announces End Date Of Current Season

MBC has revealed more details on the upcoming transition for “Infinite Challenge.”

On March 7, Kwon Suk, the director of MBC’s variety department, met with reporters after a press conference to answer questions about “Infinite Challenge.”

Responding to the reports of potential member changes, he commented, “We are in discussion with the ‘Infinite Challenge’ members. We also want all the current members to continue together. We have been having phone calls and meetings, but each member has different thoughts, and they said they will discuss with each other. There has been no decision on members leaving yet.”

The last episode with PD Kim Tae Ho is set to air on March 31. On how the program will continue afterwards with PD Choi Haeng Ho, Kwon Suk shared, “We don’t know if we will immediately continue filming with the second season in April.” He added that Kim Tae Ho’s idea was to take a break before the next season, and this is an option that is also being discussed.

Kwon Suk concluded, “We will end [the season] well,” and asked viewers to look forward to it.

Source (1)

• 4 weeks later...

PD Infinite Challenge explains why he had to end program 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201803301947333538573_2 

For the last 13 years, MBC’s “Infinite Challenge” has been more than a just a ludicrous variety show. As one of Korea’s oldest-running and most successful shows, it was like a welcome-rain to people who used to say “Watching the show on Saturday is the highlight of my week.” And when MBC announced the show’s finale for this Saturday, many might have felt wistful, as if bidding goodbye to an old friend.

For the show’s program director Kim Tae-ho, however, those years haven’t always been joyful. Opening up about his deep struggles, he explained why Korea’s beloved variety show had to come to an end.

“I was always afraid of next week, with my head always full of ‘What should we do next week?’ even after some episodes were highly acclaimed. I wished it could be the last week shooting ‘Infinite Challenge,’” said Kim during a press conference held for the program’s end in Seoul on Friday.

Through the program, Kim became a star producer whose name almost became a brand. But tied up in the cut-throat schedules and nerve-wrecking burdens that come with the show, Kim, who is also a father, became detached from his family. And most importantly, he was worn out, depleted of creative ideas and was in need of refreshment.

“When working for the program, I valued the show’s color over wealth or reputation. But keeping that color was hard, which even hurt my self-esteem. After contemplating over the problem, I realized the color of the program was ‘my’ color as well. And I decided to take a rest. I feel like a piece of clothing that has been washed and dried already, feel emptiness. I need to fill myself again,” he said.

Kim said he plans to focus on spending time with his family, teaching his young son Korean, reading the complete series of world literature and traveling around.

Throughout more than a decade, Kim has stood firm dealing with small and big controversies caused by “Infinite Challenge,” ranging from netizens bombarding the show’s online bulletin board with criticism to original member Noh Hong-chul stepping down after being caught driving under the influence in 2014. But the program has been able to keep its special place within this fast-paced world of variety shows by keenly touching on history, social issues and politics, such as the election system.

“Some raised eyebrows on our show’s approach, but I always wanted to throw questions that could relate to our viewers through the program,” Kim said.

Expressing his wistfulness for the cast members Yoo Jae-suk, Park Myung-su, Jeong Jun-ha, Haha, Yang Se-hyung and Jo Se-ho, Kim also said he felt regretful for not being able to pay full attention to the members’ personal issues and emotions.

Kim didn’t give definite answers to questions on his future plan and the possibility of the program’s revival. There have been rumors that Kim has been suggested with posts in other big name companies, but Kim denied such speculations, confirming his stay in MBC.

“I can’t promise that I will make the season two of ‘Infinite Challenge,’ as I need time to figure things out first. But one thing I can tell is that I will return with a program that has its own color, whether it caters to the public’s taste or not,” he said.

Expressing his gratitude once again, he added, “I’m still in the process of accepting this new reality, and so will the members. I didn’t close my ears because I wanted to avoid criticism. It was just hard for us to broadcast uninteresting shows and pretend they were interesting, as we knew better than anyone else about the program’s problem. Please send your support to the members and their individual careers.”

A new variety program will follow “Infinite Challenge,” which airs its last episode on Saturday. MBC producer Choi Haeng-ho will helm the new show.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived