Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

*** On the March 31 episode of “MMTG,” Lee Joon Gi appeared as a guest and was interviewed by the host JaeJae. He mentioned the drama “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”. He commented that he received good energy from [the cast]. He said that even now, little kids who ask for his autograph don’t know his other projects and only know ‘Scarlet Heart: Goryeo.'” When JaeJae mentioned that the fans want a second season, he added that he also hope for season two. He said that they talked a lot about that.” Then JaeJae joked that they should have a reunion. Lee Joon Gi opened up about the unreleased ending of the drama, saying that they filmed the scene where [Wang So] and Hae Soo meet again. He approaches her in a suit as a stranger and hands her a handkerchief. When she looks at him, he [stands there] like someone who doesn’t know anything [about what happened in Goryeo]. Then he added that he believes the director was in a dilemma until the very end. [either they should go for an ending] that’s deeper and painful, or [should  they go for an ending] that gives a feeling of hope? He thought it would’ve been included in the DVD, but it was blocked. Lee Joon Gi joked that he likes it when his fans are sad. So he won’t show this to them! - hahaha - LJK is so naughty! I love the hopeful ending.  The drama was so good.   :kaching1:

lee-joon-gi-jaejae.jpg

iu-lee-joon-gi.jpg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=311&aid=0001428211

• Like 4

13 April K-Drama Premieres To Get Excited About

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Several dramas with diverse genres and star-studded casts are gearing up to premiere this month!

Here’s what to anticipate in April:

“Again My Life”

again-my-life1.jpeg

Cast: Lee Joon Gi, Lee Kyung Young, Kim Ji Eun, Jung Sang Hoon, Choi Kwang Il, Kim Jae Kyung, Hong Bi Ra, Park Chul Min, Kim Hee Jung, Kim Hyung Muk, Hyun Woo Sung, Kim Jin Woo, Lee Soon Jae, etc.

Premiere Date: April 8

Broadcast Details: Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST on SBS

“Again My Life” is a drama about a young prosecutor who gets a second chance at justice after failing to bring down a powerful person. Lee Joon Gi stars as Kim Hee Woo, who was unjustly killed while investigating a corrupt politician but unexpectedly gets a second chance at life. Kim Ji Eun stars as Kim Hee Ah, a genius and the youngest daughter of Cheonha Group’s CEO.

Watch a teaser below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

An Alternative Ending To “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo” Was Actually Filmed — Here’s What It Was Supposed To Be According To Lee Joon Gi

All the what-ifs…

5zJatUZ9KEMuoh7mUkkNoxJtQwb6ZhiJisPzjS8p

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo was one of the most popular dramas of 2016. It had an all-star cast of Lee Joon Gi, IU, Kang Ha Neul, Nam Joo Hyuk, Girls’ Generation‘s Seohyun, and EXO’s Baekhyun. The main couple, Hae Soo (played by IU) and Wang So (played by Lee Joon Gi), stole hearts with their chemistry. They had great romantic and sweet scenes, such as this adorable peck…

…but everyone’s hearts were ripped apart with the ending. Originally from modern-day Korea, Go Ha Jin was thrust into ancient Goguryeo and took on the identity of Hae Soo, the younger sister of a court lady wed to one of the princes. She experienced many trials and tribulations, falling in love with Wang Wook at first, then coming to care for Wang So.

Ultimately, she was forced into exile near the borders due to misunderstandings and jealousy and took ill. Hae Soo returned to her own time after passing away in ancient Goguryeo. Now, as Go Ha Jin once more, she visits an exhibition on history and comes across a painting of Wang So. She tears up as all her memories from the past return.

Cruel, huh? She went through all the pain only to end up alone, while Wang So also died a lonely death after his reign.

Fans were outraged at the unsatisfying ending. The silver lining is that Lee Joon Gi himself admitted that they had filmed an alternate ending that was never aired.

On a recent episode of MMTG, Lee Joon Gi shared that he knew fans had been left wanting with the aired ending. Fans were initially made aware of an alternative ending thanks to photos shared by IU on her Instagram previously. But IU had never revealed what the scene was about. Lee Joon Gi finally satiated fans’ curiosity.

aCo7QV1EtTVwAF2h0tNxbdxuYrWEUx-kQQZSYy73

In the alternative ending, Wang So’s reincarnation walks up to a crying Hae Soo and hands her a handkerchief. He is wearing a suit and completely doesn’t know who she is. She looks up at him as if asking if he remembers her. With a smile, he walks away. Hae Soo gets up to go. They both turn around at the same time and meet eyes. Hae Soo smiles at him, and they both part ways.

The alternative ending did not make it out into the world thanks to the director who stopped it from even appearing in the DVD collection. The director had been in a dilemma about a sad vs. happy ending for ages and finally decided on a sad one. At least we finally know what could’ve been! Check out his full episode on MMTG below.

Spoiler

source : Koreaboo

• Like 4

*** Viu platform was the no. 1 premium video on demand platform in terms of the number of monthly average users (MAUS) in SouthEast Asia. This comes from the latest Media Partners Asia (MPA) AMPD Research report for Q4 2021. They also revealed that Viu is once again ahead of other major streaming platforms in SouthEast Asia and continued to be the highest for all quarters of last year. "Again My Life" is one Viu originals, which is set for release soon.  

:popcornjackson:

• Thanks 2

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 Stressful But Cathartic K-Dramas Perfect For Binge Watching

photo1458217.jpg

Have you ever found yourself a little too invested in a chaotic K-Drama just because it gives you a strange thrill that you can't quite put a finger on? If so, you're not alone. Much like spicy food, some K-Dramas that appear stressful can be rather enjoyable and even trigger catharsis! Here are 10 stressful but cathartic K-Dramas that you can add to your binge list!

photo1458211.jpg

"Flower of Evil"

An action thriller turned psychological mystery, "Flower of Evil" is a riveting piece of art that you'll feel compelled to finish in one sitting.

Lee Joon-gi and Moon Chae-won are brilliantly nuanced as Baek Hee-seong, a man with a fractured identity and Cha Ji-won, a homicide detective seeking the truth even if it's at the cost of her reality. "Flower of Evil" is a contemporary masterpiece.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://www.hancinema.net/ishani-s-picks-top-10-stressful-but-cathartic-k-dramas-perfect-for-binge-watching-159173.html

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

It's Summertime: 8 K-Dramas To Watch This April 2022

3. Again, My Life (April 8)

The cast: Lee Joon Gi, Kim Ji Eun, Lee Kyung Young, Jung Sang Hoon

Where you can watch it: Viu

The plot, according to Soompi: "Again My Life is a drama about a young prosecutor who gets a second chance at justice after failing to bring down a powerful person."

(skipped unrelated.....) 

credit https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/april-2022-k-dramas-a4575-20220405?ref=home_feed_1

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

12 Great Gateway K-Dramas To Introduce To Your Friends

Trying to get that friend into the wonderful world of K-dramas? There are a lot out there, and one is bound to suck your friends in. All it really takes is one good drama! We’d visited this topic before about K-dramas to introduce to your friends, and although it is a solid list, here are 12 more to add.

1. “Flower of Evil

flower-of-evil1.jpeg

Lee Joon Gi stars alongside Moon Chae Won in the mystery thriller “Flower of Evil.” His character Baek Hee Sung is a perfect husband and doting father to a little girl. To the visible eye, he is perfect, but there’s another life he leads – one filled with murder, deceit, and lies. His wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) is a detective and is in the midst of a cat-and-mouse hunt that will lead her to her husband as the prime suspect.

This one is basically fail-proof. People do not really know what to expect in the first few episodes of this series, but as soon as you’re invested, you won’t regret it. Your friends will enjoy the mystery thriller aspect of the storyline but will also appreciate the incredible acting by the main leads. The story has many layers, so many aspects of it will stick with you even after it’s done. It’s guaranteed to leave an impression on anyone and will undoubtedly kickstart a K-drama obsession!

flower-of-evil.gif

Watch the first episode:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

*** SBS’s “Again My Life” has unveiled new stills of Lee Joon Gi! The first set of stills show Kim Hee Woo at the pier.  Another set of stills show Kim Hee Woo experiencing a heart-wrenching moment. He reads a mysterious note that was placed next to a fully prepared meal. 

“Again My Life” premieres TONIGHT April 8 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki!  Finally... it's D-DAY! Can't wait to see LJK back on the screen again. I'm excited.   :heart1:

Lee-Joon-Gi-3.jpg

Lee-Joon-Gi-1.jpg

Lee-Joon-Gi-4.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Joon-Gi-5.jpeg

Lee-Joon-Gi-2.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=108&aid=0003042397

• Love 3

3 Reasons To Tune In To The Premiere Of New Revenge Drama “Again My Life”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

SBS’s “Again My Life” is gearing up for its premiere!

“Again My Life” is a drama about a young prosecutor who gets a second chance at justice after failing to bring down a powerful person. Lee Joon Gi stars as Kim Hee Woo, who was unjustly killed while investigating a corrupt politician but unexpectedly gets a second chance at life. Kim Ji Eun stars as Kim Hee Ah, a genius and the youngest daughter of Cheonha Group’s CEO.

Ahead of the drama’s premiere, “Again My Life” shared three points to look out for in the drama:

Spoiler

1. Lee Joon Gi’s return

“Again My Life” has already garnered much attention as it marks the return of Lee Joon Gi on the small screen, and viewers are anticipating his emotional portrayal as well as his acting skills. Previously, Lee Joon Gi shared, “The subject of ‘Again My Life’ itself is so interesting, so I felt attracted to the story. In particular, I became very interested in the thought of how fun it would be if I melded in the strengths I like and enjoy into the character of Kim Hee Woo, and I think he is a character I met by fate at this point in time.”

Lee Joon Gi will add to the charms of an intriguing character of a prosecutor fighting for justice in his second life. The actor added, “‘Again My Life’ isn’t a difficult or provocative drama, so I think it’ll be great if viewers enjoy it easily and comfortably. I hope this becomes an enjoyable present through which viewers can at least de-stress a little at the end of an exhausting day.”

Lee-Joon-Gi-21.jpeg

2. Phenomenal chemistry between characters

In addition to Lee Joon Gi, talented actors Kim Ji Eun, Jung Sang Hoon, and Kim Jae Kyung will heighten the quality of the drama. This squad will play a pivotal role in Kim Hee Woo getting revenge and fighting for justice. Kim Ji Eun’s Kim Hee Ah is a genius chaebol heiress with firm convictions who teams up with Kim Hee Woo after he returns to 15 years before his death. Jung Sang Hoon plays the role of Lee Min Soo, Kim Hee Woo’s close friend and fellow lawyer, while Kim Jae Kyung takes on the role of Kim Han Mi who eventually becomes Kim Hee Woo’s ally.

kim-ji-eun-1.jpeg

Along with these four are Hong Bi Ra as Kim Gyu Ri, Ji Chan as Park Sang Min, and Lee Soon Jae as Woo Young Soo. The inner circle of villains is also portrayed by skilled actors, consisting of Lee Kyung Young as Jo Tae Sub, Choi Kwang Il as Kim Seok Hoon, Kim Hyung Muk as Jung Il Hyun, and Hyun Woo Sung as Doctor K.

Again-My-Life-3.jpg

3. Refreshing and satisfying plot

The upcoming drama will depict the story of a prosecutor who takes the opportunity at a second life and uses information from his first life to thoroughly plan the downfall of each and every villain he couldn’t get revenge on. Kim Hee Woo revives deadlier and fiercer than before in order to fight injustice. His ability to take down evil will deliver great thrill and satisfaction to viewers. Nevertheless, the story still remains unpredictable since Kim Hee Woo will begin to change his own future by becoming well-versed in law, politics, real estate, and more. Not to mention, unexpected twists will occur, making viewers unable to take their eyes off the screen.

Lee-Joon-Gi.jpeg

“Again My Life” premieres on April 8 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki!

Watch a teaser for the drama below:

Watch Now

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

*** SBS’s “Again My Life” is off to a promising start! Last night April 8, the highly-anticipated drama finally aired its premiere. According to Nielsen Korea, the broadcast scored an average nationwide rating of 5.8 percent, making it the most-watched Friday-Saturday drama of the night. The drama also took first place in its time slot across all channels. The first episode was good. Lee Joon Gi was excellent. But, may the ratings increase as the EP progresses.  :heart2beat:

0000151144_001_20220409095901548.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=408&aid=0000151144

• Love 4

*** On the first episode of “Again My Life,” Kim Hee Woo attempted to take Jo Tae Sub (Lee Kyung Young) down but was murdered instead. These stills were captures from the 2nd EP just aired today. These give excitement for the next plot developments.

Episode 2 of “Again My Life” aired just now April 9 at 10 p.m. KST.  I'm still waiting for subs on Viki.   :ohboy2:

Lee-Joon-Gi1.jpeg

Again-My-Life-1.jpeg

Again-My-Life-21.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=609&aid=0000560751

• Love 3

*** After getting off to a solid start the night before, “Again My Life”  rose in viewership for its second episode. I'm happy for the rise. It earned an average nationwide rating of 6.4 percent for its latest broadcast. Lee Joon Gi is amazing and liking the story/concept. Episode 2 was fantastic. It's good. I think putting "Again My Life" on a Fri-Sat timeslot is a good choice.  :kisslevel:

0000281925_001_20220410093601675.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=416&aid=0000281925

• Love 4