Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

LJG's IG has grown to 1.4 million followers now:

my5eiZf.jpg

And thanks @larus for sharing the koala's article about MLSHR-finale fanmeet with LJG.

I haven't checked out koalasplayground in a while, because there's no MLSHR recap there. But I just checked it out this morning, and this part of the article regarding the fanmeet makes me want to laugh & cry:

What to make of Lee Jun Ki after the debacle that is K-Bu Bu Jing Xin? A new career high due to being the best thing in a complete hot mess? Perhaps, but ultimately he’s carved out a fifteen year plus acting and singing career being so darn optimistic and earnest about each and every endeavor. He’s basically the multi-talented and supremely good looking chipmunk that teaches all of us the rewards of hard work and a great attitude.

I don't always agree with koala, but I've always admired the sardonic edge in her posts. And here, I can't phrase it better myself. It's truly admirable how LJG has given his heart & soul to every single project throughout his career. No matter what my feelings are about MLSHR production as a whole, I am glad that he is the kind of actor that can take it with good attitude & optimism.

But after Scholars & MLSHR, both of which are mired in production flaws, I really hope he will get to act in a drama he truly deserves. LJG is Wang So, there's no denying that..... and Wang So is MLSHR. But being known as the only saving grace in failed productions, even though it might not affect his portfolio much, cannot be good for his psyche. I hope he will announce his new project soon (and I'm not talking about the fluff web-drama for Lotte-Duty-Free), before the fervor of his fan-base peters out.

I truly wish him & the rest of the MLSHR cast well; they all deserve a huge round of applause for their hard work & dedication. Even though SBS's attitude towards the drama is not in the best place right now, I hope they will still recognize LJG's & KHN's performance during the award season. Oh, and the costume team too! All the costumes are absolutely gorgeous.

• Like 15

22 hours ago, kiinn said:

Hello, may I ask a few things regarding this kind of FM? I'm curious, I have never participated in this kind of thing, so I really have zero idea about how it usually goes. I also hope they choose SG. So, with this kind of overseas tour, does it mean it is open/ free for public? ( or you have to be a member of fanclub?) how do they usually announce and how to get chosen to attend?

Thank you!

Hi @kiinn. I have not attended any FM of Lee Joongi yet since I became his fan only recently,  but i think the ticket selling  process is the same as the other FM's I had attended  which  is similar to live concerts.  The actor's agency usually will come up with an announcement as to where and  how to buy the tickets  In case of the Hongkong FM i attended, ticket sales was handled by Hongkong Ticketing Office  which is the same ticketing outlets  for k-idol concerts held in Hongkong. Payment is made thru credit card and tickets were claimed at the ticketing office near the venue or you may  have  the option to have ticket  mailed to your but the problem here , they are not responsible in case ticket gets lost in transit . In Seoul FM which was sponsored by  actor's korea official fan club, I sent  the payment via wire transfer, then claim ticket also at the venue in Seoul.  Usually, seats are pre- assigned. The nearer you are to the stage, the more expensive is the cost of the ticket.   You can also go to the airport to welcome the actor together with other fans..  In case LJG agency decides to hold FM in SG and you decide to go, send me a private message so we can talk about it.. I will go if my schedule permits.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, zi4r said:

Oh, and the costume team too! All the costumes are absolutely gorgeous.

Joon Gi had the best wardrobe especially in the beginning despite the mostly black ensembles which I frankly love more than his more colourful hanbok. IU and Kang Han Na's costumes also very lovely especially towards the end. But I can't say the same about the rest. The other princes' wardrobe were not living up to their status as princes...thank goodness they layered them with the black sheer material post Taejo's reign because I find that their princely robe rather underwhelming and not royal at all. And idk if this fault came from the costume or make-up department but I could never forgive that one person who decided to place that hideous headpiece on Joon Gi in episode 20. WTH is that for? And Jung's sideburn? 

• Like 12

25 minutes ago, lyserose said:

Joon Gi had the best wardrobe especially in the beginning despite the mostly black ensembles which I frankly love more than his more colourful hanbok. IU and Kang Han Na's costumes also very lovely especially towards the end. But I can't say the same about the rest. The other princes' wardrobe were not living up to their status as princes...thank goodness they layered them with the black sheer material post Taejo's reign because I find that their princely robe rather underwhelming and not royal at all. And idk if this fault came from the costume or make-up department but I could never forgive that one person who decided to place that hideous headpiece on Joon Gi in episode 20. WTH is that for? And Jung's sideburn? 

That crown was probably a replica of a crown in historical pictures. It looked very uncomfortable to wear. :lol:

• Like 7

even though i liked this dama so much glad it ended hope his next drama will have better staff and cast specifically good female lead plus am i the only one who still wants to see him in sageuk?

• Like 1

@willenette  hello! thank you for explaining about this to me. I see.....now it sounds pretty interesting. I don't think I would fly to Korea specially for FM, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to sign up for his fan-club to get updates for his events. Do you happen to know LJG fc's web address? I tried to google around but couldn't find one. ( do we have to pay to join this type of club?)

@AliciaA hello! thank you for your kind and detail explanation! Glad to know the seats are pre-assigned. But I heard this type of tickets usually sold out within minutes? Then how can we get our hands on it? :sweatingbullets: Do they announce the sales date first, then we need to stand by / virtual queue on the date? Yes, I think I'd like to go if I could! Sure, I'll PM you! I don't have any fandom friends, and I'm quite shy, hehe. But, please feel free to poke me, if you've got any news about his FM in SG.

Thank you so much! 

(´∀`*)

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Lee Joon gi was spotted this evening in a supermarket alone by an exo fan in Korea. Cant see his face clearly, but  read on weibo and a veteran joongi has confirmed that he owns that jacket for many years.

I posted the pix on the shipper's thread in the link.

link

Such sharp-eyed fans :blink: Looking for some fresh beef for bbq? LOL

• Like 7

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

Lee Joon gi was spotted this evening in a supermarket alone by an exo fan in Korea. Cant see his face clearly, but  read on weibo and a veteran joongi has confirmed that he owns that jacket for many years.

I posted the pix on the shipper's thread in the link. 1st and 6th post on that page.

link

It's nice to have a sight of him but things are changing it seems. I don't remember him being spotted in his free time from the last two years I've been following him (or did I forget ?). He said people don't recognize him on the streets. Well, not anymore ^^ Have to be careful of the Exo fans network xD

• Like 14

On 3.11.2016 at 11:14 AM, elisluvgeunscouple said:

He said nam sang mi is the best kisser so far lol 

Hmm interesting. Imho he had the most beautiful and passionate kisses in his last drama (ooooohhhh remember the one after Hae Soo took care of his wounds??? phew!). He had fantastic kisses with Nam Sang Mi in TBDAW but in JG they both cried whenever they kissed. Although I like the cave kiss. :)

On 3.11.2016 at 0:21 PM, leesopark16 said:

I think Lee Yubi was really more willing to participate in SWWTN kiss scenes than what the director let her do ah ah.

Lucky girl she had so many occasions! Anyone counted kisses i SWWTN? They were so many...! :wub:

On 3.11.2016 at 1:17 PM, larus said:

I think we have to stop comparing the kisses. 

You bad girl want to take the fun away from me? ;)

I don't like "dead fish" & "wall kiss", can't do anything about it but I know actors have to do what directors says. Nevertheless I like to see kisses that look real 'cause... let's just face it - if they want to persuade me that two characters love each other they can't kiss like preschoolers. Joon Gi's kisses from ML are perfect. They're passionate and hot but at the same time they have some kind of innocence so no one can feel embarrased or outraged. ;)

On 3.11.2016 at 5:38 PM, leesopark16 said:

The scene was done right and meant to be intense. And the lady fought back ! Good ! Too bad he managed to catch her hand because, yes, he did deserve that slap ^^ Yup, this character really suited him and he got that bad boy vibe right. I love Kay. I might go and rewatch TBDAW really soon. 

Oh yes he deserved the slap! 

If I can elaborate for a second about kisses in k-dramas. I don't understand one thing. There were many people outraged by the kiss in Heirs (Lee Min Ho + Park Shin Hye), some of them even suggested something around kissing-rape (which is weird 'cause if you look closely she actually answered the kiss) but I don't remember anything like that when mentioned the real attack with kissing with woman fighting with the guy in TBDAW. But I think there are things I'll never understand.

On 4.11.2016 at 5:02 AM, luvkstyle said:

Yes I do agree that this is his best character role.  I think it must have been a very challenging role.  The character Wang So/Gwangjong is quite a complex person given his background and rise to become King of Goryeo, let alone his relationship with Hae Soo.  Joon Gi conveyed all the nuances of this personality and his growth/changes from Wang So to Gwangjong - his expressions were so on point that you felt he was Wang So and was truly feeling what he was showing us, that he was finding this deep within himself. 

I so agree! I can't praise him enough for his job.

On 4.11.2016 at 5:02 AM, luvkstyle said:

Hmm I'm struggling to express myself - trying to use superlatives that are not just 'amazing' or 'great' or 'fantastic' haha. 

Tell me about it, I always have the same problem. ;)

On 4.11.2016 at 3:43 AM, willenette said:

He declares that "Wang So" is the coolest/best character he is ever taken on in his life. Do you agree? :P

Yes. I think Wang So is the most complicated role he played so far and since he did his job beautifully... yup, that's his best role. I love that he challenged himself and did it. He could prove that he can play so complex and difficult characters. He proved that he's an excellent actor. :)

On 4.11.2016 at 4:13 PM, meme gogo said:

am i the only one who still wants to see him in sageuk?

Nope, you're not. I want to see him in saeguk too. Although I won't say "no" to modern drama at all. 

Hmm... I'll be happy to see his another drama, no matter modern or saeguk.

• Like 16

On 04/11/2016 at 11:13 PM, meme gogo said:

even though i liked this dama so much glad it ended hope his next drama will have better staff and cast specifically good female lead plus am i the only one who still wants to see him in sageuk?

Same here. I still want to see him in another sageuk, preferably pre-Joseon saeguk with than mane of glory. I am confident that he will win "Mane of Glory" category for the year end's poll at Dramabeans (everyone there been debating and comparing the Hwarang's flower boys look against Wang So and he still remain supreme). 

And I hope he will find a solid team to work with and an actress of his calibre and acting par with him. As at today, Shin Mina is his only leading lady that can match his charisma on-screen. He definitely needs a charismatic actress to be his next lead actress and gosh, I am praying so hard for Ha Ji Won, Moon Chae Won or Park Shin Hye. Wish him all the best in his future endeavour and a successful project both on domestic and international platform.

• Like 10