Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

cheer1-onion-head-emoticon.gif  HAPPY 1500 PAGES EVERYONE!!!   cheer2-onion-head-emoticon.gif

1 hour ago, chickenchopflipflop said:

its quite widely known that LJG is beyond nice and approachable to his fans. but i would also like to point out that his fandom is exceptional in a lot of ways, which explains why he is always so nice to them compared to other k-stars to their fans:

1) when Arang first aired, HK fans bought train platform advertising to help promote his drama 
2) when scholar and moon lovers aired, china fans invested in bus wrap advertising to help him promote his drama overseas. I am a marketer, and i know that those outdoor advertising the fans spent their money on is ridiculously expensive! (can cost in the range of about USD 30,000 per advertising period)

3) when he filmed never say goodbye in shanghai, the PD commented that he was surprised by the strength of his fandom. The budget did not allow for JG to have his own trailer van (for privacy and resting purposes) and JG was very accommodating and did not specifically request for one. however upon hearing this, fans in shanghai booked a trailer van for him for the entire filming period so that he can rest peacefully after filming

so in a way he is so nice  to his fans because they are extremely nice to him too!

Speaking of the PD of never say goodbye, there is a video of him praising JG for his professionalism.

(Korean stars are known the press and media industry for being NOTORIOUSLY DIFFICULT to work with due to a few reasons: over-protective management agencies as well as the stars' own egos. My friends working in the media have many times sited the need to boycott korean stars due to the unreasonable attitude that they have displayed during several media events that they were working on. They have interviewed hollywood actors before and feel that korean stars have even bigger egos and more ridiculous demands then even the crazier hollywood stars) 

In the video, the PD has mentioned that although he has been warned to be prepared for the contrary, in reality JG did not have any specific star demands for the production. He is accommodating in many aspects although the PD does admit that JG is not a yes-man; his only demand is proper communication and he does often request for the director to properly explain his intentions before accommodating to anything. Other than that, the PD finds JG to be very professional, is always on time and is always prepared. I have to commend JG for this because when i work with celebrities for endorsement deals, they are never on time hahaha. I have also seen some of his other interviews during the peak of his popularity  (iljimae days) and find that his management is often not so protective  of him which is highly unusual.. even when reporters ask him strange questions and does inappropriate things, he does not look at his manager for help, rather he always try to settle things himself using humour or other more diplomatic ways. I have been a fan for many years and honestly i don't know how his manager looks like (compared to Ji sung, who is also from Namoo, whose manager is always there). He seems to be more independent and different from other korean celebrities from what i know. 

Yes, it works both ways! Woah, I think he deserves all the success and loves he got! Yet, he doesn't takes things for granted and always pushes himself! 

And mainland China's fans as well as HK and Taiwanese (if i'm not wrong) tend to be very rich. 

P.S. Wow, I don't know about Korean stars' attitude. Must be because of the Hallyu fame and receiving so many fans' support and high praises consistently that boost their egos. 

• Like 17

On 28/10/2016 at 6:37 AM, leesopark16 said:

How LJG is with his fans ^_^ I've seen the first part of the video already last year but didn't know he actually came down after. It's also very pleasant to see he can do that because the fans are very civilized :)

Sweet, kind, caring, and sensitive to his fans.

He knows he looks good but he's not boastful.

In all vids that I've seen he listens to the question and gives a thoughtful answer. He's very observant, too. 

Nice attitude. Handsome. Intelligent. Wise. Sense of humor. And the list goes on. 

Aaah. How can i not love him? :)

• Like 16

Full translation: Lee Joon Gi's Confessions <Singles> Nov 2016

Actors with exquisite looks always have much misconceptions, cannot easily erase the image has been deeply rooted.

14680570_1325324000833811_74239437958514

Actor with exquisite looks always have much misconceptions, cannot easily erase the image has been deeply rooted. Lee Joon Gi did not bother to deny the various topics about him. Because he knows, as long as he is candid, everything will gradually fade.

In front of the studio gathered a dozen fans, a mix of Japanese and Koreans follow Lee Joon Gi's trip to come here. They gathered around the Nanny's van to give presents to Lee Joon Gi and also to ask his well being. Lee Joon Gi expresses his gratitude to each and every one, after which he enters the studio. He says: “My fans, thank you very much for your attention to every trip and also giving the helping hands.”

After the end of each work, Lee Joon Gi will host a grand fan meeting. “I am very shy to sit alone and speak in front of thousands of fans, moreover just chatting is not very interesting. If you cannot understand each other's topics just nodding head, likely would end like this. I want to spend a good time with everyone.” Hence, in the fan meeting(FM), he will sing and dance. The preparation time is about one month. The actor will personally get involved from songs selection, choreography, program to special segment. “The last two weeks or so will concentrate in the song and dance practice, very much looking forward to the reaction of the audience.” Lee Joon Gi excitedly said that he has long been looking forward to the new stage.

14731341_1325325044167040_69743187366568

Mentioned about current on air <Moon lovers-Scarlet Heart Ryeo>, as if from the eyes of Lee Joon Gi, we can see Wang So's grief. He said “I am distressed over the viewers' ratings.” With the luxurious lineup of the splendid casts, the huge success of Chinese novel and drama, it has become a hot topic since the production began. However, <Moon lovers> did not produce a satisfactory report card. “It is a pity. All the actors and workers have put in great deal of effort. Everyone worked very hard.” In In fact, different from the viewers' ratings, the drama is often cited as a hot discussion topic. Lee Joon Gi's acting also received praises unanimously. He did not shift responsibility onto others, “I have no regret. As a lead actor, I have to be responsible for the ratings. Now I'm looking at the TV series to find shortcomings.”

Spoiler

14731220_1325325840833627_45026349394970

Lee Joon Gi is not just concerned about the TV series, from the relevant reports to various comments, he will look into it in details. “Not only is my work, there are other TV series and movies being broadcasted, I will look for it and watch almost all of them. To analyse the style that people like, the appeal of top rating dramas, as well as the reasons for those works with less ideal results. This helps to improve acting skills as well as select works.” This is why he still has a high popularity as an actor, his pursuit for acting never stopped.

Unknowingly has reached his mid 30s, it is time to think about getting married. But he says: “There are more urgent matters than getting married, that is to find the right positioning as an actor, rather than simply show the audience excellent acting. I am vex over how to continue to be the audience choice. Only when I straightened this matter, then I will consider romance or getting married.” Pursuit of acting is an actor's life occupation, but this is too harsh on one-self. “Yes, I am also dismal on this”, At this moment, I can feel Lee Joon Gi's enormous distressed over acting.

Spoiler

14724448_1325328854166659_34662491147655

Recently continue to play in historical dramas, Lee Joon Gi expresses that: “era background, role and the role's circumstances are not the same, I only consider the work itself and the role when choosing a piece of work. I do not consciously choose period drama. Only later I discovered, ah, another period drama ah. In fact when selecting <Moon Lovers>, I am quite troubled. Originally, I wanted to select romance comedy or action genre films. I am looking for a role that can still distinguish oneself among the assorted characters, can reflect my exclusive charm in the role. Through < Moon Lovers> I act as Wang So which received great love, to some extent can be considered a success.” Lee Joon Gi's regret will be released in February next year, Hollywood movie <Resident Evil: Final Chapter>. In the trailer, he has already demonstrated a powerful action scene. “Not penetrating Hollywood, but starred in 5 to 10 minutes of the scenes only. More appropriate to say it is a Hollywood experience,” He said modestly.

14650681_1325329290833282_21477393847676

The actor Lee Joon Gi shared that he wanted to play a variety of works. “Although I have been acting for a decade, I still have many things to present. So far have not encountered a role that could present my true self and also a role that makes one feel comfortable. Hoping to quickly encounter a new plugged-wings work.If you say from the way he loves his fans can feel Lee Joon Gi's human touch, then from his immense pursuit of acting and the boundless enthusiasm for the work can feel Lee Joon Gi, the side as an actor. Let's cheer for Lee's focus and effort to pursue his goals.

Transcribed by Lilakatze for JGfamily

Source: JGfamily FB

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jgfamily/lee-joon-gis-confessions-singles-nov-2016/1402355959792771

• Like 20

On 10/27/2016 at 4:53 AM, hiluna said:

I wish someone would organize a Soompi ML fan tour of the shooting locations and end it with an LJG meet and autograph session for us. I would fly half way round the world for it :wub:

since u are willing to fly, why not consider going his fan meeting, they are highly entertaining, its simply a concert, go check out fan cams at YT

• Like 12

3 hours ago, cwngf said:

since u are willing to fly, why not consider going his fan meeting, they are highly entertaining, its simply a concert, go check out fan cams at YT

His fan meetings usually sell out in 5-10 min of opening sales:(. I wouldn't even know where or how to get tickets. Also, I haven't been back to Asia in more than 25 yrs so I would rather go in a tour group or plan a major trip for 3 weeks if possible and take my time soaking up the culture and learning the language. Besides, I am not sure that I would be able to persuade my husband to go to his concert with me, we will look so out of place :lol:

• Like 10

20 hours ago, minmar said:

@cedarwood You bad girl. I must send our cutie to see you and punish you properly. 

Please send him asap! I was such a bad girl! :w00t:

16 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop said:

In the video, the PD has mentioned that although he has been warned to be prepared for the contrary, in reality JG did not have any specific star demands for the production. He is accommodating in many aspects although the PD does admit that JG is not a yes-man; his only demand is proper communication and he does often request for the director to properly explain his intentions before accommodating to anything. Other than that, the PD finds JG to be very professional, is always on time and is always prepared. I have to commend JG for this because when i work with celebrities for endorsement deals, they are never on time hahaha. I have also seen some of his other interviews during the peak of his popularity  (iljimae days) and find that his management is often not so protective  of him which is highly unusual.. even when reporters ask him strange questions and does inappropriate things, he does not look at his manager for help, rather he always try to settle things himself using humour or other more diplomatic ways. I have been a fan for many years and honestly i don't know how his manager looks like (compared to Ji sung, who is also from Namoo, whose manager is always there). He seems to be more independent and different from other korean celebrities from what i know. 

Always knew our man is great guy! I'm happy to read there are many reasons to praise Joon Gi. He really is one of a kind. :)

About Moon lovers - I love the drama to pieces. I know it's not totally perfect but I don't mind little things, they don't disturb me. I focus on Joon Gi's acting the most. Sure, the story is interesting, I like actors and the mixture of sadness and humor and bloodshed but Joon Gi is the man that puts everything together. And I think Wang So may be his best role so far. I can't stop praising him for his acting in ML! He was always good actor no matter what he modestly says but in ML he showed that he can be even more than we know. When I see Wang So in pain I almost feel his pain myself. The suffering is so real I started to worry they did something to Joon Gi and have to remember it's a drama and that he acts. Last episodes are just perfection - the way he shifts from lovable tender Wang So into Gwangjong that can decide about someone's death... I love that he shows so much throught his eyes. His eyes are beautiful and so bright when Wang So is happy or full of hope but can be also frightenning and cold and Joon Gi def. know how to show it. He is absolutely amazing. He steals every scene and the audience would focus on him even if he only moved his little finger. Honestly if those are not one of the best acting skills in the world then I don't know what is. :wub:

• Like 19

His latest drama will be on netflix soon! http://m.entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=109&aid=0003422393

I can only imagine the burden that rests on his shoulder being one of the lead actors. These news of the drama garnering billion views on youku, being number one in malaysia and singapore, being picked up by various networks like netflix to be aired are something. I am so happy for him because even if the drama is not that appreciated in SK, the rest of the world does. 

• Like 16

3 hours ago, hiluna said:

His fan meetings usually sell out in 5-10 min of opening sales:(. I wouldn't even know where or how to get tickets. Also, I haven't been back to Asia in more than 25 yrs so I would rather go in a tour group or plan a major trip for 3 weeks if possible and take my time soaking up the culture and learning the language. Besides, I am not sure that I would be able to persuade my husband to go to his concert with me, we will look so out of place :lol:

Tickets is no problem to arrange if you are really determined to go.I can see to it

• Like 11

1 hour ago, cwngf said:

Tickets is no problem to arrange if you are really determined to go.I can see to it

Oh wow! just the thought of the possibility of actually going to see him in person is giving me heart palpitations (seriously). I am not sure I could survive the excitement :sweatingbullets:, maybe it is best to admire him from afar. If I do go would his birthday concert be the best one to go to? he has one every year I believe. I was planning on an April/May trip to Asia, just not sure where to go and what to do yet :rolleyes:

• Like 10

@Mona Ys OMG I can't thank you enough for your post. Whoa.. I am actually tearing up. ...sniff ... Emoticon 0137 Clapping I can't even imagine having been there to see him in person. I don't understand how you guys can have husbands who aren't intimidated.  Some of the guys I know....( after having come out of the closet and admitting I wanted Joon)... well my male friends just weren't  ...nice about it.... I almost felt pity.....NAH!.. Emoticon 0130 Devil    BUT OMG he is so handsome and his singing... I think he as actually gotten better. Yep... his English has improved too.  I am getting shivers. OMG... gotta get it together. Emoticon 0141 Whew ...EEP!   But don't you think he is close to smashing through and truly becoming an international star.  I'm a fool but if he wants that I want to see him get there.  

• Like 12

2 hours ago, minmar said:

Some of the guys I know....( after having come out of the closet and admitting I wanted Joon)... well my male friends just weren't  ...nice about it.... I almost felt pity.....NAH!.. Emoticon 0130 Devil   

Poor you! 

My friends know I watch k-dramas and that's the most they want to know anyway. In fact they would roll they eyes if I say something more. I don't really get it why it is so not ok for the others? 

At least I have some online friends who do understand and share it with me. :)

• Like 11

Hello everyone! This is my first time on this thread! I had to post something to show my support for Lee Joon Ki and Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo. Maybe it wasn't successful in Korean but it is a true international success.  I am watching this show from Australia and I totally LOVE IT!

I have never watched any of LJK's dramas before and I can't believe what I have been missing.  He is an excellent actor.  He is so nuanced. I have A LOT of favourite scenes from SHR but one that really impressed me (I have rewatched it hundreds of times) is in SHR in Episode 2 when Wang So is bathing without his mask and Hae Soo sees him for the first time [@MonaYs your Avatar!!]. The way LJK portrayed being vulnerable just before lashing out at HS was absolutely mesmerising. He was so powerful in that scene. I was a goner after that lol and unable to turn away since then. And of course THAT jail scene and rain scene... I can go on and on lol...  

He is so beautiful - @Rose34 that photo you posted of him from the Singles photoshoot, wearing a coat, pink jumper and with his eyes closed, OMG :wub:, I can stare at him all day!

And @cedarwood- I really loved him in that mask and with that hair!! Your banner reminded me how much I miss that hair and that mask. I know that's very shallow of me to say lol (I just finished watching Episode 18 of SHR).... And is it wrong that I was swooning when watching him ride horses, galloping and just holding on with one hand....I don't have words! :wub:

Have you been following LJK for long? Should I watch him next in "Arang and the Magistrate" or the "Gunman in Joseon"?  

• Like 14

1 hour ago, moniw18 said:

Hello everyone! This is my first time on this thread! I had to post something to show my support for Lee Joon Ki and Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo. Maybe it wasn't successful in Korean but it is a true international success.  I am watching this show from Australia and I totally LOVE IT!

I have never watched any of LJK's dramas before and I can't believe what I have been missing.  He is an excellent actor.  He is so nuanced. I have A LOT of favourite scenes from SHR but one that really impressed me (I have rewatched it hundreds of times) is in SHR in Episode 2 when Wang So is bathing without his mask and Hae Soo sees him for the first time [@MonaYs your Avatar!!]. The way LJK portrayed being vulnerable just before lashing out at HS was absolutely mesmerising. He was so powerful in that scene. I was a goner after that lol and unable to turn away since then. And of course THAT jail scene and rain scene... I can go on and on lol...  

He is so beautiful - @Rose34 that photo you posted of him from the Singles photoshoot, wearing a coat, pink jumper and with his eyes closed, OMG :wub:, I can stare at him all day!

And @cedarwood- I really loved him in that mask and with that hair!! Your banner reminded me how much I miss that hair and that mask. I know that's very shallow of me to say lol (I just finished watching Episode 18 of SHR).... And is it wrong that I was swooning when watching him ride horses, galloping and just holding on with one hand....I don't have words! :wub:

Have you been following LJK for long? Should I watch him next in "Arang and the Magistrate" or the "Gunman in Joseon"?  

All his projects are amazing. Though Hero is my least favourite. I suggest you watch his works in chronological order.  The young Lee Joon Gi was also equally mesmerising.  

• Like 14