Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

38 minutes ago, glassnokamen said:

Unfortunately no :(:(

Ahh.....well boo! It's looks gorgeous! These beaches around me pale in comparison!

27 minutes ago, haniiiii said:

I sent a message to @pixelsticks where to watch it with Eng subs and in 1080p quality. Let's hope for some nice emoji review of this movie by pixel soon haha :D

Hahaha...oh oh .  Dammit.  I NEED to be working right now.  Maybe next week I'll watch it. <<<I really don't need any more fuel for tears...I seriously cried at the beginning of Wonder Woman last night.  WTH??>>>  

But get ready for this.... crying1 onion headcry white cloudcry-red-crab

• Like 4

Two votings which deserve your attention (and 10 clicks a day, for each of them):

The Most Handsome Kdrama Star 2017 (currently 2nd round)
http://namesns.com/entertainer/view.html?num=194620&star_num=171&share

and The Best Kdrama 2017 (currently 1st round)
http://namesns.com/entertainer/view.html?num=186116&star_num=178&share= 

And a treat for your voting -> super handsome sexy lovely Hyun Jun photo :wub:

1503160628_1.jpg 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Psstt..  haven't seen it.  Don't know if I can handle it. <<don't know how to watch it subbed>>>

You... nev... WHY???? Don't you want to see our man in dramatic role? Being protective and so loving it hurts???

3 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

It's not Okinawa is it?????  :wink::blink::lol:

If it is - bring us LJG :D:D:D

2 hours ago, haniiiii said:

Let's hope for some nice emoji review of this movie by pixel soon haha :D

I hope to read such review too! :w00t:

2 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

But get ready for this.... crying1 onion headcry white cloudcry-red-crab

I'm ready! popcorn1-smiley.gif?1292867655

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, haniiiii said:

Two votings which deserve your attention (and 10 clicks a day, for each of them):

The Most Handsome Kdrama Star 2017 (currently 2nd round)
http://namesns.com/entertainer/view.html?num=194620&star_num=171&share

and The Best Kdrama 2017 (currently 1st round)
http://namesns.com/entertainer/view.html?num=186116&star_num=178&share= 

And a treat for your voting -> super handsome sexy lovely Hyun Jun photo :wub:

Done! 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Yes I think too that they are some "missing" princes, but since when they practice so hard they are only 6 (plus Moo as "Fangxiangshi and Yo as ... I don't remember the name of his character), it only seems strange to me that when they are performing the ritual they are in 9. I think you are right @pixelsticks and it's a matter of visually appealing :):)

We have to remember that MLSHR is an adaptation of a Chinese novel. The Chinese time-travel novel was loosely based on the Qing Dynasty in the 18th century. The fourth emperor of the Qing dynasty had 24 sons who were known by their numbers. There was a lot of contention over which son would be Crown Prince and succeed his father as emperor. The time-traveling heroine only interacted with the princes who were most involved in the conflict over the succession. The fourth prince was the one who became emperor immediately after his father's death, bypassing his older brothers. Even the historians aren't in complete agreement about whether he forged the document that put him in power so the novelist could take creative license with that part of the story, as well as many other parts.

In adapting the story to a Korean historical fantasy, the writers had to go back to the 10th century and the founder of the Goryeo dynasty to find a king with so many sons who vied for the throne. Naturally, the history of Korea in the 10th century was very different from the history of China in the 18th century. The writers had to take a lot more creative license to use the most essential plot points of the novel to fit the known facts of Korean history. That is probably the reason for the disclaimer at the beginning of each episode. Taejo founded the Goryeo dynasty and had even more sons than the Chinese emperor but they weren't numbered, and there was no Crown Prince designated as heir. Wang So was the fourth prince if you count his older full brother who died as a child as the second, but Wang Wook was not the eighth. Wang So was only 16 years old in 941, the year when the story starts. He had two younger brothers, not just Jung.

Wang So became the fourth ruler of Goryeo and declared himself Emperor, but only after supporting both Wang Moo and Wang Yo as second and third kings of Goryeo. Wikipedia says that Yo named his brother So as his successor instead of his five-year-old son, so the suspicion of forgery was just from the novel. Later in his 25-year reign, Gwangjong did have his brother Won and a couple of his nephews executed for treason, but he didn't kill any of his brothers personally.

It makes sense to me that the ritual would have more princes, but the practice would only show the princes who were part of the story.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, joybran said:

We have to remember that MLSHR is an adaptation of a Chinese novel. The Chinese time-travel novel was loosely based on the Qing Dynasty in the 18th century. The fourth emperor of the Qing dynasty had 24 sons who were known by their numbers. There was a lot of contention over which son would be Crown Prince and succeed his father as emperor. The time-traveling heroine only interacted with the princes who were most involved in the conflict over the succession. The fourth prince was the one who became emperor immediately after his father's death, bypassing his older brothers. Even the historians aren't in complete agreement about whether he forged the document that put him in power so the novelist could take creative license with that part of the story, as well as many other parts.

In adapting the story to a Korean historical fantasy, the writers had to go back to the 10th century and the founder of the Goryeo dynasty to find a king with so many sons who vied for the throne. Naturally, the history of Korea in the 10th century was very different from the history of China in the 18th century. The writers had to take a lot more creative license to use the most essential plot points of the novel to fit the known facts of Korean history. That is probably the reason for the disclaimer at the beginning of each episode. Taejo founded the Goryeo dynasty and had even more sons than the Chinese emperor but they weren't numbered, and there was no Crown Prince designated as heir. Wang So was the fourth prince if you count his older full brother who died as a child as the second, but Wang Wook was not the eighth. Wang So was only 16 years old in 941, the year when the story starts. He had two younger brothers, not just Jung.

Wang So became the fourth ruler of Goryeo and declared himself Emperor, but only after supporting both Wang Moo and Wang Yo as second and third kings of Goryeo. Wikipedia says that Yo named his brother So as his successor instead of his five-year-old son, so the suspicion of forgery was just from the novel. Later in his 25-year reign, Gwangjong did have his brother Won and a couple of his nephews executed for treason, but he didn't kill any of his brothers personally.

It makes sense to me that the ritual would have more princes, but the practice would only show the princes who were part of the story.

Thank you very much for the history explanations!! It's very very intresting :):):)

• Like 2

I am posting it not only on CM thread, but also here, because I think almost nobody checks Criminal Minds thread now. :D

I was pretty surprised that tvN Criminal Minds official facebook page has changed its name, facebook address and profile and cover photo to some other upcomig serial.

Why they didn't let it be and just create a new page? Really confusing and strange... using Criminal Minds page to promote their another serial can be seen as a good marketing strategy to catch attention of more fans, but where is some respect to Criminal Minds and their history and legacy and existence itself? :rolleyes:  

I found it out by accident, I wanted to post something on our LJG international fanclub facebook page and I wanted to write the official CM FB page as a source, so I wanted to copy their address right - and it completely changed :( 

Here is the page, check for yourself: https://www.facebook.com/tvNprisonplaybook/ 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Being protective and so loving it hurts???

But I don't wanna hurt!!! Hence my avoidance....

@joybran you've done some research!

@haniiiii tvN seems to reconfigure their FB page to the current drama airing. Before it was the Criminal Minds page...it was the Entourage page, I believe. I agree with you that it would be informative to keep each drama as their own page and I do not know why they are electing not to do so.  Whomever handles their social media accounts doesn't want to do the work/upkeep...I guess. 

• Like 2

Hey.... @antoniaclamens WHERE is your Episode 2 re(take)?  

And since I've had to deal with 2 hurricanes this year, I decided to check out that darn Typhoon that's headed to Tokyo...thinking it might have put a kink in JG's travel/photoshoot plans.  But I read this and it looks like Okinawa avoided any winds/damage. https://www.stripes.com/blogs/pacific-storm-tracker/typhoon-25w-lan-32-1.492679

At 3 a.m., Lan was about 350 miles east of Kadena Air Base, trucking north-northeast at 20 mph. It’s already made closest point of approach regarding Okinawa. Peak winds were 39-mph sustained and 55-mph gusts at 4:30 a.m. Sunday.

While Lan’s wind field remains large, the critical 50- and 64-knot (58- and 74-mph) wind bands which bring destructive winds remain quite narrow; hence, Okinawa escaped Lan’s full wrath because its center was so far from island.

While Okinawa got fortunate, Lan is no joke; it remains a vicious, powerful storm. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, pixelsticks said:

@joybran you've done some research!

Can you tell I double majored in History and Literature? I'm always fascinated by how historical fiction uses the supposed known facts of history to tell dramatic stories. I say "supposed" because history itself is interpretation and conjecture as much as demonstrable events, especially the further back you go. The story makes me wonder about the history, but in this case, I'm sure the "real" Wang So wasn't nearly as fascinating or even as complex a person as Joon Gi's Wang So.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Lynn11 said:

This is so cute..:flushed: The back of his head.

His smile is lethal.

Credit to the owners of pic.

006MBrHegy1fkr18tauvfj30ku0peaen.jpg

I want to run my fingers through that back hair..it looks really soft.

But I will never stop being amazed at this man's skin.At 35, its still so healthy looking and young..

Also is it just me, or it looks like he has gained a kilo or two..his face is just a tiny tiny bit fuller than the last time we saw him..(its a good thing by the way) if my eyes are not deceiving me.

I dont exactly like the outfit.I love the hairdo, glasses, jacket and jeans is good..but the white top and shoes(not so much).But he looks comfortable and he is smiling, that makes me a happy fan.

• Like 6

On 10/20/2017 at 2:30 AM, joybran said:

I'm surprised nobody commented on this, so I have to delurk. I think these pictures tell a compelling story (although they are out of order here). It looks like he expected to sneak back into Korea the way he sneaked out, so he didn't shave and wore an outfit that hid him almost, *almost* completely. 

Yay!! Glad you delurked and I hope that you'd join the conversation/ fangirling with us. I thought that was an sponsored outfit, wasn't it? He would have been more inconspicuous if had worn a simple hoodie, if anything this outfit made him stand out more! hehe onion head

@cedarwood first of all,

3aCh758.gif  Congratulations on your promotion!

It must be awesome to work in a bookshop - surrounded by all those books and the smell of book is simply :wub:!

On 10/20/2017 at 3:46 PM, cedarwood said:

Ooooh he likes coffee  with milk - just like me.

Me too - I like coffee with milk too! hi5-smiley.gif?1292867616

Every single one! He would look better without them.

Now I'm really really bad... :ph34r:

panda 29 panda 29

On 10/19/2017 at 3:59 AM, haniiiii said:

the super sweet son played by Ji Soo. Actually in this precise moment I started to hate his character and his smiles towards his "perfect" mother. :lol: Just grow up already, boy! haha

It was cool that the drama showed the 14th prince actually grown up because of Wang So. I remember that Wang So said to him something like "how long are you going to hide behind her skirt?". Wang So's life was so hard it made him grown up early. 14th prince may like to fight but I was sure he spent his life on a pillow.

But did he really grow up until the very last episodes? Jung is one of the characters who frustrated me to no end. Yes, he was immature in the beginning but i was hoping that with everything that he is going around him he would be more mature. But no, he always blamed So for everything that went wrong. I really don't understand his logic at all - he saw Yo shooting the arrow at Eun, but who does he blame for that? So! I mean, come one, is he stupid or something? Why is he so irrationally biased against So? Worse yet, he knew that Yo was alive but he never reported it. He's a general right? It is his duty to protect the king, but what did he do? head crazy rabbit*Blue tries to calm down*

On 10/20/2017 at 6:45 PM, pixelsticks said:

Which....what a shirt....JG.... hahahaha

panda 29panda 29panda 29 Wait... is that shirt kind of transparent/has mesh like material? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me? :blink:

On 10/20/2017 at 7:30 PM, pixelsticks said:

Good point!  But when he does it...he pauses...gives her time to react to him and then says "you've changed." I felt as if it was almost like he was waiting for her to react the way she would have reacted if she was the old Hae Soo.  And I inferred his utterances of "it does not matter to me" "we were never close" was his way of intellectualizing and making "new" ground rules for their behavior together...and to further test her (whether or not she truly lost her memories/was someone else and not playing him).  It would have been fun to have a brief glimpse of this old Hae Soo. For comparison purposes. 

@cedarwood What Pixel said - she explained it better than I ever would!

On 10/20/2017 at 10:00 PM, glassnokamen said:

But not even one second after that, comes the shotgun: she threw her off the horse without too many ceremonies ... fantastic !!!! I have
really made a pretty laugh and I've told myself "ohhhhhh at least something different than usual !!!!"

Exactly! It was so unexpected, it made me laugh!

Not so hilarious the meeting of So with the "mother": already from here you can see that in the bottom he's only a 17 year old guy who has only desire to have the love and approval of the mother from whom she has been separated where he was a small one. JG's skill lies in this: in that momenti, with just half the face uncovered, he shows how So is lonely and young, and how much he was hurt by her mother's continuous malicious jokes.
While to those of his "brother" Yo he answer to rhyme, when is his mother who turns to him in cruel words, he does not know how to answer ... it's almost alienated

JG was so amazing in it - the whole seen was painful to watch. :tears::tears:

at that time I didn't know it was a fleeting and very rare vision of the now famous elusive torso and I re-turned my eyes to the scene

Hehehe.. now you know... teehee crazy rabbit

On 10/16/2017 at 12:37 AM, cedarwood said:

He was too caring for his wife so I could believe that he tried to pick up Hae Soo before "the accident".

I was meaning to talk about this but kept forgetting. CMIIW, but i don't think that snake  Wook loved Myung Hee, it was she who pursued him, right? And if i remember correctly, the marriage was more of a political alliance, isn't it? The Hwangbo's who were exiled were able to return to Songak because of the marriage to the Hae clan. So him being too caring towards her might because his family is indebted to her for MH choose to marry snake Wook.

On 10/20/2017 at 11:05 PM, cedarwood said:

Worse than openly harsh and insulting Yo?

Yes, snake Wook is definitely worse than Yo. Just as You mentioned Yo is harsh and insulting and everyone know what kind of person he is from the beginning itself. You don't expect good deeds from him - he gives off bad vibes. Snake Wook on the other hand, is shown as this perfect gentleman who cares about his sick wife who hasn't given him any children in a time period where it is important for the nobles and the royals to produce heirs; he is even considerate of HS who made many blunders which could have caused problems for his household; he is understanding; he is calm. He is the complete opposite of So. But underneath it all snake Wook is nothing but a self-righteous and selfish man - it's always "me" or "my" for him. He is the mastermind behind torturing and killing Moo slowly; he is the one who gave the idea to Yo that if he can keep HS under his control, he can control So; he is the one who made it impossible for So to marry Soo. So, yes, I definitely think that snake Wook is more dangerous and worse than Yo. 

:ph34r::ph34r: Hopefully I wouldn't get in trouble for posting such long paragraphs about the drama here! :ph34r::ph34r:

On 10/20/2017 at 11:05 PM, cedarwood said:

If he does - destroy his favourite show. I bet he watches something.

That would be perfect revenge.

I like the way you think.. evil smile onion head

Because how Soompi loves to make posting hard for me, I'm just going to submit it now. *glares at Soompi <_<*

* Image credit to original uploaders

• Like 6

On 10/21/2017 at 12:09 AM, pixelsticks said:

Maybe JG's character would become the main villian!

YASS! I'd love to see him as a villain, who has a lot of screentime and preferably in a movie!cheer2 onion head I don't want him to be a villain in a drama, though.

On 10/21/2017 at 7:35 AM, pixelsticks said:

But he would act the heck out of that death...you know we'd all be crying ourselves to death.  Or his character could be redeemed!  

Yes, and would he cry too, you know because he is absolutely beautiful when he cries! (Very bad Blue :ph34r:)

On 10/21/2017 at 10:26 AM, cedarwood said:

I don't want him redeemed, I want him alive and happy.

Maybe he is actually good guy disguised as villain and we get to know that only at the last few minutes of the movie and he gets to live happily ever after? :wink:

On 10/21/2017 at 10:26 AM, cedarwood said:

Remember NSG???

Haven't watched it yet. Going to watch it after I'm done with SWWTN. 

@joybran Thank you for that interesting info. History is indeed fascinating.

1 hour ago, Lynn11 said:

How can anyone be so good looking..

Well he is JG, so... :wink:

1 hour ago, Lynn11 said:

This is so cute.. The back of his head.

His smile is lethal.

love onion head

26 minutes ago, violina said:

I want to run my fingers through that back hair..it looks really soft.

You read my mind... panda 61

Look @violina his hair is perfect! :wub: We can see his pretty forehead too!! happy dancing crazy rabbit

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, bluelilac1214 said:

You read my mind... panda 61

Look @violina his hair is perfect! :wub: We can see his pretty forehead too!! happy dancing crazy rabbit

OMG!!!You my dear, are a life saver.Thats why im so happy.look how pretty he looks.Smile and forehead..Perfect double entendre...:wub:See stylist nim...no need to hide any part of his beautiful face..he is gorgeous..

• Like 5

Oppa looks fabulous today :wub:

And I love how the fans are reflecting in his sunglasses. B) Fans are always with him, so symbolic :lol:

22730158_1711018662264341_36500842693662 

22552679_1711018738931000_83812080227099 

JG always humble... 

22687589_1711022432263964_79337413550563 

And more in spoiler ^^

Spoiler

22730247_1711018212264386_15358046912895 

22554851_1912439568769430_80389715704427 

22688783_1711018185597722_65022503562052 

22729159_1711022418930632_12156064507085 

22688641_1711022368930637_89700486399339 

22540125_1711018078931066_88495484762485