Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

1 hour ago, violina said:

Agreed about what you have said regarding the hair.And arggh noodle hairstyle, mushroom cap bowl hairstyle and middlepart wavy hairstyle drives me nuts.Lee Joon Gi manages to get away with these hairstyle faux pas because he is so pretty and carries himself with confidence when he is wearing them.

But seriously who invented those horrific hairstyles..they don't look flattering on any other man.One of the hairstyles make the men look like toddlers and the other makes the men look older than they are even when they are very handsome.As for females, I really hate it when they do the fried hair with bangs in dramas to show that they are nerdy or whatever it's very unflattering.

I love  that hairstyle when he was wearing the pink jacket. I love him with a long hair like the one in Iljimae and the one during his fan meet last May 2016. :) 

But I think that neat hairstyle look cool on him as a profiler if he is really doing the CM.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 10

If the show is not subtitled by the subbing teams who usually subs variety show, I think we can expect JG fans, like JG Family or PMY's fans to sub it. Just have to be more patient.
I saw some bits being translated on instagram as well. 

And about several series in Criminal Minds ~ I don't know if JG will be interested to do too much seasons - have to expand his roles. And they'll probably do other seasons only if the 1st is successful, so nothing decided yet. But if a season is short, like 8-10 eps, I wouldn't mind for him to take up his role in CM again (and also if he is indeed starring in that show, nothing official yet), because he'd have time to do plenty other things in this case.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, lyn_lyn said:

I asked the owner to use her translation and make subs. I thought to post subbed video tomorrow, but maybe she will not translate next episides, so i don't know what to do.

They've done it.

• Like 21

No official info regarding JG next drama yet?

While waiting I have rewatch SHS and JG old drama so many times already :TBDW, iljimae, Hero, Arang, Two weeks, Scholar who walks the night. (I skip rewatch joeson gunman though because of I did not like the lead actress)

Did I miss any of of his drama that I should rewatch while waiting?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, silvianage said:

Nope. :( And it's March. I'm worried. :(

10 hours ago, missmaudy said:

They've done it.

Yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *does a happy dance* Will watch in the evening. :D

11 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

And I can agree...

Waaaah! Joon Gi with THAT smile. ^_^

1 hour ago, silvianage said:

(I skip rewatch joeson gunman though because of I did not like the lead actress)

Who cares about the lady when you have this?

:D 

Btw it's strange that you watched TBDAW and you skipped JG - same leading actress. :o

• Like 12

Spoiler

@cedarwood I watched joeson gunman, I will not miss watching any of JG drama but I have no desire to rewatch it again because of the leading lady though. Same with TBDAW

But after watching your MV I think I need to rewatch it and just skip part when there is a leading lady appear :D:lol::D

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cedarwood said:

Btw it's strange that you watched TBDAW and you skipped JG - same leading actress. :o

i actually had the same problem cause nam sang mi looks older in historical clothes but in TBDAW it was a modern setting so i liked them together and they had chemistry. For some reason in joseon gunman the chemistry was not as strong cause she just didnt suit historical clothes and like i said looked older than him. I dont know if that makes sense but cause of that i skipped all her parts :ph34r:

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, ziggy123 said:

i actually had the same problem cause nam sang mi looks older in historical clothes but in TBDAW it was a modern setting so i liked them together and they had chemistry. For some reason in joseon gunman the chemistry was not as strong cause she just didnt suit historical clothes and like i said looked older than him. I dont know if that makes sense but cause of that i skipped all her parts :ph34r:

I could not find the reason why I did not like her but after reading your post, that's exactly why I did not like her and I also did not like the plot so much, the setting was neither historical nor modern. I think Joon Gi save that drama with his outstanding performance.

Hopefully he will find new work that have a good story and partner soon.

• Like 4

uDLkool.gif
Ajs4ute.gif

:lol:

Spoiler

xNUGRSl.gif

jIL8Wul.gif

===========================

Spoiler

tumblr_omt8k8nKIu1tdfsf6o2_250.giftumblr_omt8k8nKIu1tdfsf6o5_250.gif

tumblr_omt8k8nKIu1tdfsf6o6_250.gifMe: Choose the one that you find the prettiest. Honestly. Mom: *picks Lee Joon Gi* Me: :)))

=================================

Actor Lee Joon-gi to wrap up Asian tour in Seoul next month

Published : 2017-03-15 

South Korean actor Lee Joon-gi will hold another concert in Seoul next month to wrap up his four-month-long Asian tour, his management agency said Wednesday.

The concert will take place at Olympic Park in southeastern Seoul on April 15, Namoo Actors said.
C633k_jWkAA8QK-.jpg

Since December last year, Lee has been on an Asian tour of seven cities in five countries, including South Korea, Japan and Taiwan. He recently appeared on the hit TV series "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo." 

"The Asia concert tour that began in Seoul last year will be wrapped up with another concert in the city," the agency said, adding that the size of the upcoming concert will be larger than the previous one.

Tickets will be available on Interpark's website starting March 23. (Yonhap)

• Like 14

9 hours ago, silvianage said:

While waiting I have rewatch SHS and JG old drama so many times already :TBDW, iljimae, Hero, Arang, Two weeks, Scholar who walks the night. (I skip rewatch joeson gunman though because of I did not like the lead actress)

Did I miss any of of his drama that I should rewatch while waiting?

There is My Girl...LJG is the 2nd lead with some retro hair and clothes! http://asianwiki.com/My_Girl_(Korean_Drama)  Lee Dong Wook (the Grim Reaper of Goblin) is the 1st lead.  It's a fun rom-com with silly moments. Have you watched his movie Fly Daddy Fly?

5 hours ago, ziggy123 said:

I'm not sure what it is, but I agree in that I kept wondering where that actress "was" in Joseon.  I don't know if it was the direction she was given or her choice, but her character was wooden and almost 1 dimensional for me. To me, it kind of reminded me of IU (HaeSoo) Episodes 9-14.  Maybe its a trend of historical actresses to be that way, but I don't find it interesting. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I'm not sure what it is, but I agree in that I kept wondering where that actress "was" in Joseon.  I don't know if it was the direction she was given or her choice, but her character was wooden and almost 1 dimensional for me. To me, it kind of reminded me of IU (HaeSoo) Episodes 9-14.  Maybe its a trend of historical actresses to be that way, but I don't find it interesting. 

I can agree about what you are saying about Joseon Gunman's lead actress(NSM).But Haesoo(IU) may I respectfully disagree.First I would argue that's an unfair comparison. Because one was born in the past and transitioning into a new era (Joseon Gunman), and the other was from our present and adapting and reacting to the events of a past era, with knowledge of history in her mind.Secondly, the standard of acting would be different, given one is a senior whose main profession is acting. The other is a junior whose main profession is being a musician, and no it doesn't matter if both of them were acting in historical for the first time.Lastly, I actually thought IU showed some growth in the episodes(9-14) you have mentioned.If you had said from 1-8 then yeah I agree.see my explanation about LJG,IU,and NSM in spoiler for the sake of those who did not watch SHR yet.Lastly, its not only historicals, but it is common knowledge, that Kdrama generally gives most of the multi-dimensional characters, to the main 1st male leads and 2nd female leads, while the 1st female leads are one dimensional.Nevertheless, Good 1st lead actresses rise above poorly written scripts or characters, that would easily border on annoying, and deliver to make their characters interesting, I can think of a few examples, even historical ones but thats for another time.So for Joseon Gunman, NSM simply under-performed. But IU with her skill set and how her character was written, she did well.I cant see another hae soo but her.

Spoiler

ep.10 when she was in the prison cell and how she acted with LJK(inner confusion, affection. is it love I feel for him?,It hurts me to see him hurt). To the cave scene in ep 11 when lady Oh was sentenced(desperation and grief. when she bawled her eyes out.In ep 11, she also how she acted in the rain scene when lady Oh died and KHN turned away(hopelessness,disbelief).To when she was demoted to water maid in ep 12(resignation.) to her breakup with KHN(assertiveness).I think that is where there was no wooden acting.She acted like how most of us would have acted if we were in that situation.All of this was in her body language, facial expression and monologues and how she modulated her voice to communicate her emotions.And in these situations, we could actually feel and see what she(IU) was feeling while with NSM none of that came through even when she was laughing, crying or whatever..we could not connect with her.

And yeah of course we are biased, if LJK starts sneaking backhugs and kisses like in ep 13 or making marriage proposals and saying lets elope..our eyes would have been shooting hearts and we would be smiling from ear to ear, everything else be damned and we would be saying yes orabeoni wth loads of aegyos to boot. But haesoo was a girl who had just gotten out of a relationship, she was beaten to almost being disabled, she had learnt that she needs to watch her words and manners lest she be killed.So of course she would be subdued and shut down.As for ep 14..lol if LJK was this close to your face like 10 cm away, you would freeze despite your active imagination on what you would do if you met face to face , when a man is that beautiful and he is saying them romantic words with such a sexy voice.At least haesoo was still alive after it all:D.ok il stop now!!

• Like 8

Spoiler
3 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

There is My Girl...LJG is the 2nd lead with some retro hair and clothes! http://asianwiki.com/My_Girl_(Korean_Drama)  Lee Dong Wook (the Grim Reaper of Goblin) is the 1st lead.  It's a fun rom-com with silly moments. Have you watched his movie Fly Daddy Fly?

2 hours ago, emeraldblue said:

I can agree about what you are saying about Joseon Gunman's lead actress(NSM).But Haesoo(IU) may I respectfully disagree.First I would argue that's an unfair comparison. Because one was born in the past and transitioning into a new era (Joseon Gunman), and the other was from our present and adapting and reacting to the events of a past era, with knowledge of history in her mind.Secondly, the standard of acting would be different, given one is a senior whose main profession is acting. The other is a junior whose main profession is beng a musician, and no it doesnt matter if both of them were acting in historical for the first time.Lastly, I actually thought IU showed some growth in the episodes you have mentioned.If you had said from 1-8 then yeah I agree.see my explanation in spoiler for the sake of those who did not watch SHR yet.Lastly, its not only historicals, but it is common knowledge that Kdrama generally gives most of the multi-dimensional characters to the main 1st male leads and 2nd female leads, while the 1st female leads are one dimensional.Nevertheless, Good 1st lead actresses rise above poorly written scripts or characters that would easily border on annoying and deliver to make their characters interesting, I can think of a few examples even historical ones but thats for another time.So for Joseon Gunman, NSM simply underperformed.But IU with her skill set and how her character was written, she did fairly well.

Reveal hidden contents

ep.10 when she was in the prison cell and how she acted with LJG. To the cave scene in ep 11 when lady Oh was sentenced.In ep 11, she also how she acted in the rain scene when lady Oh died.To when she was demoted to water maid in ep 12 to her breakup with KHN.I think that is where there was no wooden acting.She acted like how most of us would have acted if she was in that situation.And yeah of course we are biased, if Lee Joon Gi starts sneaking backhugs and kisses like in ep 13 or making marriage proposals and saying lets elope..our eyes would have been shooting hearts and we would be smiling from ear to ear, everything else be damned and we would be saying yes orabeoni wth loads of aegyos to boot. But haesoo was a girl who had just gotten out of a relationship, she was beaten to almost being disabled, she had learnt that she needs to watch her words and manners lest she be killed.So of course she would be subdued and shut down.As for ep 14..lol if LJG was this close to your face like 10 cm away, you would freeze despite our active imagination on what you would do if you met face to face , when a man is that beautiful and he is saying them romantic words with such a sexy voice.At least haesoo was still alive after it all:D.ok il stop now!!

IU did pretty well from 1-8. The complexity of Hae So's character started with the supposed marriage with King and aggravated with the death of Lady Oh. Hae So was no longer a one-dimentional character after this tragic event. (Well one-dimentional & multi-dimensional character is actually just a matter of interpretation of character. A good actor can do magic on a boring character. )

There were moments in ep 8-16 when Hae Soo looked just plain frustrated like annoyed. I think it's when some audience started to dislike her character. I thought if she would have shown the depth of the character's grief and unimaginable feeling of helplessness, I thought the audience would have emphatise her character. Just my two cents, btw... On the positive note, I actually admire her courage to take up such challenging role. It was not the best performance I have expected for the character, but she did great. But, I thought if she hit the head of the nail of this character, it could have propelled her to be one of the best actresses of her time. Well, I thought she did a rebound in ep 19-20, anyway.

Unlike Moon Lovers which is a fusion drama, Gunman in Joseon was a traditional Saguek. NSM manner of speech sound too monotonous and awkward and didn't blend well with the other actors in the drama. In fairness to her, I think she is more suited in modern drama. I like her in TBWD. But I don't think there was NO reason to dislike the Gunman In Joseon because of her because the story was actually focused on Yong Kang and Hanjo and not on their relationship. In fact, if I were to ask on the order of the billing based on the importance of the character in the drama, Yu Oh Seong who played Choi Won Shin should have come 2nd. Just like in SWWN, Lee Soo Hyuk as Gwi should have come 2nd in the order and not Changmin nor Lee Yubi.

Re- One-dimensional acting, not only actresses though, actors as well. IMO there are only few lead k-actors(actresses) who can vividly show different levels of emotions. really few. There are only few who can define and interpret character well too. Also, I notice the emotionless cold acting is ,I think, popular because I see that kind of acting in many k-dramas.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Nope. :( And it's March. I'm worried. :(

I have been looking around the web about his confirmation for Moon Lovers but I couldn't find one. I know someone mentioned that he did but even on Moon Lover thread, there was no article I could find.

PS: I read back this thread. I have found he was offered the role sometime 11th Nov 2015. Then the news came out that he confirmed on the 4th Jan and the first reading was on the 8th, then 1st shooting day on the 20th of Jan 2016. I don't know why any talks about LJG casting, Cha Young-Bin  in the Entourage always come to mind.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, missmaudy said:
  Hide contents

IU did pretty well from 1-8. The complexity of Hae So's character started with the supposed marriage with King and aggravated with the death of Lady Oh. Hae So was no longer a one-dimentional character after this tragic event. (Well one-dimentional & multi-dimensional character is actually just a matter of interpretation of character. A good actor can do magic on a boring character. )

There were moments in ep 8-16 when Hae Soo looked just plain frustrated like annoyed. I think it's when some audience started to dislike her character. I thought if she would have shown the depth of the character's grief and unimaginable feeling of helplessness, I thought the audience would have emphatise her character. Just my two cents, btw... On the positive note, I actually admire her courage to take up such challenging role. It was not the best performance I have expected for the character, but she did great. But, I thought if she hit the head of the nail of this character, it could have propelled her to be one of the best actresses of her time. Well, I thought she did a rebound in ep 19-20, anyway.

Unlike Moon Lovers which is a fusion drama, Gunman in Joseon was a traditional Saguek. NSM manner of speech sound too monotonous and awkward and didn't blend well with the other actors in the drama. In fairness to her, I think she is more suited in modern drama. I like her in TBWD. But I don't think there was NO reason to dislike the Gunman In Joseon because of her because the story was actually focused on Yong Kang and Hanjo and not on their relationship. In fact, if I were to ask on the order of the billing based on the importance of the character in the drama, Yu Oh Seong who played Choi Won Shin should have come 2nd. Just like in SWWN, Lee Soo Hyuk as Gwi should have come 2nd in the order and not Changmin nor Lee Yubi.

Re- One-dimensional acting, not only actresses though, actors as well. IMO there are only few lead k-actors(actresses) who can vividly show different levels of emotions. really few. There are only few who can define and interpret character well too. Also, I notice the emotionless cold acting is ,I think, popular because I see that kind of acting in many k-dramas.

This is how I would describe what I feel I am watching with some female leads in historical Kdramas and I wondered if it is an accepted, expected persona for a female in Korean historical culture.  But then again, maybe I should not compare an actress in a subtle role when she is paired with LJG who can act even when he is just standing there.  @emeraldblue I completely agree that IU did have some good moments in the episodes I mentioned (and you pointed out).  My keyboard is not cooperating so I could only type a limited amount at the time, but overall, I still struggled with being empathic towards her character...same as with Nam Sang Mi in Joseon.  For me, it's this "cold, emotionless" character that seems to be common in the dramas that I have watched and maybe I expect more from the character due to my own background, so it's not really the actor/actress at fault. Maybe it's even the writer/director not giving the character just a bit of nuance/chance to show reaction and I haven't figured out if that is a Korean thing, just something that was common between these dramas or what. But it is frustrating to watch as a "consumer."  YMMV

So Lee Joon Gi...whatcha going to pick to do next?   

1 hour ago, missmaudy said:

I have been looking around the web about his confirmation for Moon Lovers but I couldn't find one. I know someone mentioned that he did but even on Moon Lover thread, there was no article I could find.

We did chat about it in this thread a month or so ago.  Here is the link:

• Like 6

More LJG & Park Min Young past images:

Image result for lee joon gi park min youngImage result for lee joon gi park min young21-1.jpg

Ok is that really her in the pink jacket? The person's photobucket says so...but I wasn't sure.  I was contemplating what is the connection between LJG & PMY on My Ear's Candy that has something in common with the movie they keep mentioning, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calmi_Cuori_Appassionati.  The only thing I can figure right now is that it's been 10 years since their Spris photoshoots and it's near PMY's birthday (March 4th) but not her 30th birthday.  I'm probably treating this all too literally.  Hahaha

• Like 9

On 3/16/2017 at 3:10 AM, pixelsticks said:

More LJG & Park Min Young past images

Ok is that really her in the pink jacket? The person's photobucket says so...but I wasn't sure.  I was contemplating what is the connection between LJG & PMY on My Ear's Candy that has something in common with the movie they keep mentioning, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calmi_Cuori_Appassionati.  The only thing I can figure right now is that it's been 10 years since their Spris photoshoots and it's near PMY's birthday (March 4th) but not her 30th birthday.  I'm probably treating this all too literally.  Hahaha

Yes, that's PMY in the pink jacket

The movie has something to do with reunion correct? I am guessing that it would be their 10 year anniversary since the Spris Ad and this would be a reunion for them, just as the movie? OR did they ever have the photo shoot in Italy 10 years ago? Hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images
  • Like 10