Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

If LJG is considering his next project, I wouldn't mind him doing a movie like Mr and Mrs Smith, the k-version. LJG kicking richard simmons in suits and romance his female lead. The sexiness of LJG can rival that of Brad Pitt.:blush:

I can just imagine him doing such a movie as he is a total package for such a role: he kicks richard simmons, looks sexy n beautiful, his intense eyes, can dance well (there's a dancing scene between Brad and Angelina) etc. I can totally see him as the Brad of SK in this role.

Romance/thriller genre. Right up his alley n satisfy fans of both genres.

• Like 9

Lee Jun Ki shares his thoughts on his acting career and disappointing 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' TV ratings

lee-jun-ki

Actor Lee Jun Ki recently posed for a photo shoot with 'Singles' magazine, charming everyone with his fall-inspired outfits and gorgeous looks. During an interview at the photo shoot site, the actor discussed his thoughts on his dramas, TV ratings, and his overall acting career and some choices he has had to make. 

When asked to talk about his current drama, 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' Lee Jun Ki admitted, "I have worries about the TV ratings." As a big drama with its original, Chinese version having had huge success, the Korean version is not doing as well in terms of TV ratings. Lee Jun Ki stated, "I feel sad. All the actors and staff worked so hard. Everyone worked so hard..." Aside from the TV ratings, the drama is getting a lot of positive feedback, and many are praising Lee Jun Ki's acting. However, he did not make excuses, saying, "I have no regrets. As a leading role, I must have a sense of responsibility with its success, including TV ratings. As I watch this drama, I am looking for what it is lacking." 

His monitoring does not end there. Lee Jun Ki says that he reads all the comments on articles related to him. He explained, "Not just my works, but I watch almost all dramas and movies that are out to analyze what people like, why certain dramas have high ratings, and why some don't do as well. It helps me be a better actor for the next work and also helps me to select scripts. "

When questioned about plans to get married, he responded, "I have my priorities. I want to be settled as an actor first. It's not just about performing well as an actor. I think a lot about how I can be chosen by the public consistently...Yes, I do feel frustrated with myself sometimes too." 

Spoiler

lee-jun-ki_1476891944_20161019132846_336(1).jpg

lee-jun-ki_1476891945_20161019132846_436(1).jpg

lee-jun-ki_1476891945_20161019132846_484(1).jpg

lee-jun-ki_1476891946_20161019132846_881(1).jpg

lee-jun-ki_1476891946_201610190910778073_5806ba06b5ed9.jpg

lee-jun-ki_1476891946_201610190910778073_5806baf09ef35.jpg

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/10/lee-jun-ki-shares-his-thoughts-on-his-acting-career-and-disappointing-scarlet-heart-ryeo-tv-ratings

• Like 8

Hi everyone, I have not posted in this thread for a long long time ever since I left his fandom. I come here to read once in a while and till now I still acknowledge that Lee Joon Gi is an extremely talented actor. I was kinda relieved that he joined Namoo agency where I believe they really take good care of their artistes. Since the day I met and saw him at a fanmeet in Seoul way back in 2006, I was an ardent fan of his who followed him very closely in his career and projects. Sad to say, he had bad luck with his former agencies who messed up his life when he could have made mega bucks back then till he enlisted for military in May 2010. During the years from 2006 till May 2010, he had 3 management changes (also due to legal contractual issue) but I benefitted al lot because all his managers were very familiar with me and knew me very well by name and sight..lol. I have had 4 good and awesome years with Joon Gi..spent lots of time with him, chatted with him at filming sites for dramas Iljimae and Hero. Took several photos with him when no overseas fan dared to approach him for one..haha. He'd never turned down my requests for a pic with him and also signed more than 30 autographs for me and I also got to hug him twice. It came to a point that I didn't see him as an actor but rather a friend because I could talk to any of his staff and assistants. I even met his father at the office when I happen to drop by one day in Seoul and his boss introduced us. Anyway what I wanted to say that I Ieft his fandom right after his enlistment and I closed down my Singapore fansite because partly I was also tired of fans' jealousy and stuff like that. Then in June 2012 when he was filming for Arang & The Magistrate, I was in Seoul with my Taiwanese, Japanese and Hong Kong friends who are mjaor fans of his and we decided to go look for him. He was already with Namoo with new managers who are strangers to us but we got to see him for 10 minutes after waiting for 2 hours for him to finish his shooting up in the forest. He didn't spot me among the 40 odd fans gathered near his van, but when he got inside and his road manager was busy trying to keep fans away, I walked over to his van because the door was wide opened. I stood at the door and he was seated and I said.."Hi Joon Gi !". He was totally caught by surprise and his eyes opened real wide and that charming smile appeared again for me. He started waving his hands and said.."Hi, long time no see !". Usually I had lots to say but at that moment, I could not think of anything other than replied "Yes"..lol. Somehow I felt at awkward and tongue-tied and after a final wave, I stepped back and walk away. That was my last sighting of this wonderful and friendly actor called Lee Joon Gi back in 2012. A fan of mine sometimes update me about him and I asked her in September 2016 about his current status and was told his gf is an actress ^^ We do think it's about time he gets married when he's ready..haha.

Here is a fancam I took at Nonsan when he enlisted for military :

I truly wish Joon Gi all the best all the way !

• Like 19

11 minutes ago, WendyHo said:

Hi everyone, I have not posted in this thread for a long long time ever since I left his fandom. I come here to read once in a while and till now I still acknowledge that Lee Joon Gi is an extremely talented actor. I was kinda relieved that he joined Namoo agency where I believe they really take good care of their artistes. Since the day I met and saw him at a fanmeet in Seoul way back in 2006, I was an ardent fan of his who followed him very closely in his career and projects. Sad to say, he had bad luck with his former agencies who messed up his life when he could have made mega bucks back then till he enlisted for military in May 2010. During the years from 2006 till May 2010, he had 3 management changes (also due to legal contractual issue) but I benefitted al lot because all his managers were very familiar with me and knew me very well by name and sight..lol. I have had 4 good and awesome years with Joon Gi..spent lots of time with him, chatted with him at filming sites for dramas Iljimae and Hero. Took several photos with him when no overseas fan dared to approach him for one..haha. He'd never turned down my requests for a pic with him and also signed more than 30 autographs for me and I also got to hug him twice. It came to a point that I didn't see him as an actor but rather a friend because I could talk to any of his staff and assistants. I even met his father at the office when I happen to drop by one day in Seoul and his boss introduced us. Anyway what I wanted to say that I Ieft his fandom right after his enlistment and I closed down my Singapore fansite because partly I was also tired of fans' jealousy and stuff like that. Then in June 2012 when he was filming for Arang & The Magistrate, I was in Seoul with my Taiwanese, Japanese and Hong Kong friends who are mjaor fans of his and we decided to go look for him. He was already with Namoo with new managers who are strangers to us but we got to see him for 10 minutes after waiting for 2 hours for him to finish his shooting up in the forest. He didn't spot me among the 40 odd fans gathered near his van, but when he got inside and his road manager was busy trying to keep fans away, I walked over to his van because the door was wide opened. I stood at the door and he was seated and I said.."Hi Joon Gi !". He was totally caught by surprise and his eyes opened real wide and that charming smile appeared again for me. He started waving his hands and said.."Hi, long time no see !". Usually I had lots to say but at that moment, I could not think of anything other than replied "Yes"..lol. Somehow I felt at awkward and tongue-tied and after a final wave, I stepped back and walk away. That was my last sighting of this wonderful and friendly actor called Lee Joon Gi back in 2012. A fan of mine sometimes update me about him and I asked her in September 2016 about his current status and was told his gf is an actress ^^ We do think it's about time he gets married when he's ready..haha.

U are so lucky to know him on a personal basis. Wish I could too.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, WendyHo said:

Hi Wendy, ye, it's been quite a long while since your last post here. I guess you also changed your username, huh? Thanks for sharing once again more about LJK. You're the person I could trust & rely on when it comes to him. Also, thanks for sharing your video here. I guess this is also the 1st time you shared this clip with us here, huh? I wish LJK also all the best, dear! About his current drama, ugh.......... it is so sad - I don't understand for low ratings in this drama, this drama is totally daebak. I am blown away. This is a very fun and unique drama. It is beautiful to watch. I enjoyed watching this drama! The cast is amazing, love it! Every end of the last EP makes us always waiting for the next episode. I love this drama. I love LJK here - his portrayal of the 4th Prince is captivating. The other actors are great too! They all really do well in the drama. The script is fine. IDK, it seems Koreans have different taste. And it’s a shame people don't appreciate art like that. I know he always do the best. Although the drama isn't doing well in Korea but it's still receiving a lot of love from international fans. It's being watched by a lot of people in China. So, the effort that the staffs put into did reach to a lot of people. Don't worry JunKi, Oppa, you're doing great. And this drama is making money since SBS already sold the license to other Asian countries to air this drama. Fighting!

Stay safe, dear. I hope I could get to see you around more here. :P

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi Wendy, ye, it's been quite a long while since your last post here. I guess you also changed your username, huh? Thanks for sharing once again more about LJK. You're the person I could trust & rely on when it comes to him. Also, thanks for sharing your video here. I guess this is also the 1st time you shared this clip with us here, huh? I wish LJK also all the best, dear! About his current drama, ugh.......... it is so sad - I don't understand for low ratings in this drama, this drama is totally daebak. I am blown away. This is a very fun and unique drama. It is beautiful to watch. I enjoyed watching this drama! The cast is amazing, love it! Every end of the last EP makes us always waiting for the next episode. I love this drama. I love LJK here - his portrayal of the 4th Prince is captivating. The other actors are great too! They all really do well in the drama. The script is fine. IDK, it seems Koreans have different taste. And it’s a shame people don't appreciate art like that. I know he always do the best. Although the drama isn't doing well in Korea but it's still receiving a lot of love from international fans. It's being watched by a lot of people in China. So, the effort that the staffs put into did reach to a lot of people. Don't worry JunKi, Oppa, you're doing great. And this drama is making money since SBS already sold the license to other Asian countries to air this drama. Fighting!

Stay safe, dear. I hope I could get to see you around more here. :P

Hi Willenette, yup, it's been a long time. I had to change my username because the one I registered since 2005 was kinda lost and I couldn't log in with that one.

I also don't understand why the ratings for Scarlet Heart is so dismal..maybe partly due to the same timeslot with Park Bogum's Moonlight Drawn By Clouds ? I only caught certain episodes of SH but I was put off by IU's acting ^^ Joon Gi is so much thinner now and he needs to add some flesh to his slim face..he can afford the extra pounds..haha. His acting is just as good as it was many years ago. Hope he will take on a modern drama or movie instead of another historical project ^^ There are his fanmeetings coming up and fans can look forward to this, but I won't be going to any. Anyway SH airs the same time in Korea and Singapore via SBS Onetv and I will try to catch the remaining episodes.

See you around, chingu ~~   

• Like 8

4 hours ago, eeriee said:

Yes, exactly. He has many of those qualities. I feel that way for a few reasons. One, he stated it in interviews. He also stated that he only feels complete when working, otherwise he feels empty. It is mostly from the statements he makes that I feel that way. I felt he was the most candid and open in his Elle magazine interview. Two, surely it is a lonely life to be a celebrity that is single or not in a an open relationship (especially in countries where fans are quick to make dating difficult for celebrities). He has expressed regrets about worrying whether his fans will be okay with him dating, and hope they realize he is at the age where he wants to be with someone, and he doesn't want to be alone forever. He said he wanted to take care of someone. In most countries those are burdens that no one not even celebrities have to shoulder. A celebrity might face criticism if the person they are dating has a really bad reputation, but otherwise there is not the constant fear of scandal or the disappoint of really earnest fans. Either way I wish him a happy life. You understood perfectly, thank you.

Hi eeriee, dating isn't a sin, but right you are - we wonder why do Korean celebrities hide their relationships.  K-entertainment industry wasn't generous to celebrities dating. There was this case before that when news broke out, actresses had to reimburse advertising companies millions of dollars for violating their commercial contract. K-pop boy groups risked losing girl fans. That's why, in Korea celebrities name obscure places like their home, car, and movie theater as the best places for secret dates. Cars and basement parking lots are many celebrities' favorite secret dating spots.  Many K-celebrities go abroad for carefree & romantic dates. K-celebrities think it's necessary to cover up the face with fashion accessories like hat, scarf, sunglasses, and cape when dating. Honestly though, don't you think they look more conspicuous this way? Wearing those stuffs can get you more attention. K-celebrities confess they go to restaurants or bars with a bunch of friends, managers, and drama staff members when dating. This way, their relationship is not an obvious part of the group.  Many celebrities save their lover's pet name instead of real name on their phones. I think if Korea wasn't such a small country unlike US, the celebs would have a much easier time dating. I think that it is so hard being a celebrity that they have to go thru so much just to have a little bit of normal. Having a cup of coffee together in public for celebrities in Korea is considered a scandal. It's absurd, but true. :P

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, WendyHo said:

Hi Willenette, yup, it's been a long time. I had to change my username because the one I registered since 2005 was kinda lost and I couldn't log in with that one.

I also don't understand why the ratings for Scarlet Heart is so dismal..maybe partly due to the same timeslot with Park Bogum's Moonlight Drawn By Clouds ? I only caught certain episodes of SH but I was put off by IU's acting ^^ Joon Gi is so much thinner now and he needs to add some flesh to his slim face..he can afford the extra pounds..haha. His acting is just as good as it was many years ago. Hope he will take on a modern drama or movie instead of another historical project ^^ There are his fanmeetings coming up and fans can look forward to this, but I won't be going to any. Anyway SH airs the same time in Korea and Singapore via SBS Onetv and I will try to catch the remaining episodes.

See you around, chingu ~~   

Wendy, it seems that he's gradually gaining his weight back now.....Like you, I also want him to do a modern drama/movie next. :P

• Like 9

5 hours ago, WendyHo said:

A fan of mine sometimes update me about him and I asked her in September 2016 about his current status and was told his gf is an actress ^^ We do think it's about time he gets married when he's ready..haha.

Sorry to cut your post.... so he has a girlfriend that is an actress (who????) hahahaha.... so very happy for him. I wish him to get married when he's ready and be happy :) 

• Like 10

*** Though the drama isn’t garnering the best ratings domestic-wise, I’m sure many acknowledge that LJK is putting an incredible performance in the drama. His acting skills never seem to disappoint fans. BTW, looking forward for Single magazine next month, November issue. :P

• Like 13

I am sorry to say I can't reveal her name because he has not gone public with his private life as he's in no hurry to get married:lol: 

Some devoted fans will know about it but no one is saying anything, so let's keep it that way till he's ready to say something..haha.

He's also an actor who does not like to strip for the cameras and I was pleasantly surprised when he went bare-chested in SH in one scene !:P

Even though I don't follow him anymore, I'd still like for him to enjoy what he's doing and get more awesome projects in the future !

• Like 12

1 hour ago, WendyHo said:

I am sorry to say I can't reveal her name because he has not gone public with his private life as he's in no hurry to get married:lol: 

Some devoted fans will know about it but no one is saying anything, so let's keep it that way till he's ready to say something..haha.

He's also an actor who does not like to strip for the cameras and I was pleasantly surprised when he went bare-chested in SH in one scene !:P

Even though I don't follow him anymore, I'd still like for him to enjoy what he's doing and get more awesome projects in the future !

Omg you are a master fan!!! Welcome back! I am so eager to know... There is dating rumour with Jeon Hye Bin not once but twice. I do think he is in relationship recently because his chemistry and romance scene with the female lead gone one-notch up in this drama. Haha! Though I only know him more and become a fan recently, I do wish him a great love life. He is also at a marriage age. Many times before, he said he is lonely. So having a partner is good for him so that he won't be so lonely. :) 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, WendyHo said:

I know, he likes to keep his private life private and I respect that. I'm just glad he has a girlfriend and that's good for now hehe.... 

I hope he will get more great projects in the future and I always looking forward for him in both big and small screens. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Mona Ys said:

Sorry to cut your post.... so he has a girlfriend that is an actress (who????) hahahaha.... so very happy for him. I wish him to get married when he's ready and be happy :) 

Lol. My guess is Jeon Hye Bin. She is not my fave (can I ship him with Ha Ji Won or Park Shin Hye? PSH has abundance of luck) but who cares, so long as he is happy. We as fans can't dictate his preference and should always support him. It's his life, he is entitled to love anyone and be happy.  Anyway, I hope he will be paired with either HJW, PSH or Oh Yeon Seo in his next drama. OYS played Wang So's love interest in Shine or Go Crazy and it would be nice to see her with another much hotter Wang So ;).

• Like 6

Okay. Sorry for the many postings. But I just recently feel all nostalgic and since I have read so much about many wanting our Joon Gi to do a modern drama, preferably a rom-com for his next project, I so happened to rewatch one of my fave Japanese dramas, Bijo Ka Yajuu starring my favourite Japanese actor Masaharu Fukyama and suddenly think that Joon Gi would be perfect for the role similar to the one portrayed by my beloved Masha in the dorama. Nagase is bubbly, fun-loving, flirtatious yet upright and his vivacious personalities is just to mask a sensitive and intelligent guy. A lot commented that Joon Gi has high tendency to pick a male-centric project and I think something similar to this would be just wonderful to showcase his light hearted comedic talent.

• Like 8

Because I'm a bit anxious seeing SHR episode 17 preview *don't turn too bad Wang So yaaa I thought I wanted to see a ruthless Wang So but it is going to be hard for my heart to handle that*, so in the mean time, brainwashing myself with cutie Joon Gi ~ 

Lucky lucky fans who will be going to his year-end fanmeetings :) On screen or on stage he is such a treat.

• Like 12