Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

From http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002847992     good news!!! 

The translation  is taken from LJG ru_family. Sorry for my English.  I tried to translate the main sense.

The new drama of SBS ML  on relevance – very first.
The study of relevance is carried out according to rules of the program of relevance "good data". It was found out that with overwhelming advantage the drama ML comes out on top. News and comments, viewing of video, discussion on twitter, blogs and communities were considered.

It is good to use the relevant data for material assessment instead of normal ratings since is result of collection of response of audience within 2-1 weeks after the broadcasting program".

• Like 9

On 11/09/2016 at 0:38 AM, vivovivo said:

Hiii i want you to look forward this... maybe this is what you need...

Thank you so much for this..,

It's a beautiful movie... I cried but felt dissatisfied. The time range is not enough.. I want more.

I see new names here... Hi! (wave wave wave)

On 10/09/2016 at 10:10 PM, Berou said:

Regarding the anti mouvement....if it' s true, don't koreans have better things to do? 

Hates comes when they seek opportunity (low rating) but somehow they add positive thing, the more they buzz, the more ppl will get curious about the drama, they will going to check it.. I felt bad for the actors, they are blame and criticize ( all the princes except KHN.. And IU the most)

Spoiler

I don't want to write this, because this forum is filled with good news for the increase of JG followers in IG and likes in Fan pages... But when my friend show me this comments from a sites where hates are translated. I think the word are too much, in my liking.

Sorry I'm using my phone can't copy it. She quote: " I love Joon Gi but he is a KING of over acting. It looks like he put a one man production of hamlet in his acting." and there was a replied " he can be dramatic too and his Int fans are dramatic too".

Maybe I'm sound biased but every actor tend to overact even the veteran can be. Is he always overacts to be King of it?.. As viewer who marathon and rewatched his drama, I can say he improved and gotten better control in his emotional scene. And he has a full of energy that elevates it, and I think it is natural him.

11 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

When I first saw him in The King and The Clown his face reminded me of the face of a porcelain doll.

He had a doll before not a porcelain one.... But the doll is exactly similar to him. But the cost is too much. If they will going to have one doll for Prince Wang So... I'll going to buy it... :) (no matter how much it is).

@Berou@KdramaSwimmerJoon has always been kind to and considerate of his fans. He always knows that fans who come to see him at any event should have a chance to really meet him, so he has always went out of his ways to oblige us. For example, the last time I met him at his Birthday party event in April this year. After the meeting ended, Joon could have slipped from stage back door and out to his car in seconds and left the premise but he did not do that. He knew well that it would take many minutes for fans to take elevator from the hall where the meeting took place and to reach the parking lot where his van parked. So he waited inside the premise until he made sure we were all gather around the exit door.  He came out and then stopped right in front of us to take selfie clip with his fans, turning his mobile camera this way and that way to capture as many fans as possible.

After that he shook hands with us and took time to get into the van. After his van left, we were still lingered in that area when, bam, he posted the selfie clip he just took with us, on his IG. He did it right from his Van. We, who were there, just  told each others, Joon just upped the clip he just took with us.  I just love him so much. He was so nice to us fans. He looked tired because that was during the shooting of ML but he smiled to us all the time.

I am planning to see him again in Hong Kong next month. I heard he is going there to promote his Never Said Goodbye but nothing is confirmed yet.

• Like 17

I have had to defend him to my sister's criticism of his overacting and although he has done it in his previous shows, I think he showed just the right amount of restraint in MLSHR. He has definitely matured in his acting in this drama. My sister reluctantly agreed that his acting as Wang So is better, but her favourite character for him is in Arang and the Magistrate where he is more natural with the comic scenes, and I can't find fault with that especially after watching him in RM. He is a natural entertainer and I love to watch him in whatever he does so no anti-fan comments will ever change my mind about how amazing an actor our Joon Gi is.

• Like 12

@hiluna, it's true that sometimes, it happens that he overacts. Not to the extent that it bothers me though. And people shouldn't mistake expressiveness with overacting. He himself - even when he doesn't act - is a very energetic and expressive person. And that amount of energy and presence reflect in his works. He was very restrained in SWWTN and is in MLSHR too. He indeed matured a lot in his acting and I'm loving everything we can see through his face, through his eyes. His acting style may not be everyone's taste but it surely is mine :) 
Ah ah his antics and little bickering with Shin Min Ah in Arang were so precious xD I loved him in that too. Probably his closest drama that looks like a romantic comedy, sageuk fantasy style though ;) 

@LyraYoo, the one on the left is his longtime friend Robert Holley, an american living in Korea since ages ~ The one on the right, no idea. Could be the new person he started to follow on instagram today. Anyway, I'm glad he is having a good time with his friends :) 

It's curious he is not flooding his instagram with ML bts pics though, now that the drama is airing.

@minmar, hum... I forgot the exact meaning. It's something like "under the same sky as joon gi". Correct me if I'm wrong I'm not sure at all ^^ 

• Like 11

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" Episode 6

photo763377.jpg

I'm having trouble grasping how much time has progressed in "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo". Last episode had all this beautiful winter scenery and yet this episode there's...none? Does that mean that Soo has been in Goryeo for several months? Because it sure doesn't feel like it's been that long. Mainly this is a consequence of the story having slowed to a crawl, as politics take a backseat to everything revolving around Soo for no good reason.

The crisis in question is very episodic. I suspect it could have been removed completely from the story with no significant long-term changes having been affected. This isn't a bad thing, for the sake of a breather or a change in routine, but then that's the whole problem. There's all this cool stuff going on in the background of "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" and Soo is, as far as all the other characters know, just a normal courtly servant. Why does she warrant such special attention?

IU can act as generally cute as she likes. At the end of the day, I'd like Soo much more as a protagonist if she actually did stuff or showed complex emotional reactions. So far her main apparent purpose has simply been to be liked by the princes. It's also worth iterating that the time travel aspect of "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" has to date, been horribly underused. Aside from Soo's obviously anachronistic personality there's no indication that she is from the future and possesses skills normal Goryeo people do not.

Except when it comes to emoticons, of course. I will admit that "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is reasonably entertaining when it comes to silly comedy. The puppet show was pretty fun, too, even if it does rather beg the question of what exactly the princes do all day. Goryeo isn't a modern monarchy where princes live large on the government dole. Back then royalty were expected to work for their keep, not chase skirts.

Alas, any hope for a more interesting, dynamic plot is going to have to wait until the next episode. I really do hope we're going to get more of Prince So. He's easily the most interesting character because there's all sorts of mysteries swirling about the guy, and it's clear that Prince So himself doesn't know what's going on with half of them. Contrast that to Soo, about which we know pretty much everything and who is, consequently, a tad boring.

Review by William Schwartz

"Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" is directed by Kim Kyoo-tae, written by Jo Yoon-yeong and features Lee Joon-ki, IU, Kang Ha-neul, Hong Jong-hyeon, Nam Joo-hyeok, Baekhyun and Ji Soo.

Episode 6

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

Lee Joon Gi Shares Concerns On Wearing A Mask For “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”

Lee Joon Gi Shares Concerns On Wearing A Mask For “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”

Lee Joon Gi recently talked about his experience on acting while wearing a mask for SBS’s “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo.” The actor plays the fourth prince Wang So, who covers his scarred face with a mask.

For many actors, wearing a mask for a long time can be burdensome and concerning, because it means giving up the benefit of showing their appearance in the drama.

However, Lee Joon Gi’s was less concerned with his physical appearance and was more concerned in a different direction. “Wearing a mask while acting signifies the character’s drama within, so I was very interested and liked it. But when acting, it’s not easy to control my depth perception and there were times when I got dizzy. So I was deeply worried about what to do. Because that aspect intensifies during action scenes, I thought it was important to adjust as soon as possible,” he explained.

The actor also shared his thought process on communicating his emotions, saying, “More than anything, the key point was figuring out how to adjust and communicate Wang So’s emotions to the viewers using my eyes. If I put too much intensity behind my eyes, it could cover Wang So’s story or his pain, and so I put effort in finding the boundaries.”

Lee Joon Gi is currently receiving love from the public for his role as Wang So in the drama “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo.”

Source (1) / soompi news

"Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" Lee Joon-ki charms his brothers

photo763000.jpg

Lee Joon-ki has adjusted to being the Prince.

In the stills of the SBS drama "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo", Wang So (Lee Joon-ki) was seen having a good time with his brothers.

The brothers are playing horseback in two teams while others are watching them.

The 10th prince Wang Eun (EXO Baekhyun) is the jockey while Wang So is the horse with the 13th prince Baek Ah (Nam Joo-hyeok). The 14th prince Wang Jeong (Ji Soo) is the horse for the other team.

Wang So looks very determined about the game. He is so serious he is almost funny and cute.

According to sources, Wang So who moved into to the Imperial Palace, takes various classes to build his strength.

Wang So hasn't been with his brothers long enough so it's awkward but he's trying his best to make it work.

Meanwhile, "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" can be seen on the 12th at 10PM.

Source : www.newdaily.co.kr/ne...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 13

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Sept. 5-11, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

Monday, Sept. 5      
Moonlight Drawn By Clouds 5 KBS 19.3%
Monster 44 MBC 9.4%
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo 4 SBS 5.7%
Drinking Solo 1 tvN 2.9%
Tuesday, Sept. 6      
Moonlight Drawn By Clouds 6 KBS 18.8%
Monster 45 MBC 10.3%
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo 5 SBS 6.0%
Drinking Solo 2 tvN 3.2%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-sept-5-11-2016/

• Like 8

On 9/13/2016 at 0:56 AM, LyraYoo said:

So happy to see more HaJunSe's in JG Thread ! :wub:

He updated his IG an hour ago , I can only recognize his CEO :sweatingbullets:

The old caucasian guy is Robert Holley, one of Joon Gi's best friends. Actually the story behind their friendship is pretty funny, Robert Holley used to be a lawyer and DJ and Joon Gi was an active member of Holley's fan club when he was still a student, thats how they met! And Holley used to refer to Joon Gi as "that ugly boy from my fan club" (he's only kidding)

• Like 11

Hi all!

While we're all enjoying the loveliness of Wang So, I'd like to dig out an old memory of another KDrama of LJG packed with action while also donning a mask. Iljimae from 2008 is being re-released on Blu-ray as a director's cut! 

VPqLixc.jpg

You can pre-order it from Innolife if you're outside of Korea (English/Chinese/Japanese links). (If you're in Korea, use Yes24.)

Basically, Korean fans of Lee Joon-Gi have been working on getting his earlier works released on Blu-ray, and they succeeded with the first one, Time Between Dog and Wolf. Now they're working on the second item of the Lee Joon-Gi Best Collection, Iljimae. They were able to get the director's cut episodes that had been previously released in Japan but now they're with better resolution (1080i). Also, PD Lee Yong-Suk and actor Lee Joon-Gi got together to shoot a 100-minute commentary and interview clip to be added as a special feature. The following two clips are excerpts from them. I typed up a rough translation of them, but depending on the context, I may be way off. 

Warning: If pre-order quantity does not reach 800 copies before September 30, 2016, this release will be canceled. So please help spread the word!

Commentary Teaser:

Spoiler

JG: I’m actor Lee Joon-Gi, who played the role of Iljimae.
YS: I’m PD Yong-Suk Lee from SBS. Nice to meet you.
YS: Of course, you’ve been way busier.
JG: Iljimae forever!
YS: It feels like a long lost child has come back to life.
JG: I’ve gotten a lot better with kissing scenes.
YS: I think we did it without realizing.
YS: I’m sure the viewers were worried, too.
JG: I think everybody had a hard time.
YS: How shall we do it this time…
JG: …as it needs to be different each time.
YS: How to make it look different.
YS: It seemed like we couldn’t get it any better even if we tried again…
JG: I think I would have revealed it.
YS: I thought he was joking as he was drunk, and said “Sure, go ahead” as a joke…
JG: Then, on the day of the script reading!
YS: …and he actually got his teeth removed.
JG: How are we gonna do this, director?
YS: I hope you’ll be able to enjoy the same fun and excitement anew.
YS: Thank you all so much.
JG: Thank you very much
YS: I was told to wave my hands
JG: Thank you, everyone
YS: Yes, thank you

Interview Teaser

Spoiler

Lee Joon-Gi Best Collection Blu-ray Initiative café.daum.net/LJG.Bluray

Part 2. “Iljimae” Release appreciation interview

Actor Lee Joon-Gi
July 25, 2016

I think I’m such a blessed actor.

Thanks to all your support, I’m supposed to be the only actor who gets to have Blu-ray releases of Kdramas from all 3 Korean national networks. Just how amazing is that?

I sincerely thank you for giving me such a distinguished honor. It makes me realize yet again how I couldn’t exist as actor Lee Joon-Gi without your contant love and support.

Today, I got to revisit a cherished memory from the past and reminisce about Iljimae. It was deeply moving. It also served as an inspiration for the future direction of my acting career, and I was able to rediscover the depth of your love for me, which made me very happy.

With this happiness, I will continue to strive onwards to bring better works to you. I’ll keep on trying diligently as I have been to bring you works that will be loved and acknowledged even more than Iljimae.

At any rate, thank you all for this wonderful gift. I don’t know if the short time the PD and I spent together today is any good, but I hope it will come to fruition as an even better gift for you and me.

I sincerely thank you, and I hope you’ll continue to support me and enjoy my acting performance. I truly love you, and wish you happiness. Soon, I’ll come back with a good drama.

Everyone, be in good health and be happy!

Currently taking pre-orders @ <Yes24 & Innolife>
café.daum.net/LJG.Bluray

• Like 13

On 10.09.2016 at 7:22 PM, KdramaSwimmer said:

New to this thread but a die hard fan and Junki junkie for last 4 years I say... and believe me I can just melt looking at his beautiful smile let alone him act with those lovely expressive eyes. And currently watching SHR (not just watching but almost drowing in it with LJK addiction)

Ha! I so know what you feel!

Hello @KdramaSwimmer! I'm glad you joined our thread. :)

On 12.09.2016 at 10:40 AM, patoi said:

the last time I met him at his Birthday party event in April this year. After the meeting ended, Joon could have slipped from stage back door and out to his car in seconds and left the premise but he did not do that. He knew well that it would take many minutes for fans to take elevator from the hall where the meeting took place and to reach the parking lot where his van parked. So he waited inside the premise until he made sure we were all gather around the exit door.  He came out and then stopped right in front of us to take selfie clip with his fans, turning his mobile camera this way and that way to capture as many fans as possible.

After that he shook hands with us and took time to get into the van. After his van left, we were still lingered in that area when, bam, he posted the selfie clip he just took with us, on his IG. He did it right from his Van. We, who were there, just  told each others, Joon just upped the clip he just took with us.  I just love him so much. He was so nice to us fans. He looked tired because that was during the shooting of ML but he smiled to us all the time.

You know I'm super jelaous that you could meet him (and actually touch his hand!!!)? And I'm glad you're one of those lucky fans that coud see him in reality. :)

• Like 10

23 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

@hiluna, it's true that sometimes, it happens that he overacts. Not to the extent that it bothers me though. And people shouldn't mistake expressiveness with overacting. He himself - even when he doesn't act - is a very energetic and expressive person. And that amount of energy and presence reflect in his works. He was very restrained in SWWTN and is in MLSHR too. He indeed matured a lot in his acting and I'm loving everything we can see through his face, through his eyes. His acting style may not be everyone's taste but it surely is mine :) 
Ah ah his antics and little bickering with Shin Min Ah in Arang were so precious xD I loved him in that too. Probably his closest drama that looks like a romantic comedy, sageuk fantasy style though ;) 

@LyraYoo, the one on the left is his longtime friend Robert Holley, an american living in Korea since ages ~ The one on the right, no idea. Could be the new person he started to follow on instagram today. Anyway, I'm glad he is having a good time with his friends :) 

It's curious he is nyot flooding his instagram with ML bts pics though, now that the drama is airing.

@minmar, hum... I forgot the exact meaning. It's something like "under the same sky as joon gi". Correct me if I'm wrong I'm not sure at all ^^ 

FYI , Hajunse is LJK' fanclub 

If i'm not mistaken

• Like 6