❤ Park Shin Hye 박신혜 ❤ | Current Drama: Doctor Slump - Sat & Sun @10:30 PM [Upcoming Drama 2024: Judge From Hell]

NileRose

Ranking the Hong sisters' 9 dramas

Hong_sisters_cover.png

The Hong Sisters' newest drama, Jeju Island Gatsby (aka Warm and Cozy), is coming exclusively to DramaFever on May 13! Become a fan of the series HERE to receive new episode alerts.

As a new K-drama fan, I had the great good fortune to find a lovely little drama called  Greatest Love. Or rather, my K-drama tour guide plunked me down on the couch, turned it on, and two days later I emerged blinking into the sun. Wiping the tears from my eyes, looking longingly down at my empty coffee cup, and feeling viscerally satisfied that not all K-drama heroes looked 17 years old, I learned the keys to K-drama happiness were two ladies known as the Hong Sisters.

As we wait breathlessly for their newest installment,  Jeju Island Gatsby (aka Warm and Cozy), I thought we could have a little fun and rank the Hong Sisters' catalog. And by "we" I mean "I." OK! I'll put a poll in for you! See how I love you?

kdramadiet2.png

9.)  Hong Gil Dong - On paper this show has everything going for it. I had immense love for Kang Ji Hwan from his role in Lie To Me, the first non-high school, rom-com K-drama I ever watched. (Side note: The soda pop kiss is on my list of "watch it to feel better" K-drama scenes) From the genre bending to the ending, I felt unable to get a hold on Hong Gil Dong. It's still cuts above many a run-of-the-mill K-drama, but to me it is the weakest entry.kdramadiet2_I5gRf0H.png8.)  Big - This little gem of a romance sounds so crazy when you try and explain it to anyone who doesn't watch K-dramas: amnesia, strange illnesses, body swapping, noona romance, nefarious relations! Oh and Bae Suzy as the craziest wannabe girlfriend ever! This show has love triangles within love triangles, but it manages to be held sweet and true by Lee Min Jung. The woman who could live chastely with Gong Yoo making goo goo eyes at her is a saint. 

kdramadiet2_KCNTqJl.png

7.) You're Beautiful - The wet patter you hear are fans spewing their drinks all over their screens. I'll say it: this show was almost number 9. NINE, yo! She got the wrong guy in the end. Duck Face McGuyLiner had a reason to be pouty, I grant you, but for her to pick the tortured artist over Jung Yong Hwa with his sweet eyes, kind ways, and OH YEAH enough brain cells to figure out she was a girl right away? The only reason this drama clocks in at number 7 is Lee Hong Ki, whose eternal optimism in the face of heartbreak won him a fan for life.

kdramadiet2_L0Rw7ib.png

6.)  Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang - This rendition of a folktale is leagues ahead of Hong Gil Dong and is the first Hong Sister drama. The sassy Joseon vignettes are a delight in themselves. There are so many funny little things tucked away throughout this show that the see saw of a relationship between Han Chae Young and Jae Hee never lost momentum.

kdramadiet2_8TBQdOm.png

5.)  My Girl - I'll be honest: Numbers 5 through 2 on this list could be switched around depending on my mood. They are all strong entries that I rewatch and come back to. My Girl is the first time I honestly didn't care which guy got the girl; I loved them both equally. I knew I'd be crushed on behalf of whichever cousin lost out.  Lee Da Hae as Joo Yoo Rin was absolutely believable. Every choice she made from picking tangerines to creating her own tour group underlined the reality of who she was. Every writer who wants to write a "poor girl falls for rich guy" story needs to watch this to see how it is done.

kdramadiet2_o9H9VHi.png

4.) Couple or Trouble - I knew this was based off of the Goldie Hawn/Kurt Russell movie Overboard when I started it, and I was extremely curious how on earth they would do it. Let's face it: preening princesses are not the most lovable of protagonists. Yet, and yet, they managed to make you like Han Ye Seul's Joanna without changing the essentials of who she was. This is a drama where you spend the time laughing your head off and saying out loud, "I know that person!"

kdramadiet2_69FInXb.png

3.) My Girlfriend Is a Nine-Tailed Fox - Lee Seung Gi is as cute as a button, but this is Shin Min Ah's show. The energy and enthusiasm she brings bursts from the screen, and it is her potential heartbreak or death at the hands of No Min Woo's mysterious antagonist that rev up the feels. Like other Hong Sister dramas, this drama is populated by a whole cast of characters who seem vibrant and real with their own concerns, romances and goals — Chicken Ahjummah, the Real Action Director, and Seung Gi's loopy Auntie own their screen time.

kdramadiet2_6UB1QRA.png

2) The Greatest Love - This drama is about what grown ups are like. Too many rom-coms center on young, baby faced people with whom you sometimes wonder what on earth their relationship will do when real life kicks in (I'm looking at YOU High School, Love On). But Cha Seung Won and Gong Hyo Jin manage to impart a level understanding about the difficulties of overcoming the little things, the stuff that crops up after the glossy shine of a new relationship wears off. That you knew Doko Jin was the riskier choice for Ae Jung's heart — and still cheered him on — is testament to the writing. That this is the same choice as in You're Beautiful, and I'm being inconsistent in my approval, is a testament to the performances.

kdramadiet2_EQpRdDo.png

1)  The Master's Sun - My regular readers will have guessed that this is my number one pick from before I even wrote this article. It is not, I insist, just because So Ji Sub is miraculously beautiful like a Korean Michelangelo's David. It is because of Gong Hyo Jin's character arc. She conquers her fear. I know it seems like a little thing, but it is a huge thing. Character arcs are often minimal or even static. The bitchy girl becomes less bitchy. The cold hearted guy was revealed to have a warm heart. Someone learns a lesson about kindness. Blah, blah, blah. Overcoming a life lived in fear is major, especially when you really do have something to be fearful of. Her transformation enables the happily ever after. Each episode is packed with humor, chills, romance, and stakes large and small. And a Korean David

credit to dramafever

animated-thank-you-image-0067

• Like 8

More gifs of our lovely Shin Hye on the set of The Heirs 8etf.gif

Credit Pank_Blue

Love her :x

Edit: Shin Hye is such a troll hahahaha (credit @Pank_Blue)

​Awww, I thought it was cute that SH hid behind WB during that BTS haha she looks so tiny next to those giant even though she's pretty tall herself! 

I need more SH news, it's nice to see her CF/endorsements update on her whereabouts but I wonder if it's too much to ask for a project. But I understand that SH would want to finish her school so I will wait for her. In the meantime, I hope once she finishes school and graduate, she could present us with awesome projects!

Patiently (or trying to) wait for SH's return to the screen! Be in a movie or drama =) 

• Like 6

Child Actors Who Grew Up On Setpark-shin-hye-and-yoo-seung-ho.jpg?w=600yoo-seung-ho-and-park-shin-hye.jpg?w=600Since k-dramas often require flashbacks to show what happened to characters when they were children, this creates opportunities for child actors. Some of these child actors like Park Shin Hye, Moon Geun Young and Yoo Seung Ho have gone on to successful careers playing adult roles.

It's a great way to learn your craft. Park Shin Hye has likened growing up with other child actors to being in a large family. Your fellow child actors are siblings that you can have fun with. The older actors that you learn from are like they senior members of your family. These young actors had plenty of senior actors to learn from, since they played the younger version of so many stars.

In her debut drama "Stairway to Heaven" Park Shin Hye played the younger version of the character played by Choi Ji Woo.

Moon Geun Young, who is affectionately known as "the nation's little sister," played the young Empress Myeongseong, a role that was played a little older by Lee Mi Yeon and as an adult by Choi Myung Gil. Moon became a star by playing the young Eun Suh, a a character that Song Hye Kyo later played in the classic k-drama hit "Autumn In My Heart."

Yoo Sung Ho played the young Jo Hyun Jae in "Love Letter," the young Kim Ji Wan in "Sweet Buns," the child version of Kim Myung Min in "Immortal Admiral Yi Sun Shin" and then the young Kwon Sang Woo in "Sad Love Story." He had two more child roles after that before transitioning to older roles. One of them was playing the young Go Joo Won in "King and I" and the young Bae Yong Joon in "Damdoek."

Lee Hyun Woo also started his career as a child actor. He had a role as the young Lee Philip in "The Legend," played the young Song Il Gook in "Lobbyist" and the young Uhm Tae Woong in "Queen Seonduk." Two other actors he has played the kid versions of are Lee Seo Jin in "Gyebaek" and Uhm Tae Woong again in "Man from The Equator."

And there are more actors waiting in the wings. Those wings include child actors who are now playing younger versions of current stars and teen stars making a transition from those roles. Two teen actors who are currently making the transition to older roles are Kim Yoo Jung, who appears in "Angry Mom" and Yeo Jin Goo, who stars in "Orange Marmalade."

Kim Yoo Jung has acted as the younger versions of characters played by Yoon Eun Hye, Moon Geun Young, Park Ye Jin, Han Ga In and Han Ji Hye.

Yeo Jin Goo has played younger versions of Lee Jun Ki, Park Yoo Chun, Kim Soo Hyun and Ji Chang Wook.

As Park Shin Hye, Moon Geun Young, Yoo Seng Ho and Lee Hyun Woo did before them, both teen actors are smoothly making the transition to more adult roles

• Like 6

@Rin90.. It was a reminder from Shin Hye Management, S.A.L.T... For who ever ,have been insult or spread false informations about her/other artist from SALT..  It has to be stop or else SALT would be making legal step..That's might be the reason..

• Like 5

20150422073157682.JPG     

VOTEThere is another online vote running at the moment. 'Young Inspirational person'. It is similar to Goddess of Asia vote and it is free. Please find Shin Hye's photo and click the vote button underneath her. You need to type in verification code afterwards. Can vote every half an hour.http://y.vdfly.com/ =D>

• Like 4