Upcoming Mainland Chinese drama: Take Me Where the Clouds Rise 云起时 starring Li Yi Tong, Joseph Zeng & Deng Wei

SilverDawn

Take me where the clouds rise

Adapted from Japanese novel series: Saiunkoku monogatari -The story of Saiunkoku by Sai Sukino

Bd7Yb1_4f.jpg

• Drama: Take Me Where the Clouds Rise
  • Adapted from Japanese novel series: Saiunkoku monogatari / The story fs Saiunkoku by Sai Sukino
  • Episodes: 36
  • Aired: 2024 - ?
  • Original Network: iQiyii
  • Duration: 45 min.
  • Director: Zhu Shao Jie
  • Screenwriter: Yu Xiao Qian
  • Genres: Comedy, Romance, Wuxia, Fantasy Political, Strong FL

Cast

Li Yi Tong as Fan Yun                      

Joseph Zeng as Qi Zheng

Deng Wei as Zheng Shi

Riley Wang as Gao Ran

Dai Lu Wa as Wei Shi San

Synopsis

Born into the prestigious "Red" family, Hong Xiu Li, despite being the eldest legitimate daughter, lived a life of poverty with her father, Hong Shao Kai, and a mysterious man named Zi Jing Lan, whom her father had taken in during his early years. Having experienced turmoil and understanding the suffering of the people, she, as a girl, couldn't participate in the imperial examination to become an official. Therefore, she pinned her dreams on her children and became a teacher in a private school. The astute Prime Minister Xiao, with keen judgment, enticed Hong Xiuli with a high reward to enter the palace as a noble consort and help the current king, Zi Liu Hui. Zi Liu Hui pretended to be a weak ruler but was actually waiting for his exiled brother, Prince Qing Yuan, to return and take the throne in his place. However, after meeting Hong Xiu Li, he was moved by her wisdom and dedication. He began to diligently handle state affairs and revised the laws to allow women to participate in the imperial examination. Hong Xiu Li excelled in the examination and became the first female official in the Kingdom of Caiyun. She was appointed as a provincial governor. With her efforts, wisdom, strength, and bravery, she quelled rebellions in various states, ushering in an unprecedented era of prosperity and also finding love along the way. (Source: cpophome / Mydramalist.

Trailer

Anime: The anime has 2 seasons and can be found on youtube.

Novel: 18 volumes and 6 side stories. (not fully translated)  

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• SilverDawn changed the title to Mainland Chinese drama: Take Me Where the Clouds Rise 云起时 Li Yi Tong & Joseph Zeng

The only thing  a bit confusing is the new names. When I find a complete list with "new" names vs the japanese character names I will update this post.

So far: 

Shi Ryuuki - Chinese name Qi Zheng - played by Josep Zeng

Kou Shuurei - Chinese name Fan Yun - Li Yi Tong

Sa Sakujun - Chinese name Zheng Shi - Deng Wei (this will be very interesting!) He will be the seductive "bad guy" obsessed with the FL. 

Shi Seiran (lost brother of the emperor) - Chinese name Gao Ran played by Riley Wang

Ran Jyuusan - Chinese name Wei Shi San - played by Dai Lu Wa

@MayanEcho Have you seen the anime Saiunkoku Monogatari? A live action Cdrama is coming up. Perhaps you'd like to add it to your ever growing "too watch list" :D 

@rocher22 @omiki @hush puppy @chichaYou will recognise some character from Lost You Forever. Jing (Deng Wei) will play a very interesting role... the complete opposite of TSJ. 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, SilverDawn said:

Have you seen the anime Saiunkoku Monogatari? A live action Cdrama is coming up. Perhaps you'd like to add it to your ever growing "too watch list

I haven't, though at first glance I thought it was Miyaka of Fushigi Yuugi 😅

• Like 1

• SilverDawn changed the title to Upcoming Mainland Chinese drama: Take Me Where the Clouds Rise 云起时 starring Li Yi Tong, Joseph Zeng & Deng Wei
  • 2 weeks later...