Kim Tae Hee * 김태희 * 金泰希 * キムテヒ

Nancyzak

This article is a clarification by PD Lee that that Song Ik Kook is being considered as the male cast of 'Angel' but nothing is fixed yet. Song is now currently doing MBC 'Jumong' which will only be completed this March. The director mentioned that the casting will be firmed by end of Feb. He also mentioned that there are other male candidates besides Song.

Full Article http://news.media.daum.net/entertain/broad.../v15487537.html

From what I gathered it looks like Song Ik Kook is a strong candidate. It was mentioned previously that shooting will start in Jan, but now that the PD can wait till Feb, i think he really want Song very badly :lol: It must be due to his high popularity from Jumong. Though i prefer them using a new face :P Anyways, Tae Hee is still said as the female cast of 'Angel' *phew*

Specially for istatowin :P , this is Song Ik Kook's pic http://photo-media.hanmail.net/200701/24/m...94115.875.0.jpg

Song Ik Kook soompi thread

I have only watched him in 'Art of Seduction' and he is funny in there... :lol:

WOOT THANKS BEARY!! I like him but Jumong is alright i find it a bit boring at times but he is a excellent choice. I wonder who it will be, hmmm *cough* i heard Won bin is coming back *cough* heheh. Beary its good you helped out istatowin , hahahhaa. But she might forget. hehehe. JK!!

wow so many kim tae hee pictures .. lol i think i saved all of them, glad to see this thread moving along :)

oh btw if the casting is going to be confirmed in feb, does that mean that filming will be moved back and that kth wont go to the us on the 29th or whatever ?

Guest badhairday

badhairday, you're actually required to register before your votes are counted.

cause if you're logged in, after you vote, they'll show you the results. Tae Hee is leading them all i think.

That sucks! I guess that is the fairest way to count. Anyway, as some of you know, I'm currently in the process of watching LSIH. Yeah, I know it's late... but better late than never. I'm actually enjoying it alot.... I wished that I watched it sooner. Because I'm so addicted to this drama right now, I went to youtube to find more info. on the series, I found this scene that I thought was kinda cute and kinda painful to watch. Poor Tae Hee, being thrown around by Rae Won.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-sVz3Kvy0u8

^^ hahah that scene yay, i dont think its romantic at all. Its more like a KRW please dont chuck her around like that. though i understand why its like that but be more gentle with our Angel. it makes me laugh when i see it. But i still enjoy it

Guest truthiness

i do not agree with these bad comments about KTH's acting skills.

Ad Queens Flopping on the Big Screen By Kim Tae-jong

Top-class actresses Jun Ji-hyun, Kim Tae-hee, Ko So-young and Moon Geun-young could be considered jewelry in the world of advertising. But when it comes to the big screen, their glitter doesn’t sparkle as brightly.

These actresses appear in television and newspaper commercials and on billboards for cosmetics, clothes and beverages _ ads any top-rated actresses would kill for.

But why doesn’t their success as brand models lead to the success in the movies?

One of the obvious answers may be the lack of acting skills, which could be true of Kim.

She made her film debut with the local blockbuster fantasy epic ``The Restless’’ last year, but the film sold only 1.5 million tickets nationwide.

Although the film’s failure can’t be totally attributed to Kim, critics says that her clumsy acting made the weak film worse.

Kim first attracted huge attention because of the high expectations people held of her. In many commercials, she projected the image of being pure, innocent and intelligent.

A student of prestigious Seoul National University, she began her career in show business with a TV commercial and then worked as a model for many brands and products, including mobile phones, cosmetics and snacks. She even starred in commercials in Japan.

But neither of Ko nor Jun lack acting experience.

With a 13 years career, Ko has been working hard since returning from a three-year hiatus last year. She appeared in movies and as a model in numerous ads for cosmetics, beverages and apartments

But the horror film ``A.P.T.’’ she appeared in last year _ her first since her return _ flopped. Her latest film, ``Project Makeover,’’ has sold only 18,000 tickets nationwide since its release on Jan. 4.

Jun shot to stardom with her most successful film, ``My Sassy Girl’’ (2001), but since that film, she has had no successes. Her films ``The Uninvited’’ (2003), ``Windstruck’’ (2004) and ``Daisy’’ (2006) were commercial flops.

Jun enjoys more recognition in advertising. Her face and body appear in numerous commercials selling cosmetics, clothes, beverage and electronic goods.

Perhaps what these women need is to break away from the typical images they have long maintained in commercials and to show new sides of their character in movies. At least, that’s the view of Moon.

After the success of ``A Tale of Two Sisters’’ (2003) and ``My Little Bride’’ (2004), Moon enjoyed huge popularity, affectionately being called ``the nation’s little sister.’’

Buoyed by that image, she has starred in many advertisements for products ranging from cookies and cosmetics to a bank and an oil refinery.

Last year, the Korea Advertisers Association voted Moon the best entertainer to sell products.

But after her two successful films, her acting career in her next films, ``Innocent Steps’’ (2005) and ``Love Me Not’’ (2006), in which she played a woman in her early 20s were not so successful.

In many recent interviews, she said that she simply wanted to grow up.

``Because I am a girl now, it’s only fair for people to see me as a girl. But as time goes by, I believe I will understand sorrow, love and pain,’’ Moon said in a recent interview with Reuters.

In her latest appearance in a TV commercial, she challenged herself to show her other sides as a grown-up sex icon with sexy costumes and dance moves.

credit to: The Korea Times

Ad Queens Flopping on the Big Screen By Kim Tae-jong

Top-class actresses Jun Ji-hyun, Kim Tae-hee, Ko So-young and Moon Geun-young could be considered jewelry in the world of advertising. But when it comes to the big screen, their glitter doesn’t sparkle as brightly.

These actresses appear in television and newspaper commercials and on billboards for cosmetics, clothes and beverages _ ads any top-rated actresses would kill for.

But why doesn’t their success as brand models lead to the success in the movies?

One of the obvious answers may be the lack of acting skills, which could be true of Kim.

She made her film debut with the local blockbuster fantasy epic ``The Restless’’ last year, but the film sold only 1.5 million tickets nationwide.

Although the film’s failure can’t be totally attributed to Kim, critics says that her clumsy acting made the weak film worse.

Kim first attracted huge attention because of the high expectations people held of her. In many commercials, she projected the image of being pure, innocent and intelligent.

A student of prestigious Seoul National University, she began her career in show business with a TV commercial and then worked as a model for many brands and products, including mobile phones, cosmetics and snacks. She even starred in commercials in Japan.

But neither of Ko nor Jun lack acting experience.

With a 13 years career, Ko has been working hard since returning from a three-year hiatus last year. She appeared in movies and as a model in numerous ads for cosmetics, beverages and apartments

But the horror film ``A.P.T.’’ she appeared in last year _ her first since her return _ flopped. Her latest film, ``Project Makeover,’’ has sold only 18,000 tickets nationwide since its release on Jan. 4.

Jun shot to stardom with her most successful film, ``My Sassy Girl’’ (2001), but since that film, she has had no successes. Her films ``The Uninvited’’ (2003), ``Windstruck’’ (2004) and ``Daisy’’ (2006) were commercial flops.

Jun enjoys more recognition in advertising. Her face and body appear in numerous commercials selling cosmetics, clothes, beverage and electronic goods.

Perhaps what these women need is to break away from the typical images they have long maintained in commercials and to show new sides of their character in movies. At least, that’s the view of Moon.

After the success of ``A Tale of Two Sisters’’ (2003) and ``My Little Bride’’ (2004), Moon enjoyed huge popularity, affectionately being called ``the nation’s little sister.’’

Buoyed by that image, she has starred in many advertisements for products ranging from cookies and cosmetics to a bank and an oil refinery.

Last year, the Korea Advertisers Association voted Moon the best entertainer to sell products.

But after her two successful films, her acting career in her next films, ``Innocent Steps’’ (2005) and ``Love Me Not’’ (2006), in which she played a woman in her early 20s were not so successful.

In many recent interviews, she said that she simply wanted to grow up.

``Because I am a girl now, it’s only fair for people to see me as a girl. But as time goes by, I believe I will understand sorrow, love and pain,’’ Moon said in a recent interview with Reuters.

In her latest appearance in a TV commercial, she challenged herself to show her other sides as a grown-up sex icon with sexy costumes and dance moves.

credit to: The Korea Times

lol we've already discussed this a few pages back, as long we (the fans) keep supporting kth, it really doesnt matter what the media has to say :)

I think KTH really has a kind of "radiance"/"charm".......

I agree with some of you that she should try out comedy, she may be able to do a good job. She got the "naughty", sunny and bright kind of look. :D

yups irene, i also think she has that radiance & charm especially onscreen!

i have read some pple who say tht she bores them onscreen but she lights me up when she's onscreen :lol:

she shd really try comedy one day, she shd try it all, maybe she hasn't found one genre tht suits her the best :)

This article is a clarification by PD Lee that that Song Ik Kook is being considered as the male cast of 'Angel' but nothing is fixed yet. Song is now currently doing MBC 'Jumong' which will only be completed this March. The director mentioned that the casting will be firmed by end of Feb. He also mentioned that there are other male candidates besides Song.

Song Il Kook is a good actor and he also just won the Top award at MBC awards 2006. ah my feelings was right then, i was thinking they would definitely look at older actors for the male lead of 'Angel'. he's even older than Jung Woo Sung hehe but have been paired up with actresses around Tae Hee's age like Son Ye Jin (Art of Seduction) & Han Hye Jin (Jumong). i'm actually glad he's getting more recognition now with Jumong. i think i read on Newsen that the drama may be pushed to July 2007? if tht's true.... tht'd be a longer wait. but anyway SIK has been offered other roles as well and maybe he'd wanna take a long break too cause he's been doing Jumong for like 1 year! they really want to make this drama 'Angel' a huge blockbuster by aiming at the main star of 2006's biggest drama, maybe they hope 'Angel' will be the biggest drama of 2007.

if istatowin watches Jumong on GMA-7 in Phil, she'd know him :P

EDIT: there's also a latest Ytnstar article which said Tae Hee is NOT doing/NOT casted yet in 'Angel'. her management company called up to clarify tht info saying there's never been an official announcement frm them tht she's in it and tht it is just one of the works to be examined. so the waiting game begins again. hopefully we'll get good news in February. if not Angel, hopefully there'll still be a new work coming up for Tae Hee, whatever she & her management chooses.

But i do think it's clear that the Production Director of 'Angel' wants her and SIK. the choice is in their hands now.

Anyway, as some of you know, I'm currently in the process of watching LSIH. Yeah, I know it's late... but better late than never. I'm actually enjoying it alot.... I wished that I watched it sooner. Because I'm so addicted to this drama right now, I went to youtube to find more info. on the series, I found this scene that I thought was kinda cute and kinda painful to watch. Poor Tae Hee, being thrown around by Rae Won.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-sVz3Kvy0u8

when i first watched it i didn't like Hyeon Woo at all cause he was so rough! then i saw the making of this beach scene :lol:

Rae Won and Tae Hee were laughing while watching the just recorded film. it probably hurts but i know why Hyeon Woo did that, she was like so liveless in low spirits before tht, he had to do something abt it haha. but i dunno how Tae Hee can have so much energy to keep running after that. she looks so active :lol:

read your thoughts posted on LSIH thread after 2 episodes, dya think you can continue posting such thoughts on Tae Hee's acting etc with every 2 eps? haha, i'm greedy i know but just would love to know how you thought of her progress in LSIH.

btw does anyone have pics of kim tae hee's parents .. ive never seen them before .. lol

Here, I took this screencap last year, this is frm Tae Hee's Graduation Clip. You can also see her mother in Tae Hee's SBS 1 hour special when her mother sent her off at the airport for LSIH filming. and also they showed her in the KBS Awards 2004 after her children sang the 'Miracle' song onstage. her mother was at the LSIH press conference too haha and the VIP preview of Tae Hee's movie :P

Kim Tae Hee's Father, Mother and Sister:)

kthfamilyld0.jpg

Guest suejinners

From what I gathered it looks like Song Ik Kook is a strong candidate. It was mentioned previously that shooting will start in Jan, but now that the PD can wait till Feb, i think he really want Song very badly :lol: It must be due to his high popularity from Jumong. Though i prefer them using a new face :P Anyways, Tae Hee is still said as the female cast of 'Angel' *phew*

Specially for istatowin :P , this is Song Ik Kook's pic http://photo-media.hanmail.net/200701/24/m...94115.875.0.jpg

^ OMG.

that would be soo good if he got the roll

but i doubt song il kook will take it. His role in JuMong is physically straining as it is... His mom hates the fact he never uses a stunt double.

Acting wise.... he got crazyyy popular from Jumong but he was always a good actor!<3 JuMong<3

I want a new face ... but what if he isn't a good actor? you know? there might not be enough pulling power... audience wise.

-edit.

song il kook's side has said that sik will prob participate in a movie rather than a drama as his next project

Guest badhairday

Hmmm... I would like Tae Hee to act with So Ji Sup. He's supposed to out of the military soon.

read your thoughts posted on LSIH thread after 2 episodes, dya think you can continue posting such thoughts on Tae Hee's acting etc with every 2 eps? haha, i'm greedy i know but just would love to know how you thought of her progress in LSIH.

kthfamilyld0.jpg

Thanks Syah for your support. I just finished epi. 4 and will post my thoughts in the LSIH thread. Actually loving the school scenes thus far.

beary, you have come to the rescue once again!

thanks for finding the lsih interview clip! i know i was missing this clip and now i can finally watch it :D

i can only understanding certain words she said in the interview but i love to see her talking about Su In :)

but anyway, on to something sad.

have you all read abt South Korean pop singer U-Nee who died on January 21?

i think i read on Tae Hee's japanese fansite (blog.goo.ne.jp/kimtaehee-kimtaehee) that TAE HEE and the late U-Nee are friends/acquaintances. Like TAE HEE, there were a lot of vicious writings online about her by netizens. it is said that she was mentally and physically damaged by this and got depression. in the end, she commited suicide by hanging herself on Sunday. this sudden death of hers will have surely made TAE HEE, her loved ones & fans deeply sad.

not too sure whether Tae Hee and the late U-Nee are friends but all this kinda show the "power" of the netizens in Korea, how they can affect a celebrity like that. in this case, maybe can make you think, what if it's Tae Hee? we know she is strong and everything and thankfully has strong family, friends, fans support & religion but there's always so much one can take and hopefully the korean netizens stop attacking other humans so easily.

syah you make me sound like some lifesaver :lol:your feelings for SSH is back? heeeheee

after i read about the sad news of U-Nee, I was really concerned about Tae Hee too, since she has alot of bad comments going on recently... i am really wishing that she must hang on there and remain strong... i hope her family, friends and colleagues will be around to give her support.. those korean netizens are not ever going to stop their nonsense... i hope they spare the artistes, they are humans too...

I agree with some of you that she should try out comedy, she may be able to do a good job. She got the "naughty", sunny and bright kind of look. :D

i agree with you irene... she shines :w00t:

truthiness i don't buy their story too ;) no matter what, we are supporting Tae Hee all the way...

EDIT: there's also a latest Ytnstar article which said Tae Hee is NOT doing/NOT casted yet in 'Angel'. her management company called up to clarify tht info saying there's never been an official announcement frm them tht she's in it and tht it is just one of the works to be examined. so the waiting game begins again. hopefully we'll get good news in February. if not Angel, hopefully there'll still be a new work coming up for Tae Hee, whatever she & her management chooses.

But i do think it's clear that the Production Director of 'Angel' wants her and SIK. the choice is in their hands now.

alright, we are back to starting point... :tears:

^ OMG.

that would be soo good if he got the roll

but i doubt song il kook will take it. His role in JuMong is physically straining as it is... His mom hates the fact he never uses a stunt double.

Acting wise.... he got crazyyy popular from Jumong but he was always a good actor!<3 JuMong<3

I want a new face ... but what if he isn't a good actor? you know? there might not be enough pulling power... audience wise.

-edit.

song il kook's side has said that sik will prob participate in a movie rather than a drama as his next project

yup i agree with you.. doesn't sound right that he will take up Angel... i would think he needs a break after Jumong.. and thanks for the update on his next project...

Guest istatowin

istatowin is still in posting mood.. keep on posting ;)

--------------------------------

Reup this at LSIH thread so I thought I should post it here too

Interview during LSIH shooting

et0628e0000800.jpg

et0628e0000800.asf

credit sbs

wow! thank you sis! :D

actually just got those pics from showwallpaper forum...only learned they hav a forum too this week :lol:

Guest istatowin

Yup and istatowin you went Tae Hee crazy again, i should join you but i never no where to look. ahhaha. Its hard to find things about her but i think i dont search right.

and here is the translation...

Go Younha "Audition(Time2Rock)"

Pretending to be normal and living quietly is dull and boring

Pay attention!

Even if you try to stop me, what are you going to do?

That's just the way I am.

Keep it a secret to Mom.

It’s really the last time this time!

Time2Rock! Ready go!

The sun is so warm.

Today my condition is so good!

My pounding heart, Let it go!

The way I am today,

I’m going to show you

The world’s one and only me

Everyone glances at my face with dissatisfaction

But I don’t crumble at that,

Because I have a future ahead of me.

You! Don’t ignore me like that

Tomorrow, I’m going to be a star!

Time2Rock! Ready go!

When I go up on stage

I always feel good.

My two small hands, Let it go!

Piano, With my own melody

I’m going to make my dreams shine

Bye bye bye cry good bye bye bye days

Yell it out louder!

Time2Rock! Ready go!

When I go up on stage

I always feel good.

My two small hands, Let it go!

Piano, With my own melody

I’m going to make my dreams shine

Credits: Go Younha@ Soompi Thread and 보석미남 @ Soompi

You can understand it really good? heheh its speaks alot to people i think whether or not your in the entertainment business but I love Younha, hehehe. And Tae Hee of course :blush:

alo sis! thanks! can i hav the original lyrics too? :D thanks...

i love the lyrics :lol::D

beary, you have come to the rescue once again!

thanks for finding the lsih interview clip! i know i was missing this clip and now i can finally watch it :D

i can only understanding certain words she said in the interview but i love to see her talking about Su In :)

but anyway, on to something sad.

have you all read abt South Korean pop singer U-Nee who died on January 21?

i think i read on Tae Hee's japanese fansite (blog.goo.ne.jp/kimtaehee-kimtaehee) that TAE HEE and the late U-Nee are friends/acquaintances. Like TAE HEE, there were a lot of vicious writings online about her by netizens. it is said that she was mentally and physically damaged by this and got depression. in the end, she commited suicide by hanging herself on Sunday. this sudden death of hers will have surely made TAE HEE, her loved ones & fans deeply sad.

not too sure whether Tae Hee and the late U-Nee are friends but all this kinda show the "power" of the netizens in Korea, how they can affect a celebrity like that. in this case, maybe can make you think, what if it's Tae Hee? we know she is strong and everything and thankfully has strong family, friends, fans support & religion but there's always so much one can take and hopefully the korean netizens stop attacking other humans so easily.

oh my!! thats horrible!!! my condolences to her family n friends :(

your last paragraph made me teary-eyed...NO NO NO! stay strong angel!!!

alo irene!

accurate descriptions :D

Guest istatowin

:blush: :blush: sis beary! i think i know him... :lol:

syah, im watching JUMONG now :P and im enjoying it! :D

i find Jumong's charcter entertaining but i dun consider him as oppah yet :P:lol:

Guest istatowin

more fanarts from sis dayee (pex)

bannerLSIH9.jpg

bannerLSIH10.jpg

:wub::)

WOOT THANKS BEARY!! I like him but Jumong is alright i find it a bit boring at times but he is a excellent choice. I wonder who it will be, hmmm *cough* i heard Won bin is coming back *cough* heheh. Beary its good you helped out istatowin , hahahhaa. But she might forget. hehehe. JK!!

ur teasing me? bop.gif:lol: what to do? hihi.gif

KTH in Taiwan...

kimtaehee5482ajsb0.jpg