[Drama 2024] Romance in the House, 가족X멜로

"Transfer Love Couple Version" 'Family X Melo' Ji Jin-hee VS Son Na-eun, Father-Daughter Love Triangle [Comprehensive]

697058_1084873_850.jpg

On the afternoon of the 9th, the production presentation for JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Family X Melo' was held online. PD Kim Da-ye and actors Ji Jin-hee, Kim Ji-soo, Son Na-eun, Choi Min-ho, and Yoon San-ha attended the event and shared various stories about the work.

'Family X Melo' is a bloody family melodrama about a father who was thrown away 11 years ago due to a failed business and returns as the owner of our building. PD Kim Da-ye introduced 'Family X Melo' as, "The abandoned father returns after 11 years as the owner of our building. It is a drama that is both cheerful and touching, with a father-daughter competition between the father who tries to get back together with his ex-wife and the daughter who cannot accept the father who made her mother suffer."

He continued, "It has the excitement of a 'transfer love' couple version of the X wife and husband, and it has the emotions about family that any daughter in Korea would have. Family is a complicated and subtle relationship that is sometimes lovable, resentful, and pitiful, but also explosive. It is a drama that people of all ages can relate to because it shows the emotions that unfold because it is a family."

Ji Jin-hee, who plays the father Byun Moo-jin who suddenly becomes rich, introduced the points to watch for in 'Family X Melo' as, "A reckless man gets divorced and returns as a building owner. There are mysterious things that happen during the process, and there are also parts that are different from the roles I have played so far, so those parts will be fun to watch."

697058_1084874_926.jpg

Ji Jin-hee, who returned as Byun Moo-jin in 'Family X Melo' after Park Moo-jin in tvN's 'Designated Survivor: 60 Days', explained about the two Moo-jin characters, "If Park Moo-jin shows a serious, accurate, and growing appearance, Byun Moo-jin is lighthearted and thoughtless, so many people approach him and get hurt a lot, but he only thinks about one thing, love, which is a cool character."

PD Kim Da-ye said about the reason she cast Ji Jin-hee for the role of Byun Moo-jin, "I also wanted to see Ji Jin-hee's comedy. He is such a funny person and has a mature face that makes him comedic. But he also focused on acting his emotions, so Moo-jin's charm came out well." She expressed her confidence, saying, "Regardless of age, many women will be captivated by Moo-jin and Jin-hee." Kim Ji-soo, who plays Geum Ae-yeon, introduced her as "Ae-yeon is a character who divorces her husband and raises two children with strength and tenacity while navigating reality," and foreshadowed, "When her husband, who she thought was dead, appears as a sudden millionaire, she falls into confusion and doesn't know what to do between her daughter and her husband. In addition to the melodrama with her husband, there is also a melodrama with a mother and daughter."

Kim Ji-soo said about why she chose 'Family X Melo', "I've been waiting for a project that is cheerful but also warm, comical, and touching," and answered, "The characters I've played so far have been restrained, refined, and elegant. I'm not a scary woman, but an elegant and unconcerned woman. I was tired of those roles, so I really liked the fact that this character is full of life and friendly." She continued, "I also liked the unique setting of the father, mother, and daughter melodrama. Also, when I heard that Ji Jin-hee was going to play Byun Moo-jin, I thought that I absolutely had to do it. I was curious about the other actors, including Son Na-eun, and I was so happy to meet them in the project," adding her affection for the cast.

Spoiler

697058_1084876_1011.jpg

Also, Kim Ji-soo, who became a hot topic by expressing her affection for the drama during the script reading, said, "I felt strongly that I should not miss this script and character. The production process was long, but I thought I might cry on the first day of the reading after a long wait, but I was so happy that I didn't cry," and explained, "That's why that happiness was completely evident on the set. I was touched by Ae-yeon's feelings, and all the characters in our drama are lovable. When I think of all the characters in Family X Melo, my heart gets tingly." Ji Jin-hee and Kim Ji-soo reunited in 'Family X Melo' 10 years after SBS' 'A Word of Warm Word' ended in 2014. Ji Jin-hee said that he had a similar relationship 10 years ago, and explained, "10 years ago, I wasn't hung up like this. I thought I hung up in a cool way, but this time, I'm just going straight ahead. Whether I was young or old, I only went straight ahead with sincerity to win Ae-yeon, so Ae-yeon must have wavered a lot."

Spoiler

697058_1084875_949.jpg

Kim Ji-soo said, "In 'A Word of Warmth', they get divorced in the drama. I went through with the divorce then, and this time, I can't live like this anymore, so I'm going to get divorced. At that time, it was a mental affair, and now I'm a troublemaker, so I got divorced." She continued, "In 'A Word of Warmth', Jae-hak was a cold character, so he wanted to reunite while maintaining his pride, but in this drama, he only looks at Ae-yeon without any pride or anything." She made everyone laugh.

Son Na-eun plays Byun Mi-rae, the daughter of Mu-jin and Ae-yeon. Son Na-eun explained her character, "She's a multi-talented and confident character who is the eldest daughter with a strong sense of responsibility and sacrifice who does everything for her mother, and is also an ace among the food team MDs."

Son Na-eun, who showed off her splendid charm as the youngest daughter of a conglomerate family in JTBC's 'Agency', will show off her unexpected charm in 'Family X Melo' as the modest eldest daughter K. Son Na-eun also said about her future character, "It's the most realistic and everyday character I've played," and "So I tried to show an ordinary and everyday appearance in terms of visuals. I thought a lot about how I could show a natural, easygoing, and confident appearance through my actions and speech, because I wanted her to be a friendly character that you can often see around you."

697058_1084878_1051.jpg

Son Na-eun, who said that it wasn't hard to act with seniors Ji Jin-hee and Kim Ji-soo, said, "Mu-jin's father has a love-hate relationship, so most of the scenes are about bickering and fighting. There were a lot of complicated emotional scenes, but I'm grateful that they waited for me and were considerate so that I could do well on set."

She continued, "Ae-yeon's mother is like a friend, so we met often from the beginning to build a relationship and intimacy. We filmed like real mothers and daughters on set, and at some points, I could feel the affection just by looking at her," expressing her affection.

Choi Min-ho plays Nam Tae-pyeong, a Taekwondo instructor who is a former national Taekwondo team member. Choi Min-ho, who introduced him as "a young man who is the son of a wealthy family but hides his identity and lives diligently," added, "He seems to be mature but doesn't listen to his parents and lives with his own way of thinking. I hope you look forward to his chemistry with Son Na-eun."

Regarding the reason for choosing the work, he answered, "I had no reason not to do it because I could work with good colleagues. Taepyeong has a pain that others don't know about, so I thought, what if I show that pain to many people through my eyes?"

Spoiler

697058_1084879_1118.jpg

Choi Min-ho said about his sweet and romantic chemistry with Son Na-eun, "Taepyeong and Mirae weren't close, but they got to know each other's secrets and pains and developed a relationship while empathizing with each other. Naeun and I actually met on stage and in previous works, but we weren't close, so I thought it would be better if we incorporated this into the work, and it worked out well."

He continued, "While filming, I got close to Son Na-eun a lot, and there were awkward and exciting parts, but I developed a sense of challenge and worked hard on filming. Later, we became so close that we joked around a lot, and it was fun filming," raising expectations. Yoon San-ha, who plays Byun Hyun-jae, introduced him as "a cute and mischievous friend who follows his dad around and dreams of being a little Byun Moo-jin," and said, "I always tried to show a bright side and act as a mood maker."

'Family X Melo' will premiere on the 10th at 10:30 PM.

https://www.spotvnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=697058#_PA

More pictures

• Like 3

JTBC Sat-Sun Drama <Family X Melo> Production Presentation ⓦJi Jin-hee, Kim Ji-soo, Son Na-eun, Choi Min-ho, Yoon San-ha

The day chemistry exploded🔥 Minho confronts the Byun siblings (Naeun & Sanha)│Family X Melo│Jeongjeong One Two EP.03

Press conference pictures

high.jpg&w=1920&q=75

• Like 2

Jeong Seok-yong confirmed to appear on JTBC's 'Family X Melo' 'Breathing with Ji Jin-hee and Kim Ji-soo'

319218_345152_4006.jpg

Actor Jung Suk-yong will appear in the drama 'Family X Melo'. JTBC's new Saturday-Sunday drama 'Family X Melo', which will be aired for the first time on the 10th, is a bloody family melodrama about a father who was abandoned 11 years ago and returns as the building owner of our house.

Jung Suk-yong will transform into Jang Chun-sik, the tycoon of Yongdong-dong who has been running a 'hardware store' in the same place for over 30 years. He is a character who knows everything about the circumstances of every house in the neighborhood, but he has a poor memory, so he cannot convey everything clearly, adding to the fun of watching and making viewers laugh.

Jung Suk-yong, who has confirmed his appearance, said, "'Family X Melo' is a great piece with a dense story development and plausibility. I remember the director communicating directly with the actors on set and creating the piece, which made filming enjoyable and easy for me personally."

He added, “I’m excited to be able to greet you like this. Since this is the sequel to my previous work, ‘The Girl Who Is Different During the Day and Night,’ I hope it will receive good energy and be loved. Please watch it a lot.”

Starting with the 2024 drama ‘Marry My Husband,’ Jung Seok-yong has been showing his hard work by appearing in a number of works including ‘Sejak, The Fascinated,’ ‘The Girl Who Is Different During the Day and Night,’ and ‘Thank You.’ Everyone is paying attention to his continued activities as he returns to the small screen right away with ‘Family X Melo.’ Meanwhile, JTBC’s ‘Family X Melo,’ starring Jung Seok-yong, will premiere at 10:30 p.m. on the 10th.

https://www.focusi.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=319218

by lo_ve, August 9, 2024
1 0

Jung Suk Yong will join  Ji Jin Hee, Kim Jee Soo, SHINee's Choi Min Ho, ASTRO's Yoon San Ha, and APINK's Son Na Eun in the soon-to-premiere K-drama Romance in the House.

On August 9, it was officially confirmed that Jung Suk Yong will be added to the cast of the upcoming JTBC K-drama. 

Romance in the House will depict the story of a family. The father abandoned his family when his business failed but after 11 years, he returned as a billionaire and wants to be with his wife and daughter's life again. 

Director Kim Da Ye (Salon De Nabi) will work with writer Kim Young Yoon for the upcoming K-drama. MI and SLL will produce the K-drama. 

The main leads and the production team attended and held their press conference today. 

0w8xNr_2f.jpg

In the series, Jung Suk Yong will portray the role of Jang Chun Shik. He is a leader of Yongdong-dong. He also runs a hardware store for over 30 years. He is a witness to all the happenings in the neighborhood but he cannot clearly convey them because of his poor memory. 

This will be his fourth K-drama for the year. He recently starred in the hit series Miss Night and Day as APINK Jung Eun Ji's father. He also appeared in the K-dramas Marry My Husband and Captivating the King

Jung Suk Yong also made a special cameo appearance in the first two episodes of The Auditors.

The actor will also star in the upcoming film Jung Family's Farm led by Ryu Seung Ryong, Park Hae Joon, Ong Seong Wu, Lee Sang Hee, and Jun Suk Ho

Jung Suk Yong is known for being part of the K-dramas Move to HeavenArthdal ChroniclesAvengers Social ClubGood ManagerLove in the MoonlightSignal, and more. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/jung-suk-yong-joins-the-cast-of-romance-in-the-house

• Like 3

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] Romance in the House, 가족X멜로-Ji Jin Hee & Kim Ji soo - Sat & Sun@22:30KST

Premiere Watch: Romance in the House

by missvictrix

high.jpg&w=1920&q=75

Time slot: Saturday-Sunday
Broadcaster: JTBC
Genre: Family, melo, rom-com
Episode count: 12
Global Streamer: Netflix

Reasons to watch: Well, this should be fun. Prodigal father Ji Jin-hee returns after once disgracing and abandoning his family. Now, he’s a wealthy landlord trying to win back the affection of his wife (Kim Ji-soo), daughter (Sohn Na-eun), and son (Yoon San-ha). Hmm, something tells me he won’t lose. From the Korean title (literally Family x Melo) to the promos thus far, it looks like Romance in the House will be a self-aware drama that isn’t afraid to pull all the punches.

TL;DR: Prepare to get your pants charmed off.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/premiere-watch-romance-in-the-house/

Romance in the House Episode 1 Recap and Review: Byeon Moo-jin Brings Chaos into Geum Ae-yeom’s Life!

romance-in-the-house-ep-1-still-2-696x33

August 10, 2024

Romance in the House brings the fascinating, dramatic, and a little comic tale of a father who is trying to reunite with his family after being kicked out for dragging them through serious financial struggles. The story revolves around Byun Moo-jin and his struggle to reunite with his wife Geum Ae-yeon after he returns as a successful man, and also the owner of the villa building they live in.

The drama begins with a look into Byeon Mi-rae’s life, which is filled with chaos as she pushes herself all day to ensure she becomes an ideal employee to support her family to the best of her ability. However, this zeal can be troublesome sometimes, especially after she faints at work after a rigorous inspection by the CEO of the mart where she works.

While her chemistry with her mother, Ae-yeon, at work makes her stand out during this inspection, she ends up being carried to the hospital by the security guard of the mart- a young man named Nam Tae-pyung. While she is getting her IV drips at the hospital, she gets a call informing her about a fire in the building she lives in.

romance-in-the-house-ep-1-still.jpg

Mi-rae runs home with her mother and is happy to see their dog Medal and her younger brother Hyeon-jae safe, but are soon shocked to see their landlord dead as it was his flat that was burning. A few days later, Ae-yeon finds out that they have a new landlord who has asked to meet her and two other tenants.

The result of this meeting is that she and the other two tenants have to decide who among them will be ready to move out as the new landlord needs a flat available to move in. As their contracts are soon coming to an end, one of them will have to move. Ae-yeon is shocked by this and tries to contact her old landlord’s daughter to see if she can help her.

more https://www.leisurebyte.com/romance-in-the-house-episode-1-recap/

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

20240811002550_The-Auditors-Romance-in-t

"The Auditors" Heads Into Finale On Highest Saturday Ratings Yet As "Romance In The House" Premieres

Meanwhile, JTBC’s new drama “Romance in the House” got off to a promising start, premiering to an average nationwide rating of 4.8 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1680405wpp/the-auditors-heads-into-finale-on-highest-saturday-ratings-yet-as-romance-in-the-house-premieres

• Like 1

20240811065641_Romance-in-the-House-9.jpJi Jin Hee Moves In Next Door, To Sanha's Delight And Son Naeun's Disapproval, In "Romance In The House"

Aug 11, 2024
by E Cha

Ji Jin Hee is about to become next-door neighbors with his long-lost family on “Romance in the House”!

“Romance in the House” is a new JTBC drama starring Ji Jin Hee as Byun Moo Jin, a man who vanished into thin air after his wife Geum Ae Yeon (Kim Ji Soo) divorced him 11 years ago. After being presumed dead by his family for over a decade, he suddenly re-enters their life as their wealthy landlord.

Spoilers

On the first episode of “Romance in the House,” Byun Moo Jin shocked his ex-wife Geum Ae Yeon and their kids, Byun Mi Rae (Son Naeun) and Byun Hyun Jae (ASTRO’s Sanha), when he waltzed into their home and unexpectedly revealed that he was their new landlord.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming second episode, Byun Moo Jin takes things a step further by moving in next door. Despite the intense awkwardness of the situation, with all the building’s residents knowing that he is Geum Ae Yeon’s ex-husband, Byun Moo Jin calmly greets his new neighbors with a warm smile and a friendly handshake.

After 11 years of not seeing hide or hair of Byun Moo Jin, Geum Ae Yeon looks aghast at the fact that she will now have to see her ex-husband every single day. However, her son Hyun Jae seems oblivious to his mother’s feelings as he happily rushes to help his father move in.

Meanwhile, Mi Rae watches the entire situation unfold from afar with a fierce look of disapproval. As she glares at her estranged father through the window of her car, it’s clear that she isn’t willing to let him saunter back in and shake up their formerly peaceful lives without a fight.

Romance-in-the-House-2-1.jpg

The “Romance in the House” production team teased, “There’s a reason that Episode 1 had a powerful ending with Moo Jin making a majorly cheesy entrance. He will be bombarding Ae Yeon with all sorts of concentrated flirting techniques that show off his charms at full blast. He will also cause big waves among the residents of Family Villa, who have been like family to one another for many years. Please look forward to Episode 2, which will be twice as fun [as the premiere].”

The second episode of “Romance in the House” will air on August 11 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1680450wpp/ji-jin-hee-moves-in-next-door-to-sanhas-delight-and-son-naeuns-disapproval-in-romance-in-the-house

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

The guy was the Dae Jang Geum’s husband and he played a cheating husband with this same actress. They got back together for the kids. :surprisedwut:

I am going to give this a try. There must be a fair bit of recollections in the last 11 years, not looking forward to it. 
It is supposed to have comedic moments - nice. 
There is no love triangle, Think Sally Kohn GIF by The Opposite of Hate

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Haha I liked the first episode. And the nosy neighbour lol - will stay on to see if JJH is indeed a shady man (and killed the old owner) or if he somehow managed to get his life back on track.

Cool to see the father from Reborn Rich again! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agenth said:

Cool to see the father from Reborn Rich agai

Also the oldest son, playing a goofy character, similarly in Queen of tears. 

2 hours ago, agenth said:

stay on to see if JJH is indeed a shady man (and kill

This seems like a romance/ comedy with some melodrama, don’t think he is the baddie. 

The daughter’s love interest was in Hwarang, first time I see the guy with bigger eyes than the girl’s.

• Like 1

Maybe on second thoughts, the father may not be a fine upstanding man. We were shown his extensive tattoos in ep. 1.  The eccentric head of the mart seems a potential suitor for the mum. 

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 2! :).

20240811235634_The-Auditors-Romance-in-t

"The Auditors" Ends On Highest Ratings Of Its Run + "Romance In The House" Rises For 2nd Episode

Meanwhile, JTBC’s new drama “Romance in the House” rose to an average nationwide rating of 5.2 percent for its second episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1680597wpp/the-auditors-ends-on-highest-ratings-of-its-run-romance-in-the-house-rises-for-2nd-episode

by Lily Alice, August 12, 2024
2 1

JTBC's Romance in the House started off scoring 4.78% (episode 1) and 5.17% (episode 2), a promising start for the weekend drama. 

Romance in the House is a melodrama where the father, who was cut off by his family 11 years ago due to his multiple business venture failures, returns as the owner of their building. He tries to win back his family, who still harbor resentment towards him. The K-drama aims to convey the true meaning of family to viewers and stars Ji Jin HeeKim Jee SooSon Na EunChoi Min Ho, and Yoon San Ha, among others. 

pd3Wgy_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Romance in the House?

Episode 3 of Romance in the House will air on August 17 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/romance-in-the-house-gets-a-promising-start-bad-memory-eraser-goes-steady

Romance in the House: Episodes 1-2

by Unit

Romance in the House opens its doors and welcomes us to a habitation of second chance romances, family drama, neighborhood hijinks, and a whole lot of chaos. If this premiere week is anything to go by, we are in for a fun and heartwarming show — maybe with a few tears here and there, but nothing too serious.

EPISODES 1-2

Our show wastes no time introducing us to its main character, Family Villa, which is the titular house that everyone and everything in the drama revolves around. Family Villa is a seemingly ordinary apartment building where the overworked food merchandiser, BYUN MI-RAE (Sohn Na-eun), resides. Mi-rae is Commander in Chief of Tteokbokki Affairs at J Plus, and her mom, GEUM AE-YEON (Kim Ji-soo), is the tteokbokki salesperson at the company’s mart. Mi-rae survives a random mart inspection by the CEO, impressing him, even. But she soon faints from exhaustion, and has to be rushed to the ER on an ambulance the warm and sturdy back of NAM TAE-PYEONG (Minho), a security guard at J Plus. Must be nice.

At the emergency room, Mi-rae gets an emergency call informing her that Family Villa is on fire. And on arrival, Mi-rae and Ae-yeon do an Olympic sprint to claim their medal — as in Medal, their dog. The one they refer to as their “youngest” over their actual lastborn, BYUN HYUN-JAE (Yoon San-ha). Lol. The semi-good news is: the fire only affected the landlord’s apartment. The bad news is: Landlord died in the fire. The worse news is: the fire might have been arson, not an accident. Welp! So much for a light family drama.

The tenants at Family Villa expect the landlord’s daughter to inherit the building, so they’re shocked to hear that: 1) the building has been sold; 2) Mr. New Landlord plans to move into the building; 3) since the old landlord’s apartment is burnt, he will be moving into one of the three apartments with soon-to-be expired contracts. But the three apartments plan to renew their contracts, and they each set out to convince Mr. New Landlord on why they should be the ones to remain at Family Villa. Hairdresser Tenant uses the sympathetic single lady card, Grandmother Tenant plays the cute grandson card, and Ae-yeon goes with the widowed mother of two card. It’s left to see which card the landlord will toss out of the pile.

Ae-yeon and Hyun-jae do not disclose this new development to Mi-rae because she’s paying rent alongside Hyun-jae’s college tuition, and they don’t want to burden her with more. It’s evident that love, not duty, is the driving force for everything Mi-rae does for her family. Still, we get a sense that she places the family above herself and her own needs. Interestingly, Mi-rae is firmly on team anti-marriage, and I’m curious to see how this sentiment will play out in the light of her upcoming romance arc. Will the drama dare to be different by giving us a romance without marriage as its end goal? Or will it succumb to the pressure of a happily ever after involving a white dress and a suit?

The first death anniversary for Mi-rae’s dad comes around, and Mi-rae is not onboard with Ae-yeon’s plan to hold a memorial for him. I mean, why should they? They kicked Dad out ten years ago, and he was a stranger to them until they heard of his death a year ago. But Ae-yeon feels that helping her children bid their last farewell properly is her duty as a mom. “We are living well, let him go his way in peace,” she says. Holding a little memorial won’t hurt, so Mi-rae reluctantly agrees. Everything is fine as long as her family of three continues living exactly the way they currently live.

The family leaves the front door open for Dad’s ghost to come in for his memorial, and Ae-yeon dramatically wails to soothe his spirit. “We are living much better than we lived with you. Let go of your resentment and rest in peace.” Just then, a man in a black suit appears at their doorstep, and the family is shocked to see their husband and father, BYUN MOO-JIN (Ji Jin-hee), in the flesh! Y-you are supposed to be dead, sir. What’s even more shocking than the fact that Moo-jin is still alive is that he’s the infamous new landlord! Welp! I hope he likes his memorial food because it’s not every day a person gets to attend their own memorial. Heh.

A quick flashback to eleven years ago reveals that Ae-yeon got full custody of the kids after the divorce, and despite Moo-jin’s plea for her to rethink her decision, she was determined to never see him again. According to her, the kids are the best thing that ever happened to her and the worst was meeting him. Ouch! That’s some serious hurt right there. But what could he have done to cause that much damage?

We soon learn that Moo-jin became a father at a young age and he quit sports to make money and take care of his family. However, entrepreneurship was not his calling and all his businesses went under — earning him the nickname: Moo-ron. Ae-yeon eventually invested her life savings to open a tteokbokki diner that did pretty well until Moo-jin tanked it, no thanks to some loan sharks that were after him. That was Ae-yeon’s last straw, and high schooler Mi-rae warned Moo-jin to stay away from the family until he dies. Eleven years later, Moo-jin is back from the dead as a successful man and their landlord, no less. Oh dear! That’s one turnaround for the books.

more Romance in the House: Episodes 1-2 » Dramabeans

Watched the first two episodes.  Very promising!   I am going to continue watching.   There is enough intrigue and nice comedic moments so far.  The drama has a bit of a different vibe to it than we are used to.

Son Naeun Aggressively Pushes SHINee's Minho Up Against A Wall On

Son Naeun Aggressively Pushes SHINee's Minho Up Against A Wall On "Romance In The House"

Get ready for an intense confrontation between Son Naeun and SHINee’s Minho on “Romance in the House”!

“Romance in the House” is a new JTBC drama starring Ji Jin Hee as Byun Moo Jin, a man who vanished into thin air after his wife Geum Ae Yeon (Kim Ji Soo) divorced him 11 years ago. After being presumed dead by his family for over a decade, he suddenly re-enters their life as their wealthy landlord.

At the end of the previous episode of the drama, Byun Mi Rae (Son Naeun) came across Byun Moo Jin holding Geum Ae Yeon by her arms to stop her from leaving, and she angrily yelled at her father to let go of her mother at once. When Nam Tae Pyung (Minho) happened to witness the incident, he mistakenly saw the situation as a dangerous one—and, believing Byun Moo Jin was an assailant of some kind, he valiantly attempted to come to Geum Ae Yeon’s rescue by delivering a powerful kick to Byun Moo Jin’s face.

However, when the shocked Geum Ae Yeon called Byun Moo Jin “Mi Rae’s dad,” Nam Tae Pyung immediately realized his mistake—and viewers were left wondering what sort of relationship would develop between the two men after their spectacularly catastrophic first meeting.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming third episode, the dynamic between Byun Mi Rae and Nam Tae Pyung, who have been getting closer and closer, takes another unexpected turn. Attempting to intimidate him, Byun Mi Rae forcefully grabs Nam Tae Pyung by the collar and pushes him up against a wall at work.

Son-Naeun-Minho-2.jpgSon-Naeun-Minho-3.jpg

To find out why Byun Mi Rae suddenly acts this way towards Nam Tae Pyung, catch the next episode of “Romance in the House” on August 17 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682151wpp/son-naeun-aggressively-pushes-shinees-minho-up-against-a-wall-on-romance-in-the-house

• Like 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 3! :).

20240818011220_Good-Partner-Love-Next-Do

"Good Partner" Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet As "Love Next Door" And "DNA Lover" Premiere

The weekend drama ratings battle is heating up!

JTBC’s “Romance in the House” dipped to an average nationwide rating of 3.9 percent for its third episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682245wpp/good-partner-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-love-next-door-and-dna-lover-premiere

• Like 1

Ji Jin Hee And Son Naeun Fight For Her Mother's Affections On

Ji Jin Hee And Son Naeun Fight For Her Mother's Affections On "Romance In The House"

Ji Jin Hee and Son Naeun are about to go head-to-head on “Romance in the House”!

“Romance in the House” is a new JTBC drama starring Ji Jin Hee as Byun Moo Jin, a man who vanished into thin air after his wife Geum Ae Yeon (Kim Ji Soo) divorced him 11 years ago. After being presumed dead by his family for over a decade, he suddenly re-enters their life as their wealthy landlord.

Spoilers

Previously on “Romance in the House,” Byun Moo Jin made it clear to his daughter Byun Mi Rae (Son Naeun) that, despite her wishes, he wasn’t planning on going anywhere. After clearing his name and getting rid of the rumors that he was an arsonist, Byun Moo Jin resolved all misunderstandings with the residents of Family Villa—and in the process, removed a major obstacle in his quest to get back together with Geum Ae Yeon.

However, Byun Mi Rae isn’t ready to give up without a fight either. In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, the father and daughter face off in a battle to deliver flowers to her mother. With Byun Moo Jin holding flowers that signify “eternal love” and Byun Mi Rae holding red roses that symbolize “passionate love,” the father-daughter duo fervently races to reach Geum Ae Yeon first.

The “Romance in the House” production team teased, “The triangle of Moo Jin and Mi Rae fighting over Ae Yeon will deepen in today’s episode. Because Moo Jin will become more aggressive in his attempts to seduce Ae Yeon, and Mi Rae will put up a mighty defense.

“Who will be the first to give Ae Yeon a bouquet of flowers? Please tune in to watch their bouquet race, which will imbue Sunday night with fun and laughter.”

Romance-in-the-House-10.jpg

To find out who wins this race, catch the next episode of “Romance in the House” on August 18 at 10:30 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682258wpp/ji-jin-hee-and-son-naeun-fight-for-her-mothers-affections-on-romance-in-the-house

• Like 1

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (August 17, 2024)

by DB Staff

DaebakGrits

Romance in the House: I’m interested — but mostly for the promised undercover-chaebol-heir-disguised-as-a-security-guard plotline. The slow burn romance between Mi-rae and Tae-pyeong leaves me in anticipation, so I’m hoping we see more of Mi-rae’s work life — and elevator encounters with Tae-pyeong — featured in Episodes 3 and 4. Meanwhile, the mother-daughter relationship has some toned down Not Others vibes, which I like, but I’m not sure what to make of the long-lost-and-presumed-dead father who has now reentered the picture.

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (August 17, 2024)

• Like 2

JTBC's Romance in the House dropped to its lowest ratings of 3.90% (nationwide) and 3.96% (metropolitan) for episode 3. Nevertheless, the K-drama has made its debut on Netflix's Global Top 10 list (non-English) ranking sixth from August 5-11. Romance in the House is trending predominantly in Latin American countries. 

QJBlE6_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Romance in the House?

Episode 4 of Romance in the House will air on August 18 (Sunday). The K-drama is available to stream on Netflix.

Jung Hae In and Jung So Min's "Love Next Door" Premieres with Promising Ratings - MyDramaList

• Like 2