[Current Drama July 2024] UMI NO HAJIMARI/THE BEGINNING OF THE SEA 海のはじまり-Ren Meguro; Izutani Rana; Shinobu Otake; Furukawa Kotone;

CarolynH

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

First day shoot with Meme and Furukawa, and a short shot of Natsu and Yayoi at the flat entrance.

woohoo...:fullofhearts:

Meme and the actress ( Mizuki) look so good together and the entrance scene was so sweet.

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Eh, it's a warmer and happier déjà vu of that scene in "Phases of the Moon" when Akihiko (Meme) invites Ruri (Kasumi) in to where he lives. 😆

:lol:

• Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Meme and the actress ( Mizuki) look so good together and the entrance scene was so sweet.

So far I haven't seen a drama or movie yet  of Meme that he didn't have chemistry with his partner. 🙂

• Like 2

Back Number's 『新しい恋人達に』"To New Lovers" is the theme song of The Beginning of the Sea 

"After reading the script, they created a melody and wrote lyrics that are in keeping with the world of the drama.

"Not only the individual characters, but also everyone who comes into contact with the song will want to think about the story of "someone" who is important to them.

"It is that kind of song!"

[Google/Bing/DeepL translation w/editing for coherence]

Oh my, I listened to a few songs of Back Number, and they're totally ah-maay-zing!!!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Parts I understood from the first trailer:

Mizuki: The sea!

Natsu: Stay put! Please sit down!

Natsu: What? Who died?

Female voice over: It's okay that Momose-san is dating a younger man

Male voice over: Nagumo-san's daughter

Natsu: Umi-chan?

Umi: San-si (?)

Tsuno: ...You really didn't know anything...

Akane: I'll be here for Umi Mizuki (?)

Mizuki: ...it's going to be fine (?)

Yamato: You returned as if you are dead (?) 

Umi: Can I see Mama some more?***

Momose: It was hard

Natsu: ...I knew nothing at all. I couldn't do anything...

Umi: Natsu-kun, are you Umi's Papa?

***Natsu was showing Umi a video of Mizuki at the beach from that trip they took years ago. 😭😭😭

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Iyori of back number might play a role in the drama? Shinobu Otake asks to appear together, and Ken Murase approves! 😁

In Meme's IG post, he revealed he listened to the back number theme song from demo stage. He was asked for feedback about the various components of the song, what he liked, which parts of the melody makes him excited and thrilled. When he memorised his script at home, the voice and sound of back number was "always beside" him, accompanying him from first demo recording as it progresses until it has become very important to him and Umi No Hajimari.

• Like 1

Freshman Mizuki, first day of filming

I like how colourful her clothes are, like the patchwork quilted skirt she's wearing in the clip. It's who Mizuki is - vibrant, somewhat eccentric, also unpredictable. 🙂

In contrast to the clips of Yayoi, Yayoi wears solid or neutral coloured outfits. It's a reflection of how solid and reliable a person Yayoi is. 🫡

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Catering gift by Meme to the set, posted by Ms Shinobu Otake, who plays Akane Nagumo. 🙂

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8hXvtoyvYt/?igsh=MTlnZWFxOG8yNGVocw==

"The days of filming for Fuji TV's Monday 9pm drama 『The Beginning of the Sea』 which will begin on the 1st.

"It's a pretty tough schedule, but the lead actor Meguro Ren sent me this luxurious bowl of ochazuke**, saying that he wanted something gentle for my stomach because I was tired.

"There were lots of side dishes, and the ochazuke was served over rice with toppings and broth poured over it.
It was so delicious! 😋

"This is my first time acting with Ren-kun, but he's really kind, and even though he has the toughest schedule, he doesn't show any signs of discomfort at all during filming.

"Today, we sat in front of the mirror before 7am again.
I fell asleep quickly while getting my makeup done 😅
And I slept so soundly 😰

"The filming continues with the three of us, laughing about all sorts of things with Rana-chan, who plays my granddaughter.
We will do our best 😊"

**Ochazuke (お茶漬け) is a simple one-bowl dish featuring steamed rice with an assortment of savory ingredients, partially steeped in green tea. Ocha refers to green tea, and zuke means “submerged”. Instead of proper mealtime food, the Japanese enjoy it more as a quick meal or at the end of the meal to fill up. [Just One Cookbook]

[Google/DeepL translation w/editing]

°°••°°••°°••°°••°°

Good luck and enjoy!

• Like 3

They're promoting the drama a lot--good for us fans.  Is that typical of Japanese dramas?  I wish we could watch the variety show.  If anyone knows where to watch it, let us know!  

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

More Netizen promo posters snaps, this time at Shinjuko Station.  👏👏👏

Woah, those are very large and lengthy, entire wall posters!

6 hours ago, CarolynH said:

They're promoting the drama a lot--good for us fans.  Is that typical of Japanese dramas?  I wish we could watch the variety show.  If anyone knows where to watch it, let us know!  

I'm surprised too that them promoting their dramas make the news! I'm appreciative of it though, cos it doesn't ruin the excitement even if the info while filming is limited and it's usually only coming from the source. Unlike if paparazzi or bystander fans at filming sites take pics and videos that are getting circulated ahead even before shooting is completed...

They all look smashing! 😍 

• Like 1