[Current Drama July 2024] UMI NO HAJIMARI/THE BEGINNING OF THE SEA 海のはじまり-Ren Meguro; Izutani Rana; Shinobu Otake; Furukawa Kotone;

CarolynH

Kido Taisei is Yamato, Natsu's younger stepbrother.

He's Kyotani Kohei in House of Ninjas 🥷

Unlike Natsu, who is not good at expressing himself, Yamato speaks before he thinks.

Yamato lost his mother at a young age, and when he was 7 years old, his father Kazuya remarried to Natsu's mother Yukiko, and he and Natsu became a family.

[Google/DeepL translation w/editing for coherence]

++××÷++÷××++

🤔 🤔 🤔

Soooo... younger stepsibling Yamato can possibly be verbally tactless nor can he keep secrets. However, he might also be the sort of person who will have no problems calling a spade a spade, or openly say what must be said. I'm speculating he can make Natsu more decisive and outspoken when it really matters. Moreover, he can certainly relate to Umi and her situation.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I saw it this morning in IG.  I don't know why, but Meme looks different.  Maybe it's the side view that's throwing me off.  3  more weeks!

He looks like... how a "Natsu" should look like? 😄 He almost never looks the same in his dramas and movies, no? He and his handlers must have recognised it early on to make each character he plays be its own person. It's him, but also not him. 😉

GPwzh0FaIAAITIY?format=jpg&name=large

Cr: @SN__20200122

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

"The Beginning of the Sea

"Comments from Kido Taisei, who plays Yamato Tsukioka

"The words that come out of the characters' thoughts on someone are very endearing, sometimes heartbreaking, and I thought it was a work that depicted the delicate sides of human beings very realistically. It was the kind of script that I could imagine the time and scenery flowing through as I slowly turned the pages.

"I thought that Yamato was a young man with the warmth and brightness of sunlight. Because he accepts the present and lives positively, I think there are aspects of him that he can convey and empathize with, so I would like to portray him and those parts very carefully."

[Google/Bing translation w/editing for coherence]

• Like 3

Yamato Tsukioka character intro

GPucCUGbQAADnOv?format=jpg&name=medium

@umi_no_hajimari

"Yamato Tsukioka (Kido Taisei)

"He lives at his parents' house in Tokyo with his father, Kazuya, and (step)mother, Yukiko.

"Unlike Natsu, who is not good at expressing things into words, he is the type of person who would speak before thinking.

"Yamato lost his mother when he was young, and when he was 7 years old, Kazuya remarried Yukiko, and he became a family with Natsu.

"When Yamato sees Natsu returning home from the funeral, he remembers what happened when his mother passed away..."

[Google/Bing translate with editing for grammar/coherence]

÷÷×××+++×××÷÷

I've a good feeling that even if one is more reserved while the other is more forthright, these stepsiblings have each other’s back.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

A joint press conference of Fuji TV's July 2024 dramas cast members was held on June 11th at Fuji TV's HQ. Meguro Ren, Arimura Kasumi, and Furukawa Kotone of [The Beginning of the Sea / Umi No Hajimari] attended the event.

Sitting between Arimura and Furukawa feels a bit strange for Meme, since the three never appeared together in the drama. 

The event will be broadcast from 10:25am on Saturday, June 29th (Kanto local).

• Like 3

Cutie Patootie Sena (Umi) 😍

Work Daddy also likes doing the ✌️sign. 

Her outfit => it looks like a school uniform that she might have also worn while filming the funeral. In Japan, school children attending last rites ceremonies do wear their school uniform as their formal attire.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ms Arimura Kasumi (Yayoi Momose), first day of shoot 🤗

Hmm, filming most of the episodes must have been completed already, since in just a little over 2 weeks the drama would start airing. 

• Like 3

@CarolynH @rocher22 @WeunXK

Oh, so Meme left from the filming site and was sent off by the Umi No Hajimari team for his Fendi 2025 Spring/Summer Men's Collection, Milan Men's Fashion Week trip. No wonder his IG story caption has something to do about the sea. 😆

Filming is still going on for Umi No Hajimari as per Producer Ken Murase's post.

Meme's IG stories:

"It was a photoshoot at the beginning of the sea" 😆

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Face-off game battle between Fuji TV July dramas cast. 😆 Umi No Hajimari team: Meguro Ren, Izumiya Sena, Arimura Kasumi, and Furukawa Kotone. Looks like everyone had fun! Airing on June 24th!

Bonus: Daddy Natsu-daughter Umi moments! 😍

The article also answers why someone was playing hide-and-seek a week ago, LOL!

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Aww. When the director and the producer were crying so much while filming a scene...

Oh no, gotta get my kleenex ready!  My guess would also be Mizuki dying or saying good bye to Mizuki :cry:

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Face-off game battle between Fuji TV July dramas cast. 😆 Umi No Hajimari team: Meguro Ren, Izumiya Sena, Arimura Kasumi, and Furukawa Kotone. Looks like everyone had fun! Airing on June 24th!

Oh I'd like to watch!  But where?  I still haven't found a streaming site for the drama.  I keep checking Viki and Netflix.

• Like 1

First look at grandma Akane filming

I feel nostalgic seeing the pump thermos, electric fan, and that hanging woven fan.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I keep checking Viki and Netflix.

Hope one or both picks it up!

• Like 3

The Beginning of the Sea poster visual 😍

First day shoot with Meme and Furukawa, and a short shot of Natsu and Yayoi at the flat entrance.

Eh, it's a warmer and happier déjà vu of that scene in "Phases of the Moon" when Akihiko (Meme) invites Ruri (Kasumi) in to where he lives. 😆

• Like 1