[Current Drama July 2024] UMI NO HAJIMARI/THE BEGINNING OF THE SEA 海のはじまり-Ren Meguro; Izutani Rana; Shinobu Otake; Furukawa Kotone;

CarolynH

Aww, charming little lady showing the pic she took of her "work" dad Meme, uncle Director Kazawa, and uncle Producer Murase. 😊

It's great that she's comfortable interacting with them. Nice pic too! 

***Hoshina-chan - what they affectionately call Izumiya

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

I guess it is an interview about the drama...

I like his look for the role...the haircut and the outfits...:approves:

the cabbage fields.. Natsu as a farmer ?  :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/18/2024 at 4:53 PM, rocher22 said:

I guess it is an interview about the drama...

I like his look for the role...the haircut and the outfits...

It's an interview about his first day filming 🙂

From what I understand, Meme said that he was very excited that he was unable to sleep the night before the first day of filming. Umi No Hajirami is a very important project for him, and that he hopes all viewers will enjoy seeing the drama this summer. Meme also said that he still feels nervous while filming, much like on the first day when they started shooting the drama.

Meme said that as they've started fiming Umi No Hajimari, he is hopeful that may the drama move, resonate with everyone, and that he is excited of working together with the team, and for everyone looking forward to this drama.

[My Japanese is still very, very, rusty... 😅]

I like that he can tailor his looks and even his demeanour with the roles he's playing. 😆

+×÷+×÷+×÷+

Meme told Hikaru in their radio talk show (May 16th) that Umi No Hajirami started as small discussions of this parent-child story with Ken Murase when they finished「silent」. He was more or less offered the role of the ML to which he agreed, and they talked and further developed the story together with the 「silent」team, which makes him feel very grateful. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

[My Japanese is still very, very, rusty... 😅]

I'm sure it is better than mine and I'm Japanese American--but emphasis on the American.  I know some hiragana, but no kanji.  I'm thinking of going since it's not as expensive, so it's a good reason to learn.  

Oh interesting, so Umi No Hajirami in development after Silent.  This is an original work, right?  Not based on a book.  

• Wiggle 1

Ken Murase shares Sena's photo 😊

"This photo waz taken by Sena Izumiya, who plays Umi, on the set of  "The Beginning of the Sea'' . When I was chatting with Ren Meguro and director Taiki Kazama on the beach, Sena-chan came over with a camera and took a picture. Great photo! Thank you, Sena-chan"

[Google translate w/editing]

÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

I know some hiragana, but no kanji.  I'm thinking of going since it's not as expensive, so it's a good reason to learn.  

:hwaiting:

I was babysat by some relatives who lived under Japanese occupation, so some Japanese terms were common household words. 😅 I used to watch a lot of animés too while growing up, so somehow I can follow the language.

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

Oh interesting, so Umi No Hajirami in development after Silent.  This is an original work, right?  Not based on a book.  

Yes. 🙂 

• Like 1

There'll be an announcement tomorrow!  

I'm guessing announcement would be who's playing Umi's grandmother, and who's going to be Mizuki?

Would Mizuki be someone new, or someone who already worked with either Meme or Sena? 😅

• Like 1

Like I thought, it was somebody who worked before with Meme, Kasumi Arimura! 🤩

Oh, but not as Mizuki, Umi's late mother, but another main character, Momose Yayoi. She is, ehem, Natsu's current partner.

Kasumi Arimura was Meme's FL in Phases of The Moon. She played Ruri Misaki in the movie, the lover of Akihiko Misumi, Meme's character.

• Like 2

On 5/19/2024 at 11:07 PM, MayanEcho said:

Like I thought, it was somebody who worked before with Meme, Kasumi Arimura! 🤩

Oh, but not as Mizuki, Umi's late mother, but another main character, Momose Yayoi. She is, ehem, Natsu's current partner.

I hope that she will be a likeable character. 

The chemistry between Meme and the actress in Phases of the Moon was good. 

GOAWj6TbUAE459s?format=jpg&name=360x360

GOAWj6Va4AAtyPZ?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The chemistry between Meme and the actress in Phases of the Moon was good. 

I'm more eager to know soon who'll be Mizuki. Who's your bet? Hehe! 

How crazy would it be if it's Mio Imada, since Sena once played Mio's younger self in Ichiban Sukina Hana.

GCIII6LboAA6CEb?format=jpg&name=large

@sukihana_fujitv

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I'm more eager to know soon who'll be Mizuki. Who's your bet? Hehe!

I want to see him with a new actress in this drama...:D

22 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

How crazy would it be if it's Miyo Imada, since Sena once played Miyo's younger self in Ichiban Sukina Hana. 

:lol:  but noooo...Im waiting for them ( Haru and Kirika) to be a married couple and parents in TG2.

• LOL 2

33 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I want to see him with a new actress in this drama...:D

Same, or someone who wasn't partnered with him in previous projects.

How about the actress for Kaya in My Happy Marriage, Akari Takaishi? She kinda looks like Sena, and she can play well someone headstrong and impulsive.

qQURz3QiOVFHOo2azpL5cQOJg3a.jpg

ctto

36 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

:lol:  but noooo...Im waiting for them ( Haru and Kirika) to be a married couple and parents in TG2.

Ahahaha, yeah, in TG2, or in My Happy Marriage sequel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Same, or someone who wasn't partnered with him in previous projects.

How about the actress for Kaya in My Happy Marriage, Akari Takaishi? She kinda looks like Sena, and she can play well someone headstrong and impulsive.

she is a good actress and a good choice if Mizuko is an impulsive girl.

for some reason I think Mizuko is a quiet and  melancholic character. 

we will see..:D

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

"The Beginning of the Sea

"Comment from Kasumi Arimura, who plays Yayoi Momose

"When I came across this story about a year ago, I felt that people put a lid on their pain in order to live a smooth life.

"Thinking about someone is never easy. I wanted to know what this work could teach me.

"I would like to work closely with the cast and staff so that we can create a good work.

"Thank you for your support."

[Google Lens translation]

• Like 2

The article is of Meme being interviewed on the first day of shooting of 「The Beginning of the Sea」, which took place in a university.

Some tidbits shared:

1. There were 300 extras to act as seniors recruiting their juniors. Meme is a freshman who'd be attending a "recruiting" event for clubs and organisations in the university.

2. Meme shot scenes with the Mizuki cast member. Mezamashi editorial did not mention who she is, but that Meme and "Mizuki" get along pretty well in their convos during breaks.

3. The  completely original story drama is attracting plenty of attention largely due to the "reunion" of 「silent」staff. 

4. Director and Meme are collaborating well and discussing how some lines were to be delivered. 

5. The reunited 「silent」team had a smooth filming and contributed to the friendly atmosphere in the set. Meme was comfortably chatting with the staff while he waits for his takes.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, 1sunflower2 said:

i like him.  but he went.  where is he?  he is didi.  🧡💛

Did you mean Meme? Apart from filming the drama, he should be busy rehearsing for an upcoming concert on 29th and 30th of this month with his group mates and other groups of their agency.

2 hours ago, 1sunflower2 said:

i meant sakuma daisuke from snow man.

All members have their own individual projects, and three of them has dramas and movie to work on or go on roadshows for on July and August. No idea if there's a chance Meme's group mates would make appearance in this drama. About Sakuma Daisuke, he's promoting his latest voice acting project that releases on May 24th.

Yayoi Momose's character intro 🙂

GOLdsRvbcAE3buc?format=jpg&name=900x900

Cr: @umi_no_hajimari

"Yayoi Momose (Kasumi Arimura)

"Yayoi, the girlfriend who is in a relationship with Natsu. She has been dating Natsu for three years, and has started having thoughts about getting married soon.

"Yayoi, who works in the development department of a cosmetics manufacturer, has a serious and methodical personality. Even at work, when she is not satisfied with something, she pursues what is best without compromising, and is seen by his co-workers as a 'steady person.'

"One day, as Yayoi was beginning to seriously think about her future with Natsu while they were eating together, Natsu had received a phone call.

"Seeing Natsu in a daze on the phone, Yayoi becomes worried of the change in his demeanour..."

[Google/Bing translate with editing for grammar/coherence]

• Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Yayoi Momose's character intro 🙂

I like the character description, she seems like a mature and sensible girl. But somehow I have the impression that 

their relationship is not very passionate.  

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

51 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I like the character description, she seems like a mature and sensible girl. But somehow I have the impression that their relationship is not very passionate.  

I'm excited how she'll be portrayed by Kasumi. There might be a surprise child at heart for us viewers. 😊

Agree that their relationship might be the comfortable, stable type, that they're lovers, but are more like very close friends to each other.

• Like 3