[Current Drama July 2024] UMI NO HAJIMARI/THE BEGINNING OF THE SEA 海のはじまり-Ren Meguro; Izutani Rana; Shinobu Otake; Furukawa Kotone;

CarolynH

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

NOw I'm curious

I posted before some shared X posts about what were being released by several tabloids once it was announced Meme was ill...

Spoiler

I did some snooping around, and there were posts of him breaking down that he collapsed in the set, or was unable to function anymore, or that he's diagnosed with an incurable disease, or that he's terminally ill. 😤

There were even posts of him that he's on indefinite leave, and that he will not be part of the recently announced Snow Man's concerts tour on November.

What was curious for me was that all that time, aside from the first announcement that he's on medical leave, when the tabloids were "qouting" left and right staff of UNH or FujiTV as their source how Meme was bullied and rudely treated when he doesn't do well a scene, how they work him from morning till midnight almost daily, how staff throws script in front of him if he makes mistakes, KEN MURASE WAS AND IS STRANGELY QUIET ABOUT IT.

It had to be Meme and Ms Shinobu denying the allegations that his staff were bad. Sure it looks better coming from them, but he also could have said the same thing.

••○○••○○••○○••

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

The scene with both crying as the train pulls away with Yayoi is the best of the series.

Absolutely, cos finally some emotion. 🥴

I also don't want them to reconcile, not even if Umi asks. 

I liked the part Natsu was hugging Umi then his tears fell.

• Thanks 1

Onscreen dad and daughter having fun in the set 

It looks like he was on baby-sitting duties, LOL!

The MV of back number's "To New Lovers", in collab with Umi No Hajimari's production team.

Unfortunately, it's geo-locked for some like me! 😅 

Here's the 1min preview:

And here's the YT link of the official MV:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwe4Gd6qcQA

• Like 1

Ken Murase posted the better, whole body pic. 😆 Meguro Ren, Iyori Shimizu, and he will be appearing in "Our Times" Sep 08, 07:00 local time.

👀 👀 👀

Spoiler

GW3mhM_a8AI4vpB?format=jpg&name=medium

Talk with Sosuke Ikematsu (Tsuno)

• Like 1

One more time next week

Seen some of it, which lets viewers get to know about more about Meguro as himself, as Snow Man member, and his journey from an idol trainee to what he is now.

Ep10: deciding which OST for the scenes and when to play the theme song

Sosuke and Sena on breaks

• Like 1

Ep10 trended #1 worldwide! Congratulations! 

••○○••○○••○○••

Spoiler

And you, Tsuno. F U. Back off, now. 

Mizuki was right not to pursue a relationship with him. He effin holds on to unjustified grudges, acting on it too.

Hallmarks of a 🚩🚩🚩

She was dying when she asked him to get along with Umi's father, the damn twat. She asked him that so that Tsuno can still have a relationship with Umi, once Natsu steps up as her father in every sense.

He has the right to his feelings but he has no right to keep undermining and needling Natsu.

• Blob 1

Ep10's first father-daughter "conflict" was resolved beautifully because they both listened to each other's concerns and respected each other's views.

At this point I'm glad of Akane's support, but Shohei

Spoiler

just might cause trouble on the impending departure of their late daughter's daughter, though that may be because he still wants Umi to be by their side.

Tsuno was barely in this episode, but the times he was he's that bitter jerk who keeps being hostile and undermines Natsu every time he gets. At this point, I just want him to stupidly keep being belligerent so that Natsu can hand back his a**. He's spoiling for a fight anyway, and Natsu no matter how calm he is, is also capable of being fierce. Cafe chair that got kicked is waving hello! 😜

His irrational hostilities towards one of the most innocent victims of Mizuki's past debacles and selfish decisions isn't earning him brownie points. Perhaps somebody should remind him and make him realise that Natsu has the backing of the Nagumos, especially Akane, that Mizuki's dying wishes and last will for Umi would be realised no matter what?

Yes, he was Umi's babysitter when Natsu was still out of the picture, but he's there now and is more than willing to be a father to his daughter. Plus, Umi loves Natsu. So FU Tsuno, but please, he should keep saying and doing things that will eventually inevitably sever his relationship with Umi. 😏

And no wonder Akane did not warm up to Tsuno. She rejected him calling her "mother" at Mizuki's funeral. Nor appreciated his very intrusive "know-it-all" condescending tone of telling her he knows the belongings of her daughter and grandchild when she was packing up. That's because Tsuno is so narrow-minded and incapable of viewing matters from all angles. Then he runs off his mouth. Granted he's loyal to Mizuki, and Umi too, but when it's not "his way", like what's happening now, he's a saboteur in waiting.

Oh, Yayoi in this episode is friendly friend to Umi and Natsu. Tsukioka family still likes her and was ribbing Natsu over the break-up when he visited their home, but otherwise they're supportive of him on the journey of making Umi a Tsukioka.

There's that good senior of Natsu. A family man himself, he's giving good advice to Natsu, like considering what matters in a logical manner before he makes major decisions.

Ep11 preview might prove to be even more chaotic than all other episodes.

• Like 1

Aww. This off-shot is like a what could have been for Natsu, Mizuki, and Umi. 😥 ⛈️

Meme, Furukawa, and Sena are like a family of three watching the sudden heavy downpour, while the little girl is sadly looking out the window.

Time really flew. Furukawa and Sena are taking their last commemorative photos in the small flat of Mizuki and Umi along with their many keepsakes and mementoes. 

• Like 1

Mizuki labelling Umi's school things and teaching her the kanjis of their names.

Strumming the ukulele - any remaining drama scene that Furukawa does with Umi? 🤗

Producer Ken Murase 📣: They are shooting the finalé episode. 

As a viewer who hadn't live watched a weekly drama for a while, I feel sad too that UNH is ending soon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

If it turns out in Ep11 that Umi is missing because she was abducted or lured away by Tsuno just to prove his point that Natsu didn't deserve his daughter...

Let Haru takeover Natsu for a while. 😏

Nah, I doubt Tsuno would stoop to that level.  He'd be hurting Umi and MIzuki by doing so.

Just started ep 11.  I like how Natsu is taking parenting seriously--but is it too seriously for someone who is 28?  But he seems like a more serious type person rather than someone who parties.  Why would Natsu tell Tsuno that he broke up with Yayoi and he'd be alone with Umi?  I was surprised Akane said to Natsu that it feels as though Natsu is stealing Umi from them.  It seemed they (Akane in particular) were pushing Umi on Natsu.  Yayoi gave Natsu good advice that he can't put others ahead of himself.  Now Mizuki's father seems odd.  He mistakenly said Mizuki spilled the milk when it was Umi.  Aw, what a sweet scene when Natsu asked Umi to chose between living with him and changing schools or staying at the same school, but not living with Natsu.  A nice episode

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

As a viewer who hadn't live watched a weekly drama for a while, I feel sad too that UNH is ending soon.

I'm juggling two live shows lol.  struggling to keep up.  At least Meme will be back soon with Trillion Games. 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Nah, I doubt Tsuno would stoop to that level.  He'd be hurting Umi and MIzuki by doing so.

He disregarded Mizuki's wish for him to get along with Natsu and Yayoi though, and keeps harping on Natsu's absence the past 8 years...

Natsu's absence was Mizuki's doing. Even Mizuki was clear on that. She even warned Tsuno not to diss Natsu.

Only time he isn't showing outward hostilities is when Umi's around. 😑

I like how Natsu is taking parenting seriously--but is it too seriously for someone who is 28?  But he seems like a more serious type person rather than someone who parties. 

Mizuki did say Natsu would drop everything for their child's sake, hence her lies that she aborted and she wanted to break-up because she "found a new guy". And yup, he isn't the party boy type. In the gathering he and Mizuki first met, he went because he was asked to by the new friend he made, while she's there for the food. 😅

I feel Natsu doesn't want his own child to feel abandoned, like he did with his own father. 

Why would Natsu tell Tsuno that he broke up with Yayoi and he'd be alone with Umi?  I was surprised Akane said to Natsu that it feels as though Natsu is stealing Umi from them.  It seemed they (Akane in particular) were pushing Umi on Natsu.

If I'm reading Natsu right, he's the sort who'd still give considerations to Tsuno because of his connection to Umi.

The Nagumos love Umi around, but for Umi and Mizuki's dying wishes, their grandchild would leave far from them soon. They liked Natsu though, and although it's mainly for Umi to keep staying with them, even Shohei offered him to also live with them. 

Aw, what a sweet scene when Natsu asked Umi to chose between living with him and changing schools or staying at the same school, but not living with Natsu.

I loved that scene!

Sena had shown again why she's the one who was chosen as Umi among hundred auditionees.

○○●●○○●●○○●●○○

I'm juggling two live shows lol.  struggling to keep up.  At least Meme will be back soon with Trillion Games. 

The last live watching I did was a Cdrama 😅 A Cdrama would be shot ahead, then a year or so later post production it will be shown after it passes censors and is licensed to air. When it's broadcast, it will be at least 2 eps daily, even more for paid subscribers. So even 50+ eps Cdramas could complete airing within a month. 😆

Snow Man's promotion for their 4th album would be on October, then their tour will start mid November till Christmas. After New Year, Meme would be promoting TG movie for the Feb 14 2025 release. Pretty sure he'd also be squeezing days for his endorsements and Milan Fashion Week next year for Fendi. 

• Blob 2

OUR TIME talk continues tomorrow at 07:00-07:30 local time, with Ken Murase, Iyori Shimizu, and Meguro Ren.

BTS Ep10 at Natsu's flat.

Filming at the park with Sena and Arimura, for the scene wherein Yayoi tells Umi she won't be her mother, but that she can be her friend.

• Blob 1