[Current Drama July 2024] UMI NO HAJIMARI/THE BEGINNING OF THE SEA 海のはじまり-Ren Meguro; Izutani Rana; Shinobu Otake; Furukawa Kotone;

CarolynH

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Mizuki is way more interesting than her. 🙂 She's the character to watch out for. Plus I like how she expresses herself.

I prefer Mizuki - I also find her more interesting. I also feel like she complemented Natsu much better character wise. I'm not clear on why Natsu even likes Yayoi?

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

There are times I can't help but think Yayoi is more suited to Tsuno.

Yes, let's have them become a couple instead.

:wow1:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Yes, let's have them become a couple instead.

TBH the Yayoi-Natsu pair is also like a mirror of Mizuki-Tsuno. Mizuki sees Tsuno as a colleague friend, while Tsuno wanted more but didn't even managed to date her. And even if there's some fluff between Yayoi and Natsu, we can all see Natsu is not as in love with Yayoi as he was to Mizuki.

Unless I missed it, I've yet to see Natsu back hug Yayoi like how happily he did to Mizuki in Ep01. 

It's like Mizuki took all the joy, enthusiasm and carefreenees of Natsu... for Umi. 😅

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Just now, MayanEcho said:

It's like Mizuki took all the joy, enthusiasm and carefreenees of Natsu... for Umi. 😅

I haven't even seen the joy he had with Mizuki with anyone else yet. Not even Umi. Hopefully we'll see it by the end.

Oh, except for with his step-brother.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Ken Murases's 📣: Ep06  will be the back story of Mizuki's going ahead with her pregnancy, despite her earlier decision not to.

She did say if it's a baby like Natsu, she'll be happy to give birth... can't be that simple though, Mizuki won't say such things without reason.

Playing games together is the universal language of kids and kids at heart. 😉

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@CarolynH, this might be the anti-mosquito bracelet Meme and Sena were wearing while practice shooting the first meeting of the Tsukioka scene 

Mama Yukiko shares her copy of their Tsukioka family pic from Umi 😍

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Pensive

The setting Sun would be a beautiful sight for a man who loves gazing at the stars.

The final episode of the short spin-off Ani To No Hajimari will be released today with Umi No Hajimari Ep06.

The spin-off's last episode looks like the continuation of its first or 3rd episode 🤔

Learning to sleep alone... 😔 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Again trended worldwide. Congratulations!

"Whichever you choose, it is for your happiness" 

The twist?

Spoiler

The message of Yayoi, that reached Mizuki, 8 years ago.

• Shocked 1
  • Blob 1

Episode 6, the beginning of Umi, from 8 years ago, comes full circle.

Spoiler

So many similarities for Natsu to remember.

Finally got to see Tsuno smile. 🥹 Sosuke Isematsu is brilliant in this episode. 

They finally had that talk.

• Blob 2

Ep06 had plenty of warm Natsu and Umi moments now that he's living for a week in the Nagumo residence. He's also experiencing a lot of first, like waking up to find that his little girl came over at night to sleep beside him. 🙂

He'd be visiting the apartment where Umi and Mizuki lived, and gets to know the former landlord. They'd talk and find out more things about Mizuki, and landlord concedes that he himself thought the place is cramped for Umi and her mother, but that Mizuki stayed because it's near the school, the library, and the sea.

Natsu after end of day keeping up with Umi:

Spoiler

Flat.Tired. LMAO! 

In this episode, Akane had certainly warmed up to Natsu.

Spoiler

She also said that she admires his capability to easily adapt with the other person. Natsu downplays this, says that it's easier for him to match the energy of others, rather than be "him". He feels it's not really much to admire.

I'd agree with Akane though, since this trait means he would rarely get it wrong reading the room, and he'd instinctively know how to make others feel at ease. I'd even describe him as an empath of the highest kind.

Natsu mirrors the lively Mizuki and Yamato. He does the same with the quiet Yayoi. 

Yukiko

Spoiler

Glad she has acknowledged her son that time wouldn't really know how to properly deal with what he went through. 

Tsuno

Spoiler

They had that talk, but it might be only the first of such talk.

Tsuno didn't hide his feelings over Mizuki, and also Umi, as he tells Natsu how Mizuki completed courses to be a librarian whilst pregnant, and that he won't tell everything either to Natsu what Mizuki had went through. To which Natsu answers, like a vow, that what Tsuno wants to hide, he will find out.

I get Tsuno though, as there are things you will prefer to keep in private and in secret, especially when you're part of it, too. There are things a person will not have words for since it will bare their souls, reveal their vulnarabilities, and open old wounds,  once they start talking.

Yayoi

Spoiler

...and Mizuki, 8 years ago

When Yayoi confided to Natsu that she took a sick leave, and went to a far off hospital to complete the procedure, it clicked. 

What she wrote about happiness in a patients' logbook of sorts Mizuki found in the hospital's waiting area, had now come full circle.

Yayoi's written words helped changed Mizuki's mind on whether her choice is what's considered to be right, what's expected of her, or what makes her happy.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

This is so adorably cute!

This is way even cuter! 😍

Oh, so she liked dancing to "Brother Beat"? She asked Meme to teach her the steps. Would be nice to see a BTS of her dancing it.

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Yayoi

Read this spoiler and allow me to puke a little bit over the last line

sick schitts creek GIF by CBC

Is this a makjang drama or what? :D

I still don't like Yayoi.

• LOL 2

38 minutes ago, partyon said:

Read this spoiler and allow me to puke a little bit over the last line

Is this a makjang drama or what? :D

I still don't like Yayoi.

It was more like Yayoi writing that doing what she was expected to do, what she was told to do, just trapped her in that limbo of not being able to decide on what makes her happy, and just allows her to keep blaming others without her own accountability. 

Call it the ramblings of someone who was still in pain..?

Spoiler

I heard it's painful when they "clean up inside" after miscarriages, so I'm assuming they do something similar to abortions in hospitals? I did hear it too from someone who I can only describe as a serial terminator, however I wasn’t in any mood to ask anything because she was telling me (didn't even ask, bleh) as if it's something to brag about i.e. where she flies to drink the med even at 5mo and then returns once fetus is dead, then gets it done.

Timeline-wise, she did the termination just before Mizuki went in the same hospital.

If Mizuki felt what Yayoi wrote is the answer to her own misgivings, whether to give birth ahead or not, then for her it's the right choice since it too made her happy.

I'm still not quite sold with Yayoi either, as I didn't quite like the look in her face in the 7th ep trailer.

Side note: the hands and fingers of Furukawa (Mizuki) are beautiful. 😊

• Shocked 1

@MayanEcho WTF did I just read? :rage:

Spoiler

In which country is it possible to terminate at 5 months? :scream:

Only one country in Europe which allows termination at 24 weeks and that's the UK. The majority of European countries have a maximum of 12 weeks.

Am shocked.

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I'm still not quite sold with Yayoi either, as I didn't quite like the look in her face in the 7th ep trailer.

Where's the trailer?

Confused Looking For GIF by Looney Tunes

• Wiggle 1

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

Where's the trailer?

Yayoi with flowers. I don't like her side eye.

About that person:

Spoiler

She flies to PK. She asks there the "drink" from her medical practitioner relatives. She'd fly back, goes for checkup, gets told fetus has no heartbeat, then she'd be scheduled to do you know what.

In between her 5 kids are 1-3 terminations.

I was horrified. I didn't even know why she's telling me, especially as I was pregnant with my first and that kind of story was the last thing I want to hear about.

• Wiggle 1

When the library isn't open to the public:

1. Run through the library.

2. Also, drink beer in the library 😅 

I love the motion sensors that switch the lights on when somebody is passing through and only where the person is. Saves energy...

Yamato and Yayoi sends this photo to Natsu while he and Umi are in the library with Tsuno.

• Blob 1

Thought on ep 6

Spoiler

I think Natsu is still in love with Mizuki.  Yayoi should give Natsu some time to sort out his feelings.  Clearly Mizuki was still in love with Natsu as seen in the ep 7 preview scolding Tsune for saying something negative about Natsu.  I'm guessing that Tsune doesn't know that Mizuki broke Natsu's heart when, and how, she broke up with him.  I still find it odd that Akane is willing to give up Umi.  I would think Akane would want to keep Umi bc she's a part of Mizuki.  What I didn't like was the fact that Yayoi and Mizuki "knew" each other through the writings at the clinic.  Why does everyone need to have this connection to each other?  I have the same problem with K drama when the characters knew each other as kids and suddenly they find each other 20+ years later.  It .just.bugs.:joy:

I don't like Yayoi either.  Something about her character rubs me the wrong way.   More Yamoto, less Yayoi!

• Wiggle 1