Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

*** Although we had some weekend shows end last week, those slots are already filled by even more new content. We got a drama "Bad and Crazy".  :kaching1:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 13-19, 2021

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/12/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-13-19-2021/

Friday, Dec. 17      
The Red Sleeve Cuff 11 MBC 12.8%
Now We Are Breaking Up 11 SBS 6.5%
Bad and Crazy 1 tvN 4.5%
Saturday, Dec. 18      
Young Lady and Gentleman 25 KBS  
The Red Sleeve Cuff 12 MBC  
Now We Are Breaking Up SBS
Snowdrop 1 JTBC  
Chimera 15 OCN  
Bad and Crazy 2 tvN  
Bulgasal: Immortal Souls 1 tvN  

*** “A Year-End Medley” (new title) has shared an exciting new trailer! The trailer starts with all the characters enduring tough times as they prepare for the new year. However, there is a sudden change in pace as the caption reads, “Before this year ends, I will most certainly…!” The clip then cuts to hotel manager So Jin (Han Ji Min) sitting at a table with a fortune teller (Lee Kyu Hyung) who tells her, “Someone is definitely going to confess their feelings for you within the year.” She responds in disbelief, “There’s really not much time left in the year.” Before the year ends, the characters are also shown meeting new people, thriving in business, and visiting Hotel Emross. Finally, the characters all happily start their countdown to the new year. “A Year-End Medley” hits theatres on December 29 and will also premiere on TVING.  I highly anticipate for this movie to come out for LDW and Kang Ha Neul. It looks fun. 

:wut:

credit : soompi news

*** In K-dramas, bromances often steal the show, too. Su-yeol and K start off on the wrong foot but eventually join forces, fighting side-by-side for justice in the drama "Bad and Crazy".  Their bromance is a love-hate relationship that

will capture the attention of viewers. Just like LDW's bromance with Gong Yoo in "Goblin".     :popcornjackson:

Lee%20Dong%20Wook_Wi%20Ha%20Jun_%20close

40928500_-_20_12_2016_-_wwtv21.jpg

photos source : AsiaOne

*** On December 22 episode of tvN's 'You Quiz on the Block', Lee Dong Wook appeared as guest. In the show he said that he felt like a complete failure after "Goblin" because he finds it hard to act. He stated "It's been like 22 years since I started acting, but acting has never been easy for me. I still doesn't feel easy. I felt like someone had me tied up somewhere. It almost felt as if I was at the same point in my career, without being able to move forward. I felt really frustrated and stressed out about that." Lee Dong Wook shared that he only stayed at home for months after wrapping up the drama. He commented, "Following 'Guardian', I kept thinking to myself, 'Why do I keep failing?', 'Why can't I act well?', 'Maybe I should step back as I'll never succeed.' and more. I felt like I wasn't getting better at acting. I used to make lots of preparations for my roles, but when I couldn't act as well as I thought, I felt very stressed. That hit me hard after 'Guardian', so I didn't leave home for months then. At one point though, I realized staying at home wasn't going to help me in any ways. I was scared that I would just get into the deeper depressed mode. That's why I decided to join 'Strangers from Hell'. When I acted in 'Strangers from Hell', I didn't pressure myself. I tried to go with the flow. It was so much easier for me to act that way. I felt much more at ease."  :heart:

201621129_1280.jpg

201621127_1280.jpg

photos source : SBS Star

*** Also, in the show 'You Quiz on the Block' Lee Dong Wook shared how he spent the last five Christmas Eve, including the one this year with Cho Sae-ho and Nam Chang-hee. He laughed and said "We've been spending Christmas Eve together for the last five years. It's not like we do anything special though. We usually meet up, have dinner, then drink. After that, we just go back to our place at like one or two in the morning. We get sleep at our own home. That's it, really." To this, Cho Sae-ho commented, "It's like our annual ritual. We gather together every Christmas Eve." Then, Yu Jae Seok said, "Somebody said that they think you are hanging out with Cho Sae-ho and Nam Chang-hee to stand out even more. What's your stand on this opinion?" Lee Dong Wook laughed and responded, "It's you who said that! It's not somebody! It's you, I know that it's you!"  :Megalol:

201620921_1280.jpg

201620920_1280.jpg

201620919_1280.jpg

photos source : SBS Star

• Like 1

8 Korean actors who looked really amazing as doctors in medical dramas

Medical dramas are really popular in Korea. It even created a wave of medical topics in Asia, mainly praising the profession of Doctor, a profession considered noble, treating the sick.

Here are some of the top Korean actors who looked really amazing as doctors in medical dramas.

5. Lee Dong Wook in Life – (2018)

Lee-Dong-Wook-in-Life.jpg

Ye Jin-woo (Lee Dong Wook) is a doctor in the emergency center at the Sangkook University Hospital. He is a warm-hearted person who cares for his patients and fights against the corrupt hospital director. He has a caring personality and a charming face; you are sure to fall in love with him.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/12/24/8-korean-actors-who-looked-really-amazing-as-doctors-in-medical-dramas/

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 20-26, 2021

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/12/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-20-26-2021/

Friday, Dec. 24      
The Red Sleeve Cuff 13 MBC 12.8%
Now We Are Breaking Up 12 SBS 5.7%
Snowdrop 3 JTBC 1.9%
Bad and Crazy 3 tvN 3.7%
Saturday, Dec. 25      
Young Lady and Gentleman 27 KBS 32.9%
The Red Sleeve Cuff 14 MBC 13.0%
The Red Sleeve Cuff 15 MBC 14.3%
Now We Are Breaking Up 13 SBS 4.9%
Snowdrop 4 JTBC 1.7%
Bad and Crazy 4 tvN 3.1%
Bulgasal: Immortal Souls 3 tvN 4.8%

Romance film ‘A Year-End Medley’ invites audiences to world without COVID-19

http://res.heraldm.com/content/image/2021/12/28/20211228000526_0.jpg
From left: Actors Won Ji-an, Jo Joon-young, Lee Kwang-soo, Go Sung-hee, Kim Young-kwang, director Kwak Jae-yong, Han Ji-min, Lee Dong-wook, Won Jin-ah, Kang Ha-neul, Lim Yoon-ah, Lee Hye-young, Jung Jin-young pose after a press conference Monday at CGV Yongsan in central Seoul. (CJ ENM)

It is not the end of the year without a romance film about multiple couples’ Christmas and New Year holidays. Last year there was “New Year Blues” directed by Hong Ji-young and this year we have romance film master Kwak Jae-yong’s “A Year-End Medley.”

“It does not feel like Christmas or New Year holiday anymore due to COVID-19. I want to recreate the holiday vibe that we used to enjoy,” Kwak said during a press conference held on Monday at CGV Yongsan in central Seoul. “In our film, there is no COVID-19 nor pandemic.”

Kwak’s new movie features an ensemble cast of 14 actors and tells love stories that intertwine between characters who are staying or working at hotel Emros.

Anything that audiences might need to feel the holiday vibe is all in the film.
“A Year-End Medley” begins with singer-songwriter Leekang (Seo Kang-joon) in Santa custom singing a Christmas carol with a group of people in a studio without wearing a mask.

It features props like Christmas trees and decorations here and there and scenes of people gathered together for the New Year‘s Eve countdown.

During the press conference, the director added that the film aims to include both relatable and dreamy elements.

“I tried to show my style through the story of people staying in the hotel. I tried portraying (situations of) people in diverse (economic) classes and also create a story that is like a fairy-tale,” Kwak said.

However, it seemed like he had difficulties balancing the two elements, as most of the stories that were introduced in “A Year-End Medley” were cliched and obvious.

Hotel Emros’ housekeeper Yi-young magically meets her prince charming the hotel CEO Young-jin (Lee Dong-wook) and falls in love. Their story follows the same plot of the Cinderella story so often shown in Korean romance dramas.

There are many realistic conflicts and relatable difficulties introduced at the beginning of the movie. Jae-young (Kang Ha-neul) constantly fails to pass the civil service exam, while So-jin (Han Ji-min) struggles with the news of her best friend Seung-hyo (Kim Young-kwang) getting married because she secretly has a crush on him. Star singer-songwriter’s manager Sang-hoon (Lee Kwang-soo) has a hard time asking his artist Leekang to renew his contract with him, as the star has better offers from other agencies.

Nonetheless, these problems are all resolved easily and idealistically in the movie.

Also, rookie actor Jo Joon-young, who stars as a high school athlete in love with the most popular girl (Won Ji-an) in school, often shows his inexperience in the film. This is Jo’s first commercial film debut.

Despite these defaults, the movie is still watchable.

The rookie’s amateurishness is offset through natural and witty performances of veteran actors like Jung Jin-young and Lee Hye-young. Big-name actors like Han Ji-min, Lee Dong-wook, Kang Ha-neul, Im Yoon-ah and Lee Kwang-soo also help make the unbelievable story somewhat believable.

Kwak’s new film is being released simultaneously in theaters and via CJ ENM streaming platform Tving on Wednesday.

By Song Seung-hyun (ssh@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

*** On December 28th, Good Data Corporation released the top 10 most buzz-worthy dramas for the 4th week of December. The list was compiled from analyzing news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about them. :Megathanks:

Top 10 Currently Most Buzz-Worthy Dramas in South Korea for the Fourth Week of December, According to Data

#9 tvN's 'Bad and Crazy' (2.54 points)

20211229_014916_491_9.jpg

source : Gstarlive

*** The film "A Year-End Medley" was released in theaters and on the domestic streaming service TVing yesterday  December 29th. The movie has drawn attention for its very large cast, consisting of many major stars in minor roles. The role of a young and rich rich hotel owner is a very familiar one to Lee Dong-wook.  This is actually his third role fitting that description. He was also similar roles in the television drama "My Girl" and "Hotel King".  :Ohboy3:

photo1409977.jpg

photo source : Hancinema

• Like 1

*** According to figures releases by the Korean Film Council, "A Year-End Medley" is now the best performing South Korean film at the domestic box office. In its first day of release, the movie had 38,365 admissions. However, it trailed behind two foreign films. These were Spider-Man: No Way Home, which continues to dominate the South Korean Box Office, and The King's Man, another Hollywood release that carried over from the previous week. The movie was also released simultaneously on the TVing streaming platform. There, it currently leads all other films on the platform, although TVing has not released any exact numbers, as it is a standard for streaming platforms.  :kisslevel:

photo1410486.jpg

source : Hancinema

10 Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching in January 2022

It’s time to ring in the new year with all new kdramas! 2022 is bringing us new dramas to enjoy, and hopefully, we’ll start the year off right. Let’s see what we have to look forward to in this January 2022 edition of “Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching.”

This monthly series is meant to keep you updated on what’s happening in that amazing world of Korean dramas so that you don’t miss out on anything! Here are the kdramas you should keep an eye out for in January 2022:

My Pick:

6. Bad and Crazy

Bad and Crazy Korean Drama - Lee Dong Wook and Wi Ha Joon

Bad and Crazy is about a materialistic police detective (Lee Dong Wook) who has another personality called “K” awaken in him which transforms him into a champion for justice that fights police corruption.

Bad and Crazy airs Friday and Saturday on OCN.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramakisses

9 Celebrities Who Are Korean But Get Mistaken For Foreigners ALL THE TIME

These Korean celebrities have the features to pass as foreigners.

yiBayY10WuEjmjzZzm0Pf3jxpOZm9TBYePNsOcpB

8. Lee Dong Wook

Lee Dong Wook‘s strong facial features, such as his deep-set eyes and large nose, make him look non-Korean. When Lee Dong Wook went blonde, fans were amazed by how foreign he looked. But of course, Lee Dong Wook is 100% Korean.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 27, 2021-Jan. 2, 2022

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/01/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-27-2021-jan-2-2022/

Friday, Dec. 31      
The Red Sleeve Cuff MBC
Now We Are Breaking Up SBS
Bad and Crazy 5 tvN 3.4%
Saturday, Jan. 1      
Young Lady and Gentleman 29 KBS 31.4%
The Red Sleeve Cuff 16 MBC 17%
The Red Sleeve Cuff 17 MBC 17.4%
Now We Are Breaking Up 14 SBS 4.2%
Snowdrop 6 JTBC 1.9%
Bad and Crazy 6 tvN 2.6%
Bulgasal: Immortal Souls 5 tvN 3.4%