Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

I'm becoming so moved any time I read this thread :bawling: There was time when just a few of us have been visiting it and now so many awesome people and posts. And atmosphere is so warm! Love how @winterdew called our team fan-mily. :heart: I always knew that Wookie attractes and moreover makes passionate only good people. Let's keep our atmosphere like that and keep rooting for Wookie and supporting him in his not easy ride! And let's hope his next drama will attract even more nice people who'll join us here. 

@winterdew chingu, thanks for your recap and translation of MC's interview! Wookie = inspiration and role model. People who understand that deserves my deepest bow. Like I've said I hope nevertheless language barrier Wookie and MC will keep in touch. When person can recognise how genuine and unique other person is just in one day he/she deserves to become close to the other one. And Wookie deserves such friend as well. 

My tiny addition to 'young Wookie' collection. Very young Wookie haha:

pp3tk4ZzN3c.jpg

• Like 11

[FEATURE] 5 Times Lee Dong Wook Made Your Heart Melt

c121518c-2f6c-4e54-a190-1dce9e974025.jpeg?resize=572%2C331

Actor Lee Dong Wook is no stranger to the spotlight. He has gained the reputation as a respectable actor who has played a variety of roles. However, he rose to even greater heights after playing his most revered role yet: a sinister yet oblivious grim reaper in the hit drama series ‘Goblin’ back in 2016. Despite playing such a serious character, in reality, Lee Dong Wook might just be the biggest sweetheart you will ever meet!

Here are 5 instances where Lee Dong Wook made you forget that he was the grim reaper and might just melt your heart with his actions.

Uncle Lee Dong Wook playing with the Beagle Twins and baby Daebakie

The three out of 5 children of Korea’s soccer legend Lee Dong Gook are famous for their affinity towards handsome men. They light up and become even more playful than they already are. It’s no surprise when the ever-so-handsome uncle Lee Dong Wook came to visit and replaced their dad for a day that the children became ecstatic.

Uncle Lee Dong Wook visit the Beagle Twins and Daebakie the for 2nd time

The 3 children love Lee Dong Wook so much that the TROS team decided to surprise them with his presence for the 2nd time. Uncle Lee Dong Wook surprised them as he hid in a large gift box, giving the beagle twins a slight scare. But, all is well, as they took a trip to the seaside together with Daebak who grew bigger from Dong Wook’s last visit. They had a fun day at the water park and played sports with both uncle Lee Dong Wook and daddy Lee Dong Gook.

Lee Dong Wook and Song Ji Hyo: The Best of Friends

The two best friends first met when they both played in a drama called ‘The Fugitive of Joseon’ back in 2013. Dong Wook played the lead role of ‘Choi Won’, a royal physician and Ji Hyo was his assistant. Their heartwarming friendship is often showcased in the hit variety series ‘Running Man’ where viewers can see just how compatible the two are with each other.

The famous bromance turned real-life best friends from ‘Roommate’

One of the many highlights from the hit reality show ‘Roommate’, which sadly ended after only 2 seasons in 2015, was the funny yet genuine bromance between Lee Dong Wook and comedian Jo Sae Ho. They had so so many things in common that their on-screen chemistry continued even off screen. The two even did a pictorial for Cosmpolitan Korea’s September issue in 2015; showcasing their candid bromance moments. One funny yet adorable instance that showcased their friendship can be seen in the video above when the two were caught lip-syncing to a song from the Disney movie ‘Frozen’!

Lee Dong Wook in Blade Man: Prickly Pear turned Clingy Boyfriend

One of his more underrated performance throughout his career would probably be Lee Dong Wook in the drama ‘Blade Man—aka Iron Man’ in 2014. Lee played a wealthy man named Joo Hong Bin with both figuratively and literally a rough exterior, as he acquires a supernatural ability wherein his anger can trigger knives to pop out of his back! However, Hong Bin finds solace in a woman who is the opposite of him; Son Se Dong played by Shin Se Kyung.

It may come as a shocker for those who are only acquainted to Lee’s role as the grim reaper, but it’s quite obvious just how affectionate he is in real life. And for those who might be intrigued to see more of Lee Dong Wook’s adorable antics in real life, he is in fact hosting a fan meeting on the 20th of May in Jakarta. For more info, check out the event’s details here. 

http://theseoulstory.com/feature-5-times-lee-dong-wook-made-your-heart-melt/

i like the author esp. when he talked about Blade man

• Like 13

I am in the mod to listen to some music then I chose to listen some of the old OST in Wookie's old dramas and I picked two wonderful OST to share with you and enjoy with me:)

This a perfect sad love story and the music is enhancing the sad romantic atmosphere of the drama. Although, there is no eng sub for this OST but the feeling only made me want to cry.

This is another OST from SOAW, I also liked this so much especially I could hear Wookie's melodic voice sharing the song with the lead female actress and you can easily feel their combined feelings through this song.

• Like 6

On 16/05/2017 at 10:51 PM, noname111 said:

Okay Chingu-deul! Let's spend a quality time before Jakarta FM this weekend where we will get bunch of photos and videos. BIG thanks to @kler2009 providing us bunch of never-ending collections of young Oppa. Here we go, the best I could gather with my limited knowledge of him! There's always room for more improvement. Feel free to suggest anything. 

Have a FEAST of "Young Oppa's Look"!

C__YoWvUQAAklr7.jpg

C_9F76IVoAEkxKa.jpg

C_9F76JUMAA9tgT.jpg

Which team are YOU in? Pick as many as you want! LOL.

Alpha | Arang  >> Author's pick

Bravo | Boy Next Door

Charlie | Chaebol Gong Chan  >> Author's pick

Delta | Darkside Oppa

Echo | Every Girl's Dream

Foxtrot | Funny Lee Tae Joo

Golf | GONG CHAN FOREVER  >> Author's pick

Hotel | High School Oppa

India | Indonesia FM

Juliet | Joon Soo

Kilo | KEN DOLL (LOL)

Lima | Lovely Oppa

Mike | Military Oppa

November | Nihon FM  >> Author's pick

Oscar | Oh So Handsome  >> Author's pick

Papa | Pink Oppa

Quebec | Quirky Look

Romeo | RAWR  >> Author's pick

Sierra | Smiiiillllleeee

Tango | Too Cute To Be True

Uniform | Underage

Victor | Very Sexy Stare (yummy)  >> Author's pick

Whiskey | White Namja

XRay | Xtremely Charming  >> Author's pick

Yankee | Young Oppa

Zulu | Zzzzz... I fainted already

Aaaack, i haven't vote. Is it ended? I vote for B I N O ! Young Wookie looks adorable.

@winterdew reading yiur story makes me happy... thanks :D

• Like 4

Whoooooaaaaa! This thread is moving so fast. HD hunting first LOL. I love his relax and casual look. And LDW in black/white is the best. Especially when sunlight shines upon him. He looks so fresh and extra fair! Hope they welcome you well there. Have a safe trip! And his skin complexion.... breathtaking!

DB0TatzVwAQAN4R.jpg

DB0Tat1UAAEDf-T.jpg

DB0Th2FUQAAQs-e.jpg

DB0TatzVYAAjFBy.jpg

DB0TatyU0AQWQVM.jpg

DB0Th0kUwAAG6BH.jpg

DB0Th0XVoAEkOee.jpg

DB0Th0hVoAATfV8.jpg

DB8ABgwVYAAzsuP.jpg

DB8AFSLUQAA_TVp.jpg

DB8AFQ6VwAEWRvB.jpg

DB8AHEZUQAAlwAD.jpg

DB8AHFTUwAAb6cH.jpg

DB8ABgtVwAASkXy.jpg

DB8ABg6VYAAjqv0.jpg

DB8ABh3VYAEcOHS.jpg

DB8AFO_UwAAnZPe.jpg

DB8AFP6VwAAueu6.jpg

• Like 12

Phew! Finally I'm able to finished this. Sorry for posting so late. Please enjoy! Here is the translation to Lee Dong Wook's post Goblin interview for Hanryu Pia May 2017, Japanese Magazine. And I do hope this is not the only Japanese article I translate prior or after his upcoming FM in Japan. He really needs to be featured there. Really...

DBu8kdQXsAAxBUQ.jpg

DBu8kc1U0AAHBIz.jpg

[ENGLISH TRANSLATION]

Hanryu [Hallyu/ Korean Wave] Pia May 2017

Dokkaebi [Goblin] Special

LEE DONG WOOK

Born 6 November 1981, debuted in 1999, gained notice in breakout role of 2003 drama 'Land of Wine', leading to 'My Girl' (2005), 'Scent of A Woman' (2011), 'Wild Romance' (2012), 'Ironman' (2014), 'Bubblegum' (2015), for his leading roles. In June, he will have Fan Meeting in Japan. 

“Warm and cute, the way character [Grim Reaper] interacts with the deceased souls is very attractive.”

“I was strongly attracted to the unusualness of this character. Usually Grim Reapers are seen as cruel and scary, but in this story, the Grim Reaper has a warm and cute side, and the interactions with the Goblin attracted me to take up this role."

“Stylish but somewhat clumsy Grim Reaper."

The role Lee Dong Wook acted as in 'Goblin' is a Grim Reaper that goes to a deceased human being and sends them to the underworld. If Gong Yoo's role is a handsome Goblin that breaks the common image of goblins, Lee Dong Wook takes on the comparative role of a stylish Grim Reaper.

“It's refreshing to wear a suit and hat. There wasn’t any previous role which I can refer to (laugh). The script was perfect so I trusted it completely.”

The Grim Reaper’s job is to silently send away the dead following the list of deaths. One day, he had a mysterious encounter with Sunny (Yoo In Na), the pretty owner of a chicken shop and fell in love. As he is someone who is detached from the living world, he is not used to dating a mortal girl and is often going in circles, inciting laughter from the viewers. His clumsiness gives off a pure vibe and the small things that go wrong makes the viewers feel attached.

“When Sunny asked, 'What’s your hobby?’ or 'What do you like?’ the character replied immediately with, ‘It’s Sunny’. That is one of my favorite scenes, and many among the viewers seem to enjoy it as well. Although I was surprised that even though he’s clumsy in love, he is very straightforward about his feelings (laugh).”

The Grim Reaper has no memories of his previous life, when his memories came back and he learnt of his past in the last part of the drama, the character’s struggle with resolving the relationship with Sunny from the previous life was well acted out by Lee Dong Wook and touches the viewers deeply. 

“In Episodes 12 and 13, there are many scenes with strong emotions and it was really tough as I have to put myself entirely into the acting. There were many crying scenes and I had to express the feelings of guilt after knowing my past life, it was really difficult.”

In this drama, as important as the relationship between the Grim Reaper and Sunny, is the wonderful 'bromance' displayed by the Goblin and Grim Reaper. They live under one roof, quarrel with each other and fight almost like children. At the same time they sympatise with each other and constantly think about each other. Lee Dong Wook and Gong Yoo talk with each other in a comical tempo, this is because they had attended military service together previously and have become close since then.

“Gong Yoo is someone who makes the fellow actors feels relaxed. Sometimes I suggest adlib acting. When I ask Gong Yoo, ‘What if I try to do this?’ He will agree immediately. He helped me a lot during the filming and it was a comfortable experience.”

Lee Dong Wook commented that perhaps ‘Goblin’ will become the work that stays in his memories for the longest time, and this is his response to the film being extremely popular among the viewers.

“Neither the Goblin nor the Grim Reaper is real, they can teleport or move through walls, yet they are starting to blend into the lives of a normal human being. When they feel weak, they will take medicine. When they are upset, they will have a beer together and chat to each other about their worries. They are really human-like in this aspect and this is probably their strongest connection to the viewers. Even in Japan it seems there are many fans of this drama.”

[Question from Hanryu Pia] 

What is your most memorable dialogue?

“When Grim Reaper goes to a deceased soul, he first calls the name of the person who died, tells the age and date of birth, tells the time of death and cause of death, and then confirms with, ‘It’s you, right?’ I feel like it is the signature of Grim Reaper, his most memorable dialogue, ‘It’s you, right?’”

• Like 15

23 minutes ago, MaysoonD said:

Do you have to look that awesome when i have multi tasks to do today . i want to focus on work Wookie plz

look at him bows

so polite ^_^

I am so happy to see him ^_^ hope he enjoys his stay in Jakarta

@giegie are you ready?? haha

@noname111 thanks for the HD pics and the translation :)

• Like 9

Oh My God. The HD pics from LiveEn are by the far the BEST I've ever seen. They are all perfect, the man is perfect, lighting is perfect, color is perfect, poses also perfect, everything perfect! And it brings the best out of him. Love it so much and I will spam them here. Hahahaha. Have a feast of a Perfect Namja! 

DB0TjugUAAED1Im.jpg

DB0TjufVoAEIeNq.jpg

DB0TjuhV0AABOor.jpg

DB7-d1gV0AAW3qt.jpg

DB0TjuhUIAAKqsC.jpg

DB0TmVtVoAAJNbs.jpg

DB0TmWDV0AAUtX_.jpg

DB0TmVvU0AAxzXw.jpg

DB0TmWAUwAAN7-R.jpg

DB0ToN7VwAAjP6v.jpg

DB0ToN8V0AAqHxb.jpg

DB0ToN8UIAAk7Gg.jpg

DB0ToN7VoAASGaT.jpg

I'm so excited! Lately so many news of him and in couple of days will be Jakarta FM. There should be a press conference. I hope he gets a warm welcome there.

• Like 14