Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

2 hours ago, MaysoonD said:

'The Year of the Rooster' babies Jo In-seong and Park Bo-geom

Skipped unrelated

Lee Dong-wook also hit home run. He starred in the drama "Goblin" as a Death Angel. The long coat he wore in the drama have all been sold out. He's going to be busy in 2017 as he's been getting love calls from agencies and advertising companies. http://www.hancinema.net/-the-year-of-the-rooster-babies-jo-in-seong-and-park-bo-geom-102839.html

@MaysoonD thanks chingu for updates! glad to see updates about Wookie. Wow. His coats have been sold out! No wonder that I can't get the one I liked the most :cold_sweat:

And I wonder what kind of agencies the article is reffering to? Any ideas? Personally I prefer lots of love calls from directors and writers. Hopefully he gets them as well.

Funny thing that Sungjae is wearing Grim Reaper's hairstyle. Haha. We know that you love your uncle Dongwook,Sungjae-ya. 

Btw on this pic with Wookie's sign the pic is from pictorial which we haven't seen yet. And since it's printed then it's not the one which Wookie was filming the same day with Sungjae. I love the pic! Can it be Oliver Sweeney? I think it's either photoshoot for Magazine or for clothes brand. 

Sungjae,lee-dong-wook,gong-yoo

What is strange that we don't see any news about Wookie's new endorsements. :ph34r: It can't be that he has pictorials for magazines almost each day. Anyway such a busy namja. And he'll continue after Thailand as well. I want him to depart for overseas pictorial. Like @giegie mentioned before, bromance overseas photoshoot will be cool. And ofc I want couple's photoshoot as well in style of LJS and HHJ or LJS and PSH after Pinoccio.

@pnaysurfer84 @CatchMine_ID welcome here, chingus! nice to meet you. Which dramas have you already watched? Have you watched any of his varieties?^_^

@joyezz guess which drama I have started to watch:D

• Like 9

@Princi_86 @MaysoonD, my sister recommended My Girl back when it first came out. I bought the DVD set too. So, I thought LDW was really great in that drama. But I skipped Wild Romance. Watched Scent of a Woman with KSA. Finished it.  Cried my eyes out watching that drama. Watched a bit of Blademan but didn't get invested in his role in that. Saw him in Running Man, Vietnam Episode. Tried watching Hotel King. Dropped it again. Same with Bubblegum. BUT I loved him in Dokkebi/Goblin drama. I think it's one of the best roles I've seen him in. Right next to GY, I think it was the best bromance I've seen in my drama watching history. I think LDW is the most adorable person with such a lovely personality. 

• Like 10

@Princi_86 hello^_^ I watched a bit in Scent of A Woman and then try Bubblegum but dropped it.. I fell by Grim Reaper/King Yeo role, so shiny! I'm glad that he pursues that role cause I can't imagine anyone beside him. Irreplaceable. Then I'm diggin up varieties of him like in KBS with babies, then Running Man, am I missed something? Please tell me:D I really love how his physical features kinda like mixed-bloods and his personality is so fun and lovely, seems he is an outgoing person and its really adorable:)

Still hoping that he will dye his hair again with that blondie, it looks so awesome on him omo. He totally slays it.

• Like 7

@Princi_86 Wild Romance? :tongue: 

@MaysoonD whoa licking lips unbuttoned shirt 

Related image

most of the promos outside of Korea are using Wookie and GY instead of main couple haha and they use such a handsome pic of him :) 

his message to Sung Jae is so sweet haha Don't forget me T.T :D

@pnaysurfer84 welcome :) whoa you watch Wookie's drama every year since MG?

Image result for respect gif

@CatchMine_ID @riuenu welcome :) lets look forward to Wookie's next project together 

• Like 9

@pnaysurfer84 @CatchMine_ID Hello! Welcome to LDW thread! I hope all of you will have a fun and exciting fangirling time with us. CatchMine_ID you could also check Roommate variety whereas he took part for 2 season. Awww yes, the mix blood, most of all find he had a resemblance with Johny Depp and for Pnaysurfer84, you could give Wild Romance a try, Park Mu Yeol is such a interesting character, he's such an arrogant at the first but then you'll love him for his soft side

@MaysoonD Thank you so much for the updates and pics! OMOOOO... such a lucky treat for Hongkong citizen bcos they couldn't get bored during their trip. LOL

@baranblaq I love the first photo where he wears a cute party hat! And his smile is soooooo adorable!

@Princi_86 I think it's his new pictorial shoot, but idk... maybe we'll have LDW's news after holiday. I couldn't wait for their Thailand gateway! Hope everyone is healthy and could enjoy the trip and still, I hope PD Na could kidnap them. It's such a big waste for TvN if they didn't get Goblin's male casts for a trip after such a big buzz

• Like 7

Wow..so many updates and pictures! :D

I just finished watching wild romance. Its a suprisingly fun story with a dash of mystery. Some spoilers below tag

Spoiler

The characteres in WR were intersting. At first i didnt like the ex-gf character as i find her unnecessary and didnt get why mungyeol was so obsessed with her. But after a while i warmed up to her character. She knew when to stop and backdown, she even pushed her rival to step up and make a move. Its refreshing. She's not the usual ex-gf character in dramas.

The creepy stalker was so obsessed with mungyeol's lonely and sad side so she can always be there for him. Creppy stalker have serious mental issues. Huhu

It was fun watching mungyeol falling for eunjae and dongsoo pointing it out. He was being so obvious without realizing haha.

WR was not without faults, it had some cringe and unnecssary moments but overall it was a nice watch.

Lee el aka samshin halmoni was also in wild romance. It seems that wookie have worked with a lot of goblin cast before.

after watching 3 lee dong wook drama's back to back (goblin,bubblegum,wild romance), the most memorable moment is still wangyeo-goryeo crying scene and walking in the middle of the street with the queens ring and garment. Huhu. 

• Like 10

Hi all,

I saw a lot of posts on Wookie's old works so I decided to join in. I am really a romantic myself, in the sense that my mum used to love old hollywood movies, so I was into Grace Kelly, Fred Estaire and Audrey Hepburn.

Actually, I'd like to write a post on my most favourite romantic moments with Wookie because he is the closest actor to my ideal type. When I feel like I need it, I can always go back to these romantic dates with Wookie and it will always make me feel better. Here are my top 5 romantic dates with Wookie that I have replayed countless times.

1) My most favourite is in Scent of a Woman, in Episode 2/3 you get to go to Okinawa with Wookie. If I had to sketch my most perfect guy, it is really him in these scenes. Whether Kim Sun Ah is running out to him on a cliff overlooking the sea, or eating black noodles and laughing with him, or looking up at him when they are watching a wedding in a church, he looks like the perfect dreamy guy right out of my favorite novel, especially when he is starring out at the sea with a deep thoughtful look or even the way he appreciates and stares at her. Then she is looking at him when he sleeps and he suddenly opens his eyes and stares at her and that part is really sexy, or he is trying to put the necklace around her neck, avoiding eye contact. There is also an episode where he is dancing tango with her, there is some dirty dancing feels, and the scene is so sexy, he strips off his jacket and rolls up his sleeves and that his eyes seem to melt her, he doesn't even need to kiss her or really touch her, but the sexual connection is really there. It is also nice the movie is based on the western version of Scent of  Woman and some he even watches it on the TV for inspiration.

2) The second place which almost made it to the first place was Goblin's scene where he first kissed Sunny under the lamp post at night. The strange thing is before this scene took place, this is actually how I had envisioned the scene to be, him kissing her wearing black under the moonlight/street lamp post, because it is so hollywood-like. But the scene was even better than I imagined it because it was not only romantic but had a deeper meaning of him sacrificing himself to give her back her memories with her brother and telling her to forget about him. The romance of ill-fated love and the beauty of his heart breaking for her is all in his eyes and the tears streaming down his face. It is one of the most romantic scenes and poetic words in that one scene. How can you not fall in love with him and his sincerity in this moment. Also, it is only a grim reaper who can have such a love scene such as this, no wonder he desparately wanted the part.

3) Hotel King, I think it is Episode 12, where Ah Mon Ne and him escape to the old Ciel and he is broken down since he found out who his real father is. This is also like a magical escape with wookie, they are painting together, hugging and looking out to the sea and he even bares his scars and tattoos of wings to her. It is beautiful because he is so vulnerable and he is finding comfort in escaping with her. There is a scenes where he walks over to her and pulls her into a hug and then he looks into her eyes like he is swimming in her eyes and drowning in them. It is really a beautiful and vulnerable scene.

4) Dolce Vita, I think it is episode 2, there is incredible chemistry with him and snow and it is also in Japan. But my favourite scene is where he is walking with her next to a lake by the snow and there are a million sea gulls in the background. It is not really a main scene and she is asking him to be honest about when he first saw her but the sea gulls with the snow, together with the beauty of his eyes in this scene is so poetic, and he has a blue striped scarf around his neck and it is like his words are some kind of poetry. He looks young and cool and like he has a thousand stories to tell with his eyes and the music in the background also draws you into his story.

5) Bubble gum, the scene where he tells her that he did the tests and everything is going to be fine and he won't turn out like to lose his memory like his mother. It is also in the snow. Basically, it is his smile in this scene that really brings it home for me when he tells her that he is going to be ok, it is really like the sun is breaking out when he breaks into this huge smile and it is soooooo beautiful, then he hugs her and the snow falls down around him and the feeling is like they are dolls in a glass snow globe, you know the ones where you turn it upside down and when you turn in the right way up the snow is falling down. I also want to hug him like that after a warm smile like that with the snow falling down around us.

Sorry for the long post, I think I will end it here as it is getting really late here. If you haven't seen these dramas, please do, Wookie is really one special guy both physically and mentally and you can feel the romance in his eyes, in how he says the lines and also in his smile.

• Like 11

Hi @Puppywookie are you me?

I have been watching his past dramas these few weeks, and I agree wholeheartedly with your list for no 1 to 3. As for the remaining lists, I am yet to watch Dolce Vita and Bubblegum but surely, I may feel the same as what you wrote here. Personally if I may add to the list, other romantic moment that I really felt for LDW is in Kanggoo's Story, when he asked Yang to be his girlfriend. His embarrassed and shy gaze that only reserve for Yang was really on point. Another one, I can really feel his love interest from his eyes is when the first meeting of him with Yang when Yang's brother still alive. Both are short scenes but I felt for him. Funnily though, I have watched My Girl few years back but I can't remember any romantic scenes of him lol. It's probably because I am not invested on the actors and characters back then. Anyway, thanks for your sharing and I am off to watch Dolce Vita next. 

• Like 8

@joyezz you're right. Hehe. I'm always smiling while watching PMY and YIJ bikering. WR is always a mood booster. And like stated in that review you have posted, I like that he has fallen for her without any changes in her. It's not typical story. I'm going to watch Mandate of Haeven then. It's the only drama which I watched only once. Ok, LDV a well. But I'm going to watch LDV as well too.

@miecha brace yourself! La Dolce Vita if you'll get involved in this drama will make you feel a lot of emotions. I love Kang Koo's story as well. Love the ending and the way female lead has fallen for him. I remember like she was watching him fishing with friends and her thoughts that he was looking like Angel. Wookie is also the best in showing beliavable love towards his female lead. I have never doubt his character's love towards female lead. His eyes can express all of that. 

@katakwasabi Wild Romance is not perfect of course. It doesn't have epic plot or epic scenes. There is no much drama and he doaesn't cry because of female lead. And that's what I love in this story. The only tears he's droping are because of his best friend. And overall drama has very light plot with a hint of mystery and detective in it. I agree with you, that King Wang Yeo's historiacal part was the most impressive and touching not only in terms of his ating, but in terms of writing and backstory as well. I was only 5-7 minutes screentime but it feeled like we have seen years of King's misery and angst and we have believed him. I can try to watch La Dolce Vita. It has powerful writing and plot as well. And Wookie's character has personal disorder there, he's always on the ege. Sometimes he's devastated and miserable like Wang Yeo. of course Wookie was only 26 back then and his acting hasn't been that perfect as when he was playing King Yeo and GR struggles, but he did awesome job taking into account his age, previous experience with totally light romcoms and the fact he was paired with co-star who was 13 years older then he. And you will never find similar kdrama. This one is noir kdrama. No wonder it has been blamed in Korea for too controversial plot. 

@giegie have you read news about Na PD's new project? looks like we will not have Wookie in BOF or any other his show. :( 

• Like 7

@Princi_86 I really  PMY,he is very confident and when he want something,he pursue it. Noone can stop him.So I don't feel frustrated watching WR. I think PMY won't let unreasonable parents to stop him from seeing the girl he loves like  haha PRH,SGC,CJW and WY all giving up on their love at one point because of something. My only complain is he treated his ex so nice in front of Eun Jae but that's before he fell for her haha.

I am watching FOJ now haha noone  talk about this drama so it feels like watching a brand new drama :tongue: will watch ep 4 and 5 this week. so far I like it

@Puppywookie my favorites moments in his drama are usually when his chars realised they have fallen in love haha 

from Wild Romance

A punch from the girl makes him realised he loves her :D

Hotel King

he is quite shook up because AMN almost get hit by that guy :bawling: that's when he realised how much he loves her

• Like 7

@Princi_86 Do you refer to Newlyweds diary of GHS and AJY or another project? I think ND already finished shooting around dec (based on the trailer) since it will premiere tomorrow

@Puppywookie Thank you for the post! Such a wonderful reminder of some beautiful moments from LDW's previous project. Scent of a Woman's tango scene at 8th eps is definitely such a hot and memorable one! It also my fave. I never think tango dance could be hotter than kiss/bed scene but LDW and KSA proved it could be. LOL

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

@joyezz you're right. Hehe. I'm always smiling while watching PMY and YIJ bikering. WR is always a mood booster. And like stated in that review you have posted, I like that he has fallen for her without any changes in her. It's not typical story. I'm going to watch Mandate of Haeven then. It's the only drama which I watched only once. Ok, LDV a well. But I'm going to watch LDV as well too.

@miecha brace yourself! La Dolce Vita if you'll get involved in this drama will make you feel a lot of emotions. I love Kang Koo's story as well. Love the ending and the way female lead has fallen for him. I remember like she was watching him fishing with friends and her thoughts that he was looking like Angel. Wookie is also the best in showing beliavable love towards his female lead. I have never doubt his character's love towards female lead. His eyes can express all of that. 

@katakwasabi Wild Romance is not perfect of course. It doesn't have epic plot or epic scenes. There is no much drama and he doaesn't cry because of female lead. And that's what I love in this story. The only tears he's droping are because of his best friend. And overall drama has very light plot with a hint of mystery and detective in it. I agree with you, that King Wang Yeo's historiacal part was the most impressive and touching not only in terms of his ating, but in terms of writing and backstory as well. I was only 5-7 minutes screentime but it feeled like we have seen years of King's misery and angst and we have believed him. I can try to watch La Dolce Vita. It has powerful writing and plot as well. And Wookie's character has personal disorder there, he's always on the ege. Sometimes he's devastated and miserable like Wang Yeo. of course Wookie was only 26 back then and his acting hasn't been that perfect as when he was playing King Yeo and GR struggles, but he did awesome job taking into account his age, previous experience with totally light romcoms and the fact he was paired with co-star who was 13 years older then he. And you will never find similar kdrama. This one is noir kdrama. No wonder it has been blamed in Korea for too controversial plot. 

@giegie have you read news about Na PD's new project? looks like we will not have Wookie in BOF or any other his show. :( 

@Princi_86 i prefer lee dong wook in a romcom lol. His crying scenes are top notch and memorable in goblin, but i prefered the fun parts more. I think it will be interesting if he can get an opportunity to act in a slice-of-life drama like the reply series. Korean dramas tend to deviate from real life situations hahaha. I'll put la dolce vita in my to watch list. I'm getting obsessed with ldw.:ph34r:

Is Na PD's new project about couples on vacation? Married couple version of we got married. :lol:

• Like 6

The main characters of 'Goblin' will all be missing out on the reward vacation

BTOB,Sungjae,Yoo-In-Na,lee-dong-wook,gong-yoo,kim-go-eunhe entire main cast of 'Goblin' will be missing out on the reward vacation.

Gong Yoo, Lee Dong Wook, Kim Go Eun, Yoo In Na, and Sungjae will all be missing out on the reward vacation to Phuket. Originally, the four actors minus Sungjae were planning to join the rest of the cast in the vacation on the 6th, but had to cancel because of their busy schedules.

SEE ALSO: BTOB reveal they're preparing for a March comeback!

Gong Yoo's label said, "We tried as much as possible to attend the reward vacation, but we couldn't because he had so many schedules." Lee Dong Wook's label said, "We fixed his schedule for the vacation, but he keeps getting more." Yoo In Na's label also said, "We were going to if possible, but she has so many schedules backed up." Kim Go Eun's label told a similar story and said, "Kim Go Eun won't be able to attend the reward vacation because of her schedules." Sungjae was already unable to go because of his busy schedule.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/02/the-main-characters-of-goblin-will-all-be-missing-out-on-the-reward-vacation

i am sorry they deserve a vacation and we deserve all the missing fun pics 

• Like 10

@MaysoonD Such a sad news and indeed, they deserved a vacation after such a hectic and endless shooting :(

I felt like their agencies didn't think about their actors and actress's personal needs but well.... I believe lots of money will also come. LOL. Please just stay healthy, LDW!

• Like 10

@Princi_86 Yeah I think I have to brace myself with Dolce Vita. I heard LDW's character is so complex here.

@Changsky Thanks for the fancam pic. Is he holding a cigarette in his hand? I wonder if LDW is a smoker.

Found this clip of LDW exercising in My Bodyguard? show. It seems recent from 2016 maybe but I am not sure what show it is.

• Like 8

@miecha yes, I think it's a cigarette since Seoul nowadays is very cold and our LDW needs to warm himself. Most of Korean celebs (male idols or actors) love to smoke, in a regular level or just once in a while, even such a cutie pie like SJK did too. I think LDW isn't a heavy smoker

• Like 7