Deng Wei 邓为 Official Thread

hush puppy

(Posted on: Friday, 5 January 2024)

Deng Wei :  Harper's Bazaar Men January 2024 Issue (Continues..)

The sales volume after the magazine went on sale was amazing.  Sales exceeded 100,000 copies in two hours.

Click To Watch :

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:4986852772347998

More Photos.  The colour-combination here is better.  So the problem really lies with the Colour-Combination.

Spoiler

OK, looked through the photos, and that's my "IMO". 

The cover- I'm really dissatisfied(. The cap shouldn't have been there! People, you can't see half of the face of your actor on the cover bcs of that cap! What are you promoting there? Those beautiful clothes (they are really beautiful,  but still...)?

What were the executors thinking about?! :crazy: Also I don't like the pose they've chosen. I can clearly see he is not fully relaxed. Still he manages to look great, but certainly a big NO for me. IMO that's not how the cover should be made(. 

7 hours ago, hush puppy said:

In my opinions, this shot right below would have looked better, if it is paired with a White Pant.  As it is?  To much "Red".

IMO white pants would be out of this shot's color palette. It's my understanding they tried to match his outfit with the "autumn-ish"  background? Red pants look very cohesive combined with the blue and green kayaks behind(or paddle-boards, I can't define what it is, sorry:lol:).

Honestly it's one of my favorite shots from the whole photoshoot ))). Love the clothes and relaxed pose. Probably my #2 for the cover.

Great shot him sitting with the red hoody on,   totally with you. And, getting back to the cover photo- that's how it should be managed if they want to promote a hoody/cap and make the actor/model  "visible" at the same time. A huge difference!

And I would love to buy those beautiful red sneakers:wub:. Hehe))).

6 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Dull Coloured Sweater.

Beautiful)

6 hours ago, hush puppy said:

This is ok.   Good Colour-Combination.   White  +Dark Blue is always a Safe Colour.   Emotes "Calmness".

Emmmm...again,  my personal opinion re the blue hoody-section. For me it looks a bit "out of character".  Like  from another photoshoot, too simple, disconnected with all other red-white photos. Really baggy upper piece, and I'm not even sure they gave him the right size ... The shirt also looks a bit messy, probably should have  been ironed...And on the top of that they even decided to add a relatively lavish necklace to this sports outfit... Still, he looks great. Just this are IMO not the quality photos to be put into a high class magazine and to be combined with other shots. These look like the photos I can make with my husband while having a walk.

Probably a good choice for a weibo account update though or smth like that.

Poor Colour-Combination.  The colour of the outer-shirt is too Chaotic and Dull

Love the shot in general, especially how the the colors are matched with the background, but would have opted for other pose to make the pants more "visible", so that they won't look like a one black undefined piece:).  However it's usually really hard with black ones, so let's say "passed" .

My #1 for the cover. Relaxed pose, clean simple lines, great match with the background. We can see the face, the eyes and the clothes. 

So, some final thoughts.

I'm partly with you on the relatively questionable quality in general. I watched the video, and he clearly gave them tonns of angles, poses and shooting opportunities. And either they haven't managed to get the best ones, or for some reason have chose those  photos above- with his head in simular position practically on 90% of  the chosen photos.

Also would like to mention the choice of the cover photo once more. IMO - they should have done a better job here. 

In general, surely this opportunity is the actor's great achievement,  100% ! Just I wish the execution would have been better. 

• Love 1

@leo2020   Thanks for your input. Very detailed.

Honestly I love the Video Clips more than the Photos.   But Bazaar did give him a very wide coverage.  Good for him.

I think Kerastase did a Better Job.  Photo-Shoots and Video Clips.

Deng Wei accomplished so much despite his Hectic Filmings.  He is very Hardworking. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

But Bazaar did give him a very wide coverage.  Good for him.

Exactly. And I totally understand that, in in the end, at this stage of his career this is the most important achievement he needs - recognition and good image. 

30 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

I think Kerastase did a Better Job.

Just want to note that their goal was a bit different. For example,  clothes were important, but in the end their main purpose was to accompany the product. The esthetics was different as well. Great ad). 

I should say so far my favorite shots were for Madame Figaro. They managed to change his image completely, making him a different person). And the shooting angles were great. 

BTW, I wonder when this last Bazaar photoshoot took place. Bcs in the video I noticed people on other boat, although blurred, seem to wear warm clothes. If so, it should be really hard to pose in summer outfits. But he managed:thumbsup:.

• Love 1

Deng Wei :  "Love Of The Divine Tree" 

Look at this Proxy-Shooter?  Climbing the Wall, and then the Extra Fencing to take photos of the filming.  

@leo2020  Madam Figaro's Photoshoot is very "Glamorous".  Classy.  I am glad that was his First Photoshoot for a Magazine.

After that, every magazine is competing for him.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Deng Wei Harper's Bazaar Men January 2024 Issue

Deng Wei believes that as an actor with only three years of experience in the entertainment industry, nothing is more confidence-boosting than delving deep into roles.

He sees it as a natural responsibility to be strict with oneself.  A driving force that strengthens his determination to continue the journey with self-discovery and self-awareness.”

(Very good!   I am glad that he is remaining disciplined and "down-to-earth").

In my opinions, this shot right below would have looked better, if it is paired with a White Pant.  As it is?  To much "Red".

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0105%2F192e9b6fj00s6s0z90051d200r500zkg00fw00kt.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

I like this shot.   Not so much the rest. :lol:

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0105%2Fe44ff75fj00s6s0zd002kd200r500zkg00id00o1.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0105%2F5fe11ba1j00s6s0zb002gd200u00139g00id00o0.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Reveal hidden contents

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0105%2F0d92b48fj00s6s0zg0030c000r500zkc.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Poor Colour-Combination.  The colour of the outer-shirt is too Chaotic and Dull

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0105%2Fd76bc4f7j00s6s0zc003hd200r500zkg00id00o1.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Same comment as above. Poor Colour Combination Too much "Red".

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0105%2Fd7bc5a87j00s6s0zb005dd200r500zkg00id00o1.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Somehow I find these Photoshoots lacking in quality.   Poor Colour-Combination.   Too much "Red" at times. 

As usual, he looks Great though.  

@leo2020@Nenye    You are welcome to post your opinions.

He's as beautiful as always. Though I'd prefer a different color. 

@Nenye   Thanks for your feedback.  I think you are like me.  Don't quite like the Colour-Combination.  Right? :lol:

Deng Wei :  The Story Of His First Magazine - Madam Figaro Hommes

Actually back then in September 2023,  both Madam Figaro Hommes and Men's Uno (Style) were already competing to be Deng Wei's First Magazine. :lol:

September and October, are known at the "Golden Nine"  and   "Silver Ten of Magazine Sales.   Their Peak Period.

09 Sept'23: "Men's Uno" (Style) officially announced that Deng Wei will be on the Double-Cover of their October Issue (Silver Ten).

10 Sept'23: "Figaro Homme" officially announced Deng Wei as their "Golden Nine First Issue".

Two magazines were officially announced in two days.  And they are monthly magazines for "Golden Nine and "Silver Ten".

10 September 2023

At 19:00, "Men's Uno" immediately counter-attacked by officially announcing that the magazine sales time will be 12:00 noon on 14 September 2023.  That means they brought forward the Launch Date for their October Issue ("Silver Ten") to September 2023.

This is Deng Wei's first magazine.  And everyone is gearing up to support Deng Wei.

Upon seeing this, "Figaro" immediately took out it's Trump Card.  

At 22:30, "Figaro Homme" directly announce that it's magazine featuring Deng Wei will go on sale at  12:00 the next day (11 September 2023), for 12 hours.  They also set Deng Wei's photo as their Avatar and Cover.

"Figaro Homme's" Overnight Weibo Post not only caught "Men's Uno" off-guard, but also Deng Wei's fans.  Some of them must be "Sleeping" already.  Only to wake the next morning and discover this !

"Figaro Homme" has never done this before.  Going on sales the next day after the official announcement the Night Before.  There is only an interval of Half A Day between the Announcement and the Sales Launch !

Fortunately Deng Wei achieved Great Results for his Inaugural Magazine - "Figaro Homme".  

In just 12 Hours, the Total Sales Volume reached more than 230,000.  The Total Sales Volume eventually reached 10.39 Million.

Deng Wei ranked Seventh in this magazine's results.  Second only to Wang Yi Bo and Xiao Zhan.

But Wait.   It must be noted that:

1)  The sales data for Wang Yi Bo and Xiao Zhan were from their heydays of "The Untamed".  Not current data.

2)  The number of fans of Wang Yi Bo and Xiao Zhan is very large.  

Deng Wei's achievement with just over 4 Millions Fans Is Really Unprecedented !

That is the Power Of Ye Shi Qi and Tu Shan Jing.   Incredible !!

Two well-known magazines almost "fighted" because of Deng Wei? Has Deng's endorsement and new drama been confirmed?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

@Nenye   Thanks for your feedback.  I think you are like me.  Don't quite like the Colour-Combination.  Right. :lol:

Deng Wei :  The Story Of His First Magazine - Madam Figaro

Actually back then in September 2023,  both Madam Figaro and Men's Uno (Style) were already competing to be Deng Wei's First Magazine. :lol:

September and October, are known at the "Golden Nine"  and   "Silver Ten"  of Magazine Sales.   Their Peak Period.

09 Sept'23: "Men's Uno" (Style) officially announced that Deng Wei will be on the Double-Cover of their October Issue (Silver Ten).

10 Sept'23: "Figaro Homme" officially announced Deng Wei as their "Golden Nine First Issue".

Two magazines were officially announced in two days.  And they are monthly magazines for "Golden Nine and "Silver Ten".

10 Sept'23: At 19:00, "Men's Uno" directly officially announced that the magazine sales time will be 12:00 noon on 14 September 2023.  That means they brought forward the Sales Date for their October Issue ("Silver Ten") to September 2023.

This is Deng Wei's first magazine.  And everyone is gearing up to support Deng Wei.

Upon seeing this, "Figaro" immediately took out it's Trump Card.  

10 Sept'23: At 22:30, "Figaro Homme" directly announce that it's magazine featuring Deng Wei will go on sale at  12:00 on 11 September 2023, for 12 hours.  They also set Deng Wei's photo as their Avatar and Cover.

"Figaro Homme"'s Overnight Weibo Post not only caught "Men's Uno" off-guard, but also Deng Wei's fans.  Some of them must be "Sleeping" already.  Only to wake the next morning and discover this !

"Figaro Homme" has never done this before.  Going on sales the next day after the official announcement the Night Before.  There is only an interval of Half A Day between the Announcement and the Sales Launch !

Fortunately Deng Wei achieved Great Results for his Inaugural Magazine - "Figaro Homme".  

In just 12 Hours, the Total Sales Volume reached more than 230,000.  The Total Sales Volume eventually reached 10.39 Million.

Deng Wei ranked Seventh in this magazine's results.  Second only to Wang Yi Bo and Xiao Zhan.

But Wait.   It must be noted that:

1)  The sales data for Wang Yi Bo and Xiao Zhan were from their heydays of "The Untamed".  Not current data.

2)  The number of fans of Wang Yi Bo and Xiao Zhan is very large.  

Deng Wei's achievement with just over 4 Millions Fans Is Really Unprecedented !

That is the Power Of Ye Shi Qi and Tu Shan Jing.   Incredible !!

Two well-known magazines almost "fighted" because of Deng Wei? Has Deng's endorsement and new drama been confirmed?

I totally love these photos. That's his best magazine for me and i love that it was his very first.

Makes me want to ask why his latest magazine was limited to 2hr. I mean... they'd want to sell as much as possible too right?

(Posted on:  Saturday, 6 January 2024)

Deng Wei :  Harper's Bazaar Men January 2024 Issue 

The person in charge at Bazaar was full of praise.  Bazaar is very satisfied with the   Final Sales Data - 120,000+.

The "Diamonds" are great!  Unity means Strength!  And every "Diamond" showed her strength.

Deng Wei and "Diamonds" are still New to High-End Magazines.  Together they will get better and better in future.  

Harper's Bazaar Men represent Not only Harper's Bazaar, but also others as well.

Congratulations to Deng Wei and "Diamonds" !!   It is a Job Well Done, Again.

(Credits to owner for the clip below)

On 1/6/2024 at 3:43 AM, Nenye said:

I totally love these photos. That's his best magazine for me and i love that it was his very first.

Makes me want to ask why his latest magazine was limited to 2hr. I mean... they'd want to sell as much as possible too right?

@Nenye  It is to Create A Sense Of Urgency.   Human Beings like to procrastinate.   If the Sales Time is not limited, people will take their own sweet time to buy.  And may eventually forget to do so.

Limiting the Sales Period guarantee Immediate Sales.  And therefore the Returns.  

Also, for Limited Sales Items, there are usually a lot of Extra Specials inside the Magazine: postcards, etc.   Depending on the Magazine Owner.  So people generally like to buy Limited Sales Items.

At the end of the day, it is a Sales Tactic To Make Quick Money. :lol:

10 January 2024:  Edited the Final Sales Data

• Like 1

(Posted on: Saturday, 6 January 2024)

Deng Wei :   Weibo Night

The next event to look out for is  "Weibo Night" - 13 January 2024.  Ah.  How they build up the Momentum.

Deng Wei has just announced his Attendance.   At last "Diamonds" and "Non-Diamonds"  Fans can see him modelling on the Red Carpet.

Since debuting, except for the Dior Event, this is the first time he actually gets to walk the Red Carpet of a Big Event.   As an Actor.

• Like 1

(Posted on: Saturday, 6 January 2024)

Deng Wei :   Weibo Night 2024 

Weibo Night 2024 will be held in Beijing on Saturday, 13 January 2024. 

It is held annually and is considered a major event in the Chinese Entertainment Industry. Many popular stars will attend this event.

The 2024 Weibo Night  lineup has begun to be officially announced.   And now the third wave has also been officially announced.

There are many popular young stars in it.  But the Heavyweight Top Stars have not yet been placed.  Rumours have it that quite a few of them will not be attending.

The female stars officially announced include : Bai Lu, Chen Du Ling, Zhang Jingyi, Li Yi Tong, Jing Tian, Yu Shuxin, Zhang Yuxi, Zhou Ye, Tian Xiwei, Li Landi, Song Yi and other popular ones.

The lineup of male stars include :  Wang Xingyue, Deng Wei, Yu Shi, Wang Hedi, Zhang Linghe, Liu Yuning, Tan Jianci, Zeng Shunxi, and Wei Daxun.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0106%2Fb20e0bbaj00s6u2f0005wd000u0018zp.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

This is the first time Deng Wei is attending Weibo Night, and his fans are looking forward to it.

Deng Wei rarely attends such events.  But this time the official finally invited him.  We can now see Weiwei's handsome appearance on the red carpet.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0106%2Fc6fd31dbj00s6u2f6002od000rs00jgp.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

@leo2020  @Nenye   Fyi, Some fans requested on Weibo that Deng Wei's Studio uses the Stylist from Kerastase.  They say SkinCeuticals also can. They ask to "Ban" the Stylist from Bazaar Magazine.  :lol:

Looks like our Fashion Tastes are not bad eh.  We were a little "Dissatisfied" with Harper's Bazaar Magazine, aren't we?

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Fyi, Some fans requested on Weibo that Deng Wei's Studio uses the Stylist from Kerastase.  They say SkinCeuticals also can. They ask to "Ban" the Stylist from Bazaar Magazine.  :lol:

Looks like our Fashion Tastes are not bad eh.  We were a little "Dissatisfied" with Harper's Bazaar Magazine, aren't we?

We surely now the proper way for things to be done, ha:coolshades:

• LOL 1

(Posted on: Sunday, 7 January 2024)

Deng Wei :   Kerastase Sea-Source  Black Diamond  Art Exhibition  

It is an Invitation from him.  The Exhibition is from 7 - 25 January 2024.  No wonder "Kerastase Hair Products" are so Expensive.  They use such exclusive ingredients. 

I personally feel that he should speak "Louder and Clearer" with better Diction, Emphasis and Pauses.    Especially so when he delivers His Scripts. 

He tends to start "strong".  And then gets "softer" and "weaker" towards the second half of his sentence.  Swallowing his words in the process.

Casual conversations with friends and others are one thing.

It is different when you are speaking to the Public.  Or when you are Acting in a Drama, Movie, or a Stage Performance.  This is an Area where he should work on if he wants to be an Excellent Actor.  This could be one of the reasons, why the Director of "Lost You Forever" had him dubbed.   He has No Accent problem.  He has "Lines-Delivery Problem".

I wish someone can tell him that. 

It is not a problem unique to him.  I notice this flaw in a lot of other actors and actresses too. Even those who came from a professional background.  This is a very common weakness among Chinese Performance Artistes.  But  One of the Fundamental Skills a Good Actor should master.  "Eye-Skills" alone is insufficient.

(Credits to owner for the clip below)

Deng Wei :   Weibo Night  

"Diamonds" are hoping that he will be the Weibo King.   It would be nice if it happens.   But I think this is very tough.  

Deng Wei :   The New Darling Of The Fashion Industry?  

Any magazine is divided into four nodes every year:

1)  The beginning of the year in January

2)  The beginning of the quarter in March

3)  The Anniversary Issue

4)  The Golden nine and the  Silver ten 

The Golden Nine and  Silver Ten  are the most important in the year.

Because people are changing from their summer clothing to autumn and winter clothing.  Therefore the demand for customer orders will greatly increase.  Making it an important node for Brand Revenue.  The best time to promote the Brand's New Season Image.

Therefore, Golden Nine and  Silver Ten  are the most intuitive embodiment of celebrity status and commercial value.

As a newcomer, Deng Wei won the two most important months as soon as he entered the game.  Very impressive !  

Not only that!  He was wearing "Dior" in his inaugural magazine - Madam Figaro Hommes.

As though this is not enough, Deng Wei also open the year - 2024 in Harper's Bazaar Men.

I wonder now.  Which magazine will he be gracing for the March-Quarter?   And the Anniversary Issue ??  :lol:

Let us wait in anticipation alright ? 

How Deng Wei was scolded as a top-notch person step by step from "ancient idol boy" to "resource guy"

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0106%2F06570d01j00s6tt69002qd000u0016tp.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

(Posted on:  Monday, 8 January 2024)

Deng Wei :   Weibo Night 2024 

The sunny and handsome Deng Wei is coming to Weibo Night on 13 January 2024.  Are you ready?

We can finally see him this time.  Everyone is looking forward to his First Red Carpet Debut!

This First Picture right below here is a "Fan Fic".   I mean the "Hair". :lol:

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0108%2Ff755c826j00s6xf0q001jd000hs00udp.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0108%2Ff70db84dj00s6xf49001od000u000o0p.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0108%2Ff6eebdb9j00s6xf4b001od000zk00mdp.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Spoiler

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0108%2Fe03436d1j00s6xf4c0022d000zk01eup.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

This Picture below is also a  "Fan Fic".  Everyone is looking forward to  "Yao-Jing" getting together and reconnecting.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0108%2F360c31a5j00s6xf69002ad000zk018wp.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

22 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Deng Wei :   Weibo Night  

"Diamonds" are hoping that he will be the Weibo King.   It would be nice if it happens.  

I remember before last year it was open voting solely,  and Xiao Zhan and Yang Zi were winning constantly for a number of years bcs of their fanbase size. Last year the rules were changed, and it was declared that the results will be a combination of open vote and sponsors' vote (if I'm not mistaken). As a result, they got new winners of the king and queen titles. So to get the title I guess you now need not only a huge fanbase, but get sponsors on your side as well. IMO so far pretty sure Bai Lu will be the Queen. But I'm not sure re the King. My guess is - they would rather prefer to play it safe with a more well-known and "established" actor. Don't get me wrong, I'm  just trying to analize it without my emotions involved. It would be nice to be wrong though :).

However, in general I hope he will get an award. Just not sure exactly which one. 

Overall it would be great to see him on red carpet ).

• Love 1

56 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

I remember before last year it was open voting solely,  and Xiao Zhan and Yang Zi were winning constantly for a number of years bcs of their fanbase size. Last year the rules were changed, and it was declared that the results will be a combination of open vote and sponsors' vote (if I'm not mistaken). As a result, they got new winners of the king and queen titles. So to get the title I guess you now need not only a huge fanbase, but get sponsors on your side as well. IMO so far pretty sure Bai Lu will be the Queen. But I'm not sure re the King. My guess is - they would rather prefer to play it safe with a more well-known and "established" actor. Don't get me wrong, I'm  just trying to analize it without my emotions involved. It would be nice to be wrong though :).

However, in general I hope he will get an award. Just not sure exactly which one. 

Overall it would be great to see him on red carpet ).

I think so too. Besides I'd really want him to "earn" it...work for it. His Diamonds are amazing...true. But I'd prefer his works speak for him. 

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

This Picture below is also a  "Fan Fic".  Everyone is looking forward to  "Yao-Jing" getting together and reconnecting.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2024%2F0108%2F360c31a5j00s6xf69002ad000zk018wp.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

I love love love them lol. I want to see their interactions. That's if she'll be there....