Kim-Hyung-Mook.jpeg

Kim-Jin-Woo.jpeg

Ha-Seung-Ri.jpeg

Chae-Won-Bin.jpeg

Teasers/Trailers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 3

Lee Sang Yeob Is A Sports Agent With No Integrity In Upcoming Drama

Jul 5, 2023

Upcoming drama “Pure Boxer” (literal title) has shared a new glimpse of Lee Sang Yeob’s character!

“Pure Boxer” is a sports drama based on the novel “Pure Boxer Lee Kwon Sook” written by Choo Jong Nam, the winner of the second Kyobo Bookstore Story Contest. It tells the story of genius boxer Lee Kwon Sook and a cold-blooded agent who doesn’t feel guilty about match-fixing for money and the success of his athletes.

Lee Sang Yeob plays the role of Kim Tae Young, an S&P Sports agent who coaxes talented athletes to sign with him and then retires them in a short period of time after working them to the bone. Kim Tae Young reaches a turning point in his life when he approaches Lee Kwon Sook (Kim So Hye), who disappeared three years ago, for top pitcher Kim Hee Won.

The newly released stills depict Kim Tae Young, an S&P Sports agent, who is full of expediency, tricks, bribery, and flattery. Whether dressed in a baseball jacket, sweats, or sophisticated casual, Kim Tae Young draws attention with his chic aura. He also wears a variety of emotions on his face, raising viewers’ expectations for the character of Kim Tae Young.

lee-sang-yeob.jpeg

lee-sang-yeob-3.jpeg

Spoiler

lee-sang-yeob-2.jpeg

The production team of “Pure Boxer” shared, “Lee Sang Yeob showed a professional image from the very first shoot, completely immersing himself in the role of Kim Tae Young with great enthusiasm. Through ‘Pure Boxer,’ viewers will be able to see a diverse array of Lee Sang Yeob’s charms that they have never seen before. Look forward to his performance as he delicately unravels the narrative of Kim Tae Young’s character.”

“Pure Boxer” is set to premiere in August.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1598569wpp/lee-sang-yeob-is-a-sports-agent-with-no-integrity-in-upcoming-drama

Kim So Hye And Lee Sang Yeob Get Entangled With Each Other In Upcoming Boxing Drama “My Lovely Boxer”

Jul 17, 2023
by S. Kim

KBS2’s “My Lovely Boxer” has unveiled a new poster!

“My Lovely Boxer” is a sports drama based on the novel “My Lovely Boxer Lee Kwon Sook” written by Choo Jong Nam, the winner of the second Kyobo Bookstore Story Contest. It is a story about genius boxer Lee Kwon Sook (Kim So Hye) and a cold-blooded agent Kim Tae Young (Lee Sang Yeob) who doesn’t feel guilty of match-fixing for money and the success of his athletes.

In the newly released poster, Lee Kwon Sook and Kim Tae Young sit side by side on the ring while staring ahead. Curiosity is raised as to whether genius boxer Lee Kwon Sook, who wishes to part ways with boxing, will accept agent Kim Tae Young’s secretive proposal.

My-Lovely-Boxer.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601072wpp/kim-so-hye-and-lee-sang-yeob-get-entangled-with-each-other-in-upcoming-boxing-drama-my-lovely-boxer

• Like 3

Watch: Lee Sang Yeob And Kim So Hye Aim For Victory Together In “My Lovely Boxer” Teaser And PosterWatch: Lee Sang Yeob And Kim So Hye Aim For Victory Together In “My Lovely Boxer” Teaser And Poster

Jul 24, 2023
by S. Nam

“My Lovely Boxer” has unveiled a new poster and teaser!

“My Lovely Boxer” is a sports drama based on the novel “My Lovely Boxer Lee Kwon Sook” written by Choo Jong Nam, the winner of the second Kyobo Bookstore Story Contest. It is a story about genius boxer Lee Kwon Sook (Kim So Hye) and a cold-blooded agent Kim Tae Young (Lee Sang Yeob) who doesn’t feel guilty of match-fixing for money and the success of his athletes.

On July 24, “My Lovely Boxer” dropped a new main poster featuring the boxing ring and stadium along with the main characters Kim Tae Young, Lee Kwon Sook, Kim Oh Bok (Park Ji Hwan), Lee Cheol Young (Kim Hyung Mook), Han Jae Min (WINNER’s Kim Jin Woo), Jung Soo Yeon (Ha Seung Ri), and Han Ah Reum (Chae Won Bin).

The retro vibe of the poster is reminiscent of old leaflets advertising boxing matches in the past. In the poster, sports agent Kim Tae Young captivates with his confident and charismatic gaze as well as his cold smile as a character who jumps into the world of match fixing in order to save pitcher Kim Hee Won. The center of the poster highlights Lee Kwon Sook, who stands out in her red sports uniform with her taped fists up and ready for a match.

Furthermore, there is match-fixer Kim Oh Bok who adds tension with his frigid gaze as he faces off against Kim Tae Young. In the background, Lee Kwon Sook’s father and boxing mentor Lee Chul Yong appears to be howling, conveying his thirst for victory.

Han Jae Min, the vice principal of the preschool where Lee Kwon Sook works as an assistant teacher, charms with his sweet smile, while sports agent Jung Soo Yeon from About Sports impresses with her charisma. Han Ah Reum, who is the world boxing champion and idol of the boxing world, exudes great confidence and determination.

My-Lovely-Boxer-1-1.jpeg

In addition to the poster, the newly released teaser creates a tense atmosphere as Lee Kwon Sook, who was hiding from the public, is hounded by reporters and flashing camera lights. Lee Kwon Sook further raises her voice angrily as Kim Tae Young suggests a dangerous retirement game. Recalling her painful past, Lee Kwon Sook resolves to never return to the ring.

Lee Kwon Sook cries out, “Do you know how I’ve lived? Do you know why I went into hiding?” However, Kim Tae Young remains calm as he reaches out, saying, “So let’s run away together. From the ring,” making an intriguing suggestion and raising anticipation for what story awaits the duo.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602574wpp/watch-lee-sang-yeob-and-kim-so-hye-aim-for-victory-together-in-my-lovely-boxer-teaser-and-poster

• Like 3

Kim So Hye Talks About Training To Play A Boxer In Her Upcoming Drama With Lee Sang Yeob

Jul 26, 2023
by E. Cha

Kim So Hye has shared her thoughts on her upcoming drama “My Lovely Boxer”!

Based on the award-winning novel of the same name, “My Lovely Boxer” is a new drama about a genius boxer named Lee Kwon Sook (Kim So Hye) and a cold-blooded sports agent named Kim Tae Young (Lee Sang Yeob), who doesn’t feel guilty about match fixing or resorting to any means necessary for the success of his athletes.

Former I.O.I member Kim So Hye will star in the drama as Lee Kwon Sook, a prodigy who emerged as a boxing star at the age of 17 before suddenly disappearing from the sports world entirely. When Kim Tae Young manages to track her down, she is living a new life as a teacher at a small kindergarten—but she winds up facing an unexpected turning point in her life due to the agent’s arrival.

Kim-So-Hye-2.jpg

Kim So Hye Talks About Training To Play A Boxer In Her Upcoming Drama With Lee Sang Yeob
Drama Preview
Jul 26, 2023
by E. Cha

Kim So Hye has shared her thoughts on her upcoming drama “My Lovely Boxer”!

Based on the award-winning novel of the same name, “My Lovely Boxer” is a new drama about a genius boxer named Lee Kwon Sook (Kim So Hye) and a cold-blooded sports agent named Kim Tae Young (Lee Sang Yeob), who doesn’t feel guilty about match fixing or resorting to any means necessary for the success of his athletes.

Former I.O.I member Kim So Hye will star in the drama as Lee Kwon Sook, a prodigy who emerged as a boxing star at the age of 17 before suddenly disappearing from the sports world entirely. When Kim Tae Young manages to track her down, she is living a new life as a teacher at a small kindergarten—but she winds up facing an unexpected turning point in her life due to the agent’s arrival.

Kim-So-Hye-3.jpg

In order to convincingly play the role of Lee Kwon Sook, Kim So Hye underwent high-intensity boxing training for three months. However, she confessed to feeling unsatisfied with her own skills towards the beginning of filming, recalling, “I filmed the drama while learning how to box, and I felt a lot of pressure at the beginning about having to pull it off within a given period of time. My skills weren’t as good as I’d have liked, so there were many times when I came up against a wall due to my own limits.”

By the time she filmed her final match scene, though, Kim So Hye was able to notice her own improvement. She proudly remarked, “I hope that you’ll keep an eye on my gradual journey of growth alongside Kwon Sook.”

Kim-So-Hye-4.jpg

As for what else viewers should keep an eye on in the drama, Kim So Hye noted, “All the characters in the drama are really charming. I hope you’ll empathize with each and every one of their stories and join them on their journey of growth.”

She went on to share, “I really gained a lot of strength while reading the original novel, and I wanted to convey the strength I’d gained to the viewers who watch the drama ‘My Lovely Boxer.’ Please show lots of interest and warm support for ‘My Lovely Boxer,’ which will premiere on August 21.”

“My Lovely Boxer” will air its first episode on August 21 at 9:45 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602953wpp/kim-so-hye-talks-about-training-to-play-a-boxer-in-her-upcoming-drama-with-lee-sang-yeob

• Like 3

20230710101810_pure-boxer-900%C3%97600.jKim So Hye Is A Boxing Star In Posters For Upcoming Sports Drama With Lee Sang Yeob

Jul 11, 2023

Upcoming drama “Pure Boxer” (literal translation) has shared two new posters!

“Pure Boxer” is a sports drama based on the novel “Pure Boxer Lee Kwon Sook” by Choo Jong Nam, the winner of the second Kyobo Bookstore Story Contest. It tells the story of genius boxer Lee Kwon Sook and a cold-blooded agent named Kim Tae Young (Lee Sang Yeob), who doesn’t feel guilty about match-fixing for money and the success of his athletes.

Kim So Hye stars as Lee Kwon Sook, a genius boxer who emerged as a boxing star at the age of 17. After disappearing right before achieving the Grand Slam, Lee Kwon Sook was living a new life, but when she meets the evil agent Kim Tae Young, she faces a new turning point.

The newly released posters show the traces of Lee Kwon Sook’s past as a boxing star. The first poster features Lee Kwon Sook’s boxing supplies, including red boxing gloves, skipping rope, and punching mitts, as well as a gold medal and a half-eaten donut.

poster-pure-boxer.jpg

Another poster captures Lee Kwon Sook wearing boxing shoes and a tracksuit, with a loosened boxing hand wrap on one of her hands.

The poster piques viewers’ curiosity about what might have happened to Lee Kwon Sook with its mysterious caption, “Where did the genius boxer disappear to?” Viewers are eagerly waiting to find out what happened to boxing star Lee Kwon Sook and why sports agent Kim Tae Young goes looking for her after she disappeared.

pure-boxer-1.jpg

“Pure Boxer” premieres on August 21 at 9:45 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599571wpp/kim-so-hye-is-a-boxing-star-in-poster-for-upcoming-sports-drama

• Like 3

WINNER’s Kim Jin Woo Transforms Into A Preschool Vice Principal With Contrasting Charms In “My Lovely Boxer”

Jul 18, 2023
by S. Nam

KBS2’s “My Lovely Boxer” has revealed new stills of WINNER’s Kim Jin Woo!

Kim Jin Woo will be taking on the role of a preschool vice principal Han Jae Min who is a handsome man with many hobbies. With his silver tongue and good looking appearance, he is in charge of promoting the preschool, but Han Jae Min is actually quite disliked by the other teachers for his brazen and indifferent attitude.

Not having gained anything on his own, the immature Han Jae Min slowly begins to open his eyes to a new world after meeting genius boxer Lee Kwon Sook.

The newly released stills capture Kim Jin Woo’s transformation into Han Jae Min, highlighting one of his many hobbies. In one of the photos, Kim Jin Woo pushes back his hair after riding his motorcycle to work. He further showcases his dual nature, smiling gently with a playful facial expression in one image while also showing a very cold gaze in a different photo.

Kim-Jin-Woo-5.jpeg

Kim-Jin-Woo-6.jpeg

Kim-Jin-Woo-8.jpeg

The production team shared, “With perfect character research, Kim Jin Woo expressed the charms of Han Jae Min, who constantly changes from time to time, in his own style from the first filming. Please check through ‘My Lovely Boxer’ as Kim Jin Woo adds his own colors to the character of Han Jae Min, who goes back and forth from being affectionate and cold.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601343wpp/winners-kim-jin-woo-transforms-into-a-preschool-vice-principal-with-contrasting-charms-in-my-lovely-boxer

• Like 2

20230716102345_Kim-So-Hye.jpg?s=900x600&

Watch: Kim So Hye’s Return To The Ring Is Highly Anticipated By Korea’s Boxing Legends In “My Lovely Boxer” Teaser

Jul 16, 2023
by S. Nam

KBS2’s “My Lovely Boxer” has unveiled a new teaser!

“My Lovely Boxer” is a sports drama based on the novel “My Lovely Boxer Lee Kwon Sook” written by Choo Jong Nam, the winner of the second Kyobo Bookstore Story Contest. It is a story about genius boxer Lee Kwon Sook (Kim So Hye) and a cold-blooded agent who doesn’t feel guilty of match-fixing for money and the success of his athletes.

Kim So Hye stars as Lee Kwon Sook, a genius boxer who emerged as a boxing star at the age of 17. Lee Kwon Sook, who disappeared right before achieving the Grand Slam, was living a new life, but when she meets the evil agent Kim Tae Young (Lee Sang Yeob), she faces a new turning point.

Ahead of the drama’s premiere, “My Lovely Boxer” unveiled a new documentary style teaser that stars South Korea’s legendary boxers Park Chong Pal, Yuh Myung Woo, and Chang Jung Koo as well as Shin Bomirae, one of the current faces of women’s boxing in Korea.

The real-life legends take turns praising genius boxer Lee Kwon Sook. Park Chong Pal remarks, “She’s an excellent athlete.” Yuh Myung Woo wonders, “Will there ever be another player like her from Korea?” and Chang Jung Koo appears to answer, “I don’t think so. We just know. Because we’ve boxed before.” Finally, Shin Bomirae comments, “I don’t understand why an athlete such as her left the ring,” and the athletes all express their desires to see Lee Kwon Sook return to the ring.

As the teaser shows a brief clip of Lee Kwon Sook’s fierce competition in the ring, cheers from the audience ring out, making viewers wonder if Lee Kwon Sook will ever return to the ring again.

The production team expressed their gratitude to Park Chong Pal, Yuh Myung Woo, Chang Jung Koo, and Shin Bomirae for starring in the teaser, and they shared, “Please show lots of interest and anticipation for whether genius boxer Lee Kwon Sook, who even champions want to see again, will be able to return to the ring and what the real reason she gave up boxing is.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600879wpp/watch-kim-so-hyes-return-to-the-ring-is-highly-anticipated-by-koreas-boxing-legends-in-my-lovely-boxer-teaser

• Like 3

20230727081729_My-Lovely-Boxer-teaser.jpWatch: Lee Sang Yeob And Kim So Hye Find Something They Need In Each Other In “My Lovely Boxer” Teaser

Jul 27, 2023
by S. Kim

“My Lovely Boxer” has unveiled a teaser!

“My Lovely Boxer” is a sports drama based on the novel “My Lovely Boxer Lee Kwon Sook” written by Choo Jong Nam, the winner of the second Kyobo Bookstore Story Contest. It is a story about genius boxer Lee Kwon Sook (Kim So Hye) and a cold-blooded agent Kim Tae Young (Lee Sang Yeob) who doesn’t feel guilty of match-fixing for money and the success of his athletes.

The newly released teaser kicks off with a personal confession by Lee Kwon Sook. Kwon Sook asks Tae Young, “Can I really tell you anything?” then confesses, “I’m scared of boxing.” On the other hand, match fixer Kim Oh Bok (Park Ji Hwan) tries to seduce Tae Young into the world of match-fixing, saying, “Match-fixing is best for sports that are out of the public’s sight such as boxing.”

Kwon Sook, who was once determined about quitting boxing, tells Tae Young, “I’m going to trust you. If you betray me, I will kill you with my own hands,” hinting at her return to the ring.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603314wpp/watch-lee-sang-yeob-and-kim-so-hye-find-something-they-need-in-each-other-in-my-lovely-boxer-teaser

• Like 3

Watch: Kim So Hye Is A Boxing Prodigy Who Disappeared Without A Trace In Upcoming Sports Drama

Jul 6, 2023

KBS2’s upcoming drama “Pure Boxer” (literal title) has shared stills of Kim So Hye!

“Pure Boxer” is a sports drama based on the novel “Pure Boxer Lee Kwon Sook” written by Choo Jong Nam, the winner of the second Kyobo Bookstore Story Contest. It is a story about genius boxer Lee Kwon Sook (Kim So Hye) and a cold-blooded agent who doesn’t feel guilty of match-fixing for money and the success of his athletes.

Kim So Hye stars as Lee Kwon Sook, a genius boxer who emerged as a boxing star at the age of 17. Lee Kwon Sook, who disappeared right before achieving the Grand Slam, was living a new life, but when she meets the evil agent Kim Tae Young (Lee Sang Yeob), she faces a new turning point.

The released stills show Lee Kwon Sook as an athlete and also her current life as a preschool teacher.

With a fierce facial expression and eyes, Kim So Hye perfectly transforms into Lee Kwon Sook, a genius boxer with a nuclear bomb for a fist and a bold fighting spirit.

kim-so-hye.jpeg

kim-so-hye-2.jpeg

Another still depicts Lee Kwon Sook as a preschool teacher. She is dressed in a simple modified hanbok and smiling gently at the preschoolers. Viewers are curious about the reason why Lee Kwon Sook, a genius boxer, ended up living as a preschool teacher.

kim-so-hye-3.jpeg

The production team of ‘Pure Boxer’ commented, “Kim So Hye was Lee Kwon Sook, a boxing star who ran fiercely toward the top, from the first filming. Kim So Hye devoted a long time to exercise and boxing training for the character of Lee Kwon Sook and has made extraordinary efforts. You can look forward to Kim So Hye’s ever-changing portrayal of the complex and nuanced emotions of Lee Kwon Sook, a genius boxer who disappeared in an instant.”

A newly released teaser also features a news snippet reporting on the disappearance of boxer Lee Kwon Sook, who went missing right before an important match.

teaser 1

Another teaser has Lee Kwon Sook narrating, “I’m afraid of boxing, but I will come back after winning today.”

teaser 2

https://www.soompi.com/article/1598582wpp/watch-kim-so-hye-is-a-boxing-prodigy-who-disappeared-without-a-trace-in-upcoming-sports-drama

• Like 3

Kim So-hye returns to the ring in My Lovely Boxer

by tccolb

A new teaser has dropped for KBS’s upcoming sports drama My Lovely Boxer, finally revealing a little more backstory and the hope of growth for our callous sports agent Lee Sang-yub (Eve) and boxing legend Kim So-hye (How to Buy a Friend).

Beginning in the past, the teaser opens with our heroine Lee Kwon-sook (Kim So-hye) having a heart-to-heart with Dad – who is also her coach – asking if she can really be honest. He gives her the go ahead and Kwon-sook admits that boxing scares her.

In the sequence that follows, we see how tough Dad was in training Kwon-sook – with Mom often mediating in between. We then get a suspicious cutaway to sports gambling operator Kim Oh-bok – played by Park Ji-hwan (Our Blues) – who talks about the trickiness of rigging a match.

When we cut back to Kwon-sook, and we’re not shown what happened exactly, but she’s sadly sitting at Mom’s funeral. Kwon-sook declares that Mom died because of boxing and is determined to never practice the sport again. Our desperate hero Kim Tae-young (Lee Sang-yub) pleads that it’ll only be for three months and promises to disappear from Kwon-sook’s life after the tournament.

In the appearing text screens we read: “A boxing prodigy who is scared of boxing meets a dicey agent.” Meeting with Tae-young, Oh-bok asks if he can really pull it off in just three months. But just in case he didn’t know it was a threat, Tae-young is told that the chairman isn’t a patient man.

As is the K-drama way, our leads have a fun outing at the beach and Kwon-sook finds herself warming up to Tae-young. Feeling hopeful, she tells him, “My mom used to say that when you desperately want something, you’ll meet someone who’ll help make it come true. I’ve decided to try trusting you. If you betray me, you’ll die by my hands.”

But Tae-young looks conflicted and his worries grow after witnessing a kiss between Kwon-sook and her first love Kim Jin-woo (Love for a Thousand More). Mirroring her past conversation with Dad, Tae-young reassures Kwon-sook that she can tell him anything. The teaser then ends on Kwon-sook’s confession that, “Boxing scares me… Still, I’ll win today’s match.”

Directed by PD Choi Sang-yeol (Let Me Hear Your Song) with scripts by Kim Min-joo (Let Me Hear Your Song), the match begins for KBS’s My Lovely Boxer on August 21 in the Monday-Tuesday slot.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/kim-so-hye-returns-to-the-ring-in-my-lovely-boxer/

by Lily Alice, July 21, 2023
9 0

My Lovely Boxer, Kwon Sook unveils second teaser. 

My Lovely Boxer, Kwon Sook is based on the novel "Sunjeongbokseo Ikwonsuk" by Choo Jong Nam, which won second prize at the Kyobo Book Centre Story Contest. The story revolves around the legendary boxer Lee Kwon Sook (Kim So Hye) and a cold-blooded sports agent, Kim Tae Young (Lee Sang Yeob).

Kim So Hye plays the character of Lee Kwon Sook, who earned the title of boxing star at 17. But she disappeared before a championship title match, got a new identity as a kindergarten teacher, and now crosses paths with Kim Tae Young. 

The teaser opens with Kim Tae Young saying, "Park Se Ri, Kim Yuna, and other genius athletes born in Korea. Among them, I believe Lee Kwon Sook is the best", and the accompanying scenes feature real-life sports legends like Lee Bong Ju, Son Heung Min, and Kim Yeon Koung.

The teaser particularly highlights the story of Lee Kwon Sook, the genius boxer who disappeared from the ring. 

In the next scene, Kwon Sook, who lived in disguise as a kindergarten assistant teacher, shows a mix of flusters and tension under the glare of journalists' camera flashes, and gets angry towards Tae Young when he proposes a dangerous retirement match.

Memories of Kwon Sook's past, when she endured harsh training under her father, Lee Cheol Yong (Kim Hyung Mook), resurface, and she tearfully declares that she will never return to the ring even if she dies. 

Tae Young's gaze foreshadows the intense challenges ahead. In the following scene, Kwon Sook questions Tae Young, "What do you gain from doing that?" to which he responds, "It's my life".

Kwon Sook then emotionally asks Tae Young, "Do you know how I lived? Do you know why I hid?" following that, he proposes a suggestion, "So, let's run away together. In the ring", adding to the suspense. 

Kwon Sook's emotional outburst, as she finally releases the pent-up pain amidst the pouring rain, leaves a heartrending impression of the lonely and challenging life of the genius boxer.

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-sang-yeob-is-determined-to-bring-kim-so-hye-back-in-the-ring-in-my-lovely-boxer-kwon-sook

• Like 3

by Hazel Jung, July 21, 2023

wJAK7n_2f.jpg

KBS2's new Monday-Tuesday drama My Lovely Boxer is based on the novel "My Lovely Boxer" by author Choo Jong Nam, which won the 2nd Kyobo Bookstore Story Contest. The drama revolves around the life of the genius boxer Lee Kwon Sook, who disappeared, and the cold-blooded agent Kim Tae Young as they embark on a journey to escape from the world of rigged matches.

In the drama, Lee Sang Yeob transforms into the ruthless agent Kim Tae Young, who jumps into the world of rigged matches to support the top pitcher Kim Hee Won, who is like a brother to him. Regarding his decision to take on the role in My Lovely Boxer, Lee Sang Yeob said, "It's my first time trying this genre, and the script dealing with rigged matches was fresh. I recalled the moment I first encountered the work."

He expressed extraordinary affection for the character, stating, "He is the coldest character I've portrayed so far, but also the most intense and suffering one. Tae Young is an incredibly tough and strong person. I was both surprised and impressed while watching Tae Young's actions."

RB0Zyo_2f.jpg

In My Lovely Boxer, Lee Sang Yeob wanted to convey emotions solely through his eyes, saying, "I wanted to express the feelings that can be perceived just through facial expressions and natural tone, rather than dramatic gestures and speech, to raise anticipation among the viewers."

Praising his co-star Kim So Hye, who shares great chemistry on-screen, Lee Sang Yeob said, "I could feel a strong sense of solidarity every time we acted together. Boxing scenes must have been physically demanding, but she was always bright and energetic, earning my admiration. I relied on and looked forward to acting with actress Kim So Hye."

Defining My Lovely Boxer with three keywords, Lee Sang Yeob chose "urgency," "purity," and "sincerity." He also expressed his complete trust in the production team, saying, "My Lovely Boxer is a work that perfectly embodies Director Choi Sang Yeol's sensibility. It's a work that won't be embarrassing no matter where it's presented."

Lastly, Lee Sang Yeob expressed his hope for viewers to tune in, saying, "I hope you watch the challenging journey of sports agent Kim Tae Young and genius boxer Lee Gwon Suk as they face hardships and see whether things unfold according to their desires and wishes."

• Like 3

July 27 2023

Teaser trailer 3 for KBS2 drama “My Lovely Boxer”

My_Lovely_Boxer-teaser3SI01.jpeg

Teaser trailer 3 added for KBS2 drama series “My Lovely Boxer” starring Lee Sang-Yeob & Kim So-Hye. Teaser trailer 3 begins with Kim So-Hye as Lee Kwon-Sook stating “Can I say something? I’m scared of boxing.” Captions on the teaser trailer states (0:17) “Genius boxer who is afraid of boxing” and
(0:23) “Meets a dangerous agent.”

“My Lovely Boxer” first airs August 21, 2023 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki; Kim Tae-Young (Lee Sang-Yeob) is a cold-blooded sports agent. He draws talented players into the sports field and makes as much money from them in a short period of time, before they burn out. One of his clients is Kim Hee-Won. He is an excellent baseball pitcher and, unlike his other clients, he also means something to Kim Tae-Young. For Kim Hee-Won, who is in a difficult situation, Kim Tae-Young receives a task to bring female boxer Lee Kwon-Sook (Kim So-Hye) back to the boxing ring. 3 years ago, Lee Kwon-Sook emerged as an elite boxer at the age of 17. She was undefeated in all of her matches and she brought popularity to the sport. Suddenly, Lee Kwon-Sook disappeared. For Kim Hee-Won, Kim Tae-Young approaches Lee Kwon-Sook, who has started a new life away from boxing.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-for-kbs2-drama-my-lovely-boxer

• Like 2

by Hazel Jung, July 26, 2023

E57gAp_2f.jpg

KBS2's new Monday-Tuesday drama My Lovely Boxer (written by Kim Min Joo, directed by Choi Sang Yeol, Hong Eun Mi) revealed thrilling stills of the tense confrontation between the cold-blooded sports agent Lee Sang Yeob and the absolute villain manipulator Park Ji Hwan on the 26th.

BdjgX1_2f.jpg

In the released stills, S&P Sports Agent Kim Tae Young (played by Lee Sang Yeob), who selects talented players and forces them into retirement, faces off against the strongest villain Kim Oh Bok (played by Park Ji Hwan).

After discovering that Oh Bok has involved superstar pitcher Kim Hee Won (played by Choi Jae Woong), who is like a brother to him, in a match-fixing scheme, Tae Young cannot contain his anger, and Oh Bok responds with a ruthless expression, hinting at an icy confrontation.

Their gazes and close confrontation create an electrifying showdown that heightens the tension to its peak. The reason behind Tae Young and Oh Bok's clash and the explosive situation from their first encounter raise curiosity among prospective viewers.

The production team of My Lovely Boxer praised the perfectly harmonized performances of Lee Sang Yeob and Park Ji Hwan, who brought their characters Kim Tae Young and Kim Oh Bok to life. They also expressed their anticipation for the dynamic development of the story involving match-fixing and the confrontational relationship between the two characters that will take responsibility for driving the drama's tension.

My Lovely Boxer is a drama based on the novel 'My Lovely Boxer' by writer Choo Jong Nam, which won the second place in the Kyobo Bookstore Story Contest. The drama depicts the story of a vanished genius boxer, Lee Gwon Sook, and the cold-blooded agent Kim Tae Young as they embark on a journey to escape from the world of match-fixing.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-lovely-boxer-lee-sang-yeob-vs-park-ji-hwan-s-intense-showdown-captivating-confrontation-scene

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, July 27, 2023
3 1

KBS 2TV's upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama My Lovely Boxer released its third teaser.

My Lovely Boxer is based on the novel "Sunjeongbokseo Ikwonsuk" by Choo Jong Nam, which won second prize at the Kyobo Book Centre Story Contest. The story revolves around the legendary boxer Lee Kwon Sook (Kim So Hye) and a cold-blooded sports agent, Kim Tae Young (Lee Sang Yeob).

The teaser video begins with a confession from the disappeared boxing genius, Lee Kwon Sook (Kim So Hye), who disappeared prior to her Grand Slam match.

The teaser portrays intense scenes from Lee Kwon Sook's past as a determined boxer who rose to fame after defeating the legendary Estomata at a young age. It also delves into her strained relationship with her father, Lee Cheol Yong (Kim Hyung Mook), who pushed her hard with ruthless training, leading to a fractured father-daughter bond.

In the meantime, match fixer Kim Oh Bok (Park Ji Hwan) entices Kim Tae Young into the world of match-fixing, whispering, "Match-fixing, like boxing, remains unnoticed by the public, making it an ideal sport". His devilish whisper foreshadows the spectacular events to come.

Tae Young, who is determined to convince Kwon Sook not to quit boxing, perseveres and succeeds in changing her mind.

Although Kwon Sook has vowed to leave boxing behind forever, she returns and says, "I'll trust you, ajusshi (mister). But if you betray me, death will be in my hands".

Towards the conclusion of the teaser, Tae Young promises to listen to whatever Kwon Sook says, and she responds with determination, "I'll win today", making a promise of victory. The teaser amplifies expectations for their journey to break free from match-fixing and leaves viewers eager to witness whether they can achieve success.

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-sang-yeob-succeeds-in-bringing-kim-so-hye-back-in-the-ring-in-my-lovely-boxer

• Like 2

9 hours ago, larus said:

My Lovely Boxer is a drama based on the novel 'My Lovely Boxer' by writer Choo Jong Nam, which won the second place in the Kyobo Bookstore Story Contest. The drama depicts the story of a vanished genius boxer, Lee Gwon Sook, and the cold-blooded agent Kim Tae Young as they embark on a journey to escape from the world of match-fixing.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-lovely-boxer-lee-sang-yeob-vs-park-ji-hwan-s-intense-showdown-captivating-confrontation-scene

I'm curious and looking forwad to watch this. Hoping to see good acting delivery for this because... checking the the teaser...boxing prodigy and  cold blooded sports agent... the feels of drama.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm curious and looking forwad to watch this. Hoping to see good acting delivery for this because... checking the the teaser...boxing prodigy and  cold blooded sports agent... the feels of drama.

I am not watching many dramas lately, but somehow this drama made me curious. Lee Sang Yeob said that his character is the coldest character he has portrayed so far, but also the most intense and suffering one. I am really curious. And I`ve not watched a sport drama in a long time.

• Like 1

Lee Sang Yeob, Kim So Hye, Kim Jin Woo, And More Share Their Unwavering Resolves In “My Lovely Boxer” Posters

Jul 31, 2023
by S. Nam

KBS2’s “My Lovely Boxer” has unveiled new character posters ahead of the premiere!

In the newly released posters, Kim Tae Young sports a black suit as he holds a baseball in his hand with a confident pose and gaze. The text on his poster reads, “I will help you. So that you can quit boxing forever!”

Lee-Sang-Yeob-1-.jpeg

Wearing an eye-catching boxing uniform, Lee Kwon Sook tapes her hand with a determined look. Her poster reads, “I’m afraid of boxing. But I will still win today.”

Lee-Kwon-Sook-1.jpeg

Park Ji Hwan takes on the role of match-fixer Kim Oh Bok, creating a dark atmosphere with his chilling smile. The text, “I can endure injustice, but I can’t endure disadvantages,” written across his poster raises suspense for the upcoming story.

Park-Ji-Hwan.jpeg

Kim Hyung Mook plays Lee Cheol Yong, Lee Kwon Sook’s boxing teacher as well as the owner of a seolleongtang (ox bone soup) restaurant, who holds up a pot instead of boxing gloves as if he is ready to throw a punch. His poster reads, “Don’t touch my daughter. I will protect Kwon Sook.”

Spoiler

Kim-Hyung-Mook.jpeg

With a bouquet of flowers, WINNER’s Kim Jin Woo transforms into preschool vice principal Han Chae Min. His poster teases Han Chae Min’s affectionate nature with the text, “Kwon Sook, lean here and cry. You can lean on me.”

Spoiler

Kim-Jin-Woo.jpeg

Ha Seung Ri portrays Kim Tae Young’s ex-girlfriend and sports agent Jung Soo Yeon. The text on her poster reads, “That’s that person’s method. They grab the heart and shake it as they please,” previewing her rival relationship with Kim Tae Young.

Spoiler

Ha-Seung-Ri.jpeg

Chae Won Bin plays world boxing champion and Lee Kwon Sook’s rival Han Ah Reum. The text, “I will never fight with Lee Kwon Sook—since she betrayed boxing,” raises anticipation for her rivalry with Lee Kwon Sook.

Spoiler

Chae-Won-Bin.jpeg

The production team shared, “The character posters of the lead actors that are like magazine covers capture signature lines from ‘My Lovely Boxer,’” asking viewers to stay tuned for the cast’s performance in the upcoming drama.

“My Lovely Boxer” will premiere on August 21 at 9:45 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Heartbeat.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604029wpp/lee-sang-yeob-kim-so-hye-kim-jin-woo-and-more-share-their-unwavering-resolves-in-my-lovely-boxer-posters

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, July 31, 2023
1 1

The upcoming KBS 2TV drama My Lovely Boxer is based on the novel "Sunjeongbokseo Ikwonsuk" by Choo Jong Nam, which won second prize at the Kyobo Book Centre Story Contest. The story revolves around the legendary boxer Lee Kwon Sook (Kim So Hye) and a cold-blooded sports agent, Kim Tae Young (Lee Sang Yeob).

The character posters released on July 31st feature the seven cast members of the drama - Lee Sang YeobKim So HyePark Ji HwanKim Hyung MookKim Jin WooHa Seung Ri, and Chae Won Bin, among others - each showcasing their unique charm.

In a striking black suit, Lee Sang Yeob transforms into the sports agent Kim Tae Young. The accompanying text, "I'll help you. So you can quit boxing forever!" adds to the anticipation surrounding his role.

BdjllR_2f.png

Kim So Hye dons a red boxing uniform, exuding determination as she grips a hand strap. Portraying the once-genius boxer, Lee Kwon Sook, she heightens anticipation with the text, "I'm afraid of boxing. But I'll win today".

XdZRmZ_2f.png

Park Ji Hwan's character poster exudes a noir sentiment. As manipulator Kim Oh Bok, he looks eerie and says, "I can't stand injustice, but I can’t stand the disadvantages", hinting at his role's complexity.

RB0z5Y_2f.png

Kim Hyung Muk, transforming from Lee Kwon Sook's boxing mentor to a noodle soup restaurant owner Lee Cheol Yong, wields a pot instead of boxing gloves. His line, "Don't touch my daughter. I will protect Kwon Sook", captures the character's firm yet protective demeanor.

Spoiler

Bdjlnb_2f.png

Kim Jin Woo, playing the role of the kindergarten's deputy director Han Jae Min, holds a bouquet and says, "Ms. Kwon Sook, lean on me here. You can rely on me", showcasing his affectionate and caring side.

Spoiler

d0zkNA_2f.png

Ha Seung Ri, portraying Kim Tae Young's ex-girlfriend and agent Jung Soo Yeon, exudes a professional demeanor, hinting at rivalry with Lee Sang Yeob's character. She states, "That's just how they do things. Clutching and shaking hearts as they please".

Spoiler

kA7mNd_2f.png

Chae Won Bin, as Han Ah Reum, a boxing champion and rival of Lee Kwon Sook, also exhibits a strong presence. With confidence, she declares, "I'll never fight with Kwon Sook because she betrayed boxing".

Spoiler

QJ0Qkg_2f.png

My Lovely Boxer is scheduled to premiere on August 21st. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-sang-yeob-team-raise-anticipation-with-character-posters-of-my-lovely-boxer

• Like 1

Lee Sang Yeob Is Displeased By Kim So Hye Growing Closer To WINNER’s Kim Jin Woo In “My Lovely Boxer”

Aug 1, 2023
by S. Nam

KBS2’s “My Lovely Boxer” has unveiled new stills ahead of its premiere!

“My Lovely Boxer” is a sports drama based on the novel “My Lovely Boxer Lee Kwon Sook” written by Choo Jong Nam, the winner of the second Kyobo Bookstore Story Contest. It is a story about genius boxer Lee Kwon Sook (Kim So Hye) and a cold-blooded agent Kim Tae Young (Lee Sang Yeob) who doesn’t feel guilty of match-fixing for money and the success of his athletes. WINNER’s Kim Jin Woo stars as Lee Kwon Sook’s first love and preschool vice principal Han Jae Min.

The newly released stills capture the first meeting between Kim Tae Young, Lee Kwon Sook, and Han Jae Min, raising curiosity for their relationship.

Lee Kwon Sook is spending quality time with Han Jae Min when she is surprised by Kim Tae Young’s unexpected appearance, causing her to stare blankly at him. Meanwhile, Kim Tae Young looks sternly at Lee Kwon Sook, who should be training at the gym, and he sends a sharp and wary gaze at Han Jae Min, creating tension.

my-lovely-boxer.jpeg

Furthermore, Jae Min looks dumbfounded by the warning sent by Kim Tae Young, who appears to be displeased by Jae Min bothering Lee Kwon Sook during her training time. Meanwhile, Lee Kwon Sook glares at Kim Tae Young as he bothers her time with her first love Jae Min, creating strange tension between the three.

lee-sang-yeob-1.jpeg

Spoiler

kim-jin-woo-1-.jpeg

The change in the relationship between Jae Min and Kwon Sook raises viewers’ anticipation, especially as a still depicts the two exchanging close eye contact during a date at the gym. However, Tae Young looks on at the two with concern and anxiousness as Kwon Sook and Jae Min become closer, drawing curiosity for their interesting relationship.

Kim-So-Hye-Kim-Jin-Woo.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Sang-Yeob-3.jpeg

The production team shared, “Within an intertwined relationship, Tae Young and Jae Min will face tense opposition over Kwon Sook from the beginning of the story, which will make the drama even more interesting to watch. Please highly anticipate what story will unfold by the characters, whose individualities are highlighted by the actors with solid acting skills.”

“My Lovely Boxer” will premiere on August 21 at 9:45 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Heartbeat.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604410wpp/lee-sang-yeob-is-displeased-by-kim-so-hye-growing-closer-to-winners-kim-jin-woo-in-my-lovely-boxer

• Like 2

News bites: July 31, 2023

by tccolb

optimize

The promos continue for KBS’s My Lovely Boxer, this time releasing character posters of our main cast: Lee Sang-yub (Eve), Kim So-hye (How to Buy a Friend), Park Ji-hwan (Our Blues), and Kim Jin-woo (Love for a Thousand More) among others. Slated to air on August 21, the sports drama is set to follow Heartbeat in the Monday-Tuesday slot. [KBS]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/news-bites-july-31-2023/

• Like 2