[Drama 2023] Castaway Diva, 무인도의 디바

larus

September 22 2023

First teaser trailer for tvN drama “Castaway Diva”

Castaway_Diva-teaser1SM2.jpeg

First teaser trailer added for tvN drama series “Castaway Diva” starring Park Eun-Bin & Chae Jong-Hyeop. The teaser trailer begins with Park Eun-Bin as Seo Mok-Ha introducing herself with “I am Seo Mok-Ha of a deserted island. Today i saw myself in the distant future. I don’t know what’s next. Due to this moment, I feel the meaning of my past 15 futile years of life.”

“Castaway Diva” will first air October, 2023 in South Korea (takes over tvN’s Saturday & Sunday 9:20 PM time slot after “Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramun“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Seo Mok-Ha (Park Eun-Bin) was a bright and positive young girl living on an island. Her dream was to become a singer. Pursuing her dream, she decided to attend an audition that was being held in Seoul. On her way there, she gets stranded on a deserted island. After 15 years, Seo Mok-Ha is rescued from the deserted island. She tries to adjust to an unfamiliar world, while keeping a cheerful attitude, and she still pursues her dream of becoming a diva.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-teaser-trailer-for-tvn-drama-castaway-diva

Teaser English translation

Desert Island Diva’ Park Eun-bin is coming… Aspiring singer rescued after 15 years

938af0da11caa2.jpg

The video, which begins with Seo Mok-ha (played by Park Eun-bin) building an SOS with stones, shows the daily life of Seo Mok-ha, who has been living alone on a remote island for 15 years, with the greeting "I am Seo Mok from an uninhabited island." Although it is a lonely and harsh environment, Seo Mok-ha lives hard every day for the future where he will stand on stage one day, saying, "I am a horse, you should have seen me in the distant future today."

Even though she endures the storm alone and is pushed to the edge of a cliff, Seo Mok-ha still does not give up hope. As the words in the teaser video say, "She has been forgotten for 15 years, but she has not lost her dream is coming," attention is focused on whether Seo Mok-ha will be able to escape from the uninhabited island and achieve her long-time goal. In this way, 'Diva on a Deserted Island' heralds the heart-warming growth period of Seo Mok-ha, who does not give up despite any hardships. In particular, expectations are high on what kind of message of hope Park Eun-bin, who has unrivaled character digestion, will deliver to those trapped on their own uninhabited islands.

https://www.joynews24.com/view/1635745

by Lily Alice, September 22, 2023
9 3

Park Eun Bin's resolute introduction as diva of the desert island heightens anticipation for the upcoming tvN weekend drama, Castaway Diva, written by Park Hye Ryun and directed by Oh Choong Hwan. On September 22, the show's production team released the K-drama's first teaser video.

The teaser opens with a scene of Seo Mok Ha (Park Eun Bin) building an SOS signal with stones. Accompanied by the greeting, "I am Seo Mok Ha of the deserted island", the video offers a glimpse into the daily life of a woman who has been living alone on a secluded island for 15 years. Despite the solitude and harsh conditions, Seo Mok Ha remains undaunted, expressing, "I'm Seo Mok Ha of the deserted island, I've seen myself in a far distant future", and is working hard day by day for the future on stage.

Even if she stands alone against a storm and is driven to the edge of a cliff, Seo Mok Ha never loses hope. 

As the teaser aptly puts it, "She who has been forgotten for 15 years but has never lost her dreams is coming", leaving viewers anticipating whether she will achieve her longstanding aspirations and break free from the deserted island.

Castaway Diva is the story of Seo Mok Ha (Park Eun Bin), who is rescued from a deserted island after mysteriously disappearing 15 years ago. She must now overcome the challenges of the modern society. 

Park Eun Bin will be joined by Kim Hyo Jin (as Yoon Ran Joo), Chae Jong Hyeop (as Kang Bo Geol), Cha Hak Yeon (as Kang Woo Hak), and Kim Joo Heon (as Lee Seo Joon).

Castaway Diva will premiere in October. The release date is yet to be announced. Stay tuned!

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-eun-bin-never-loses-hope-despite-her-dire-circumstances-in-castaway-diva

First teaser of Park Eun-bin as the Castaway Diva

by missvictrix

cast_6.jpg

It’s time to start the official countdown, because the first teaser for tvN’s upcoming rom-com Castaway Diva is here, and promised to us in October. This drama is one of the buzziest titles this year, and expectations (and not just mine!) are through the roof. First announced in December of last year, they knew they were getting Park Eun-bin (Extraordinary Attorney Woo), but they didn’t know they were getting her first post-Daesang drama to boot.

In what sounds like our heroine’s origin story, we’re told that idol wannabe Seo Mok-ha attempted to escape her bad home life and pursue her dream of being a singer, but a storm washed her away to a deserted island. As the text screens then announce: Forgotten for 15 years, she returns!

When Mok-ha is rescued and brought back to civilization, she winds up living with the singer whose music got her through her 15 years of solitude: singer Yoon Ran-joo, played by Kim Hyo-jin (The Good Detective 2). While Mok-ha is fired up to live her life and finally pursue her dreams of the stage, Ran-joo has hit rock bottom — and if that doesn’t make the perfect intersection for a sweet healing story, I don’t know what does.

In the teaser we get a gloriously fun look at our heroine as she’s trying to keep herself alive on the island. Whether it’s stacking SOS stones, fishing for food, or communing with the seagulls, it’s clear our girl’s spirit is unbreakable. In voiceover, Mok-ha tells us, “While I was stranded on a desert island… I saw my future self.” And lo and behold, the weathered face and island vibe eventually give way to a beautiful and glamorous version of Mok-ha on the stage, all set to a diva-esque song which is sung at the top of her lungs. Somehow this is silly, heartwarming, and magical already, and all at once.

Rounding out the cast – and balancing out our two female leads — are Chae Jong-hyeop (Unlock the Boss), Cha Hak-yeon (Joseon Attorney), and Kim Joo-hun (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3). And with PD Oh Chung-hwan and writer Park Hye-ryun teaming up again (as previously with Start Up and While You Were Sleeping), this drama is a classic in the making, and yes you heard that from me.

tvN’s rom-com Castaway Diva premieres in the Saturday-Sunday slot in October after the conclusion of Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramun.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/09/first-teaser-of-park-eun-bin-as-the-castaway-diva/

Park Eun Bin Harbors A Dream Of Becoming A Star In Upcoming Drama “Castaway Diva”

Sep 26, 2023
by S. Kim

tvN’s “Castaway Diva” has unveiled a new poster and stills!

“Castaway Diva” is a romantic comedy following the story of a girl who drifted out onto a deserted island while on her way to Seoul to partake in an audition to become a singer. Director Oh Choong Hwan and writer Park Hye Ryun, who previously worked together on “While You Were Sleeping” and “Start-Up,” will be coming together once again for this new drama.

In addition to Park Eun Bin playing the lead role of Seo Mok Ha, a girl who gets rescued from an uninhabited island after 15 years, the drama further stars Chae Jong HyeopCha Hak YeonKim Hyo Jin, and Kim Joo Heon.

The newly released stills give a glimpse into the daily life and dreams of Seo Mok Ha, who ended up alone in a deserted island through an accident. She hones her lung capacity and strength by swimming in the sea and uses trash that drifted down to the shore as daily necessities.

park-eun-bin-02.jpeg

park-eun-bin-01.jpeg

At first glance, it seems like she has perfectly adapted to life on a deserted island, but Seo Mok Ha harbors a dream of becoming a diva like Yoon Ran Joo (Kim Hyo Jin), a singer she admires. Anticipation is high for the story of Seo Mok Ha.

Spoiler

park-eun-bin-03.jpeg

Seo Mok Ha’s sparkling eyes as well as the text that reads, “A story that will save your dream from drifting away,” in the poster make viewers look forward to whether Seo Mok Ha will be able to become a beacon of hope for people trapped on their own deserted islands.

park-eun-bin-00.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1616234wpp/park-eun-bin-harbors-a-dream-of-becoming-a-star-in-upcoming-drama-castaway-diva

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, September 26, 2023
2 1

We have been given a sneak peek into the intriguing transformation of actress Park Eun Bin through the release of captivating posters and stills from the upcoming tvN drama series Castaway Diva.

Directed by Oh Choong Hwan, this new tvN Saturday-Sunday drama is a captivating tale of Seo Mok Ha (Park Eun Bin), an aspiring singer, who was stranded on a desert island for 15 years before making her way back to civilization. Park Eun Bin, known for her acting prowess, has garnered attention by taking up the role of Seo Mok Ha. 

In the released stills and poster, we catch a glimpse of Seo Mok Ha's dreams and daily life on the island. 

In the stills, Seo Mok Ha has been building her life on the desert island since an accidental shipwreck left her stranded there. She has honed her survival skills by swimming in the sea, building physical strength, and ingeniously repurposing washed-up debris into essential tools for survival. She even showcases her resourcefulness by fashioning torn nets and seashells into wearable accessories, wasting nothing in her determination to survive.

Despite seemingly adapting seamlessly to island life, Seo Mok Ha still clings to her dreams of becoming a diva, much like her admired singer, Yoon Ran Joo (Kim Hyo Jin). Curiosity deepens about why Seo Mok Ha ended up on the desert island and what drives her desire to become a singer.

The "Mok Ha's Dream" poster, with the tagline "The story of rescuing your drifting dreams", and her sparkling eyes make us curious about her future and leave us eager to see how Mok Ha will navigate the journey to achieve her goals. Like a lighthouse by the sea, it is hoped that Seo Mok Ha can be a beacon of hope for those stranded on their respective deserted islands.

E5JNkO_2f.png

Despite seemingly adapting seamlessly to island life, Seo Mok Ha still clings to her dreams of becoming a diva, much like her admired singer, Yoon Ran Joo (Kim Hyo Jin). Curiosity deepens about why Seo Mok Ha ended up on the desert island and what drives her desire to become a singer.

The "Mok Ha's Dream" poster, with the tagline "The story of rescuing your drifting dreams", and her sparkling eyes make us curious about her future and leave us eager to see how Mok Ha will navigate the journey to achieve her goals. Like a lighthouse by the sea, it is hoped that Seo Mok Ha can be a beacon of hope for those stranded on their respective deserted islands.

vq0iYq9Ek3yKkhgsIOvhOV4BXCn8UXnIiRoacpSl

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-eun-bin-stays-determined-to-achieve-her-dreams-in-poster-and-stills-of-castaway-diva

• Like 1

20230927114838_castaway-diva-2.jpg?s=900Park Eun Bin Survives On A Deserted Island In Upcoming Drama “Castaway Diva”

Sep 28, 2023

tvN’s upcoming drama “Castaway Diva” has unveiled a new poster!

“Castaway Diva” is a romantic comedy about a girl who drifted out onto a deserted island while on her way to Seoul for an audition to become a singer. Director Oh Choong Hwan and writer Park Hye Ryun, who previously worked together on “While You Were Sleeping” and “Start-Up,” will be coming together once again for this new drama.

In addition to Park Eun Bin playing the lead role of Seo Mok Ha, a girl who gets rescued from an uninhabited island after 15 years, the drama also stars Chae Jong Hyeop, VIXX’s Cha Hak Yeon (N), Kim Hyo Jin, and Kim Joo Heon.

The newly released poster gives viewers a glimpse of Seo Mok Ha’s life on the deserted island. She lives a busy life, farming potatoes and hunting for food. Seo Mok Ha’s hard work and intense lifestyle are evident in the farming tools made from seashells and wood, the fire pit, the SOS sign, and the huts built on the sandy beach.

However, the poster’s caption, “A surreal drama for those who are tired of reality,” suggests that for Seo Mok Ha, the deserted island is not a place of disaster, but a surreal place where she was able to develop a strong mentality.

After acquiring all kinds of know-how while living on the deserted island for 15 years, Seo Mok Ha’s only wish is to get off the island. It remains to be seen if Seo Mok Ha’s resilience in the face of adversity will shine through as she escapes the deserted island.

castaway-diva-1-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1616589wpp/park-eun-bin-survives-on-a-deserted-island-in-upcoming-drama-castaway-diva

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, September 28, 2023
8 0

The second teaser of Castaway Diva, featuring the leads of the K-drama Park Eun Bin and Kim Hyo Jin, has been released.

The upcoming Saturday-Sunday tvN drama, Castaway Diva (written by Park Hye Ryun and Eun Yeol and directed by Oh Choong Hwan, depicts the captivating tale of Seo Mok Ha (Park Eun Bin), an aspiring singer, who was stranded on a desert island for 15 years before making her way back to civilization. 

Park Eun Bin takes on the role of aspiring singer Seo Mok Ha, and Kim Hyo Jin plays the role of diva Yoon Ran Joo, whom Mok Ha looks up to. On September 28, the production team unveiled the second teaser. 

It commences with showing Seo Mok Ha on a deserted island and her rescue after 15 years. Even in a place where there is hardly anything to survive, Seo Mok Ha perseveres to live and works to make her dream of becoming a star come true. Whereas Yoon Ran Joo (Kim Hyo Jin), who was once a top star, has lost her stardom and has no hope of a bright future. 

The teaser shows Ran Joo standing precariously on the rooftop in the clothes of a hospital patient. 

She says, "When I thought it was all over, you appeared", and Park Eun Bin promises strong support with a fan-like dedication to Ran Joo, saying, "Just trust me and step on the accelerator". The anticipation is high for these two individuals who fear nothing when together and embark on a new chapter of their lives, which might turn their fates around.

tvN's upcoming drama Castaway Diva will premiere on October 28 on Netflix. Watch the latest teaser below

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-eun-bin-is-on-her-way-to-stardom-in-the-new-teaser-for-castaway-diva

• Like 1

News bites: September 27, 2023

by tccolb

castaway-diva-1-1.jpg

New posters have dropped for our Castaway Diva, Park Eun-bin (Extraordinary Attorney Woo), who has been keeping busy on her stranded island and is ready to be finally rescued on October 28. Airing in tvN’s weekend slot, production for the series has PD Oh Chung-hwan (Big Mouth) at the helm with scripts by Park Hye-ryun (Start Up) and Eun Yeol. [News1]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/09/news-bites-september-27-2023/

Park Eun-bin goes from fangirl to friend in Castaway Diva

by tccolb

A cute new teaser has been released for tvN’s upcoming Castaway Diva, giving us another look at our aspiring singer heroine Park Eun-bin (Extraordinary Attorney Woo) and the sisterly friendship she forges with her role model Kim Hyo-jin (The Good Detective 2).

Opening on the deserted island where our resourceful Seo Mok-ha (Park Eun-bin) was stranded for 15 years, we watch as she begins another day with resolve, turning her island lemons into the best lemonade. We then jump to singer Yoon Ran-joo who thinks back to when she faced a different but also difficult isolation in her life.

Ran-joo explains that, “Just when I was thinking if I should end it all, that’s when you [Mok-ha] appeared.” In the sequence, we see the ardent Mok-ha showing genuine concern and being the best spirited fangirl – and friend – that Ran-joo could have asked for.

Hand-in-hand, the two support each other in chasing their dreams anew and the appearing text screens announce that the top optimist Mok-ha and the top sensitive Ran-joo are taking on the challenge of reversing the gears in their lives.

Celebrating with a pajama party and drinks, Mok-ha encourages Ran-joo to push down on the accelerator by leaning on her and the teaser ends our sisterly pair as they declare their victory over their opponents.

Just say Park Eun-bin and I’m already on board, but it’s hard not to get excited with the added bonus of healing friendships and second chances in the story. Now that promos are in full swing, I expect will soon get our peek at co-stars Chae Jong-hyeop (Unlock the Boss), Cha Hak-yeon (Joseon Attorney), and Kim Joo-hun (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3) as well.

In their third project together after While You Were Sleeping and Start Up, production is being led by PD Oh Chung-hwan and writer Park Hye-ryun, who are joined this time by writer Eun Yeol. Slated to air in the weekend slot following Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramun, tvN’s Castaway Diva premieres on October 28.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/09/park-eun-bin-goes-from-fangirl-to-friend-in-castaway-diva/

20230929141023_park-eun-bin-kim-hyo-jin.

Watch: Park Eun Bin Forges An Endearing Womance With Her Idol Kim Hyo Jin In “Castaway Diva” Teaser

Sep 29, 2023
by M. Lim

tvN has released a new teaser for its upcoming drama “Castaway Diva”!

“Castaway Diva” is a romantic comedy about a girl who drifted out onto a deserted island while on her way to Seoul for an audition to become a singer. Director Oh Choong Hwan and writer Park Hye Ryun, who previously worked together on “While You Were Sleeping” and “Start-Up,” will be coming together once again for this new drama.

In addition to Park Eun Bin, the drama also stars Chae Jong Hyeop, VIXX’s Cha Hak Yeon(N), Kim Hyo Jin, and Kim Joo Heon. Park Eun Bin takes on the role of aspiring singer Seo Mok Ha, a girl who gets rescued from an uninhabited island after 15 years, while Kim Hyo Jin plays Yoon Ran Joo, the diva whom Seo Mok Ha admires.

The newly released teaser hints at a friendship between the two that transcends beyond that of a fan and a singer. The teaser video opens with the news of Seo Mok Ha’s rescue after a harrowing 15 years on a deserted island. The following scene contrasts the resilient Mok Ha, who manages to survive on the deserted island surrounded by nothing but trash, with Yoon Ran Joo, who contemplates giving up on life as she stands precariously on the rooftop in a patient’s gown.

When Yoon Ran Joo confides, “You appeared just when I was thinking of ending it all,” Mok Ha assures her with unwavering support, offering a resolute declaration, “Just trust me and step confidently into the spotlight,” showcasing her passionate dedication as a fan.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1616822wpp/watch-park-eun-bin-forges-an-endearing-womance-with-her-idol-kim-hyo-jin-in-castaway-diva-teaser

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, October 5, 2023
6 3

tvN's upcoming Saturday-Sunday drama Castaway Diva released stills of Yoon Ran Joo, played by the veteran actress Kim Hyo Jin

Castaway Diva is a captivating tale of Seo Mok Ha (Park Eun Bin), an aspiring singer, who was stranded on a deserted island for 15 years before, making her way back to civilization. 

In the drama, Yoon Ran Joo is a former diva and top star who was once loved by many for her beauty, talent, and star power. However, she is now a singer whose popularity has dwindled to the point where she can barely get booked for local events. Her once unshakable resolve, which had stood firm in the face of conflicts with broadcasting executives and agency heads, now quivers at the mere mention of her landlord's overdue rent notice.

Xd86qZ_2f.png

jQr6mr_2f.png

E5JLOl_2f.png

The released images show a stark contrast between Yoon Ran Joo's former glory under the spotlight and her current status, piquing curiosity about what might have happened.

Yoon Ran Joo, who had been inactive as a star out of fear of failure, is faced with a new wave in her quiet life when she meets her fan Seo Mok Ha, who has taken Ran Joo as her role model. In particular, as hinted in the previously released teaser, the duo's friendship is expected to be the highlight, and the focus is on whether Yoon Ran Joo, who now has her passionate fan Seo Mok Ha beside her, can restore her former glory.

The K-drama is directed by Oh Choong Hwan, and the screenplay is written by Park Hye Ryun. Apart from Park Eun Bin and Kim Hyo Jin, it also stars Chae Jong HyeopCha Hak YeonKim Joo Heon, and Lee Re

Castaway Diva will premiere on October 28 on Netflix. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-hyo-jin-s-rise-and-fall-as-a-top-star-portrayed-in-stills-from-castaway-diva

October 6 2023

Teaser trailer 3 and teaser poster for tvN drama “Castaway Diva”

Castaway_Diva-tp1.jpeg

Teaser trailer 3 and teaser poster added for tvN drama series “Castaway Diva” starring Park Eun-Bin, Chae Jong-Hyeop, & Cha Hak-Yeon. Caption on the teaser poster states “My dream will shine because of you.” Chae Jong-Hyeop and Cha Hak-Yeon play brothers Kang Bo-Geol & Kang Woo-Hak. One is a variety show PD and the other is a reporter. They become involved with Seo Mok-Ha (Park Eun-Bin) and support her dream of becoming a singer.

“Castaway Diva” will first air October 28, 2023 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Seo Mok-Ha (Park Eun-Bin) was a bright and positive young girl living on an island. Her dream was to become a singer. Pursuing her dream, she decided to attend an audition that was being held in Seoul. On her way there, she gets stranded on a deserted island. After 15 years, Seo Mok-Ha is rescued from the deserted island. She tries to adjust to an unfamiliar world, while keeping a cheerful attitude, and she still pursues her dream of becoming a diva.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-and-teaser-poster-for-tvn-drama-castaway-diva

by Lily Alice, October 6, 2023
1 0

Castaway Diva has unveiled a new poster and a teaser.

Directed by Oh Choong HwanCastaway Diva is the story of Seo Mok Ha (Park Eun Bin), an aspiring singer, who was stranded on a desert island for 15 years before making her way back to civilization. 

In the K-drama, Chae Jong Hyeop plays the role of PD Kang Bo Geol, and Cha Hak Yeon takes on the character of Kang Woo Hak, Bo Geol's older brother and a reporter at YGN. 

The poster shows us Seo Mok Ha, Kang Bo Geol, and Kang Woo Hak enjoying fireworks against the backdrop of the blue sea. The fireworks not only light up the night but also add a touch of spark to the serene ambiance.

The text, "My dream will shine because of you", piques curiosity about their relationship. The poster and the teaser center around the connection between Seo Mok Ha, Kang Bo Geol, and Kang Woo Hak, leaving us anticipating how the trio will shine brightly when together.

lbEhcXoIhS3Jv9nqfLDb5VOagsHVisEIxZ06CD2B

Furthermore, the 3rd teaser highlights a character named Ki Ho from Seo Mok Ha's memories. Seo Mok Ha remembers Ki Ho from 15 years ago, and we see a montage of scenes from the past. Even after 15 years, the boy's memories are fresh in Mok Ha's mind. But, as time has passed, a reunion seems challenging.

As per the message inside the note that says, "If you wish earnestly, it will somehow come true someday", Seo Mok Ha resolves to pursue her goal, with Kang Bo Geol and Kang Woo Hak firmly supporting her in her endeavor. All eyes are on whether Seo Mok Ha can achieve her dream of becoming a singer with the support of the people around her.

Castaway Diva will premiere on October 28 on Netflix. Watch the latest teaser below

https://mydramalist.com/article/chae-jong-hyeop-and-cha-hak-yeon-have-park-eun-bin-s-back-in-the-poster-and-teaser-of-castaway-diva

12+ K-Dramas To Look Forward To In October

Oct 6, 2023
by D. Kim

Get ready, K-drama fans—a big month is ahead! Several highly anticipated dramas are hitting the air in October.

Here are dramas to look out for this month:

“Castaway Diva”

castaway-diva-1-1-1.jpeg

Cast: Park Eun Bin, Kim Hyo Jin, Chae Jong Hyeop, Cha Hak Yeon, Kim Joo Heon, Lee Re, Shin Joo Hyup, etc.

Premiere Date: October 28

Broadcast Details: Saturdays and Sundays at 9:20 p.m. KST on tvN

“Castaway Diva” is a romantic comedy following the story of a girl who drifted out onto a deserted island while on her way to Seoul to partake in an audition to become a singer. Park Eun Bin plays Seo Mok Ha, a girl who gets rescued from an uninhabited island after 15 years.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1616291wpp/12-k-dramas-to-look-forward-to-in-october