[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest Yummy_Kiwi

I really enjoyed watching the series up to

the part Dal Ja left for 2 years without any contact with Tae Bong. I can understand all her reasons for breaking up the relationship. But when you love someone, shouldn't you care about their feelings and be able to compromise? So, in my opinion, Dal Ja should have left for 1 year only and continued to keep in touch with Tae Bong. "Dal Ja's Spring" would have been the best series if the writer had not overlooked this part.

By the way, thank you for starting this thread so we can voice our opinions and thank you to "With S2" for providing the great subs :)

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ovette

^

^

that was one of the debatable issues in this thread too.. i think as what the writer wanted to point out.. destiny is destiny.

DalJa sent only one and the last postcard to TaeBong to let him know that she wants fate to decide on their relationship.

i think i understand why she left even if TaeBong has already confessed his feelings. she did a lot of compromise already. this is a great chance for a workaholic like her. love can wait. if they are for each other.. after how many years, they will still end up together no matter what. :)

glad to hear you on this thread!

If you haven't already made a request with YA Entertainment for Dal Ja's Spring, I suggest you do now.

Earlier in May, my brother received the following email from Katie Flanagan (I didn't notice till I checked his email today):

Dear David,

Thank you for the requests, all very good titles! Originally we passed

on

Dalja's Spring, but we have received a lot of request recently and I

think

we should try again. :) We are working on the other too.

Take Care,

Katie

Katie Flanagan, Marketing Coordinator

YA Entertainment, LLC

"Bringing The Korean Wave to North America"

Katie.Flanagan@yaentertainment.com

in response to the following requests:

> Name: David

>

> E-mail:

>

> Type: Make

>

> Message: I'd like to request the following:

> 1. KBS Dalja's Spring

> 2. MBC Really Really Like You (also known as Love Truly or Crazy in

Love)

> 3. MBC Be Strong, Geum-soon!

>

> Thank you!

Guest Yummy_Kiwi

^

^

that was one of the debatable issues in this thread too.. i think as what the writer wanted to point out.. destiny is destiny.

DalJa sent only one and the last postcard to TaeBong to let him know that she wants fate to decide on their relationship.

i think i understand why she left even if TaeBong has already confessed his feelings. she did a lot of compromise already. this is a great chance for a workaholic like her. love can wait. if they are for each other.. after how many years, they will still end up together no matter what. :)

glad to hear you on this thread!

I believe in destiny too. But the moment you let your belief and action hurt someone who loves you, it is a little selfish. So, when Dalja let destiny decide their fate, she forgot an important factor which is Tae Bong's feelings. In my opinion, it was not the right time for her to act on her belief of destiny.

Speaking of the postcard, I feel that Dalja sending that single postcard in the span of 2 years represents an unreasonable action. Since she initiated the breakup, she doesn't have the right to hope that destiny will pull them back together.

Guest Inconnu

^ Dal Ja's character is pretty much... an unreasonable character. I think it

actually made sense for her to make him wait that long... she's a very

strong believer in destiny and we as the viewers are fully aware of how

innocent she is in love. Afterall, it is only a drama. :sweatingbullets:

Anyways, I finished this drama few weeks ago and never knew there was

a thread for it. I really really enjoyed this drama alot. And I just love Chae

Rim's outfits throughout the whole show. Her chemistry with Lee Minki is

very very evident... Their romantic scenes always makes me smile because

its sooo adorable. I would totally recommend this drama.

Guest dariav-

piglet22 has kindly re-uploaded Lee Min Ki YSMM Chinese Sub, you can download it here. Thank you!

Think it was to promote "Good Day for An Affair". Hmm, but I seem to have some problems downloading it. You guys give it a go and mind giving me a feedback? Perhaps it's just my computer =X.

Enjoy!

Guest pickles

i just started this and and im loving it! but i just downloaded episode 5 from WITHS2 CB but i cant watch it! i can hear the sounds but the screen keeps flickering. help?

Guest wluisainds

Yeah, I loved the whole story <3 Dal Ja is well portrayed by Chae Rim, and Lee Min Ki did a good job too :D I love the storyline because it's so funny and realistic too. :rolleyes:

:) :) :)

Sae Do & Soon Joo are so cute hehehe

Guest roughmetal2

i have a copy of this drama for several months now but i have always put it aside coz i don't like the chinese dubbing of the dvd that i got. since i'm not chinese, i would have preferred hearing the dialogues in korean. however, since i couldn't wait any longer, i decided to watch it yesterday morning. wow, this drama really hooked me. i watched it nonstop up to episode 9 before i decided to call it a day. maybe i could finish it by monday or tuesday.

i enjoy this drama especially the chemistry between dal ja and tae bong. they look very good together onscreen even from the start that i really wish they'll end up with each other (i haven't read the spoilers yet).

it was my first time to watch minki and i find him so hot, handsome even. btw, chae rim doesn't look like 33. there doesn't seem that wide age gap between them.

from which KBS program (and airing date) did this news entertainment (?) clip come from (showcasing kisses from dramas ?): http://www.diodeo.com/id=lilac1123&mov...&pt_code=04

---------

edit: nevermind, looks like last weekend's KBS Entertainment Relay (6-23-07) featured a segment on something and a kiss scene from Dal Ja's Spring was featured. Any idea what the entire segment was about?

Guest roughmetal2

i'm currently watching this and i'm confused over the age thing...

so dalja's mom got married 34 years ago that's why dalja is already 33

tae bong's dad got married a year after but tae bong is only 27

then, dalja's been working with handa for 8 years already

if she's 33, she must have started there at age 25

but in the first episode while talking to her friend in the rest room, she said that she just wanted to work for a while and get married at age 23 or 24.

Guest asprikitik

but in the first episode while talking to her friend in the rest room, she said that she just wanted to work for a while and get married at age 23 or 24.

wow you're very observative... I'm only episode 4 and so far it looks great. Remiinds me a lot of KimSamSoon

It doesn't necessarily mean that TB's dad got his wife pregnant within a yr of his marriage, it might have taken longer thus the age difference b/w the two.

Guest ditzyazn

To be honest, when i watched the first episode, I was really looking forward to this great drama because Chae Rim was once my favorite korean actress. But when i saw what she did with her face figure, I was totally disappointed. She was soooo much prettier before, WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DO SURGERY ?! After 15 minutes, i just lost interest and gave up.

Sorry to all the Dal Ja's Spring fans, I'm sure it's a great drama though :]

To be honest, when i watched the first episode, I was really looking forward to this great drama because Chae Rim was once my favorite korean actress. But when i saw what she did with her face figure, I was totally disappointed. She was soooo much prettier before, WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DO SURGERY ?! After 15 minutes, i just lost interest and gave up.

Sorry to all the Dal Ja's Spring fans, I'm sure it's a great drama though :]

I am trying to be calm . Obviously you came here with the intention of belittle CR. Dont you know there are thins that called acting and make up. CR has to endure the heavy make-up to play the character (NOT SURGERY) . From your arguments, may be Nicole Kidman did surgery when she played Virginia Wolf or recently Angelina Jolie as M. Pearl in Mighty Heart.

Guest roughmetal2
It doesn't necessarily mean that TB's dad got his wife pregnant within a yr of his marriage, it might have taken longer thus the age difference b/w the two.
yeah, it could be but it wasn't explained properly. there must be a reason for the five-year wait before having a baby.
To be honest, when i watched the first episode, I was really looking forward to this great drama because Chae Rim was once my favorite korean actress. But when i saw what she did with her face figure, I was totally disappointed. She was soooo much prettier before, WHY DID SHE HAVE TO DO SURGERY ?! After 15 minutes, i just lost interest and gave up. Sorry to all the Dal Ja's Spring fans, I'm sure it's a great drama though :]
well, personally, i still think she's pretty. and i guess, they just have to make her look matured and somehow unappealing to fit the drama's story.

Guest laqrui2002

yeah, it could be but it wasn't explained properly. there must be a reason for the five-year wait before having a baby.well, personally, i still think she's pretty. and i guess, they just have to make her look matured and somehow unappealing to fit the drama's story.

Well, TB's parents weren't really a romantic couple to begin with since his dad was really in love with Dalja's mom and only married TB's mom on the rebound. It could be the marriage wasn't consummated immediately. I really don't thik this aspect of the story needs to be explained. There are so many couples who don't have children right away even if they dont intend it to be this way.

Guest ovette

nice observation ya got there. DalJa's and TaeBong's age is not a question coz TaeBong's mom couldve conceived him years after they married. in this case let's say 5 years after.

as for DalJa's working age. i didnt notice that lol and i didnt take note of the year DalJa said she want to get married either. hrm....

Guest fifiz

I am trying to be calm . Obviously you came here with the intention of belittle CR. Dont you know there are thins that called acting and make up. CR has to endure the heavy make-up to play the character (NOT SURGERY) . From your arguments, may be Nicole Kidman did surgery when she played Virginia Wolf or recently Angelina Jolie as M. Pearl in Mighty Heart.

Actually, I think Chae Rim did get plastic surgery. Lots of people talk about it - so i'm pretty sure ditzyazn wasn't refering to the heavy make-up.

Archived