Director: TBA
Writer: JTBA
Network: Disney+
Episodes: TBA
Release Date: 2023
Air time: TBA

STORY          

Kim Ji Yong, a student at the police academy lost his mother

at the hand of a local gangster when he was young.

He becomes a vigilante and kills criminals. 

~~ Adapted from a webtoon "Vigilante" ( 비질란테) written by CRG and illustrated by Kim Gyu Sam (김규삼)

CR. Mydramalist

Official teaser & Trailer :  TBA

Official Posters : TBA

Official link : TBA

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

CAST          

565000003007906.JPEG

◈ Nam Joo Hyuk as Kim Ji Yong ◈

2016111013333107281_1rs.jpg

◈ Yoo Ji Tae as Cho Heon ◈

photo1443363.jpg

◈ Lee Joon Hyuk as Cho Kang Ok ◈

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

..............................................................................................................................
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Watch: Nam Joo Hyuk Transforms Into A Dark Hero In Action-Filled Teaser For New Drama “Vigilante”

Watch: Nam Joo Hyuk Transforms Into A Dark Hero In Action-Filled Teaser For New Drama “Vigilante”

Disney+’s original series “Vigilante,” starring Nam Joo Hyuk, has released the first teaser and poster for the upcoming drama and officially confirmed its release date!

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Vigilante” follows the story of Kim Ji Yong (Nam Joo Hyuk), an exemplary police university student who upholds the law by day but becomes a vigilante by night, taking matters into his own hands against criminals who escape justice.

The newly unveiled poster features Kim Ji Yong standing in the rain in his police uniform with his vigilante alter ego’s shadow. The poster captures the stark duality of his character, depicting him as a model student by day and a dark hero by night. Kim Ji Yong’s determined expression contrasts with the Vigilante’s imposing presence, emphasizing their distinct personas. Scattered wanted posters on the ground hint at Vigilante’s unwavering commitment to punishing only those who have evaded the law. The backdrop of a dark alley with flickering neon signs, alludes to Kim Ji Yong’s internal struggle with the true meaning of justice, piquing viewers’ curiosity about what lies ahead.

nam-joo-hyuk-vigilante.jpeg

The teaser video begins with Vigilante cloaked in darkness as he unapologetically delivers justice to criminals, declaring, “You should’ve spent the rest of your life in repentance. Start blaming the law for letting you go. Because I’m going to show you what hell is.”

The teaser also introduces different characters, each determined to track down Vigilante for their personal reasons. Chief Investigator Jo Heon (played by Yoo Ji Tae) from the Metropolitan Investigation Unit arrives at the crime scene, remarking, “Not just anyone can do something like this. He’s a diligent and righteous lunatic.” Realizing that Vigilante’s methods are far from ordinary, Jo Heon embarks on a mission to pursue him.

On the other hand, reporter Choi Mi Ryeo (played by Kim So Jin), sensing that Vigilante could be her major exclusive story, begins introducing Vigilante to the world, stating, “What people want now is a dark hero like this.” Finally, Jo Kang Ok (played by Lee Joon Hyuk), a second-generation chaebol, passionately admires Vigilante, saying, “The vigilante’s punishment on villains—I was blown away.”

The teaser concludes with Kim Ji Yong’s transformation from the dark hero Vigilante back to his ordinary self. His line, “The law has loopholes; I’ll close those loopholes myself,” heightens expectations for the emergence of a new dark hero in the world.

Watch the trailer with English subtitles below!

“Vigilante” is set to premiere on November 8, with two new episodes released every Wednesday for a total of eight episodes.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1616108wpp/watch-nam-joo-hyuk-transforms-into-a-dark-hero-in-action-filled-teaser-for-new-drama-vigilante

• 3 weeks later...

Nam Joo Hyuk Is Both A “Vigilante” And An Exemplary Police University Student In Poster For New Drama

Nam Joo Hyuk Is Both A “Vigilante” And An Exemplary Police University Student In Poster For New Drama

Disney+’s original series “Vigilante” has released a brand new poster!

Based on a webtoon of the same name, “Vigilante” follows the story of Kim Ji Yong (Nam Joo Hyuk), an exemplary police university student who upholds the law by day but becomes a vigilante by night, taking matters into his own hands against criminals who escape justice.

The released poster shows Kim Ji Yong with his body divided into two contrasting halves. The contrast between his left side, which is covered with a black hood, and the right side, which is clad in a police uniform, shows the duality of Kim Ji Yong, who is a model police university student by day and a vigilante who judges criminals who have escaped the law by night. The blood and scars on one side of his face and the coldness in his eyes show the vigilante’s strong determination and his conviction toward criminals who have escaped the law.

On the other hand, his other side, dressed in a neat police uniform and staring straight ahead, shows Kim Ji Yong, a model police student who is totally different from the vigilante. The words on the poster reading, “From now on, I will judge again,” seemingly hints at the vigilante’s unorthodox method of taking matters into his own hands and judging criminals with his own kind of justice. Viewers are curious about how Nam Joo Hyuk will portray the complex character of Kim Ji Yong.

vigilante-1.jpg

“Vigilante” is set to premiere on November 8. Check out a trailer here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1620023wpp/nam-joo-hyuk-is-both-a-vigilante-and-an-exemplary-police-university-student-in-poster-for-new-drama

Spoiler

Nam Joo Hyuk Discusses How He Prepares For First Action Drama “Vigilante,” What Draws Him To It, And More

Nam Joo Hyuk Discusses How He Prepares For First Action Drama “Vigilante,” What Draws Him To It, And More

Disney+’s original series “Vigilante” has dropped new stills of Nam Joo Hyuk in character!

At a young age, Kim Ji Yong tragically lost his mother to the violent hands of neighborhood thugs. Witnessing these criminals returning to crime even after being shown leniency and released from prison, Kim Ji Yong has since made it his mission to judge criminals who have escaped the law.

Nam Joo Hyuk, who is taking on the action genre for the first time through “Vigilante,” spared no effort in training for realistic and authentic action scenes. From weight training to boxing, judo, martial arts, and more, he underwent rigorous training to ensure the action was vividly brought to life.

Nam Joo Hyuk remarked, “‘Vigilante’ was a webtoon I really liked, and I decided to star in the drama because I had a strong desire to portray the character Kim Ji Yong.”

nam-joo-hyuk-vigilante-3.jpeg

nam-joo-hyuk-vigilante-1.jpeg

When Kim Ji Yong is a police university student, Nam Joo Hyuk portrays him as an average student in his twenties, seamlessly blending in with his peers in both appearance and demeanor. When he transforms into Vigilante, he pulls down his hoodie and conveys the character’s intricate psychology through a slightly darker portrayal. His portrayal of a character with complex emotions is expected to add an extra layer of intrigue to the drama.

Nam Joo Hyuk shared, “Since it’s my first action project, I had many discussions with the martial arts team about the details throughout filming. I believed that my character should exhibit a distinct vibe when in a police uniform compared to his Vigilante persona. When portraying the character in his Vigilante role, I focused on presenting a somewhat darker and more solemn figure. Instead of overtly displaying emotions, I tried to act by internalizing those emotions.”

nam-joo-hyuk-vigilante-2.jpeg

Spoiler

nam-joo-hyuk-vigilante-4.jpeg

Director Choi Jeong Yeol also expressed his satisfaction with Nam Joo Hyuk’s casting, saying, “For the main character Kim Ji Yong, I had hoped to find an actor who could depict the fine line between good and evil, with a spark in his eyes but also sadness in his gaze. Nam Joo Hyuk portrayed those aspects very well, and there were many moments when I was in awe [while watching his performance].”

“Vigilante” is set to premiere on November 8, with two new episodes released every Wednesday for a total of eight episodes. Watch a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1620805wpp/nam-joo-hyuk-discusses-how-he-prepares-for-first-action-drama-vigilante-what-draws-him-to-it-and-more

Watch: “Vigilante” Previews Nam Joo Hyuk’s Intense Showdown Against People Who Are After Him In New Trailer

Watch: “Vigilante” Previews Nam Joo Hyuk’s Intense Showdown Against People Who Are After Him In New Trailer

Disney+ has released another teaser for its upcoming series “Vigilante”!

The newly released teaser offers a thrilling glimpse into the high-stakes showdown between the Vigilante and a trio of his relentless pursuers, each with their own agendas. Opening with a gripping declaration, “The price of the criminals’ sins that the law couldn’t properly bring to justice — someone is imposing it through violence,” the teaser swiftly introduces viewers to Vigilante and his mission.

The trailer proceeds to depict Vigilante tracking down and punishing criminals who threaten the victims who reported their crimes. With a compelling presence, he delivers his message, “Start blaming the law for letting you go. Because I’m going to show you what hell is.”

Upon Vigilante garnering public support, Chief Investigator Jo Heon (Yoo Ji Tae) of the Metropolitan Investigation Unit deduces, “Exceptional intelligence, meticulous planning, and resolute actions. This person may be someone who knows us very well,” as he embarks on a mission to apprehend Vigilante. The teaser then shows a tantalizing glimpse into the high-stakes psychological standoff between the two when Jo Heon asks Kim Ji Yong, “Kim Ji Yong, we’ve met before, right?”

Adding to the chase to track down Vigilante for their own different purposes are second-generation chaebol Jo Kang Ok (Lee Joon Hyuk), who openly expresses his admiration and intrigue for Vigilante, and reporter Choi Mi Ryeo (Kim So Jin), who wants to keep Vigilante on the street as she’s motivated by the ratings boost and sensational content Vigilante’s actions provide. As Jo Kang Ok discreetly proposes to Choi Mi Ryeo, saying, “Let’s protect him,” it adds an air of intrigue to the intertwining of their stories and their impact on Vigilante.

Finally, the unwavering and icy gaze of Kim Ji Yong as he states, “Justice? This is justice,” spotlights the theme of what constitutes true justice.

Watch the full trailer here:

“Vigilante” is set to premiere on November 8, with two new episodes released every Wednesday for a total of eight episodes. Watch another teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1621464wpp/watch-vigilante-previews-nam-joo-hyuks-intense-showdown-against-people-who-are-after-him-in-new-trailer

Spoiler

Lee Joon Hyuk Is A Chaebol And Follower Of “Vigilante” In New Drama

Lee Joon Hyuk Is A Chaebol And Follower Of “Vigilante” In New Drama

Disney+’s upcoming series “Vigilante” has released new stills featuring Lee Joon Hyuk!

Lee Joon Hyuk plays the role of Jo Kang Ok, a second-generation chaebol and big fan of Vigilante. Jo Kang Ok is the young vice chairman of DK Group, a leading company and follows Vigilante in his own way using money and information power. After seeing the news about Vigilante, Jo Kang Ok, who dreamed of becoming a hero as a child, feels excitement at seeing a real-life hero and becomes a big fan of vigilante.

LJH01.jpg

Lee Joon Hyuk revealed the reason for choosing this drama, saying, “I thought it would not be easy to meet such a unique character, so I really wanted to take it.”

LJH02.jpg

Lee Joon Hyuk also shared about how he prepared for his role, “Jo Kang Ok is more free-spirited than any other character, so I tried to believe in the freedom of this character and just go with that. While I was preparing for Jo Kang Ok’s role, I thought that he was a person who lives [his life] like a musical, and I got help from watching variety shows, documentaries, and reality programs.”

LJH03.jpg

“Vigilante” is set to premiere on November 8, with two new episodes released every Wednesday for a total of eight episodes. Watch the latest teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1621991wpp/lee-joon-hyuk-is-a-chaebol-and-follower-of-vigilante-in-new-drama