What kind of music your parents listen to

Beavercleaver

Guest Arisu.In.SuJu.Land

My parents listen to mostly oldies, R&B, soul, etc., and my mom loves John Legend's stuff. XD She's like, obsessed with her CD...

But they also enjoy listening to Japanese/Chinese/Korean/Thai music as well, but mostly pop and ballads.

Sometimes, they surprise me, though, so I'm not really sure...XD

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chungmah.

Oldies music to musicals to current Top 25 music lol.

Anything really - artists don't matter

As long as it sounds good.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ♡ HONEY ♡

My parents listen to a lot of jazz music and oldies. Amazingly enough, they both like Good Charlotte, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera a whole lot.

Sometimes I torture them and make them listen to my favorite music, though.

Guest kimchi_girl

My parents mostly listen to classic Korean popular music from the 1950's to late 70's. A perennial favorite is Bae Ho whom I also admire greatly. I got my love for 1960's Korean pop music from them. My parent's also like old Chinese Shidaiqu songs although they have no idea what is being said. I think it's the Chinese/Cabaret/Jazz fusion sound they find so appealing (Me too!). It's cute to see my parents dance together when they hear these old classics.

• 2 years later...

My mom listens to basically whatever is popular on the radio (bleh), though if she can get a hold of it, she really enjoys Latin music, specifically from the Caribbeans (since, well, she's from the Caribbeans, lol). My dad has a more broader taste in music, ranging from Oldies, to Prog Rock from the 70s, Classical, Christian/Gospel, and others. I was looking through his old vinyl disc collections and was thoroughly impressed to see he had Black Sabbath's "Black Sabbath Vol. 4," Deep Purple's "Made in Japan" live recording, Alice Cooper's "Billion Dollar Babies," and Grand Funk Railroad's "We're an American Band." He never grew up listening to any Chinese music - he said as a kid that grandma used to drag him to go see Peking Operas in New York and he hated it, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest rezjjoo

My mom listens to different types of rock music. But she also listen to some soul singers and some Italian music. And my dad also listen to rock, but not that kind of rock that my mom listens to. But he also listens to some pop music, like p!nk, and danish music.

Hm.. and then their's me and my sister who listens to k-pop, haha my mom have said that she was ashamed of what we were listening to... xD

Guest -khunnie

my parents listen to most stuff thats on the radio (bruno mars, katy perry, all that stuff.) and they still listen to their Journey, Boston, Def Leppard, etc. 

Guest duckbutt'

My Mom likes Cambodian music. And ballads. lol

My Dad like Classic rock, cambodian music, and other things like U2.

and my Aunt likes anything 80's.

Archived