• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest huangsy

source : yahoo korea

충격 준 ‘최진실 자살’… ‘차라리 악성 루머였으면’

[스포츠월드] 2008년 10월 03일(금) 오후 11:00 가 가| 이메일| 프린트

“차라리 악성루머였으면…” 줄잇는 안타까움

2일 최진실의 자살 소식에 연예계는 충격을 감추지 못하고 있다. 탤런트 안재환이 차량에서 변사체로 발견된 지 한 달도 안돼 일어난 자살 사건에 연예인들은 말문이 떨어지지 않는 모습.

최진실의 유작이 된 MBC 드라마 ‘내 생애 마지막 스캔들(내마스)’에서 호흡을 맞추며 ‘제2의 전성기’를 열게 도와준 정준호는 “얼마 전 통화하면서 7일 감독님과 함께 저녁을 먹기로 했다”며 “루머에 연루돼 괴로움을 토로하길래 내가 ‘신경 쓰지 말아라. 한두번 이겨냈느냐. 시간이 지나면 잊혀진다’고 말했다. 나와 함께 찍은 드라마가 유작이 되다니…” 하며 비통해 했다. 최진실과 정준호는 ‘내마스 시즌 2’를 준비 중이었다.

최진실과 MBC 드라마 ‘질투’에 함께 출연하며 돈독한 우정을 쌓았던 탤런트 최수종은 “이게 무슨 청천벽력 같은 일인지 모르겠다. 도대체 세상이 왜 이러냐”며 “안재환씨 사건 이후 또다시 이런 일이 벌어졌는데 정말 너무한 것 같다. 잘못된 소문을 퍼뜨리고 ‘악플’까지 다는 것은 있어서는 안될 일”이라고 안타까워했다.

최진실과 영화 ‘나의 사랑 나의 신부’, ‘마누라 죽이기’에서 호흡을 맞췄던 배우 박중훈은 “너무 충격받아 지금 아무 생각이 나지 않는다. 몇 달 전 미용실에서 밝은 모습으로 마주쳤다. 아이들을 놔두고 어떻게 그럴 수 있었는지 너무 안타깝다”고 말했다.

Korean stars were shocked by the death of actress Choi Jinshil. They did not know what to say after Choi Jinshil killed herself in less than a month after actor Ahn Jeahwan committed suicide. MBC drama ‘The Last Scandal of My Life ‘became Choi Jinshil’s last drama, and Jung Junho who acted with her in it and helped her start her second heyday of her life said, “I talked with her on the phone a few days ago. We were going to meet on the 7th with our drama director and have dinner. She told me that she was having a hard time because of the rumors of her surrounding Ahn Jeahwan’s death, and I told her to just forget about the nonsense, and that time will solve everything. I never knew our drama would be her last one.” Jung Junho and Choi Jinshil were preparing to start filming ‘The Last Scandal of My Life-Season 2.’

Choi Soojong, who had been close friends with Choi Jinshil after acting with her in the popular drama ‘Jealousy’ in the 90s said, "I can’t believe what’s going on. What is going on in this world? This is happening again and again, and I think this is too much. Groundless rumors as vicious posts on the internet should be stopped at once."

Park Joonhoon, who had been in the movies ’My Love My Bride’ and ’Killing My Wife’ with Choi Jinshil said, "I can’t say anything, I am too shocked. I saw her a few months ago at a beauty shop and she looked happy. How can she leave her children and just go like that?"

*kill oneself = commit suicide : 자살하다

*heyday : 전성기

*rumor : 악소문

*surrounding : ∼를 둘러싼

*nonsense : 말도 안 되는 일

Guest gingerbread

Please do not put words into my mouth. I said that I can understand how death can seem the better solution. I did not say that it is the better solution.

And you know, your statistic is all fine, but what about those 20% who didn't feel better, despite treatment? Perhaps, Mrs Choi was one of those?

Ask your friends about how it feels to be in an acute phase of depression, the moment they took the pills, the moment they cut their wrists.

Perhaps, you'll understand then why I said that I can understand why death seemed the better choice for her at that time.

No, kanshu-ssi, I'm not trying to put words into your mouth. I understand fully what you mean when you said what you said. However, did it ever occur to you that someone who's sufferring from depression, and in their "twisted logic" when reading your post would think that you mean death may seem to be a better option afterall?

I really am not trying to judge CJS nor be disrespectful with regards to her death here. No, i also don't agree to name calling, be it coward, though i don't recall anyone calling her that in this thread. I just want to let anyone who might be in the same boat to seek for the RIGHT help ... at least, there's still a good 80% to find relieve from their disorder from what seems to be the end of the world for them.

As for my friends, i'm afraid i can't agree with you. i've walked through with them esp one during her acute phase of depression and i can never understand why the thought to contemplate suicide when she has such loving and supportive parents who gives her the world. In any case, with regular couselling and mediation, there's an improvement in her condition since.

According to one of these articles, she'd been on medication since her divorce. So she did seek help.

And in regards to depression and suicide

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publication...ide-facts.shtml

Nonetheless, I hope she rests in peace and wish her family strength in these trying times.

Annyeong clockwatcher-ssi, when reported she's on medication doesn't necessarily mean that she was REALLY taking them. Take for instance, one of my friends who has been on medication for the past one decade, tried on numerous occasions to wean off the medication on her own (even though she was faithfully keep to her appts with her doc) for fear of not being able to conceive (side effects of the medication) when she does meet that someone. And whenever she does that, she slips back in to depression again.

^ Very true. I worked adjunct in the field. Clinical depression can be a life long battle with periods of which the patient really feels helplessly impossible to see the light to anything EVEN with medication, counselling AND hospitalization. To be plain, depression can alter brain chemistry, and as u can guess with brain chemistries, it's not really sth that can easily be altered with a pill or counselling. For many severe cases, the objectives may be very limited to monitoring. Medication success rate for severe depression is sadly not very encouraging. Yes there r therapies that work great for some (IF they adhere to taking it routinely), but seldom for all. Most of the meds have side effects that may not be tolerable/ lost effectiveness after longer use. And when they r in a severe depressive episode, do u think it's a walk in the park to adhere to their routine meds and seek 'RIGHT' kind of help as in counselling?!?! We can set our ruler of morales and standards on our own actions, but just as we cant expect a patient with lung cancer to have a normal respiratory capacity (and fault them for it), we shouldnt judge patients when they r incapacitated.

Ginger sshi, you are a dear friend, but I must say depression, like all illnesses have diff stages of severity. Mild forms can have a great success rate around what you reported, but clinical depression in itself also have a definition concerning its duration. If it's over in couple months, it's a mild /seasonal form. Yes we all have ups and downs, but a passing of very depressive mood not having a long enough duration AND not accompanied by other symptoms is NOT depression.

I just think in the light of the tragedy, the Korean showbiz should look into more care and support for mental health asap. These artists are put into an extreme intensified emotional stress occupationally already, it is understandable that a last straw can easily occur for them to go down this tragic road. (again I'm not condoning suicide)

Mookie-ssi, i think you misread my post. What i meant was finding that relief from the disorder "get better" and not a complete or instant cure. Yes, the treatment is a life long battle so "a walk in the park to adhere to their routine meds and seek 'RIGHT' kind of help as in counselling during the eleventh hrs will not make "magic". What i'm saying is that they can easily get back into depression the moment they meet their downs, especially when they are not on regular medication and treatment. I agree that perhaps more care and support for mental health should be given but this will be redundant if the individual doesn't step forward and co-operate with the full treatment eg, keeping to their doc's appt and taking medication regularly as prescribed.

In light of going into the disrespectful mode, i'll not be posting further on my views. Thanks, everyone for reading my posts, whether in agreement or not.

Guest White Star

see these picture are so heartbreaking. because of a brief moment of weakness worsen by the alcohol....we looses a mother, a daugther, a friend, a treasure, a human being. It show just how fragile life is and how vunerable sanity is....

I am sadden by this loss. I don't think she wanted to leave us at this time, in this way. when your are living on the edge, even the smallest could lead to monumental impact.

I won't say "may she find peace". because there's no peace is death . It is just an end, there're nothing after that, it's just a way to run from your problem, from your pain...also from your happiness, your joy. ....however, may her family and friend find peace after this tragic events.

Its easy for us to blame it on her twisted thinking from that mind-crippling depression, as easy as how she saw death as her only option to end her pain. Whatever it is, I think its important for society to NOT condone suicide as the only and easy way out – be it an answer to something as devastating and irreparable as a major calamity, or as meaningless as an unfounded rumour; of which i guess, sadly, a distorted mind will no longer be capable of differentiating. I only have sympathy for the living - when and how are they going to end their own pain and trauma from this loss, one that they will inevitably feel deep remorse and guilt for not having to detect her anomaly early enough to stop her. Even in the most severe depression, suicidal patients waver, till the very last moment, between wanting to die and wanting to live. I just think its so unfortunate that choi’s sense of hopelessness overpowered her love and responsibility for her loved ones at that fateful last moment. She’s been through and overcome so much worse for the sake of her children before, yet she simply does not see any hope in them now. I just wish her children could somehow reduce the impact of their only parent’s untimely demise to the least, and grow up to be mentally-healthy individuals.

Guest mookie

Annyeong clockwatcher-ssi, when reported she's on medication doesn't necessarily mean that she was REALLY taking them. Take for instance, one of my friends who has been on medication for the past one decade, tried on numerous occasions to wean off the medication on her own (even though she was faithfully keep to her appts with her doc) for fear of not being able to conceive (side effects of the medication) when she does meet that someone. And whenever she does that, she slips back in to depression again.

Mookie-ssi, i think you misread my post. What i meant was finding that relief from the disorder "get better" and not a complete or instant cure. Yes, the treatment is a life long battle so "a walk in the park to adhere to their routine meds and seek 'RIGHT' kind of help as in counselling during the eleventh hrs will not make "magic". What i'm saying is that they can easily get back into depression the moment they meet their downs, especially when they are not on regular medication and treatment. I agree that perhaps more care and support for mental health should be given but this will be redundant if the individual doesn't step forward and co-operate with the full treatment eg, keeping to their doc's appt and taking medication regularly as prescribed.

In light of going into the disrespectful mode, i'll not be posting further on my views. Thanks, everyone for reading my posts, whether in agreement or not.

Ginger sshi, I didnt misread your post, but I do hope you can reconsider some of your views on patients suffering from these disorders. Since you know once they slip off their meds and treatment they can easily dip back to a depressive episode, consider a common scenario when the pills built up tolerance and stop being as effective. I just want to point out as with all medications there r constant adjustments involved, it's seldom that u can adhere to one pill that worked and assume it'll work forever in that dose, esp in cases of severe depression. The patient can downright be doing the same thing, sticking to a routine and the regimen just stopped being efficacious. I'm very glad your friends have great circles of friends and family and proper care to help them manage the disorder. All I want to get across to you is that when patients are living through an episode, it's judgemental or downright insensitive to point finger at them of why they are not taking their pills, sticking to the regimen, going to counselling, when they can have systemic/physical symptoms that prevented them fr completely simple tasks. Why not yell at the pill that stopped working, counselling that may not be going anywhere, monitoring that can never be 24/7?! Where I worked at there was a team consisting of physicians, social workers and other medical personnels providing a very all rounded care in my opinion, and yet we still have patients who endangered themselves and others when they had voluntarily stepped forward for care, cooperated with full treatment at best they can repeatingly, as a bystander, I felt hopeless at times, let alone the patient. it's ignorant and alarming an oversimplification to put the blame the way you did. I just hope you comprehend.

And again, I hope the grieving stars who were dear friends of CJS sshi gather up their strength and influence to look into this issue.

Guest zizou312

wow im just stunned...

that motherjohn tesher man, that john teshing baseball husband she had, I heard he used to beat her..

that pinkberry didnt even cry at her funeral, he seemed careless.

that john tesher needs to john teshing die man wow.. what a pinkberry

sorry i didn mean to cuss this much but taht john teshing kool-aidgot

Guest BROKEN SHORE

My heart goes out to her familiy and friends, especially Jung Sun Hee because her husband recently died as well. It's my heart's desire to pray for the Korean media and celebrities. I want to see the end of internet rumors and gossip. People should be held responsible for the comments they post online. I cannot see one more celebrity end their life because of heartless netizens who torment them day to night.

This MUST come to an end.

wow im just stunned...

that motherjohn tesher man, that john teshing baseball husband she had, I heard he used to beat her..

that pinkberry didnt even cry at her funeral, he seemed careless.

that john tesher needs to john teshing die man wow.. what a pinkberry

sorry i didn mean to cuss this much but taht john teshing kool-aidgot

it's not carelessness.

I'm sure he did cry.

But more than feeling grief, he probably felt guilt.

There were articles stating that he stayed by her side the whole time at the wake

and some people actually went up an grabbed his collar and blaming him for everything.

He didn't retort to any of their accusations,

so although he didn't show it, he was probably crying inside and feeling extremely guilty because in a way, he might have been a part of the cause of her death

he was there, but standing away at a distance.

I don't think crying would have made the situation any better from his emotionless face.

what would you have done if you were in his shoes?

bawled, begging for her forgiveness, making a big scene in the midst of a huge crowd of people, everyone knowing exactly what happened between them two?

if there are any people to really get mad about, it's the reporters for shoving cameras into grieving people's faces

Archived