Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

9 hours ago, KonaBeans said:

Only SIK is a bit heavy, but not triplets.  The boys are growing tall and slim.  They're the most healthy happy beautiful boys I know.

I wonder if SIK stayed in that shape on purpose to portray the real JYS? 

I wish the drama  had focused more into JYS's life than science and politics.

I think i saw a picture of the real JYS in the internet and he looked big, too.

True, the story has not much spices in it.  I am expecting for, at least, a love triangle among the princess, the girl from ming and him for some excitement.

I have been watching Jang Yeong Sil and Six Flying Dragons, but honestly, i am more thrilled by the last one.  I wish he could appear in a drama like SFD, next time.  We should see him as a powerful figure in a historical project.  I guess Mr. Hummer is also a little disappointed not to see him riding in a horse, wielding a sword.  

• Like 4

Looks like after JYS, the family is spending family time in Jeju.  Triplets' mom must be traveling separately.

SIK can disguise himself in public, but NOT when triplets are with him.  We can see how popular they are.

It's so nice to see our beloved boys, they've grown a bit and are as adorable as ever.  Love and miss them so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

@ardently, I actually like the science part, but wish there was more of YJS as a person. Toward the end, it's not about JYS anymore but Joseon's politics and diplomatic with China.  I'm hoping new project will be announced soon.

• Like 9

The triplet's popularity has not wavered, even after their appearance at ROS.  Sik's decision tagging them along with him is a wise move.  I guess, some couple of years from now, they will appear in a sageuk or a family-oriented drama.  The kids are very comfortable now with the public and cameras.

• Like 8

Song Il Kook Updates Fans Through Vacation Photo With Triplets

Song Il Gook Updates Fans Through Vacation Photo With Triplets

Since their departure from KBS’s “The Return of Superman,” fans have been constantly missing the Song triplets.

Thankfully, Song Il Kook provided an update through an Instagram post on March 26.

The actor shared a photo of himself with Daehan, Minguk, and Manse and wrote “After finishing filming ‘Jang Young Shil,’ Jeju vacation with sons! First place to visit is a museum~^^ If you like studying things, you should go hehehe #nexoncomputermuseum.”

In the photo, the father and sons pose in front of the Nexon Computer Museum. Everyone looks happy and all smiles. Manse, in particular, appears as though he’s laughing.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/26/song-il-gook-updates-fans-through-vacation-photo-with-triplets/

• Like 6

Hi Ladies: Well, I just finished watching Jang Yeong Sil and I thought that our man SIK did a  great job considering what the writers gave him. He was very strong in the beginning but after that, it seamed that the writers wanted every one else around him to be a main character as well. But the final episode, showed how great of an actor he is. You could feel how he felt in the final episode. His final scenes with the King was Song Il Kook at his best. Although It wasn't an historical drama, I always enjoy watching SIK act. Now the waiting begins all over again. When and what will he do next. We all can only wait and see .Lets hope we hear something soon.

• Like 10

SIK posted a new photo of his beautiful boys enjoying the early Spring time... Love them so...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Song Triplets Take a Jeju Island Vacation

The Song triplets are enjoying their vacation on Jeju Island.

Actor Song Il Kook posted a picture of the triplets on March 27 on his Instagram account. He comments, “There are rapeseed flowers everywhere in Jeju Island.”

In the photo, the triplets Daehan, Minguk, and Manse brothers are dressed in identical outfits smiling in the midst of flowers. Their outfits look like they’re made for little explorers. The triplets look as though they’ve had a growth spurt looking much more older and mature than what the fans remember from their latest appearance on television.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/27/song-triplets-take-a-jeju-island-vacation/

• Like 7

7 hours ago, hummer82 said:

Hi Ladies: Well, I just finished watching Jang Yeong Sil and I thought that our man SIK did a  great job considering what the writers gave him. He was very strong in the beginning but after that, it seamed that the writers wanted every one else around him to be a main character as well. But the final episode, showed how great of an actor he is. You could feel how he felt in the final episode. His final scenes with the King was Song Il Kook at his best. Although It wasn't an historical drama, I always enjoy watching SIK act. Now the waiting begins all over again. When and what will he do next. We all can only wait and see .Lets hope we hear something soon.

I agree, hummer.  I really felt the pain of his character when King Sejong understood that JYS was telling him to let him go, for the sake of his new alphabet and the peace of Joseon.  His character was not John Wayne-like, but it showed his versatility as an actor.  

Looking forward to his next project too.

• Like 5

Jang Young Shi (Finale)

pp1.jpg

pp2.jpg

Osen- Naver: 'Jang Young Shil' finale, Song Il Gook leaves his soul behind, falls asleep within history

1. [+6,292, -106] Then and now, rotten politicians get rid of those with talents ㅠㅠ We shall never forget Jang Young Shil, he worked for the country and its people

2. [+4,770, -134] Why did this end so fast? Aren't sageuks nowadays either have 50 or 100 episodes????

3. [+3,509, -130] 'Jang Young Shil' has been enjoyable. Thank you cast and crew for creating a good drama

4. [+2,413, -114] Thanks for the great acting

5. [+467, -13] In the 15th century, the country brought the greatest achievements in science. I'm so proud that we had King Sejong and Jang Young Shil

6. [+452, -16] I'm a fan of sageuks and Jang Young Shil has been so good!! The only thing I didn't like were the noblemen who made a fuss when they disagreed on things... then and now, politicians are the same which is frustratingㅋㅋ

7. [+385, -17] This drama did a good job depicting Jang Young Shil's life and it let me felt once again that Joseon was really the hub of science at that period. Amazing drama

8. [+351, -17] Please make a drama about Ahn Jung Geun or Yoo Kwan Soon!!

9. [+315, -14] Such a well-made drama. The ratings were low due to various circumstances

10. [+274, -7] Sad that it ended... Science exists as we know today because of his

Credit : http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/03/spoilers-jang-young-shi-finale-page.html

• Like 10

Just finished watching the final episode of Jang Yeong Sil.  I couldn't watch it at Dramacool and Viki.  Couldn''t find it either at Dramafever.  I really don't know if it's my computer or the site that is at fault here.  Drama Channel of Dramacool told me to change my pc's dns , etc.  Still, the video won't play.  Viki wants me to register first before i can watch the video.  Anyway, i went to dramayou and it was a success.

The last episode made me cry from the start to finish.  I was happy that King Sejo punished the nobles who framed JYS.  He got his character from his grandfather,  King Taejong.  What puzzled me was why JYS had to die like an exiled servant again.  Did Princess So Jun stayed with him till her last breath?  I hope they lived as husband and wife, if only to compensate for their lost time and JYS's sufferings.

Now, i have to wait for the last episode at you tube KBS world so I can download it and complete my copy of the drama.

• Like 4