Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

I'm wondering why is so quiet in here? I know that JYS also shown today, is it the cause why this thread is so quiet? 

@KonaBeans is it still ok to discuss and update about Song Triplets in this thread, even though their not part of any show? I think next week will be their last episode on RoS. 

Hope there will be thread that we can still find update or discuss about Daehan Minguk Manse in this forum? 

From today episode, Manse still Manse, whenever Appa told him to do something he also find a way to do other things.... While Daehan & Minguk always can learn things easily because they are so determine & focus to learn. Glad they met new friends / hyungs on their neighborhood. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, suellen88 said:

I'm wondering why is so quiet in here? I know that JYS also shown today, is it the cause why this thread is so quiet? 

@KonaBeans is it still ok to discuss and update about Song Triplets in this thread, even though their not part of any show? I think next week will be their last episode on RoS. 

Hope there will be thread that we can still find update or discuss about Daehan Minguk Manse in this forum? 

From today episode, Manse still Manse, whenever Appa told him to do something he also find a way to do other things.... While Daehan & Minguk always can learn things easily because they are so determine & focus to learn. Glad they met new friends / hyungs on their neighborhood. 

@suellen88, I'm not Soompi admin but I would love to have triplets' discussion here, in daddy's thread.  Hope someone will share their paparatzi's photos of triplets.  Love to see them growing into handsome and healthy adolescents.

@adelinetew, awesome clip of the KBS award.  Appa Song dressed the boys so well.  Daddy and sons are awesomely handsome.

• Like 8

Minguk Calls AOA’s Seolhyun a Princess on “The Return of Superman”

Minguk Calls AOA’s Seolhyun a Princess on “The Return of Superman”

AOA’s Seolhyun thrills Song Il Gook’s sons Minguk and Manse in the latest episode of “The Return of Superman”!

The January 17 episode gives viewers a glimpse of what was going on at the families’ tables at the “2015 KBS Entertainment Awards,” which was held on December 26. The Song triplets in particular seem full of energy because of all the excitement around them.

When host Seolhyun comes out on stage, Minguk says to his dad next to him, “Look, it’s a big princess!”

seol ah daehan minguk

He then hears Seolhyun say, “I really wanted to see the kids from ‘The Return of Superman.’”

“Wow! She said that she wanted to see Daehan, Minguk, and Manse?” exclaims Minguk, almost jumping out of his high chair in excitement, and Manse repeats what he said happily.

minguk manse 2

Seolhyun goes on to say that she particularly wanted to see Choo Sarang, because she looks like her fellow AOA member Jimin. Manse’s still caught up in the thrill though, and says to his brother with a big grin, “Minguk! She says she likes Daehan, Minguk, and Manse!”

manse

Minguk also calls actress Kim Soo Mi a princess, while he describes comedienne Park Na Rae, who’s wearing makeup to look like a monkey, as an “ahjumma” (middle-aged woman) instead.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/17/minguk-calls-aoas-seolhyun-a-princess-on-the-return-of-superman/

• Like 6

*** Hahaha – he’s so cute. Well, I guess he’s just so well- mannered! I miss him with all his antics in the show – actually will miss the triplets! ;)

Song Il Kook's son Mansae coolly lets one rip on 'Superman Is Back'

song-il-kook_1453063737_af_org.jpg

Mansae, one of Song Il Kook's adorable triplets, brought laughter with the nonchalant way he let one rip on the January 17 broadcast of 'Superman Is Back.' 

On this episode, the triplets attempted to learn how to ride two-wheeled bicycles, guided by their father and a couple of their neighborhood friends, whose help Song Il Kook had enlisted for the occasion. 

As Mansae was listening attentively to the instructions of the neighborhood hyung, he suddenly proclaimed, "I think I have to fart," and then went on to say, "I farted. Sorry," making everyone around him burst into laughter. Psst, next time, don't announce to the world you're going to fart, Mansae. This is a little piece of advice on life. Just do it secretly. 

source : allkpop

• Like 4

[Drama Review] "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" Episode 5

photo675665.jpg

After a weird opening setpiece where Yeong-sil's personal problems and the greater political situation randomly come into violent agreement, we get a few interesting scenes of Yeong-sil trying to make a go of life with palace scientists. Yeong-sil ends up making enemies by stupidly expressing his opinion and then backing it up with factual evidence. That's a really big problem in a scientific infrastructure where qualifications are considered more relevant than facts.

This is an intriguing story point precisely because it cuts across time so well. World scientific history is full of embarassing fads where properly accredited scientists came up with ridiculous theories that went unchallenged for decades. The reason for this wasn't because armed goons would pop up out of nowhere and physically attack "Real" scientists. No, the problem was much more simply that educated people tend to be very bad when it comes to making cliques, even if they personally find the idea of cliques to be offensive.

That's what King Taejong's problem is. It's obvious that King Taejong doesn't like the status quo, and in fact has presaged his entire violent takeover of the government on the assumption that he could change things. But poor King Taejong simply can't figure out that his strong-arm tactics are what's encouraging various subordinates in all other kinds of random locations to rule by the same example.

It's clear at this point that King Sejong is going to be just as important as Yeong-sil in the grand scheme of things because it's King Sejong, the first Joseon King to be raised outside of Goryeo, that's going to figure out a new better way of running the government that will allow men like Yeong-sil to contribute to Korea rather than make repeated attempts to escape the country and do science somewhere else.

While all of this is interesting thematic territory, I have to admit upon watching "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" my immediate reaction was one of annoyance because Jang Yeong-sil feels like it should be more about talky politics and yet for reasons that remain unclear to me, the production team insists on filming lots of violent scenes. The threat of violence tends to make for of an impact in this context than for us to actually see it. Observe, for example, how King Taejong keeps managing to unintentionally menace people. In science or elsewhere, professional death is just as bad as the literal kind.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-jang-yeong-sil--drama-episode-5-90488.html

~~~~~~~~~~

[Drama Review] "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" Episode 6

photo676211.jpg

We start out with kidnapping and a swordfight, as I slowly resign myself to the fact that "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" really does seem committed to telling a standard political Korean drama story only the main character is a scientist for some reason. It's really bad timing for that, because "Six Flying Dragons" is already telling a fairly similar story, with several of the same historical characters, and "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" can't really measure up in comparison. Yeong-sil being a peripheral character to the action just makes it too hard to get invested.

The palace scenes are also just confusing enough that I'm left scratching my head as to what's going on. King Taejong and King Saejong wear the exact same outfits, and are addressed the exact same way by subordinate characters. In this episode that actually manages to happen even in the context of the same scene. I think, upon further reflection, that King Saejong is still just the crown prince although I'm not totally sure. King Taejong is definitely calling the shots though, whatever the official titles are.

There are still some good points, buried though they are amidst all the political plot. Yeong-sil finally meets So-hyeon again, and impresses her with his scientific power of whittling. For the record I don't think whittling is actually a skill that has anything to do with science but whatever. Anything that gives Yeong-sil an excuse to hang around with palace characters is a move in the right direction, because it's a move toward making Yeong-sil more relevant in the overall story. Right now he's just a backup character.

Although on another level, I'm going to be a little annoyed if Yeong-sil moves up through the ranks solely by making the right political connections. All the scientists and officials Yeong-sil has been fighting with up until now gained their positions through promotional systems based on social class and family status rather than actual qualifications. What makes Yeong-sil an interesting historical personage is that he was of the first group of people to gain access a high government rank by virtue of earned merit.

More and more I find myself unsure of what kind of story "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" is trying to tell. Although the real issue is more likely that the story elements I do recognize feel completely out of place in a story that started out with a young boy getting all glassy and moon-eyed over science. Yeong-sil is a man whose head is constantly turned toward the sky- so why is the focus on what's happening on Earth?

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-jang-yeong-sil--drama-episode-6-90502.html

• Like 5

We were really worried if Eng subs were available.   

Here's episode 1 in official KBS World YouTube: :grin:

- Ep.1: Eunbok, a maid's son, met his father, Jang Seonghwi, for the first time ten years after his birth. Jang Seonghwi give Eunbok the new name, Youngsil. In the meantime, Yi Bangwon wishes to have a successful Save the Sun Ritual to prove that he's the rightful king of Joseon.

:blush:

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Chellsee said:

[Drama Review] "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" Episode 5

photo675665.jpg

After a weird opening setpiece where Yeong-sil's personal problems and the greater political situation randomly come into violent agreement, we get a few interesting scenes of Yeong-sil trying to make a go of life with palace scientists. Yeong-sil ends up making enemies by stupidly expressing his opinion and then backing it up with factual evidence. That's a really big problem in a scientific infrastructure where qualifications are considered more relevant than facts.

This is an intriguing story point precisely because it cuts across time so well. World scientific history is full of embarassing fads where properly accredited scientists came up with ridiculous theories that went unchallenged for decades. The reason for this wasn't because armed goons would pop up out of nowhere and physically attack "Real" scientists. No, the problem was much more simply that educated people tend to be very bad when it comes to making cliques, even if they personally find the idea of cliques to be offensive.

That's what King Taejong's problem is. It's obvious that King Taejong doesn't like the status quo, and in fact has presaged his entire violent takeover of the government on the assumption that he could change things. But poor King Taejong simply can't figure out that his strong-arm tactics are what's encouraging various subordinates in all other kinds of random locations to rule by the same example.

It's clear at this point that King Sejong is going to be just as important as Yeong-sil in the grand scheme of things because it's King Sejong, the first Joseon King to be raised outside of Goryeo, that's going to figure out a new better way of running the government that will allow men like Yeong-sil to contribute to Korea rather than make repeated attempts to escape the country and do science somewhere else.

While all of this is interesting thematic territory, I have to admit upon watching "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" my immediate reaction was one of annoyance because Jang Yeong-sil feels like it should be more about talky politics and yet for reasons that remain unclear to me, the production team insists on filming lots of violent scenes. The threat of violence tends to make for of an impact in this context than for us to actually see it. Observe, for example, how King Taejong keeps managing to unintentionally menace people. In science or elsewhere, professional death is just as bad as the literal kind.

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-jang-yeong-sil--drama-episode-5-90488.html

~~~~~~~~~~

[Drama Review] "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" Episode 6

photo676211.jpg

We start out with kidnapping and a swordfight, as I slowly resign myself to the fact that "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" really does seem committed to telling a standard political Korean drama story only the main character is a scientist for some reason. It's really bad timing for that, because "Six Flying Dragons" is already telling a fairly similar story, with several of the same historical characters, and "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" can't really measure up in comparison. Yeong-sil being a peripheral character to the action just makes it too hard to get invested.

The palace scenes are also just confusing enough that I'm left scratching my head as to what's going on. King Taejong and King Saejong wear the exact same outfits, and are addressed the exact same way by subordinate characters. In this episode that actually manages to happen even in the context of the same scene. I think, upon further reflection, that King Saejong is still just the crown prince although I'm not totally sure. King Taejong is definitely calling the shots though, whatever the official titles are.

There are still some good points, buried though they are amidst all the political plot. Yeong-sil finally meets So-hyeon again, and impresses her with his scientific power of whittling. For the record I don't think whittling is actually a skill that has anything to do with science but whatever. Anything that gives Yeong-sil an excuse to hang around with palace characters is a move in the right direction, because it's a move toward making Yeong-sil more relevant in the overall story. Right now he's just a backup character.

Although on another level, I'm going to be a little annoyed if Yeong-sil moves up through the ranks solely by making the right political connections. All the scientists and officials Yeong-sil has been fighting with up until now gained their positions through promotional systems based on social class and family status rather than actual qualifications. What makes Yeong-sil an interesting historical personage is that he was of the first group of people to gain access a high government rank by virtue of earned merit.

More and more I find myself unsure of what kind of story "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" is trying to tell. Although the real issue is more likely that the story elements I do recognize feel completely out of place in a story that started out with a young boy getting all glassy and moon-eyed over science. Yeong-sil is a man whose head is constantly turned toward the sky- so why is the focus on what's happening on Earth?

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-jang-yeong-sil--drama-episode-6-90502.html

Does history say exactly the circumstances involving JYS rising to a famous scientist?  Whatever incidents being portrayed in the drama might somehow relevant or in reality, happened during his time.

• Like 2

Wow..so many events are happening all at once!  YSi already started, award shows..looking good!   I'm trying not to see all the photos/video til I watched or started YSI,..WHICH don't think its started here in the US?  I am checking at kbsworld every minutes.!

Keep fighting and keep them coming..

Waves to bad, ade, chell, ard, cutie, kb, moon, bag, winter, newbies...

SIK%20DUOLAC%20CF%202014%2014E_zpsrbel5x

• Like 7

It’s Minguk Versus His Bike on “The Return of Superman”

2049369438_505dc30e.gif

On the January 17 broadcast of KBS 2TV’s “The Return of Superman,” the Song triplets challenged themselves to riding bicycles for the first time.

In September of 2014, the triplets had learned to ride tricycles, albeit with a lot of difficulty. Now, Daehan, Minguk, and Manse are ready to throw out their baby wheels and try out their new bikes.

Daehan seemed to show the most effort among his brothers as he attempted his first bike ride while biting down hard on his lip. Minguk expressed serious disappointment and betrayal as he said, “The bike is not willing to go forward. Listen to Minguk! The bike is making me fall down!” Adding to this adorable chaos, Manse quickly lost interest and abandoned his bike in order to play with the park’s exercising equipment instead.

Fortunately, a couple of older neighborhood friends came to the park to help the triplets learn how to ride their bikes. Manse said to one older friend, “Since we are too little, we have to get on the bike this way. It makes me want to fart.” Minguk continued to complain about his bike’s rebellious ways as he said, “The bike keeps disrupting everything,” causing the older friends to laugh.

Make sure to check out “The Return of Superman,” which airs every Sunday at 4:50 p.m.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/18/its-minguk-versus-his-bike-on-the-return-of-superman/

• Like 8

7 hours ago, KonaBeans said:

The Song Family edition - Episode 112 - ENGLISH Subs

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-dQdF0UYficeWUxS3JvZnRJX2s

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Song Family edition - Episode 113 - ENGLISH Subs

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-dQdF0UYficak1uRDZUUWFoU0U

Wow!! Episode 113 even before KBS World broadcast! This is really really quick! Thanks for sharing!! But it also means that the episodes with Song triplets are really numbered. I don't think I can bear watch their final episode. :dissapointed_relieved::bawling:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lina26435 said:

Wow!! Episode 113 even before KBS World broadcast! This is really really quick! Thanks for sharing!! But it also means that the episodes with Song triplets are really numbered. I don't think I can bear watch their final episode. :dissapointed_relieved::bawling:

I got the 113 subs from other source than KBS World. :)

112's quality is not very good.  I'm working on a HD version and will re-upload it soon.

Regarding Jang Young Sil's subs, we're so head of KBS World with

Spoiler

dramacool.cc,

but I would still like to watch KBS subs to see if it is there're any differences. 

~~~~~~~~~~

- Ep.2: King Taejong couldn't trust the Astronomy Division after their prediction about the solar eclipse had been wrong. He decided to follow Jang Seonghwi's calculations this time and prepared for the Save the Sun Ritual again. In the meantime, while observing the moon, Youngsil found out that his father's calculations were wrong.

• Like 8