Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Guest Ranaaa

All this reminiscing about Song Appa and the triplets is getting me all teary. It's been 1 year. We've actually watched them grow up for one year. And that year has been of many ups and downs, trials and blessings. Song Appa is truly a Superman and the triplets are indeed angels. And Song Eomma who supports them even though she's behind the camera.

For 8 months Daehan supported his brothers and even now, he still takes care of them while appa is away. We sometimes forget that they are all the same age. That older by 4-minutes is such a difference. For a year Minguk battled with atopy disease. It's only natural that he doesn't like to get dirty or anything on his skin. But, he's one of the brightest 3.5 year olds we know. It's so scary to think that the doctors suggested to abort the tiniest one at first. And I'm glad the family decided not to. Look at Manse now. Carefree and such a mood-maker. 

Thank you Song family for letting KBS and us into your lives. Cheers to many more years of learning and growing with you.

Oh I didn't know the doctor first suggested to abort the tiniest one but I thought the doctor suggested to abort just one of them. Therefore, each time I remembered it, I used to tell myself : "let's assume one of them is not there." and when I thought about it, I really couldn't take one of them out; no way!

It is something that used to come to my mind and made me remind myself how much any of them is loveable. Sometimes as a teacher I wonder how good it would be to practice to grow that sincere feeling for all the kids. Just love them and do your best, be patient and have faith in them all; each of them has got a lot to show you ...

I saw in this episode (86) there's something wrong with SIG neck, it seem he got tense on his left neck. Hope it's alright now. Any body know what happen?

I have just watched the Chinese sub video clip of ROS Ep 86, SIK appa explained the stiff neck was due to a little twist over when he played with the triplets early in the morning before warming up. I think there is nothing serious...

• Like 8

For me, my Daehanie and our Mingukie have the best team work... :wub:

Minguk is undeniable the smartest one among the triplets but a little bit careless ( when he lost the money in a way back )...he needs someone like Daehan who is very meticulous ( he's found the money )...from that SIK appa mission is complished... :wub:

I've found these two also very caring for each other...when SIK appa asked Daehanie to bought shyke, Mingukie was companied and helped him...same case when SIK appa asked Mingukie to bought the ice creams, Daehanie was there too...

I love when SIK appa told them to found the money...he teaches them to be more responsible for anything and what amazed me is these two always listen and obey their father... :wub:

I love this combo too! Minguk-ie is so on shikye mission and remind Daehan-ie who want some eggs. Also when they finally bought the ice cream, the way they discussed what kind of ice cream they will get are so adorable. 

Song appa and omma really work their best to raise the triplets. It's getting more and more interesting and lovable to see them in ROS each week. It's like learning the parenting style from them :wub:

Poor Song appa. Hope his neck gets better.

Edited by chand4229
  • Like 6

It is amusing with SIK's grumbling...

My shirt will become longer (talking to Manse). Because of you guys, I can't put on nice clothing. People have been asking why I keep wearing the same clothes. Let them try bearing triplets and they will know the reason.

HgyhpXB.jpg

• Like 8

The attraction of "Sikheh"...

Even the "sharing is joy" Daehanie refused to let appa having a sip, he is engrossed in enjoying the drink.

zuteMFq.gif

Mingukie is definitely deeply attracted by the cold drink, apart from sipping left and right the two bottles of Sikheh before one was spilled off, he quickly grasped the full size one when appa went for getting the straw and cloth for cleaning the mess. When Manse asked for his Sikheh, Mingukie replied: yours is the spilled one. Hahaha!

HvyA70s.gif

• Like 10

Thank you for your replies. =)

Does anyone know if KBS World will eventually screen episodes 83 & 84? Coz today they showed episode 85 and my parents noticed they didn't show the continuation of the triathlon and also when the triplets first got to the grandma's house for their village trip.

All TROS episodes (including ep. 83, 84, 85) can be watched (and downloaded) with English subtitles on gooddrama.net

http://www.gooddrama.net/korean-drama/the-return-of-superman?page=1

They misspelled the number of the latest translated episode ( 88 :D instead of 85) but the content is of ep. 85.

• Like 4

It is amusing with SIK's grumbling...

My shirt will become longer (talking to Manse). Because of you guys, I can't put on nice clothing. People have been asking why I keep wearing the same clothes. Let them try bearing triplets and they will know the reason.

HgyhpXB.jpg

YAAAA MANSE.....

Your appa looks sexy. Thank you Manse hahahahahaha

• Like 8

Thank you for your replies. =)

Does anyone know if KBS World will eventually screen episodes 83 & 84? Coz today they showed episode 85 and my parents noticed they didn't show the continuation of the triathlon and also when the triplets first got to the grandma's house for their village trip.

All TROS episodes (including ep. 83, 84, 85) can be watched (and downloaded) with English subtitles on gooddrama.net

They misspelled the number of the latest translated episode ( 88 :D instead of 85) but the content is of ep. 85.

Thanks Celia for the links.  I'm amazed of how they can come up with English subs so quickly.

However, each episode is dissected into 4 parts and the quality is not good enough to download and edit for the Song family only.  With KBSWorld's recent change, in which they provide streaming subs only, without hard subs, I'm deeply disappointed that I won't be able to have the Song brothers cut with English subs. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Family with Two Sets of Twins Confirmed to Join “Superman Returns!”

lee-dong-gook-superman-returns.jpg

It has been revealed that “Superman Returns” will be welcoming a brand new family to the show!

On July 14, a representative of KBS’ variety department confirmed, “Lee Dong Gook will be joining ‘Superman Returns.’ None of the other families will be leaving the show. We will continue with a five-family structure.”

Lee Dong Gook is a professional soccer player and a father of five children, including two sets of twins. He tied the knot with his wife, Lee Soo Jin, in December of 2005, and in August of 2007, the couple had their first set of twin daughters. Then, in July of 2013, they gave birth to another set of twin daughters. After having two sets of twin daughters, Lee Dong Gook and his wife welcomed their youngest son into the world last year.

It has been revealed that Lee Dong Gook and his kids have already taken part in filming for the show.

Meanwhile, “Superman Returns” currently consists of Song Il Gook and his triplet sons, Lee Hwi Jae and his twin sons, Chu Sung Hoon and his daughter Sarang, and Uhm Tae Woong and his daughter Ji Ohn.

What are your thoughts on the addition of this new family?

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/13/new-family-with-two-sets-of-twins-to-join-superman-returns/

With 5 families in a slot of 90 minutes, the Song family will have less screentime.  This could means KBS is preparing to have the Song family slowly exit the show.  Or with less airtime, Song appa will have more time on the new drama.

• Like 8

Thanks Celia for the links.  I'm amazed of how they can come up with English subs so quickly.

However, each episode is dissected into 4 parts and the quality is not good enough to download and edit for the Song family only.  With KBSWorld's recent change, in which they provide streaming subs only, without hard subs, I'm deeply disappointed that I won't be able to have the Song brothers cut with English subs. :(

As pointed in the ROS thread by @Ranaaa , there is another link with English subs and you can choose for a HD version (resolution of 1280x720):

http://www.dramaonline.us/drama-info/the-return-of-superman.html

The only thing I don't like is too many logos on the video, affecting the look of the GIFs I am making.

95drkL6.jpg

• Like 6

New Family with Two Sets of Twins Confirmed to Join “Superman Returns!”

With 5 families in a slot of 90 minutes, the Song family will have less screentime.  This could means KBS is preparing to have the Song family slowly exit the show.  Or with less airtime, Song appa will have more time on the new drama.

I hope it is the 2nd scenario, only to reduce the airtime...KBS, please.

If the Song family were to exit the show, let it be in end 2015...KBS, please.

ZzopOCm.jpg

• Like 7

I hope it is the 2nd scenario, only to reduce the airtime...KBS, please.

If the Song family were to exit the show, let it be in end 2015...KBS, please.

Oh no... ROS  would seriously lose many viewers and the rating will not be as good as now if they will remove the Song Family. :(

• Like 5

KBS knew that if Triplets suddenly leave the show it would be drop the rating so they come up with new scenario : Let the new family with 5 children join in! They may be steal the attention of the viewers and slowly get over with Triplets. 

YOU WISH KBS!! YOU WISH!!!!! 

• Like 5

Looks daddy Song Il Kook and the triplets celebrated their 1 year anniversary in Superman. :wub:

The picture was taken from their home.

11745401_1616330725282217_13729383785359

Sorry for posting and sharing below picture here.

The boys are being loved by so many. Those gifts were from DC.Gall active fans.

Full credit back to owner.

11709667_1616334818615141_30269598681317

• Like 12

Have just read a piece of good news at the ROS thread which is based on the article of the below link:

http://www.allthatstar.com/view.php?action=304&postID=110629

SIK has denied the rumours saying he and our lovely triplets are leaving ROS, YES!!!

Hi adelinetew, I feel happy with this update. But, I wonder if how he is going to manage his time when he's going to be part of KBS‘ drama “Jang Young Sil. But, wait - did he accept this drama already? If so, I am curious to see what decision SIG will make later on. Of course, I still would like him to continue joining this variety show with his triplets..... However, in case, it all depends on the decision SIG will make.

:P

• Like 6

“Superman Returns” PD Says They Do Not Know If Song Il Kook Will Step Down From the Show

“Superman Returns” PD Says They Do Not Know If Song Il Gook Will Step Down From the Show

After confirming that a new family will be joining the show, “Superman Returns” producer Kang Bong Kyu announced that the show cannot be having any of its current families leave.

During a call with news site MyDaily, PD Kang Bong Kyu said, “Lee Dong Gook has decided to appear on the show, but due to his schedule, he cannot participate regularly like the other parents. So we are currently in a situation where the current members cannot step down.”

He continued, “Many people are wondering if a family will be leaving with the addition of Lee Dong Gook, but currently, Lee Dong Gook can only participate in limited ways. He needs to take days off to shoot for the show. We think it may be difficult for him to be a regular on the program.”

Regarding Song Il Kook, who was earlier reported to be possibly stepping down from “Superman Returns” to be part of KBS‘ drama “Jang Young Sil,” the producer commented, “As of now, he has not talked to us about the drama or stepping down from the show,” adding, “I am also curious to see what decision Song Il Kook will make.”

He further stated that he would like to continue working with Song Il Kook and the triplets. “Truthfully, I DO want to continue working with him. This is probably the same for our staff and the viewers. However, it all depends on the decision Song Il Gook will make.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/14/superman-returns-pd-says-they-do-not-know-if-song-il-gook-will-step-down-from-the-show/

Edited by Chellsee
  • Like 8