Lee Do Hyun 이도현 | Drama 2023: The Good Bad Mother

agenth

Song Hye Kyo And “The Glory” Writer Kim Eun Sook Share Intriguing Insights Into Part 2 Ahead Of Premiere

Song Hye Kyo And “The Glory” Writer Kim Eun Sook Share Intriguing Insights Into Part 2 Ahead Of Premiere

The anticipation for the release of “The Glory Part 2” is ever-rising!

First released this past December, “The Glory” is hit writer Kim Eun Sook’s newest project that tells the story of a former victim of brutal school violence who swears revenge on her bullies after becoming the elementary school homeroom teacher of her bully’s kid. Song Hye Kyo stars as the vengeful protagonist Moon Dong Eun, while Lee Do Hyun plays the complicated male lead Joo Yeo Jeong. Lim Ji Yeon leads the posse of Moon Dong Eun’s school bullies as Park Yeon Jin, alongside Park Sung Hoon, Cha Joo Young, Kim Hieora, and Kim Gun Woo.

Spoilers

On March 8, Song Hye Kyo joined writer Kim Eun Sook and director Ahn Kil Ho at the press conference for “The Glory” Part 2.

Kim Eun Sook opened up by saying, “I’m so excited about how things have turned out to the point where it’s getting a bit worrisome. Since the viewers kept loving the series, I looked over the script for Part 2 again. I was even more scared. As expected, it is a darn good script.”

She added, “At [the previous] press conference, I revealed that ‘The Glory’ all began with a question from my daughter.

The question was whether I’d rather have her be beaten up to no end or beat someone else up to no end. As I wrote ‘The Glory,’ I kept looking for an answer to the question within myself. And I realized that a solution would be achievable in being beaten up to no end. Because what I have is the money to take the perpetrators to hell.” She continued, “But that’s not the case for Dong Eun. The Dong Euns of this world don’t have the rich parents or family. I wanted to be of strength to them. So I tried to take the story toward the direction of Dong Eun’s revenge coming to fruition. As for how it ends, please watch it yourself.”

The-Glory-1-1.jpeg

Song Hye Kyo explained how she grew into her character as the series went on, saying, “As you move on to the latter half of the series, you’ll see that I’ve become 100 percent become Moon Dong Eun. I was able to act naturally and accordingly to the scenes. Those were times when I was in sync with the actors 120 percent.” The actress also hinted that Part 2 will be filled with scenes that give viewers goosebumps with immaculate acting.

Since the event was intended to satiate viewers’ curiosities, Song Hye Kyo also shared a more personal aspect. That is, her dog, which she took to set on days where the scenes were not too intense. She said, “One day, Lee Do Hyun also brought his dog, so we had the two dogs meet. But my dog didn’t like Lee Do Hyun’s dog. Later, [my dog] didn’t like Lee Do Hyun either. So eventually, Lee Do Hyun started avoiding my dog.”

Another point of interest was the amount of special effects makeup she had to undergo to portray the scars Moon Dong Eun got while being bullied. She explained, “Dong Eun has burn scars, which took a very long time to create. The process took four to five hours, and I was undressed the whole time.” She added, “I went on a diet for that specific scene, only eating bananas for the three days leading up to it. The day before, I didn’t even drink water. And that was where my body was at when I went through the makeup. I felt like absolute death. Since my body was going through so much, the scene itself turned out great. My skin acted up from having the makeup done so often.”

She wrapped up the talk by saying, “I’ve been so grateful and happy to act as Moon Dong Eun. It was a painful and tough time trying to portray her but just as meaningful because I can show that people like her are also capable and that there is hope. I was so happy while acting as her.”

“The Glory Part 2″ premieres via Netflix on March 10. Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1571732wpp/song-hye-kyo-and-the-glory-writer-kim-eun-sook-share-intriguing-insights-into-part-2-ahead-of-premiere

Lee Do Hyun Is Ra Mi Ran’s Entire World In Heartwarming New Drama “The Good Bad Mother”

Lee Do Hyun Is Ra Mi Ran’s Entire World In Heartwarming New Drama “The Good Bad Mother”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Good Bad Mother” has dropped an intriguing new poster!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming new comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. It was confirmed in January that Ra Mi Ran will be playing the role of the “bad mother” Young Soon, with Lee Do Hyun playing her son Kang Ho. Ahn Eun Jin will also star in the drama as Lee Mi Joo, Kang Ho’s longtime friend and sole support system, who moves back to her hometown due to financial struggles.

The drama will be helmed by director Shim Na Yeon of “Beyond Evil” and written by scriptwriter Bae Se Young of “Life Is Beautiful,” “Extreme Job,” and “Intimate Strangers.” In addition to the leads, the drama will also star Yoo In Soo, Jung Woong InChoi Moo Sung, Seo Yi Sook, Jang Won Young, Kang Mal Geum, and more.

The newly released poster captivates with the stark contrast between the mother-son duo. Young Soon and Kang Ho take a commemorative photo in front of a bright pig barn. Kang Ho is dressed in a clean-cut suit, looking tidy from head to toe, and in his hands are a certificate and a bouquet of flowers. Meanwhile, Young Soon is smiling brightly as she holds tightly on to Kang Ho who has returned with great news. However, Kang Ho does not even have a trace of a smile on his face, raising questions about their relationship. Furthermore, the text, “Every mom in the world is bad,” adds to the intrigue.

The-Good-Bad-Mother-2.jpeg

Young Soon raised her son on her own while running a pig farm, and she became a “bad mom” in order to not pass on her hardships to her son. Ra Mi Ran will resonate with viewers as she depicts Young Soon’s transformation into a mother who becomes more strict the more sorry she is.

Kang Ho had no choice to base his life on his mother’s plans, and he eventually become a cold-hearted prosecutor. He turned away from even his mom in order to chase after success, but he becomes a child once again due to an unexpected accident and starts life anew with his mom.

The production team shared that the story of the mother-son duo will touch viewers with refreshing warmth, asking viewers to tune in to their special journey of finding their lost happiness.

“The Good Bad Mother” will have a total of 14 episodes and premiere on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1572809wpp/lee-do-hyun-is-ra-mi-rans-entire-world-in-heartwarming-new-drama-the-good-bad-mother

Lee Do Hyun In Talks To Make Special Appearance In Seo In Guk And Park So Dam’s New Drama

Lee Do Hyun In Talks To Make Special Appearance In Seo In Guk And Park So Dam’s New Drama

Lee Do Hyun may be appearing in another upcoming drama!

On March 16, Sports Chosun reported that the actor will be making a special appearance in the upcoming drama “Death’s Game” (working title).

In response to the report, Lee Do Hyun’s agency Yuehua Entertainment commented, “Lee Do Hyun was offered to make a special appearance in the new drama ‘Death’s Game’ due to his connection with the director, and he is positively reviewing the offer.”

Based on a popular webtoon, “Death’s Game” tells the story of a man who gets more than one second chance at life after facing death. Seo In Guk will take on the role of Choi Yi Jae who goes back and forth between life and death 12 times, while Park So Dam will play the role of Death, a mysterious being who sentences Choi Yi Jae to 12 times of life and death right before he is about to fall down to hell.

“Death’s Game” will be directed by Ha Byung Hoon, who Lee Do Hyun previously worked with on the drama “18 Again.” In addition to Lee Do Hyun, actors including Lee Jae Wook, Choi Siwon, Jang Seung Jo, and Sung Hoon are in talks to make special appearances reportedly as the different lives of Choi Yi Jae.

Stay tuned for updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1573013wpp/lee-do-hyun-in-talks-to-make-special-appearance-in-seo-in-guk-and-park-so-dams-new-drama

Spoiler

Lee Do Hyun Talks About His “The Glory” Character, Chemistry With Song Hye Kyo, And More

Lee Do Hyun Talks About His “The Glory” Character, Chemistry With Song Hye Kyo, And More

“The Glory” star Lee Do Hyun has joined Cosmopolitan for a new pictorial and interview!

First released this past December, “The Glory” is hit writer Kim Eun Sook’s newest project that tells the story of a former victim of brutal school violence who swears revenge on her bullies after becoming the elementary school homeroom teacher of her bully’s kid. Song Hye Kyo stars as the vengeful protagonist Moon Dong Eun, while Lee Do Hyun plays the complicated male lead Joo Yeo Jeong.

Joo Yeo Jeong is a character with a lot of narratives: he is a plastic surgeon who plays Go, experienced the painful loss of his father, and voluntarily becomes an accomplice in taking revenge of a woman he loves. When asked about how he felt reading the script for the first time, Lee Do Hyun recalled, “There was no ending in the script, so every scene was like a mystery for me. There were so many questions about the character, so I asked writer Kim Eun Sook [about the character], but she told me, ‘Don’t worry. It will all be revealed later.'”

Lee Do Hyun added, “I hoped viewers found Yeo Jeong mysterious as well. Even in romantic scenes, I had to act without overdoing it but also not be too stingy with expressions [at the same time]. When starting filming, I discussed with Song Hye Kyo, the director, and the writer to adjust the level [of emotions]. Most parts were improvised on the spot, but the tuning process was fun.”

lee-do-hyun-01.jpg

When asked about his chemistry with Song Hye Kyo, Lee Do Hyun shared, “I’ve learned a lot [from her]. Screen acting is different from stage acting, so there are a lot of restrictions on the movement because the [camera] angle is fixed. It was always difficult for me to move as little as possible but to extract the maximum energy [within the shot]. Song Hye Kyo is an actress who is really good at that. Her emotions are conveyed so well without having to express herself. This is a bit contradictory, but I thought, ‘She is a real acting master.'”

lee-do-hyun-02.jpg

Lee Do Hyun shared that his tone of voice is the fruits of his practice and effort. He commented, “My high school friends ask me a lot about why my voice changed. I went through a lot of training and picked up various vocal techniques while preparing to apply for the theatre and film department. It’s not like my original voice is gone completely. But it’s like the tone of voice I mainly use has been settled down with this tone. If I were to take on a flippant character, I might act with my original tone of voice. Being able to change my tone of voice depending on the characters has become my weapon.”

lee-do-hyun-03.jpg

Lee Do Hyun’s full pictorial and interview will be available in the April issue of Cosmopolitan Korea.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1573326wpp/lee-do-hyun-talks-about-his-the-glory-character-chemistry-with-song-hye-kyo-and-more

Watch: Lee Do Hyun And Ra Mi Ran Are Mother And Son Who Struggle To Find True Happiness In Life In “The Good Bad Mother” Teaser

Watch: Lee Do Hyun And Ra Mi Ran Are Mother And Son Who Struggle To Find True Happiness In Life In “The Good Bad Mother” Teaser

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Good Bad Mother” has finally dropped its first teaser!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming new comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. Ra Mi Ran will be playing the role of the “bad mother” Jin Young Soon, with Lee Do Hyun playing her son Choi Kang Ho. Ahn Eun Jin will also star in the drama as Lee Mi Joo, Kang Ho’s longtime friend and sole support system, who moves back to her hometown due to financial struggles.

The trailer begins with a truck loaded with pigs entering a village as someone narrates, “Once upon a time, there’s a woman named Young Soon who came to Jowoori village.” Getting out of the driver’s seat is the heavily pregnant Young Soon. When her son is born, Young Soon and her husband (played by Jo Jin Woong) named him Choi Kang Ho in hope that he will become someone who is competent, strong, and powerful. However, when Young Soon eventually has to raise Kang Ho on her own while running a pig farm, she becomes a “bad mom” in order to not pass on her hardships to her son.

The teaser then gives glimpses of Young Soon’s tough love parenting as she can be seen repeatedly putting her son under pressure by saying, “If you study hard and become a prosecutor, no one can look down on you or bully you,” and “Why would you let someone ruin your life?!” To his mom’s harsh words, Kang Ho replies with tears in his eyes, “‘My’ life? When do I ever have ‘my’ life?”

In the following scenes, Kang Ho is now a cold-hearted prosecutor and has his life based on his mother’s plans. However, in a sudden turn of events, the teaser hints at an upcoming huge change in the son and mother’s life as Kang Ho is now lying in the hospital while Young Soon tearfully remarks, “This is an opportunity from heaven. It’s an opportunity for us to restart our life from the beginning.” The trailer ends with the final question, “Can Kang Ho and Young Soon be happy again?”

Check out the full trailer below:

The drama will be helmed by director Shim Na Yeon of “Beyond Evil” and written by scriptwriter Bae Se Young of “Life Is Beautiful,” “Extreme Job,” and “Intimate Strangers.” In addition to the leads, the drama will also star Yoo In Soo, Jung Woong In, Choi Moo Sung, Seo Yi Sook, Jang Won Young, Kang Mal Geum, and more.

“The Good Bad Mother” will have a total of 14 episodes and premiere on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1574688wpp/watch-lee-do-hyun-and-ra-mi-ran-are-mother-and-son-who-struggle-to-find-true-happiness-in-life-in-the-good-bad-mother-teaser

Lee Do Hyun Is Unrecognizably Different After An Unexpected Accident In “The Good Bad Mother”

Lee Do Hyun Is Unrecognizably Different After An Unexpected Accident In “The Good Bad Mother”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Good Bad Mother” has unveiled its main posters!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming new comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again.

Ra Mi Ran will star as Young Soon, a single mom who was widowed at a young age and raised her son Kang Ho (Lee Do Hyun) by herself while running a pig farm. Because she didn’t want her son to grow up penniless or powerless, Young Soon chose to become a “bad mother” by constantly being hard on her son and taking the “tough love” approach in raising him.

Thanks to Young Soon’s merciless discipline, Kang Ho has no choice but to live his life exactly the way his mother wants, and he grows up to become a prominent prosecutor with a cold personality and a hidden secret. In his relentless quest for success, Kang Ho even turns his back on his mother—but when he loses his memory due to an unfortunate accident, he returns home after reverting to his seven-year-old self.

The newly released posters offer a glimpse of the stark contrast between Kang Ho before and after the accident. On one side of the poster, Kang Ho glares at the camera with an intimidating poker face that hints at his frosty demeanor as a prosecutor. But on the other side, he couldn’t be more different: after the accident, Kang Ho wears an innocent smile and exudes a cheerful, happy-go-lucky vibe.

Meanwhile, Young Soon—who stands between the two polar-opposite versions of her son—looks troubled as she visibly struggles with conflicting emotions. Although she is overwhelmed with guilt, it is her guilt that drives her to ultimately make a difficult choice: for the sake of Kang Ho’s recovery, Young Soon makes up her mind to become a “bad mother” once again.

One poster caption reads, “I’ll become a bad mom one more time,” while the other cryptically reads, “All the moms in the world are bad.”

The-Good-Bad-Mother-1.jpg

The producers of “The Good Bad Mother” teased, “Please look forward to finding out what the decisive accident is that irrevocably changes Young Soon’s and Kang Ho’s lives, as well as Ra Mi Ran’s and Lee Do Hyun’s passionate acting as they portray the changes in the mother-son duo in fine detail.”

“At the end of their misfortune, the two characters will begin to find happiness,” they continued. “Their special journey will include both fun laughs and touching moments that will make you tear up.”

“The Good Bad Mother” will premiere on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1574837wpp/lee-do-hyun-is-unrecognizably-different-after-an-unexpected-accident-in-the-good-bad-mother

Lee Do Hyun, Ahn Eun Jin, And Ra Mi Ran Reunite In Their Hometown In New Drama “The Good Bad Mother”

Lee Do Hyun, Ahn Eun Jin, And Ra Mi Ran Reunite In Their Hometown In New Drama “The Good Bad Mother”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Good Bad Mother” has released a new poster of its three leads!

“The Good Bad Mother” is a heartwarming new comedy about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. Ra Mi Ran will star as Young Soon, a single mom who was widowed at a young age and raised her son Kang Ho (Lee Do Hyun) by herself while running a pig farm. Because she didn’t want her son to grow up penniless or powerless, Young Soon chose to become a “bad mother” by constantly being hard on her son and taking the “tough love” approach in raising him.

Thanks to Young Soon’s merciless discipline, Kang Ho grows up to become a prominent prosecutor with a cold personality who turns his back on his mother—but when he loses his memory due to an unfortunate accident, he returns home after reverting to his seven-year-old self. For the sake of Kang Ho’s recovery, Young Soon makes up her mind to become a “bad mother” once again.

Meanwhile, Ahn Eun Jin will star in the drama as Mi Joo, Kang Ho’s longtime friend and sole support system, who moves back to her hometown due to financial struggles.

In the drama’s new poster, the three characters are unexpectedly reunited in their rural hometown, where they bask in the warm glow of sunlight on the front step of Young Soon’s house. In contrast to his usual closed-off demeanor, the post-accident Kang Ho looks happy and relaxed as he enjoys his moment of rest, while Mi Joo watches him with a fond smile.

The caption suggests that the trio might finally be on track to finding happiness, reading, “This April, we’ll find the happiness that’s been lost.”

The-Good-Bad-Mother-3.jpg

The producers of “The Good Bad Mother” commented, “Please keep an eye on Kang Ho as he finds happiness for the first time in his second life, as well as the stories of Young Soon and Mi Joo, who will accompany him on this beautiful journey.”

“The Good Bad Mother” will premiere on April 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1576487wpp/lee-do-hyun-ahn-eun-jin-and-ra-mi-ran-reunite-in-their-hometown-in-new-drama-the-good-bad-mother

Breaking: “The Glory” Co-Stars Lee Do Hyun And Lim Ji Yeon Confirm They’re Dating

Breaking: “The Glory” Co-Stars Lee Do Hyun And Lim Ji Yeon Confirm They’re Dating

Updated April 1 KST:

It’s official: Lee Do Hyun and Lim Ji Yeon are confirmed to be dating!

On April 1, Lim Ji Yeon’s agency Artist Company confirmed Dispatch’s report of their romantic relationship, stating, “Lim Ji Yeon and Lee Do Hyun have gone from being close colleagues to the stage of cautiously getting to know one another better with positive feelings.”

They added, “We’d be grateful if you’d look warmly upon [their relationship].”

Meanwhile, Lee Do Hyun’s agency Yuehua Entertainment similarly remarked, “After spending some time as close colleagues, the two of them developed an interest in one another, and they are cautiously getting to know another.”

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Source (1) (2)

Original Article:

Lee Do Hyun and Lim Ji Yeon are reportedly in a relationship!

On April 1, Dispatch reported that the two “The Glory” co-stars began dating after meeting on the set of their hit drama. According to the report, the couple first became interested in one another after a cast trip last summer.

Dispatch also published photos that it claims are of the two actors traveling to and from dates together. One set of photos is said to be of the couple in the parking lot of Lee Do Hyun’s apartment building, where they reportedly took photos of a small snowman that they made together after placing it on top of Lee Do Hyun’s car.

According to Dispatch, Lee Do Hyun personally escorted Lim Ji Yeon home after a “The Glory” cast-and-crew dinner in January that was attended by fellow cast members Song Hye Kyo, Park Sung Hoon, Yeom Hye Ran, Jung Sung Il, Kim Hieora, Cha Joo Young, and Kim Gun Woo, as well as the drama’s writer Kim Eun Sook. He is also said to have referred to himself as “Lim Ji Yeon’s manager,” and the report suggests that their actual managers were aware of their relationship.

Additionally, the couple is reported to have enjoyed a sweet chocolate date together on White Day (a romantic holiday celebrated in Korea on March 14) in Lee Do Hyun’s neighborhood.

Both Lee Do Hyun’s and Lim Ji Yeon’s agencies have since responded to the report by stating that they are in “in the midst of checking” whether it’s true.

Lee-Do-Hyun-Lim-Ji-Yeon-2.jpgLim-Ji-Yeon-Lee-Do-Hyun-2.jpg

Spoiler

Lim-Ji-Yeon-Lee-Do-Hyun-3.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Do-Hyun-1.jpgLim-Ji-Yeon-Lee-Do-Hyun-4.jpgLee-Do-Hyun-Lim-Ji-Yeon-3.jpg

Stay tuned for updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1576724wpp/breaking-the-glory-co-stars-lee-do-hyun-and-lim-ji-yeon-reportedly-dating

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 images per post. Please put any other images in the spoiler tag. Thanks!