Kojic Acid Soap

Guest kawaiiprincess

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest whizzer's_rose

I'm using the kojic papaya soap and it's VERY effective- people has been complementing me how fair I am now.....

Guest jaked

hmmm...

i heard kojic acid is an unstable chemical.

It breaks down easily when it's exposed to air so kojic dipalmitate is usually used instead.

Guest Rockette

I use two types of Kojic Acid Soap.

Kojie-san and one by Diane Stadler. :P

They're safe and effective. Kojic acid is the by-product of the fermentation process of rice wine. It's used in many types of cosmetics and is safe to use. I find it effective in treating mild cases of acne and it lightens unsightly pigmentation as well.

-johdirockette

Guest Pandaa012

AHHH does anyone know where to buy this besides ebay???

or if anyone is planning on doing a survey for these please pm me!!!

Guest Madoki

it's like papaya soap and i use it myself and it'sa safe just don't leave it on too long and rinse.

Guest !Lei

IT CAUSES CANCER

in lab rats only.

either way, I think it works, people have been complementing on my fair skin. XD

Guest MeriendaTime

I've used Likas in the past...but have stopped using it since.

I just bought 3 bars of Diana Stalder for 31 dollars + shipping. ><

I hope it works.

Guest pour dieu

I've been using Diana Stalder Kojic Papaya soap for the last month and I've been seeing better results than when I used Likas in the past. I bought it off eBay and it's the most I've ever paid for bar soap (~$7 a bar) but I think it's worth it. There's only one authorized/authentic eBay reseller in America and I will continue to buy more.

I don't have sensitive skin, and I probably WOULD NOT recommend it for anyone who does. First of all, the soap makes your skin peel (they claim this is a microexfoliating effect)...So it might feel tight or dry. It doesn't peel even half as bad as if you ever had sunburn, but it's a noticeable peeling an can easily be treated with moisturizer--which is what you should do when using whitening products anyway. This exfoliation worked wonders on my elbows and knuckles which were kind of dry and darker than my normal tone. Second, I like to leave the soap on for a few minutes, and the first time that I used it, the skin on my inner elbows was irritated and had tiny red spots. I actually fell asleep in the tub for about 20 minutes if that helps, but I don't have this reaction anymore (I leave it on for about 5 minutes).

The person I bought my soap from actually suggested using Kojic soap before Glutathione soap (which is a stronger whitening agent based soap) because of the peeling effect and would create better results. I have the Diana Stalder Gluathione soap but I haven't tried it yet since I'm still on my first bar of the Kojic.

aha this reminds me of the first time i bought whitening soap XD diana stalder's and no directions in sight (washed it right off after applying, wise little me)

ds's soap is probably quite helpful if used correctly, and my skin was kinda irritated at first (patches of dry skin)

i'm looking to try kojic acid since papaya does absolutely nothing for me XD

Guest yy28

i've used kojic acid soap before and it worked for me...

i have oily skin and a case of acne (w/ pimple scars). it did helped in whitening my skin and i got less pimples after using this...

• 8 months later...
Guest sweetfantasy09

i bought the soap off ebay. well, it has been 2 months using it and i am still on my first bar. haha! i cut the soap into 6 small portions; hence it lasts me longer. after some time using the soap, the soap texture will reach to one kinda soggy texture where it feels like a melting texture. haha!

anyway, friends have seen the changes in my complexion.. i mean i am a fair skin person originally but now it's like fairer. O_o

my acne dark spots have lighten tremendously but one thing i want to strip off from its claim is, it will help to prevent acne, which i find false claim in this. haha! i still get breakouts but not as much or as often as before. i just got 2 breakouts on my cheek T__T but all my other older dark spots have lighten tremendously and ijust wish it could help to diminish it totally!! regain my skin like once it's used to be. i don't find it drying though.. becaus ei always use toner and moisturizer after using it

i gave some to my mom to try as well and i can see some lighten in her pigmentation too but hasn't completely clear out.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest projectcoma

I use kojie-san Dream White anti-aging soap and so far its awesome my skin is getting whiter and softer from each use. :) *is using it for a month now*

^ ask and you shall receive

2efufzn.jpg

the leftmost pic is actually like...5 months ago.

And my current shade right now is...like NW30 for under my eyes, but it's too dark for my cheeks.

Just as a reference.

EDIT: the lighting's all messed up. then again, I HATED taking pics of me when I was still dark, and that was the eww-est dark photo I found of me. T-T That dark photo of me, as I remember, I took it with flash in a desperate attempt to "lighten" me up in the pic. I even had it "UP CLOSE" to make sure I got lighter. And you can imagine the darkness of the skin color if it looked like that even with flash up close! XD

Guest halcyondays

i used the Diane Stalder soap for a few months and my skin got substantially lighter. my acne cleared as well. on the other hand it was suuuuuuuuper drying, and had to use a super think moisturizer just to keep my skin from becoming a desert. and at least spf 30 sunblock is necessary as well, since it also increases skin sensitivity to sunlight.

it got to be too much trouble in the end and i stopped using it, since my parents were saying that i was starting to look too pale, lol. still have about 3/4 of a bar left. =P

Archived