1129956162_cast.jpg

Wind blows in my soul.

Perhaps... it is love.

A sign that first love has just begun

" A High Sea Waves Warning "

Coming Soon !!!

credits: hyebaragi.com

**thanx to yukie

^Thanks a lot gal! I was just wondering who are the remaining casts. :) I've reposted it on the Blue Alert thread if you don't mind! Thanks again!

No problem Amy... BTW, d'ya receive ma email huh last Thurs? Am pretty sure ye'll laugh' till ya drop! :lol:

Star-studded `Sad Movie` not so sad

[코리아헤럴드 2005.10.13 01:10:18]

When a reporter bluntly said "Sad Movie" was "not sad enough," many eyebrows were raised at the news conference following a press preview Tuesday. Director Kwon Jong-gwan and top actors seemed embarrassed. Sadly enough, however, it`s a hard-to-counter argument: the omnibus-style melodrama is not so sad.

But it`s too early to entirely discount "Sad Movie," a second film of director Kwon who garnered positive reviews with his debut feature "S Diary." After all, the film has pulled off a feat of putting together seven of the country`s top-rated actors. This is remarkable, not least considering that the continuing boom of the Korean movie industry has made it hard for directors to recruit even one or two heavyweight actors for their projects.

Just think about a movie in which Jung Woo-sung, one of Korea`s heartthrobs with a winning smile, Cha Tae-hyun, the very guy who sparked the Korea Wave with "My Sassy Girl," and rising female stars like Im Su-jeong and Shin Min-ah are working together. Even veteran actress Yeom Jeong-ah pitches in. Truly, it`s a star-studded cast that will likely make other directors envious.

But the virtue of the film ends just there. As the simple yet symbolic title suggests, the movie is chiefly intended to make viewers cry. During the autumn season, Korean cinema is usually awash with such outright tear-jerking melodramas. "Sad Movie," however, has too many characters, too many disparate stories and not enough dramatic elements that could strike a chord with the sentimental audiences who are more than willing to cry out loud.

In the film, four loosely connected episodes trudge along simultaneously. Firefighter Jin-woo (Jung Woo-sung) is dating a sign-language interpreter Su-jeong (Im Su-jeong), whose younger sister Su-eun (Shin Min-ah) cannot speak. But Su-eun is cheerful, and has a crush on a street portrait painter Sang-gyu (Lee Ki-woo). Ha-seok (Cha Tae-hyun) wants to be a real boxer but has yet to win any game; his girlfriend Suk-hyeon (Son Tae-young), a discount store cashier, thinks Ha-seok`s obscure future is hopeless. Ju-young (Yeom Jeong-ah) is a working mother, but she`s too busy to take care of her lonely son Hui-chan (Yeo Jin-gu).

The key dots that connect the four different stories are the family relations that put together the two sisters, and Cha`s newfound telegram job of telling people that their loved ones want to break up for various reasons. But even a generous viewer might wonder why the four stories should be squeezed into a single film. Why not just focus on one?

Of course, the underlying assumption is that relationships take many forms, and each unique story also has a universal element that inevitably reflects the multifarious nature of human behavior.

The boxer-cashier story, for instance, is unique in its own right. Ha-seok does not have much hope to become a successful boxer but he`s internet-savvy and resourceful. He starts a new business when his girlfriend complains about their abysmal situation: during the three years of their relationship, she says, nothing has changed and they remain at the lower end of the social hierarchy, with little money to spend.

Ha-seok`s job is to receive requests from people on the internet and personally deliver the break-up message to their erstwhile partners. In the process, he gets beaten up and screamed at. But he believes it`s alright since making money for his girlfriend is much more important than the harsh act of notifying the devastating messages to people.

While Ha-seok`s episode looks too imaginative, Yeom Jung-ah`s Ju-young represents a growing number of Korean working mothers who have to bear too many burdens at the same time. More and more women get full-time jobs, but they are also required to clean the house and bring up children, while men`s role does not change. And the busy schedule of such mothers means more kids have to play by themselves.

The firefighter story is a typical melodrama. Rescuing people from fires is always risky. No wonder Su-jeong is nervous all the time, even when she interprets the television news program, which is full of such accidents on a daily basis. A tragic turn is so widely expected that when the moment actually comes, the impact is strangely weak and twisted.

The episode involving mute Su-eun is cartoonish, seemingly targeting female audiences who read such romantic comic books avidly. Su-eun works at a theme park, dressed up as Snow White, putting on a huge mask and costume, and wants to date with a good-looking painter, who is cute and shy. To help realize the pure-hearted girl`s dream, the Seven Dwarves take steps to offer a help. This setting is indeed romantic, but the very fairy-tale nature makes it hard to buy it as a plausible story.

All the stories come to a sad ending, but the pace seems too slow to bear for the audiences who want to cry fast and get it over quickly. Dreamy camera shots dominate the film, fuzzy and creamy colors decorating the scenes - too often and too much.

A positive fact is that two female actors - Im Su-jeong and Shin Min-ah - have proved their potential and are likely to get a number of requests to star in other films. Im, in particular, exhibit temptingly sad eyes and delicate features that are expected to draw in mainly male moviegoers.

In recent days, Korea`s major music videos adopt similar formulas. Fuzzy yet beautiful backgrounds add to dramatic effects, while a beautiful girl (or boy) is briefly in love before facing a tragic ending. It works for the music video genre, but when four of them are artificially pieced together in a melodrama film, it doesn`t.

(insight@heraldm.com)

By Yang Sung-jin

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...101301101897985

hello to all. new CTH fan here <_< i finally got to watch my sassy girl yesterday. i didn't know who CTH was (neither who JJH was), until yesterday. after watching for the first time, i thought they were pretty good and hilarious. CTH was also on windstruck? saw that one too, but which one was he? sorry..

Here's a Blue Alert clip that shows part of the making... :)

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/movie/making/2005/11/parang_mf_300k.wmv

No problem Amy... BTW, d'ya receive ma email huh last Thurs? Am pretty sure ye'll laugh' till ya drop! :lol:

I just saw it!! It's hilarious!!! :lol: I think both are very talented! ^_^

Anyway, I found out more about CTH and SHK in the Philippines. They're in Cebu I think, to film this scuba-diving cum dating scene. They're at this Bohol or Boholu island I think... Do you know where this is?

hello to all. new CTH fan here <_< i finally got to watch my sassy girl yesterday. i didn't know who CTH was (neither who JJH was), until yesterday. after watching for the first time, i thought they were pretty good and hilarious. CTH was also on windstruck? saw that one too, but which one was he? sorry..

Hi ione! I'm glad to meet another CTH fan here! He had a cameo scene in Windstruck. He came out right at the end, when Jeon Ji Hyun ran to the train station. There's this guy who actually pulled JJH back from the track? Yep, that's CTH... :D Throughout the whole movie, I was just waiting for CTH to appear.. heh :P

Nice to meetcha again! :D

Here's a Blue Alert clip that shows part of the making... :)

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/2/movie/making/2005/11/parang_mf_300k.wmv

I just saw it!! It's hilarious!!! :lol: I think both are very talented! ^_^

Anyway, I found out more about CTH and SHK in the Philippines. They're in Cebu I think, to film this scuba-diving cum dating scene. They're at this Bohol or Boholu island I think... Do you know where this is?

Nice to meetcha again! :D

:( 'tz too far-off Manila Amy. Cebu `en Bohol are from Visayan region. I can set off there via air or even water travel. Oh still I have to look for a friend who can go together wit me yet I oughtta know where ta exact location iz. Otherwise, it would be all for nothin'...

C'mon Tae-hyun, visit Metro Manila `en promote yer blockbuster MSG movie even on 'tz 3rd week uv showin' !!!! ;) :P

Oh... it's that far... It's a pity eh... never mind! I'm sure there'll be one fine day when one of us will get to see him face to face!!! :D

Hi ione! I'm glad to meet another CTH fan here! He had a cameo scene in Windstruck. He came out right at the end, when Jeon Ji Hyun ran to the train station. There's this guy who actually pulled JJH back from the track? Yep, that's CTH... :D Throughout the whole movie, I was just waiting for CTH to appear.. heh :P

hello fleur. nice to meet you. i am going to play the video again to check him out. :D the best thing i like about him is his facial expressions. :o he's pretty good at making faces.

i read somewhere they're starting their shoot today in bohol island. to quteacho, please let us know how your trip went. :D good luck!

LOLOLOL This man is so funny. You know in My Sassy Girl, how he laid on the bed, but then he arched his back and stuck his butt up in the air? That's FREAKING AMAZING. I tried to do that and make my back arch the way he did... I couldn't do it. It's almost impossible. What an arch! ^_^ Go try it~!

hello fleur. nice to meet you. i am going to play the video again to check him out. :D the best thing i like about him is his facial expressions. :o he's pretty good at making faces.

i read somewhere they're starting their shoot today in bohol island. to quteacho, please let us know how your trip went. :D good luck!

I think quteacho isn't going to the bohol island, because it's pretty far from where she's staying... Nevertheless, I hope their filming went well! :D

LOLOLOL This man is so funny. You know in My Sassy Girl, how he laid on the bed, but then he arched his back and stuck his butt up in the air? That's FREAKING AMAZING. I tried to do that and make my back arch the way he did... I couldn't do it. It's almost impossible. What an arch! ^_^ Go try it~!

Hi jeanu! Haha... I've never tried that myself, but that part was really funny... He's an amazing actor... :)

I just rewatched Lover's Concerto the other day, and I must say that his talent is not just in the comedy genre... He acted really well in the serious roles too! :D

I think quteacho isn't going to the bohol island, because it's pretty far from where she's staying... Nevertheless, I hope their filming went well! :D

Yup ione, :( aint sure if am goin' to Cebu `en Bohol. But who knowz? I might put on da nerve to take a trip tho 'tz really faraway... Perhaps they'd stay up 'til da whole week.

By some means Amy, e-newz reports could bring us up to date. Hope da makin uv Blue Alert movie here would really turn into a feat.

SYJ totally changed her usual roles in the above movie eh... heh.. this movie was pretty hilarious. :lol:

New Blue Alert pics!

M0040016_sc52616.jpg

M0040017_sc52617.jpg

m0040018_sc52618.jpg

Reposted from miracletaehyun.com

... hmmm, so tis iz it?!

¡°High Seas Warning¡±'s CTH & SHK Go Abroad to Film Underwater Scenes

News Credit : I-Films

(www.newswire.co.kr)

Translated from Korean to English by hyesa2 (http://hyesa.com)

(Seoul=News Wire) November 4, 2005— Starting this coming November 6, for 3 days, <High Seas Warning>¡¯s star couple, Cha Tae-Hyun & Song Hye-Kyo, will go to Cebu, Philippines to shoot an underwater scene. The scene that will be filmed is a playful underwater scene between the two leads, Soo-Ho (CTH) and Soo-Eun (SHK). The scene is a short montage with no dialogue where they confirm their love for each other during a trip to an island. In order to shoot this scene where the two leads are swimming through what seems like an ocean in paradise, the production team scouted numerous locations during pre-production to find the most beautiful diving point before finally deciding on Cebu, Philippines. After finishing filming in Korea, and after a few days rest, the crew departed. The exact location is an island south of Cebu named Bohol. With a depth of 15M, it¡¯s a place where the waters gives off emerald reflections and all the world¡¯s colors seem to be gathered in place of diverse, tropical sea life and coral reefs, painting a picturesque underwater scene that¡¯s truly a heaven¡¯s blessing.

In order to shoot this scene, CTH and SHK were given skin scuba lessons during pre-production. Since the scene is one where the two leads confirm their love for each other, they needed to be able to show happy and carefree images, and hence, they both needed to be very skilled underwater. For the scene, it would be essential that they be in their finest conditions during the 3-day shoot on Bohol. After finishing filming in Korea on October 29, the <High Seas Warning> filming crew, including the two leads, plan to rest fully and regain their finest condition before leaving to shoot the underwater scene.

<High Seas Warning>, which tells of the most beautiful love story between naturally innocent high schooler, ¡°Soo-Ho¡±, and the one that loves him unrequited, beautiful face and heart, ¡°Soo-Eun¡±, will be coming to screens this upcoming winter 2005.

Archived