[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] She and Her Perfect Husband 爱的二八定律

sugarplum892

On 11/25/2022 at 8:09 PM, hush puppy said:

@mrsj3n Hi!  Thanks for all the lovely photos. :lol:    To me Xu Kai is just a Normal Actor.   Some Actors can really astound and impress you.  But I do not get that from him.  My apologies to all his Fans.  It is just a personal opinion.  I do not mean to offend. I did not watch "She And Her Perfect Husband" because of him.  I am just "Curious" to see how the Plot plays out.

She and Her Perfect Husband is my first Xu Kai drama (never heard or seen him in anything before). I checked it initially for Yang Mi whom I really liked in Three Lives, Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms but didn't enjoy in Fuyao and Storm Eye (I dropped both). I ended up sticking through SAHPH because of the interesting quirks how Xu Kai portrayed Yang Hua and their dynamics as a couple. I would admit though that I wasn't as keen on his acting (or the way the director shot it) in the drunken phone call scene (end of episode 18).

Anyway, while SAHPH was on hold, I ended up checking Ancient Love Poetry which had good reviews. If I were to base his acting just on this, it really is just normal acting (I've only watched til 1/5 of the drama for now). It doesn't help also that the plot isn't that interesting in the first stretch of the story (though they say it gets way better by episode 16-ish). I'll give this another chance later.

So I ended up jumping dramas again and tried Arsenal Military Academy. I haven't finished it yet but so far it's fantastic! By any chance, have you watched this? The story is so engaging, the characters are all interesting, and Xu Kai as Gu Yang Zhen is so memorable. Total opposite of his character in SAHPH.

Bottomline: If you haven't seen Arsenal Military yet, I recommend it. He's no Liu Haoran yet in terms of acting gravitas but definitely magnetic enough in certain roles (SAHPH and Arsenal so far for me).

• Like 1

What I enjoy in this drama is actually watching Qin Shi and Li Dai's interactions and their dialogue is the fun part. It's a smart drama where they focus on the law and talk about the clients. Also Qin Shi is a very adorable character and I wish she would leave that law firm but I can also understand why you would be reluctant to after all the work you put in to get where you are I would be loath to leave too.

I cannot stand her half brother the one married to her friend and I absolutely hate the fact that she has not yet divorced him. At every opportunity to do so she has not done so. She's a fool.

I do like the fact that they put thought into the discussions on the client issues and how they solve them is not a joke or weak part of the story. I hate dramas that make up rubbish to solve cases.

I love that Yang Hua and Qui Shi have respect for each other and discuss things properly. They resolve stuff properly and don't have unnecessary misunderstandings because they talk things through which is so rare in a lot of dramas.