Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Congratulation uri HJ won The Best Actress Blue Dragon Film Award.. Really happy for her :-bd \:D/ =D>
oh almost forgot today she looks elegant and beautiful :)

Guest jjsweeter0211

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGk71z9qNsY
cr to uploader
So happy and proud <3Congratulation on winning the Best Actress award :x

Lol congratulations to Hyo Joo for winning! She looked beautiful :) Though her dress made her look pregnant in some photos and I also do not like her hair lol
Re: the haters....A lot of commenters are just blind sheep who follow whatever the OP comments about a certain entertainer, so to me, I don't really give them much attention because we are obviously going to have disagreements. It's just troublesome to me because there is a lot of misogyny that sometimes appear in comments  And it's not even just Hyo Joo, I can't even name 5 popular actresses who aren't "old" that aren't always being negatively talked about on Dramabeans, Koalasplayground, etc. The most disgusting ones are the comments pertaining to sexual favors and sponsors. You never see these kind of comments directed towards males. Hyo Joo could win all the major and reputable acting awards in the world and people would still think she's a bad actress. It's partly why I want her to kind of stay in films for a while because it's going to be so much fun reading posts about her being cast in a drama.
But I digress, as I said, I am very proud of Hyo Joo for winning the award. Though honestly, I wasn't expecting her to be nominated for Cold Eyes to begin with, since it is an action blockbluster. Perhaps I'm too used to Hollywood never giving any action blockbuster a chance lol. I'm just really proud of being her fan though! She has a very enviable career and I am totally jealous and proud at the same time haha.

I think in general that drama fans are very, very hard on actresses who are perceived to 'just' be beautiful whereas they have no problem with actors getting roles just for being handsome and in demand (especially young actors). It's like actresses have to go above and beyond the call of duty to not be loathed and taunted. They'll say things like, 'oh, she's just so forgettable in that role' or 'she's so expressionless' and I think to myself - 'wow, I have a hard time believing that you managed to tear your eyes away from the latest boytoy on screen to accurately assess the female lead's acting'.

The woman on woman hate in fan communities is sickening... and whether or not Han Hyo Joo deserved to win the best actress award this year, she certainly didn't deserve to have a bunch of garbage spewed at her.

aemi

said:

I think in general that drama fans are very, very hard on actresses who are perceived to 'just' be beautiful whereas they have no problem with actors getting roles just for being handsome and in demand (especially young actors). It's like actresses have to go above and beyond the call of duty to not be loathed and taunted. They'll say things like, 'oh, she's just so forgettable in that role' or 'she's so expressionless' and I think to myself - 'wow, I have a hard time believing that you managed to tear your eyes away from the latest boytoy on screen to accurately assess the female lead's acting'.

The woman on woman hate in fan communities is sickening... and whether or not Han Hyo Joo deserved to win the best actress award this year, she certainly didn't deserve to have a bunch of garbage spewed at her.

Oh yeah, I completely agree with you. It's not even just in Korean entertainment that this kind of stuff happens in. I see it A LOT in American communities too, but in Korean entertainment, the sexism is unbelievable. You look at the comments in a post about a female actress vs. a male actor and the differences is staggering. You could literally bulletpoint them into:
Female:- her acting sucks- I guess she's pretty but I don't get her appeal- how does she keep getting roles
versus
Male- I loved him in "abc"
- oppa can do no wrong- he's so hot. - he's so hot. - he's so hot.
It's so tiring to read. The things some fangirls condone just for their oppas....
BUTTTT anyway, back to Hyo Joo... I'm pretty sure she knows about the controversy that's going on from her winning the award but I hope she's enjoying herself in celebrations right now lol. And us fans will continue supporting her and her slaying ways because girl is on fire! Has the big blockbuster film and its award-winning role ;)
Actually, I'm just glad we actually saw her in public since she's been MIA for so goddamn long lol

Han hyo joo won the best actress at the 34th Blue Dragon Film Awards which held on November 22nd.

Kim soo hyun and Im Soo Jung who presenting the best actress award

(click here for video, cr: hikaru9909 via DM)

English translation of hyo joo’s speech :

Thank you very much
I’m very honored being nominated with such talented and very beautiful senior
I have many flaws so when I get this big prize, I feeling like a burden and so scared
Now I can stand in this position and may have the ability to be more someday just because I’ve met a lot of good people.
I also met many good people in this movie. I always feel like a home instead the studio during the flming.
Director Jo Euisuk, Kim Byeongseo, Senior Seol Kyeonggu who’s like a leader, forever cool guy Senior Jung Woosung, also maknae Junho-ssi. All of you really create ​​a wonderful and happy memories to me. Received this this award make me even more happy.
And all this times who make me secure, my BH representatives Son Seok Woo along 선우 and 권오현 also all of the family members, I’m very grateful to you
With all due respect from my hearts and sorry
in the future It will be harder to be a good actor
thank you sincerely

chinese translation by @Ariel_D_玉儿
chinese to english by tinahyojootumblr

cr: tinahyojootumblr

Sorry for the OT... it's just that the favoritism shown towards male actors makes me RAGE! That's why I always give actresses young and old the benefit of the doubt. God knows what they have to deal with in an industry that now focuses on dangling cougar bait in front of the unhappy ajhummas instead of on producing good dramatic content.

Also, congratulations to Han Hyo Joo! She looked utterly ravishing at the awards ceremony.