Gong Lei as Hao Dong
Ai Dong as Liu Kaihua
Zhao Xuan as Yu Miao
Tang Lu Jing as Yang Yi
Wang Xiu Zhu as Sister Qiong
Song Han Huan as A Kun
Zhang Zhi Jian

Synopsis:

Five years ago, Wu Gang was killed by a drug trafficking organization named "K", and his son Wu Zhenfeng was expelled from the police force. Utterly dissipated, Wu Zhenfeng boards the bus to the borders, while his best friend Chen Yu chases after him relentlessly. Along the journey, the two were almost kidnapped. While saving his best friend Chen Yu, Wu Zhenfeng was brought away by the drug traffickers, and there was no news of him ever since.

When the two meet again, Chen Yu became a narcotics policeman while Wu Zhenfeng is now a famed murder suspect known by the nickname "Addict Lord". Ignoring public dissension, Chen Yu sets out to find the truth and clear Wu Zhenfeng's name, but he gradually discovers that Wu Zhenfeng's return has another purpose. The two best friends begin a game of cat and mouse chase, and finally Chen Yu gains evidence of Wu Zhenfeng's drug trafficking activities. However he was expelled from the squad due to him acting out on his own. Chen Yu decides to work together with Wu Zhenfeng to infiltrate into K Organization's inner department, in order to catch the real culprit Uncle Yu. During the mission, Wu Zhenfeng sacrifices his life to save Chen Yu, and the case was finally resolved.

(Source: DramaWiki)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Weibo Link

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Like 2

Call me weird but i'm so excited for this one not only becos it has WYB  and CX but also becos of these 2 actors (maybe both r villains or just either one, still good)..loving the male casts already!!

Wang Jinsong

Liu Yijun

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Being a Hero is one of the anticipated Chinese dramas for me. It will be fun to witness the intense plot unravel between the two male leads and their love interests. There should be lots of action and bromance to marvel over.

2 hours ago, angelangie said:

It be fun for me to see ChenXiao trying out a diff roles than acting the hero all the times :) 

Chen Xiao is the anti-hero in a sense with his role.

I don't have much to say, I'm just hoping the drama have a good and clear storyline.. Its theme is interesting enough.. reminds me of the time when HK police gangster theme movie was popular back in the 90s.

And lastly, 24 episode is a good number,  so hopefully there's not much filler in the story (or better yet no filler hahaha..) 

• 1 month later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Being a Hero 冰雨火
  • 3 months later...

ok, it's reported to air in the 2nd quarter of 2022....so those of you who have been eyeing this drama, the wait should not be that much longer.

This is last year's trailer, but it's different from the one in the first post...so thought I'd post it here for those interested in this drama.

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Being a Hero 冰雨火, premiered August 11, starring Chen Xiao and Wang Yi Bo
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Being a Hero 冰雨火