[Movie 2021] Waiting for Rain, 비와 당신의 이야기

sky5joyous

Kang Ha Neul, Chun Woo Hee, And Kang Sora Wrap Up Filming For Upcoming Movie

Upcoming film “Story of You and the Rain,” which will star Kang Ha Neul, Chun Woo Hee, and Kang Sora, has wrapped up filming!

Filming first began for the movie on March 23 and has been completed in approximately three months, with the final day being July 4.

The film is set to tell the special and warm story of different youths, and will premiere in cinemas in 2021. Kang Ha Neul is set to take on his first movie role in approximately three years as Young Ho, who is in his third year of retaking exams and doesn’t have any big goals, until an unexpected letter exchange brings about change and growth. Sharing letters with him is So Hee, played by Chun Woo Hee, whose feelings grow with the stack of letters as they collect. Kang Sora will be making a special appearance in the film as Soo Jin, a fellow student at Young Ho’s cram school.

Kang Ha Neul said, “I decided to appear in the film because I think it will be a serene story that will stay with people for a long time, and that belief strengthened as filming went on. I think I will hold the emotions I felt working on this film for a long time.” Chun Woo Hee 

stated, “I think this will be a film that brings all of our emotions alive. I’ve been so grateful and had so much fun. Please anticipate it.” Kang Sora added, “It’s a lovely and emotional story. It felt like I was living in memories from 17 years ago, and it was a little sad coming back to reality. I’m grateful to all those who gifted me with such great memories.”

“Story of You and the Rain” is set to premiere in theaters in 2021.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1411590wpp/kang-ha-neul-chun-woo-hee-and-kang-sora-wrap-up-filming-for-upcoming-movie 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Info posted by kanghaneulorg (Instagram) : 

While it was officially announced that filming wrapped up on 4 July, there were actually additional scenes that have not been filmed yet due to the extended summer monsoon season.

Filming was planned on 20-21 August, however, due to the sudden surge in COVID-19 cases in South Korea which lead to government measures being enforced to prevent the spread of the virus, the production company decided that filming should temporarily be suspended.

Melodrama film "Rain and Your Story" stars Kang HaNeul and Chun WooHee. Kang Sora also appears in a supporting role. Release is foreseen in 2021.

Source: Sports Chosun  

• Like 1

More dramas and films have halted production in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

With the recent resurgence of the virus, many celebrities have been undergoing COVID-19 exams, and actors such as Kim Won Hae and Heo Dong Won have tested positive for it.

(..)

The film “Story of You and the Rain,” starring Kang Ha Neul, Chun Woo Hee, and Kang Sora, wrapped up filming last month. However, they had additional filming planned but decided to put a pause on it due to the pandemic. Hwang Geun Ha, the CEO of distribution company Azit Film shared, “We started shooting last March and finished filming in early July. However, on August 20 and 21, we had planned additional filming of a past scene played by child actors in a small neighborhood in Hwaseong, Gyeonggi, but we voluntarily withdrew because of the current situation.”

Hwang Geun Ha added that they will consider filming in September and explained they made the decision, regardless of the extra cost, because filming could affect the residents. Regarding the premiere date, he commented, “We are planning to release it at the end of December, but due to the current situation, the exact timing of the release will have to wait until after Chuseok (the Korean equivalent of Thanksgiving).”

(..)  

https://www.soompi.com/article/1420866wpp/more-films-and-dramas-postpone-filming-due-to-ongoing-covid-19-pandemic     

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

KHN tells us about his working relationship with Cho Jin Mo, director of his upcoming melodrama film, "Rain and Your Story". Movie is foreseen to be released in early 2021.
This excerpt was published in #1stLook magazine vol201 (July 2020).

1stLook: So far, you've worked with various directors in a range of projects from different genres. How was it working with Director Cho Jin Mo for "Rain and Your Story"?

Sky: I've talked about this with director Cho Jin Mo. If I were to pick a director who has a similar style, it would be Lee Joon Ik. He's very easy-going. He doesn't show his inner struggles to the actor so that the actor can fully immerse himself in the role.

IstLook: How do you deal with differences in opinions regarding role characterisation and story development?

Sky: I totally trust the director. Even though it's my role, I wouldn't know it more than the director who wrote the script. Director Cho Jin Mo truly believes in all the actors, so it was natural for me to trust him back. Whenever I have questions about what YoungHo feels in a particular situation, I tell the director. We discuss the differing views and reach a compromise. By doing so, we avoid the stronger pull from one side and maintain a good balance. 

(Lee JoonIk directed "Dong Ju" and "Battle ship Heroes")

Translated by kanghaneul.vnfp
Edited by Michelle 
FACEBOOK kanghaneul.org

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...