[Drama 2020] Alice, 앨리스

larus

10 minutes ago, mystylee33 said:

This made me also curious on why he took this drama out of 70 scripts in his hands and why he gets interest to ALICE. This drama that fans been waiting for so long. 

Yeah, we all know Joo won is really good at picking up good drama scripts. Ex- "Good Doctor", "Bridal Mask", "Yong Pal". So, I do trust his wisdom on picking up "Alice"

11 minutes ago, mystylee33 said:

Its already AUGUST! I honestly cant wait to watch ALICE feels like its been thousand of years waiting before it comes out. 

Same Here!! I think this drama will be like fusion of "Yong Pal" and "Bridal Mask": Like, Joo won's  action scenes from Yong Pal and acting from Bridal Mask:hwaiting2:

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/31/2020 at 2:01 PM, Seonhoyaa said:

Wait what did i just watch?! 

They're acting as a mother and son with their current looks and she isn't coming from the past or anything like they legit wants me to believe a mother and son would look like that. How did she accept that?! Okay for the leads sake i'll turn my brain off in those scenes. Hope it won't last long. Wish they hired another actor for the high schooler role. But that's Kdrama for you.

:lol::lol::lol: It does sound ridiculous. I wonder why they didn't just hire a young actor for the high school. 

If Kim Hee Sun is playing his mother one timeline then I hope they won't develop a loveline with her other character as that would be a bit too creepy and oedipal IMO :tired:

23 hours ago, mystylee33 said:

For me I don't have any problem about JooWon's upcoming drama 'ALICE' whether what genre or role he will take the important to me is as long as he has drama coming out, it's his drama comeback after military discharged. This made me also curious on why he took this drama out of 70 scripts in his hands and why he gets interest to ALICE. This drama that fans been waiting for so long. 

I also wonder why this script. Sci-fi dramas aren't very popular in South Korea and the director's last drama  did not great reviews or ratings so this seems like a gamble for his comeback. Maybe it will be a pleasant surprise?

1 hour ago, raziela said:

If Kim Hee Sun is playing his mother one timeline then I hope they won't develop a loveline with her other character as that would be a bit too creepy and oedipal IMO :tired:

I don't think she's gonna romance him. She come from the future give birth to him and die a younger ver of herself comes from the future too as she learns someone from the past was actually her haha my head is spinning now. In short she's still his mother.

As for Joo Won and KHS acting. I'm sure they can pull it off as mother and son. I was more concerned about their looks. Anyway glad it's gonna be for a short time. Kdrama is being repetitive lately so he probably wanted to do something new and different. And wow he got 70 scripts my man is in demand. He should do charity lol.

Upcoming Sci-Fi Drama “Alice” Shares First Glimpse

Of Kim Hee Sun As Genius Scientist

Aug 3, 2020
by L. Kim
Upcoming Sci-Fi Drama “Alice” Shares First Glimpse Of Kim Hee Sun As Genius Scientist

Kim Hee Sun will be making a dynamic return to the small screen as an intelligent scientist in the upcoming drama “Alice”!

The emotional science-fiction drama stars Joo Won as a detective who discovers the existence of time travel and winds up crossing paths with a woman who resembles his dead mother (played by Kim Hee Sun).

On August 3, SBS unveiled new stills of Kim Hee Sun as Yoon Tae Yi, a physics professor at Hankook University, who finished calculus at the age of six and entered the department of physics at the young age of 15. She is a bold scientist with overflowing passion, strong pride, and an outspoken personality, and her confident charm is sure to sweep the viewers off their feet.

In the new photos, Yoon Tae Yi is immersed in her research. Her white gown and round glasses heightens her professional appearance, and she gazes at the screen with an expression of concentration. Unidentified letters are scribbled across the board, and her room is filled with never-before-seen technology.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1416675wpp/upcoming-sci-fi-drama-alice-shares-first-glimpse-of-kim-hee-sun-as-genius-scientist

2020080301319_0.jpg

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/08/03/2020080301324.html

[ ENG SUBS ] 'ALICE' Behind The Scene Script Reading • [메이킹] 김희선X주원, 대본리딩부터 숨막히는 현장 단독공개! 〈앨리스〉 8월 28일 첫 방송! 《Alice / 스브스캐치》

Starring :
Joo Won
Kim Hee Sun 
Kwak Si Yang
Lee Da In

Behind the scene script reading of upcoming drama 'Alice' 

August 28, 2020 Fri 10pm KST

ⓒ SBS Catch 

14 hours ago, Seonhoyaa said:

I don't think she's gonna romance him. She come from the future give birth to him and die a younger ver of herself comes from the future too as she learns someone from the past was actually her haha my head is spinning now. In short she's still his mother.

Gosh!  My head is spinning just reading it! :astonished: Thanks for explaining

16 hours ago, Seonhoyaa said:

As for Joo Won and KHS acting. I'm sure they can pull it off as mother and son. I was more concerned about their looks. Anyway glad it's gonna be for a short time. Kdrama is being repetitive lately so he probably wanted to do something new and different. And wow he got 70 scripts my man is in demand. He should do charity lol.

Oh I'm not doubting their acting ability but the suspension of disbelief required because of their appearance.  Let's hope it's very few scenes:lol:

Joo Won Transforms Into A Determined Detective For Upcoming Sci-Fi Drama “Alice”

Aug 5, 2020
by L. Kim

SBS’s upcoming drama “Alice” has revealed new stills of Joo Won in character!

“Alice” is an emotional science-fiction drama starring Joo Won as a detective who discovers the existence of time travel and winds up crossing paths with a woman who resembles his dead mother (played by Kim Hee Sun).

Joo Won’s character Park Jin Gyeom is a strong and charismatic detective who was born apathetic. He feels no emotion whatsoever and is always cold and stoic, until one fateful day when everything changes in his life. His one and only goal is to catch the culprit who killed his mother when he was in high school.

In the newest stills, Park Jin Gyeom is at shooting practice. His cold eyes are pinned on his target, and his stiff expression is filled with concentration and determination.

joo-won.jpg

The production team of “Alice” commented, “Joo Won’s character Park Jin Gyeom is a character who was born apathetic and slowly changes throughout the story development. It is an impossible role to portray without thorough character analysis and delicate expressions. Joo Won was able to pull this off with his intense passion. In addition, you will be able to see Joo Won’s action scenes, which have become more powerful since his discharge from the military. Please look forward to the drama.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1417248wpp/joo-won-transforms-into-a-determined-detective-for-upcoming-sci-fi-drama-drama-alice

Making his return after three years to the small screen since his military discharge, Joo Won is expected to showcase his exceptional acting skills through SBS drama 'Alice'

Joo-Won (Park Jin-gyeom) chose 'Alice' as a return to small screen after three years of military service. In particular, Park Jin-gyeom, who he plays in the drama, is a character who is inherently apathetic. Because he is actor Joo Won who has captured the public by acting with relatively high-level characters through various works, his attention is focused on how he can draw emotionless characters through 'Alice'.

Among these, on the 6th, 'Alice' production team unveiled the stills of the shooting scene that shows the character characteristics of JooWon in the drama. The power of JooWon, which takes the viewer's attention and makes the viewer immerse himself in his acting... 

In the photo, Joowon is sitting alone on the railing in a school uniform. Sit crouched down as if anything had happened, but it never seems to be in fear. Rather, his eyes are bright and his face is intense. He is curious and curious about what situation he is in, what he is thinking and what he is feeling. 

Along with this, JooWon acting amazed everyone. Earlier, the production of 'Alice' mentioned that Park Jin-gyeom, a congenital apathy, is a challenge to an actor. Because it is necessary to draw the psychological change of the character according to the situation without exposing dramatic emotions. However, in the photo, JooWon shows all the situations and psychology of the character by using all means of eyes, facial expressions, and gestures. Expectations must be drawn to JooWon's acting in 'Alice'.

In this regard, the production team of 'Alice' said, “As JooWon returned to the small screen in three years, he immersed himself in 'Alice' with the best of his ability. Thanks to this, the character Park Jin-gyeom, a congenital apathy that is possible only because of JooWon, was completed. It will instantly capture viewers and get interest into the drama. We ask for your interest and expectations.”

Following the intense action and charisma, JooWon showed a perfect digestion of even a difficult character.  Looking forward to seeing the magical story of the actor Joo Won, who meets Kim Hee-seon, and tells a magical story.

First episode will air August 28 at 10PMKST

Source :  

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/311/0001185231

Joo Won Remains Emotionless Despite Being Caught In A Difficult Situation In “Alice”

bb46c928f8d54c5baa026b4920957c41.jpeg?s=

Aug 6, 2020
by S. Nam

SBS’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Alice” released new stills of Joo Won!

“Alice” is an emotional science-fiction drama starring Joo Won as a detective who discovers the existence of time travel and winds up crossing paths with a woman who resembles his dead mother (played by Kim Hee Sun).

Returning to the drama world for the first time in three years, Joo Won will be playing detective Park Jin Gyeom, who was born apathetic. Since the actor has taken on many challenging roles in the past, viewers are highly anticipating his transformation in the upcoming drama.

On August 6, “Alice” released new stills that show Park Jin Gyeom’s character traits. In the photos, Park Jin Gyeom is sitting alone in his school uniform. He makes himself small by hunching over, hinting that something has occurred, but Park Jin Gyeom doesn’t look particularly afraid. Rather, he has an intense expression with bright eyes, raising curiosity over what situation Park Jin Gyeom has gotten himself into and what he could be thinking about.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1417434wpp/joo-won-remains-emotionless-despite-being-caught-in-a-difficult-situation-in-alice

Shooting drmaas is affected by rain In South Korea.

SBS' new drama'Alice', which is attracting attention only by the meeting of Kim Hee-sun and Joo-won, was originally scheduled to end for 8 months on the 28th of last month, but was canceled due to rain. The last scenes of Kim Hee-seon took place in Sangam-dong, Seoul, but Juwon's scenes still remains. Filming is about to take place in a specific area of Seoul, but it is impossible to film because it is constantly raining. It's also difficult to switch to a set, so it's only a week to put off childs. The production crew is in a position to shoot next week, but if guerrilla rain continues again, they are busy avoiding the rain.

https://news.joins.com/article/23843184

Watch: Kim Hee Sun Shows Both Her Fiery And Sympathetic Side In Teaser For Upcoming Sci-Fi Drama “Alice”

Watch: Kim Hee Sun Shows Both Her Fiery And Sympathetic Side In Teaser For Upcoming Sci-Fi Drama “Alice”

SBS’s upcoming drama “Alice” has unveiled a new teaser!

“Alice” is an emotional science-fiction drama starring Joo Won as a detective named Park Jin Gyeom who discovers the existence of time travel and winds up crossing paths with a scientist named Yoon Tae Yi who resembles his dead mother (played by Kim Hee Sun).

The teaser starts off with Yoon Tae Yi, a physics professor with a prickly personality. Her words are cutting and sharp, and she even snaps at her student, saying, “You got an F! Now get out!”

Then Park Jin Gyeom appears, and her life changes forever. She asks if they met before, and in turn, he asks if she ever gave birth to a son, making her spit out the water she had been drinking.

Although Yoon Tae Yi is the spitting image of his mother, it’s clear that she isn’t who he thinks she is. However, she tells him she has met his mother before, and his mother’s voiceover warns her, “You shouldn’t be here.” Yoon Tae Yi declares, “No, I have to stay next to Park Jin Gyeom.”

At the end, Yoon Tae Yi gently embraces Park Jin Gyeom and promises to remain by his side.

Watch the full teaser below!

Spoiler

[VLOG] A fun game?! Actress Kim Hee-sun introduces the filming set for Alice! Alice / SBS Catch 

[VLOG] 꿀잼 게임?! 배우 김희선이 소개하는 〈앨리스〉 촬영 현장! 《Alice / 스브스캐치》

Joo Won And Kim Hee Sun Are So Close, Yet So Far Apart In Main Poster For Upcoming Sc-Fi Drama “Alice”

Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun are shining in the main poster for upcoming SBS drama “Alice”!

“Alice” is an emotional science-fiction drama starring Joo Won as a detective who discovers the existence of time travel and winds up crossing paths with a scientist who resembles his dead mother (played by Kim Hee Sun).

Joo Won’s character Park Jin Gyeom is a strong and charismatic detective who was born apathetic. His one and only goal is to catch the culprit who killed his mother when he was in high school. Then one day, he unexpectedly meets Yoon Tae Yi, who bores an uncanny resemblance to his late mother. Despite the fact that she may not be his mother, he vows to keep her safe.

Kim Hee Sun’s character Yoon Tae Yi is a physics professor at Hankook University who finished calculus at the age of six and entered the department of physics at the young age of 15. She is a bold scientist with an overflowing passion, strong pride, outspoken personality, and confident charm. She feels strangely drawn to Park Jin Gyeom, a mysterious man who suddenly appears in her life, and her curiosity sharpens when she’s told that she resembles his late mother. Yoon Tae Yi and Park Jin Gyeom will work together to solve a special secret that involves time travel and fate.

On August 10, the drama revealed a main poster starring the two lead actors. In the spellbinding poster, Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun gaze longingly at each other as they are divided between night and day. Although they seem far apart, they are actually living in the same world. However, they will have to undergo various trials and tribulations before they discover the truth and achieve peace. The caption, “No matter what world you’re in, I’ll protect you,” in the poster shows the two characters’ determination to stay together until the end.

joo-won-kim-hee-sun.jpg

Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun will showcase powerful synergy as they portray a dynamic and touching story, and fans are already looking forward to their emotional and expressive acting.

“Alice” premieres on August 28 at 10 p.m. KST 

Joo Won Shares What Drew Him To His Role In “Alice” + Kim Hee Sun Prepares To Take On Action Sci-Fi Genre

Aug 11, 2020
by C. Hong

Joo Won and Kim Hee Sun are gearing up for the premiere of their new drama, “Alice”!

“Alice” is a sci-fi thriller about a detective who discovers the existence of time travel (Joo Won) and crosses paths with a scientist who resembles his dead mother (Kim Hee Sun). Together, they race to solve a special secret that involves time travel and fate.

Joo Won’s character, Park Jin Gyeom, is a detective who was born with a lack of emotion. For this role, the actor must juggle his character’s explosive action scenes with this lack of emotion. Joo Won is known for taking on diverse roles and new challenges in his filmography, with several of his projects going on to receive great love from the public.

Asked why he chose “Alice” as his first project after mandatory military service, he said, “I was drawn to the extremely new concept and the appealing character. Everyone can relate to a story about a mother, but the time-slip concept introduced here is new. I thought that it felt more fresh than any other project.”

Joo Won also talked about the difficulties of expressing a character’s inner thoughts without emotion. He explained, “Park Jin Gyeom was born without emotion, but he was able to grow with the help of his mother’s hard work. I couldn’t express emotions like other people, so I tried to show things through his gaze. I tried to act emotions with as little expression as possible. There are some things that touch Park Jin Gyeom’s heart, so I wanted those to have as much impact as possible.”

joo-won-alice.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1418388wpp/joo-won-shares-what-drew-him-to-his-role-in-alice-kim-hee-sun-prepares-to-take-on-action-sci-fi-genre

Watch: Kim Hee Sun And Joo Won Seek Answers And Revenge In Teaser For Upcoming Sci-Fi Drama “Alice”

Upcoming SBS drama “Alice” has released an exciting new teaser!

The emotional science-fiction drama stars Joo Won as a detective who discovers the existence of time travel and winds up crossing paths with a woman named Yoon Tae Yi who resembles his dead mother (played by Kim Hee Sun).

Starting off the teaser, Park Jin Gyeom (Joo Won) announces in a voice-over that time travelers have arrived from a different dimension. In the next scene, the time traveler says, “We are here from the year 2050.”

Meanwhile, Kim Hee Sun’s character says with determination, “No one can mess with my child.” The teaser previews a battle between those trying to control time and those who are protecting the present.

Then, Yoon Tae Yi, who is a physics professor at Hankook University, claims to be able to prove the existence of the time travelers, while another character says that she must die for the future.

After a series of action-packed fight scenes, Park Jin Gyeom, whose one and only goal is to catch the culprit who killed his mother, threatens someone and says, “You guys killed my mother. I’ll kill you with my own hands.”

Watch the full clip below!

“Alice” premieres on August 28 at 10 p.m. KST

Kim Hee Sun Talks About Playing Dual Roles In Upcoming Sci-Fi Drama “Alice”

1c94d6e8236947cc94dddabf29b1d4f5.jpeg?s=

Aug 12, 2020
by L. Kim

Kim Hee Sun talked about her new roles in the new SBS drama “Alice.”

“Alice” is about Park Jin Gyeom (Joo Won), an emotionless detective who learns about the existence of time travelers and comes from the future through a device called “Alice.” In the course of his investigations into “Alice,” he has a fateful reunion with a woman who died a long time ago named Yoon Tae Yi (Kim Hee Sun).

Kim Hee Sun will be playing two characters who look alike but are vastly different. One of her characters is Yoon Tae Yi, a physics professor with a prickly personality. Her other character is Park Sun Young, who is Park Jin Gyeom’s mother.

The actress shared why she chose to star in the drama, saying, “In ‘Alice,’ I had to portray a college student in her 20s as well as a mother in her 40s . It’s the first time I had to pull off a wide range of ages, so it’s true that it was a bit of a burden for me.”

Then she continued, “However, I was attracted by the fact that I could portray Yoon Tae Yi and Park Sun Young who have the same appearance but very different personalities. I wanted to challenge myself because I thought I could show various sides of myself in one work. As such opportunities are rare for an actor, I did my best, and I have no regrets. I hope it will be a great opportunity to show viewers a new side of me.”

Kim Hee Sun also talked about the charms of her characters. She commented, “Park Sun Young is a mother who is willing to do anything for her son. I was deeply impressed by how she gave up everything and sacrificed herself for her son. On the other hand, Yoon Tae Yi is an eccentric genius physicist who is curious but also soft-hearted. The two characters seem to be different from each other, but there is actually one thing they have in common. You’ll have to watch the drama until the end to find that out. Learning the similarities and differences of the two characters is one of the key point of ‘Alice.'”

The actress then confessed, “While playing dual roles, I was worried that the two characters might seem similar. I was concerned that people would see Park Sun Young when I was acting as Yoon Tae Yi and vice versa. So I paid special attention to making their tones and facial expressions different. I hope you will be able to see each of their individual charms.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1418620wpp/kim-hee-sun-talks-about-playing-dual-roles-in-upcoming-sci-fi-drama-alice

“Alice” Introduces Main Characters With Mysterious And Charismatic Individual Posters

7affa463b23f4d4abec73ea89008ec31.jpeg?s=

Aug 17, 2020
by U. Kim

Alice” is amping up excitement for the drama with new character posters!

“Alice” is a science-fiction drama starring Joo Won as an emotionless detective who discovers the existence of time travel and winds up crossing paths with a woman named Yoon Tae Yi who resembles his dead mother (played by Kim Hee Sun).

On August 17, SBS revealed posters of the four main characters.

The first poster shows Joo Won as Park Jin Gyeom, who was born without emotions. The text on his poster reads, “No matter which world you’re in, I’ll protect you,” showing that there is someone dear to him despite his inability to feel.

joo-won1.jpg

Yoon Tae Yi’s (Kim Hee Sun’s) poster says, “If it’s for you, I could do anything,” causing curiosity to mount over who she’s referring to.

kim-hee-sun2.jpg

morehttps://www.soompi.com/article/1419536wpp/alice-introduces-main-characters-with-mysterious-and-charismatic-individual-posters

Archived